Xerox Employee Reviews

Great Training - Technology Focus - Big ship to turn
General Manager, Imaging and Records Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2017
- Great training
- Brand Recognition
- Good management
- The people at Xerox are truly spirited and one of the best part of its culture
- Limited advancement when you hit the senior levels
Pros
Training and People
Cons
Long hours, Demanding, Struggling to move from Technology to Services
Great place to start a career
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Management is great, although there is little room for advancement. Perfect for a first job to gain experience. Below avg. pay unless you are in Sales or in an Analyst position. Either way, this company is going downhill in the future.
Pros
Management, low micro management
Cons
no encouragement to advance, below avg. pay, nepotism is big.
Honest, hard working folks
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
- Fast paced environment
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Job load can be overwhelming at times
- Great people to work with and for
- Good work / life balance provided you maintain your boundaries
Pros
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times
Great Environment, Great team to work with and very respectful people
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
My experience at Xerox was a great experience, Got to meet new people. Whenever I needed any support my Team lead was always there for me. I was in a team of 20 people and we migrated 800 client machines from windows 7 to windows 10. Unfortunately my contract had to end but i loved working here.
I had a Great team to work with
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS12 March 2017
I worked with a great team of people. The department I worked with was very interesting and very rewarding. The company saw the value of my team and the others we worked with.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enough pay for the job requirements
I always meet deadlines and have excellent time management skills
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  800 Tapscott Road14 October 2016
I have worked at Xerox Canada Ltd. for over six years. My duties were receiving and sorting all incoming files and documents and ensure all clients information were accurate and matched the manifest. Afterwards, I checked all documents and removed all paper clips, staple and made all documents were in straight without folding on each corner before loading those papers on scanner to scanning the documents. I also filed an individual file to shelves by numerical order correctly and neatly. If the scanner had a technical problem, it would be delay my daily schedule resulting insufficient time to finish my work on that day. I believe that this might be the hardest part of my job because all documents were supposed to complete each day.
declining business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 February 2017
Nice place to work, pay isn't great, with the company shrinking there is no career advancement. There is lots of freedom to make decisions on a daily basis. The relentless pursuit of goals and results can be tiring. Too many confusing reports.
Pros
Lots of freedom
Cons
poor pay
There are job opportunities if people is willing to relocate. The Management encourages the people to be crosstrained if willing.
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
Love having a chat with my team members before the start of work.

I learned some processes like how Loan papers are indexed and quality checked and stored and retrieved in a mass storage system

The management provides the necessary tools for us to deliver our work and flexible with some of our personal needs like vacation.

I love my co-workers. We always haf fun being together.

The hardest part of the job is when people are let go.

I enjoyed working within the Team. My boss is kind and very generous.
Pros
Boat Cruise! and Free food on Occasions
Cons
lay offs
Fun environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Fun environment, easy going, laid back. Always meeting new people. Helping customers on a daily basis. Applied through indeed. Dealing with angry/sad customers. Extended/free lunches here and there.
Pros
Free lunch/extended breaks
Cons
Short hours
A great environment to work in
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay24 February 2017
input car information, where it goes to a data base, key accurate information quickly in a timely manner. There is some management bias towards team members.
Pros
Good time system
Cons
little room for growth
You get treated like a number, and held to numerous metrics.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
If I had a choice, I wouldn't have touched this company with a two foot pole. As of 2016, the company is hemorrhaging money, and field service technicians are being grilled for any possible performance metric that the company can come up with.

If you are a remote service technician, expect to be away from your home for several days of the week. Xerox is continuously expanding service territories, after forcing older technicians to retire. This is causing a chaotic life balance with new technicians, which leads into technicians looking for other work.

I figured that I learned my lessons already working for Ricoh, but apparently I did not. Xerox may offer some more perks, but it doesn't justify the means.
Great direct Boss and enviroment
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, DIGITAL HUB & PRINTSHOP (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2017
My actual job is great, I love it. But Xerox as a company needs alot of help in how to treat their employees instead of everything being about how much money they can save.
Xerox in total confusion
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Xerox since many years cant make up its mind about its business. the endless changes inside Xerox keep fueling discontent, cutting corners to save pennies, depending on job agencies, high employee turnover, long long working hours, making staff work from home even after full shift at workplace and even from hospital beds and paying literally peanuts!!!

The airport road office, XS, BC avoid all of these. You will be dumped like an old shoe or napkin the minute you are not needed.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoyable place to work. Great team
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2017
Management was very effective and helpfully. Employee's and college's were enjoyable to be around. Super busy at time and lots of room for growth in the printing industry.
Good work place, hard working people, creative environment
Full Time Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2016
Creative environment that allows individuals to provide ideas for improving/ expanding ways companies can use paper and imaging to promote/expand their business.
Pros
good hours
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 January 2017
Getting converted to full xerox employee is a pain but it's a great place to work, I worked there for 3 years and the team was great. It was mainly troubleshooting scan to email and scan to file.
Site Facilities in an office tower.
Site Facilities (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
Typical days started with a review of issues in the office via personal computer, followed by management of time and resources to keep things running smoothly.
not what it used to be
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2017
This company seems more interested in the bottom line than the welfare of its customers and employees, it is not listening to what the customers or the employees are telling them.
Productive team orienitented organization
Administrative/ Work Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2016
Typical day work - very busy, fast paced environment
i learnt and acquired several skills such as
- Communication skills with both internal and external audiences
-Microsoft Office skills and other computer/ software skills
- Team / Independent skills
- Customer services skills
-Invoicing / general supply management
- Telephone skills
Great Company
Customer Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 March 2017
Xerox is a great company to work for, they care about their agents. Benefits are great and management is easy to get along with. I would highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9