Xerox Employee Reviews

Decent work environment, exposure to high profile jobs.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
Typically, we get our work load, then we get down to work. The environment allows for interaction with other designers where opinions can be shared. Co-workers have always been decent for the most part, its a very professional environment but there is fun to be had. No room for advancement, poor pay grade for expectations and no benefits. Constant open discussions about cut backs which gives a sense of insecurity. The hardest part is the constant turn over and getting used to new management, the most enjoyable part would certainly be the interesting projects and the co-workers.
You get treated like a number, and held to numerous metrics.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2016
If I had a choice, I wouldn't have touched this company with a two foot pole. As of 2016, the company is hemorrhaging money, and field service technicians are being grilled for any possible performance metric that the company can come up with.

If you are a remote service technician, expect to be away from your home for several days of the week. Xerox is continuously expanding service territories, after forcing older technicians to retire. This is causing a chaotic life balance with new technicians, which leads into technicians looking for other work.

I figured that I learned my lessons already working for Ricoh, but apparently I did not. Xerox may offer some more perks, but it doesn't justify the means.
There are job opportunities if people is willing to relocate. The Management encourages the people to be crosstrained if willing.
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Love having a chat with my team members before the start of work.

I learned some processes like how Loan papers are indexed and quality checked and stored and retrieved in a mass storage system

The management provides the necessary tools for us to deliver our work and flexible with some of our personal needs like vacation.

I love my co-workers. We always haf fun being together.

The hardest part of the job is when people are let go.

I enjoyed working within the Team. My boss is kind and very generous.
Pros
Boat Cruise! and Free food on Occasions
Cons
lay offs
A great place to work which provides career development opportunities
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2016
I have worked with Xerox for over 12 years and privileged for the opportunity to work in a variety of roles across various call center and financial processing business units across U.S.student loans, healthcare, auto loan and mortgage loan sectors.
The global employee base provided significant internal networking channels which resulted in daily virtual team meetings, working across cultures and all around organizational exposure. I have enjoyed most working with the people who I attribute much credit to my success through knowledge sharing, training and development and great leaders who mentored and nurtured my career.
Xerox in total confusion
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2016
Xerox since many years cant make up its mind about its business. the endless changes inside Xerox keep fueling discontent, cutting corners to save pennies, depending on job agencies, high employee turnover, long long working hours, making staff work from home even after full shift at workplace and even from hospital beds and paying literally peanuts!!!

The airport road office, XS, BC avoid all of these. You will be dumped like an old shoe or napkin the minute you are not needed.
Pros
Cons
everything
Reputable company with great co-workers
On-Site Deployment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2016
Over the past 6 years I've had a very enjoyable time working for Xerox, I got to re located, experience different work ethics and try my skills out with different groups of people. I was lucky to be hired on fresh out of Collage (Work Term) which was good because I didn't really have to hunt for a job.

In the spring of 2015, our site had lost the contract with the Provincial Gov and was forced to lay off 4 employees. I however was lucky enough to stay on with the Xerox team but through a Contract Agency. I am currently on a term that ends March 31, 2016 but have been contacted by my previous Manager to be re located if willing.

I really enjoy working for the Xerox team but have to keep my options open and find permanent/full-time job.
Pros
team outtings, great managers & reputable company
Cons
Lost ful- time status, hired back but as contractor
Productive team orienitented organization
Administrative/ Work Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 9, 2016
Typical day work - very busy, fast paced environment
i learnt and acquired several skills such as
- Communication skills with both internal and external audiences
-Microsoft Office skills and other computer/ software skills
- Team / Independent skills
- Customer services skills
-Invoicing / general supply management
- Telephone skills
Fun place to work
Business Development Manager Division (Former Employee) –  LALDARWAJA AHMEDABDApril 2, 2016
Really enjoyed the work with this company.Flexible hours flexible pay. Thanks to the ceo who was really good with the peop;e
Pros
VERY FLEXIBLE
Cons
SOMETIMES WORK LATE
Worklife balance to the max
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 3, 2015
I have only ever worked at this one company full time so take my review with a grain of salt. Having said that, I worked at the Canadian HQ at Yonge & Finch and I love it!

