Xerox

4.4K reviews

Xerox Employee Reviews

Great workplace, amazing company
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical work day consists of recovering data off of encrypted machines, creating and closing work orders using BMC Remedy, cleaning, formatting, testing and configuring machines for redeployment back into the field and sometimes providing tech support to users.
ok place over all
level 2 support EOOD (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 9, 2016
trouble shooting network issues such as email fax scanning to
pc or file
first line support for north america
in coming call out going call and email follow up
cool
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2016
its a world of new things always come up. we have to work like a team and to be very flexible with schedule. nice team and management.
Productive work place
Chemical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great workplace to learn new skill set and apply knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency of products being generated.
Really good place to work, the people and the work were made the days go by quickly.
Outbound and Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova ScotiaNovember 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Xerox the only reson I left was they moved my job and many others back to the States. Xerox is a very large company, but it took good care of it's people.
Pros
Greta place to work
Cons
Long hours and demanding managers.
growth and advancement
Account Receivable Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
Support management, growth and education fee was welcome. was able to learn a lot form management staff and colleagues in different department
Waking up everyday and knowing that you are walking into a fun environment is the best and that's exactly how my place of work is.
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,ONOctober 8, 2015
Everyone brings something different do the table therefore I learn something new everyday. The management team is awesome always there to listen and to come up with a solution. My co-workers are so different from one another other which makes it easier to blend in with everyone.The hardest part of the the job is pleasing the customers and live up to there standards but at the same time it is the most enjoyable part of my job because I get to challenge myself to find a way to please everyone.Happy customers means good business.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
not enough parking
Great place to work with lots of great training
Pricing and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 22, 2015
A great company to work for I really enjoy the experience and training I received . Great people and very professional workplace.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Off shoring of jobs
Xerox
Xerox Customer Accont Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 18, 2015
No Comment about this company, I was a long term employee for 20 years with no advancement over the last 9 years. The direction of the company changes each day and it is only focused on the numbers. Its about the employees! this is not true. A company all about politics not what makes sense to do for the customer.
Pros
Talk a good Talk
Cons
No Follow up
Learn a lot.
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga OnSeptember 11, 2015
Xerox Canada, is the place that can be described in one word, Bee nest. Everybody knows their part, but everyone works to help each other and build a magnificent product.
Profile
Fiels Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
While I thoroughly enjoy working with computers and printers in the office and in the field, I also enjoy the challenge of trouble shooting and problem solving over the phone. I enjoy and welcome all opportunities to train other technicians in the servicing and operations of specialised equipment, as well as opportunities to expand my own knowledge and abilities. I am career orientated and work well as a team player, or on my own without supervision
Great Company if you love to work hard!
Worker (Former Employee) –  SomewhereAugust 27, 2015
If you work hard you get great results. Not a business or company to be taken lightly. Lots to learn and you grow at your own pace.
Pros
You can make great money!
Cons
Its tough to get started
A day at work
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 23, 2015
The hardest part of the job is to carry paper boxes from the loading dock to the storage without any tools to help.
Tipical day, is to prepare orders and send them to customers at three different locations.
Most enjoyable part is when a customer provides a good comment about my the product.
Contracts are never fun but the environment was at least professional which is nice for a call centre
SSS Service Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBMay 28, 2015
While Xerox can be strict and yes I wont dent cliques run the show in Xerox SJ. I was blessed with a high rate of pay coming in the door. Now this was only due to a new program being launched. I began at 14.50 where normally it would only be 11.00.

At the end of my contact term as i had moved to overnight and getting a premium I was under contract but making 17.10 an hour by the time i left. However, despite I help train the overnight team where my position could be refilled with another contractor for only 13.10 under the normal premiums based upon only 11.50 as the base, they had no way to keep me one despite I offered them to cut my pay (as I enjoyed the program itself and the technicians I worked with in dispatching where friendly and working, so to was the support staff on site)

The only downside is the wait time on contract. My agency didnt just not re-hire me, Ceridian Staffing I believe they where, claimed bankruptcy and informed me a week early my term was finished. the did pay me out the last week but of course that left me slightly bitter despite it wasn't xerox's choice technically.

In the end overall it was a great learning experience where i got to use my training experience to in a sense train a few of the overnight agents. Only downside is ive heard of people being there 5 yrs and still stuck at 11.50 without being converted due to wage freezes.

My room mate at the time worked there for ten yrs and only had gotten to 14.00 even right after i left just before her 11th year.
Pros
great rate of pay for the time i applied. professional which is so rare in call centre in SJ
Cons
Contracts, long wait for conversions and raises.
Great Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. Co workers and staff are always friendly and approachable. I really enjoyed the data entry work. I would definitely recommend this company
fortune 500 company
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth NSMay 22, 2015
working at all levels with fellow Xerox employees from all over North America. great work / home life balance. great benefits as well
Positive working Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough on.May 13, 2015
The most enjoyable working place and very positive work environment where each candidates prefer to work

They Provided Free lunch when there is overtime
A company that allowed independent growth for anyone
SENIOR TECHNECIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill to Newmarket to VaughanApril 20, 2015
Best company that I ever worked for. Resigned and opened the print shop. Did 25 - 20 hours overtime weekly with new project upgrades. Enjoyed management and others that I worked with. Was always driven for best results in job.
Pros
Advancement in whatever your goals are
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 16, 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management
Digital Scanner Operator (Current Employee) –  ottawaMarch 30, 2015
With previous job experience the scanning position was quite easy for me. Would like to learn new things such as cross training.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Too far from my home.