Xerox Employee Reviews

Great Training - Technology Focus - Big ship to turn
General Manager, Imaging and Records Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
- Great training
- Brand Recognition
- Good management
- The people at Xerox are truly spirited and one of the best part of its culture
- Limited advancement when you hit the senior levels
Pros
Training and People
Cons
Long hours, Demanding, Struggling to move from Technology to Services
Great place to start a career
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Management is great, although there is little room for advancement. Perfect for a first job to gain experience. Below avg. pay unless you are in Sales or in an Analyst position. Either way, this company is going downhill in the future.
Pros
Management, low micro management
Cons
no encouragement to advance, below avg. pay, nepotism is big.
Great Company
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 March 2017
Xerox is a great company to work for, they care about their agents. Benefits are great and management is easy to get along with. I would highly recommend.
Diversity in the WorkPlace
Scheduling Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 March 2017
I began my career as a CSR, Then quickly moved into the after hours world of Xerox, where I learned many different businesses.
Eventually becoming a team trainer full time and center trainer when required.

The diverse group of employees made my job interesting and took great pride in their success. I was very fortunate to learn many different business within Xerox, which was very educational as I always need to learn something new.

Working with technicians in the field provided a whole new prospect to what I was learning on the business side...I had the opportunity to visit Atlanta Georgia, and California while implementing a new Scheduling Application. This job was very challenging as I was essentially asking them to follow my instruction to a group of 60-80 technicians with over 10-30 years experience each. However, we worked together to achieve a winning solution.

Assisting the manager in areas of administration was my favorite thing to do next to training, Xerox was my home away from home, and due to personal reasons had to leave.
Pros
People Relations, Diversity
Cons
A great place to work which provides career development opportunities
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2016
I have worked with Xerox for over 12 years and privileged for the opportunity to work in a variety of roles across various call center and financial processing business units across U.S.student loans, healthcare, auto loan and mortgage loan sectors.
The global employee base provided significant internal networking channels which resulted in daily virtual team meetings, working across cultures and all around organizational exposure. I have enjoyed most working with the people who I attribute much credit to my success through knowledge sharing, training and development and great leaders who mentored and nurtured my career.
There are job opportunities if people is willing to relocate. The Management encourages the people to be crosstrained if willing.
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
Love having a chat with my team members before the start of work.

I learned some processes like how Loan papers are indexed and quality checked and stored and retrieved in a mass storage system

The management provides the necessary tools for us to deliver our work and flexible with some of our personal needs like vacation.

I love my co-workers. We always haf fun being together.

The hardest part of the job is when people are let go.

I enjoyed working within the Team. My boss is kind and very generous.
Pros
Boat Cruise! and Free food on Occasions
Cons
lay offs
Decent work environment, exposure to high profile jobs.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2016
Typically, we get our work load, then we get down to work. The environment allows for interaction with other designers where opinions can be shared. Co-workers have always been decent for the most part, its a very professional environment but there is fun to be had. No room for advancement, poor pay grade for expectations and no benefits. Constant open discussions about cut backs which gives a sense of insecurity. The hardest part is the constant turn over and getting used to new management, the most enjoyable part would certainly be the interesting projects and the co-workers.
declining business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 February 2017
Nice place to work, pay isn't great, with the company shrinking there is no career advancement. There is lots of freedom to make decisions on a daily basis. The relentless pursuit of goals and results can be tiring. Too many confusing reports.
Pros
Lots of freedom
Cons
poor pay
Site Facilities in an office tower.
Site Facilities (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
Typical days started with a review of issues in the office via personal computer, followed by management of time and resources to keep things running smoothly.
A great environment to work in
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay24 February 2017
input car information, where it goes to a data base, key accurate information quickly in a timely manner. There is some management bias towards team members.
Pros
Good time system
Cons
little room for growth
Enjoyable place to work. Great team
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
Management was very effective and helpfully. Employee's and college's were enjoyable to be around. Super busy at time and lots of room for growth in the printing industry.
average to expectations
electronic service technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
poor equipment training vs service management expectations. they are more worried about client perception than employees.
Great small business
CSR (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON23 January 2017
company is driven to excell in excellence, high standards are set. However management was a bit poor but had a clear idea of what needed to be done on a day to day basis.
overall was a great company to work for
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 December 2016
Retired after 30 years service and I miss working there.
Management was always professional and fair.
Great employee support .
I always meet deadlines and have excellent time management skills
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  800 Tapscott Road14 October 2016
I have worked at Xerox Canada Ltd. for over six years. My duties were receiving and sorting all incoming files and documents and ensure all clients information were accurate and matched the manifest. Afterwards, I checked all documents and removed all paper clips, staple and made all documents were in straight without folding on each corner before loading those papers on scanner to scanning the documents. I also filed an individual file to shelves by numerical order correctly and neatly. If the scanner had a technical problem, it would be delay my daily schedule resulting insufficient time to finish my work on that day. I believe that this might be the hardest part of my job because all documents were supposed to complete each day.
Honest, hard working folks
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
- Fast paced environment
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Job load can be overwhelming at times
- Great people to work with and for
- Good work / life balance provided you maintain your boundaries
Pros
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times
Horrible place to work
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 May 2016
NO RAISES, Work load of 3 people. No benefits, No job security.
Everyone is from a temp agency and never hired, Only management is from Xerox
You get treated like a number, and held to numerous metrics.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
If I had a choice, I wouldn't have touched this company with a two foot pole. As of 2016, the company is hemorrhaging money, and field service technicians are being grilled for any possible performance metric that the company can come up with.

If you are a remote service technician, expect to be away from your home for several days of the week. Xerox is continuously expanding service territories, after forcing older technicians to retire. This is causing a chaotic life balance with new technicians, which leads into technicians looking for other work.

I figured that I learned my lessons already working for Ricoh, but apparently I did not. Xerox may offer some more perks, but it doesn't justify the means.
Productive team orienitented organization
Administrative/ Work Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2016
Typical day work - very busy, fast paced environment
i learnt and acquired several skills such as
- Communication skills with both internal and external audiences
-Microsoft Office skills and other computer/ software skills
- Team / Independent skills
- Customer services skills
-Invoicing / general supply management
- Telephone skills
Great first Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2016
Xerox sales training is unlike any I have ever experienced.
It taught me how to value my clients first and results second.
Good benefits with uncapped income in terms of commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9