Every single one of the management staff is super nice and most of them have been with the company 10+ years. It's a very sales & marketing focused company. Lots of money is being spent on contests for sales, but not so much for headquarter staff.

There are no all hands meetings, so sometimes it takes a while to get the big picture. However, the org structure is pretty flat despite having our own CEO in Canada which is a huge plus in terms of autonomy as company. There's also a lot of working relationship with folks from the US and other parts of the company.

People tend to skew towards the older range in terms of tenure and every single one of them I met have been very nice. Turnover is very low in HQ.

They have a lean six sigma training (free), which drives a lot of how the company do things. I particular liked this one because it is essentially a free project management course.

Benefits wise: You can leave and come whenever you want as long as you get your work done. Working from home is very common. So common that halve the office is usually empty despite recently removing one of 4 floors in the building. Maternity leave is 1 year. You can buy vacation days. Gym is heavily subsidized at GoodLife which works out to $150/yr. Compared to other companies, the benefits package I believe seems very similar.

Pay: My next job offered a 35% salary bump, so I believe the pay at Xerox was not very
  more... competitive at all.  less
Pros
work from home
Cons
no free coffee
Fantastic environment to work in
Printing Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
During my tenure with Xerox, I had a great working relationship with my boss and assistant manager. We complimented each other in every facet.

Both my boss and assistant manager gave me every opportunity to learn from them and grow with them as part of their team even though I was a temp worker
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Temporary work
Refurbishing
Rebuilding Machines & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2016
Lots of laughter & music throughout the building where you go to work and people got along, working together as a team. Taking the machines taking them to the wash bins, for taking apart, then air dry bring them back for refurbishing, taking the job to heart. Managers helped out when needed. Finding out that someone made a mistake and you had to restart and finish up. Not only did I enjoy my job the people were always good.
Xerox Canada
Major Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 10, 2016
I love my job at Xerox, it is a very healthy environment, professional atmosphere, great employee relations. opportunities to grow, continuous learning and training.
Pros
continuous learning, growth opportunities
Cons
Payment is non-satisfactory
basic entry level job, but rewards mayched efforts
Fleet Analyst / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
collected on student loans on behalf of the bank before they were written off as bad debts. learned the art of negotiation and customer service here - people were much more willing to make payment arrangements with someone who showed them respect
Flow through consultant
Project Manager / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2016
I was a flow through consultant and didn't have many direct dealings with Xerox Global Services. I had interaction with a local team of fulltime employees. Their feedback of the company was positive
Good company for individual growth
General Imaging Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2016
Good company for individual growth
Company understands each individual requirements
Many more opportunities in this company where you can improve your skills
Great first Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Xerox sales training is unlike any I have ever experienced.
It taught me how to value my clients first and results second.
Good benefits with uncapped income in terms of commission.
Flexible but lacks growth
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 12, 2016
You have access to all the tools and software you want to get the job done.

A lot of client-driven development is done;
If the client wants it, we'll make it.

Co-Workers range from great to horrible as management higher low wage individual and compensate by hiring a few seniors.
Pros
Great Senior Co-workers, Provided tools on request
Cons
Old Fashion, Bad management
Good job, not much loyalty to employees
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2016
Good job, but the company was downsizing all off-shore people, Canada for them is off-shore. Career wise not a clear development plan.
N/a
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 20, 2016
Just another place to work. co workers are nice. easy work. changing management, work is up and down, get to meet many people, good entry level job for people
fun workplace
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 3, 2016
It is a great place to work in, employees are very cheerful. The work is interesting and always a place to learn new things.
Pros
monthly bbqs
Cons
sometimes exhausting

2.9