Xerox Employee Reviews

Limited room for growth
SOURCING SPECIALIST - GLOBAL TALENT ACQUISITION (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
No thought was given to employees in terms of providing a path to grow and learn. the only staff that seems to matter to upper management is sales. If you are not in sales you are just expected to stay in your job and like it, and not progress or grow.
excellent working conditions and nature of job
National Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 November 2017
The company is superb to work with. life and work both balanced. excellent working proffessional environment and growth. salary is amongst best in the industry and company is amongst top fortune 500 company
Standard corporate culture
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
If you like large corporations that do not actually care about you or your progression in the company, then this is the place for you! Do not expect to be treated as anything more than "feet in the street" that help to fill out their numbers expectations.

I did not want to review the company at all but the program would not allow me to complete this application without 150 characters. I think there should be an option for someone to post a resume without reviewing their previous employer.
Pros
The pay always arrives on time via direct deposit.
Temp role
Data Entry, Reception, Mail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
I was at Xerox in a temp role and during my time there I learned alot of office experience front desk reception and was moved from site to site.

I enjoyed my time there but unfortunately when my contact was up there was no longer any work for me
A once great company in decline
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Canada13 November 2017
Xerox is a company in decline. They have cut so deeply in the past 18 months without any significant investment in innovation or talent. Their time has come and gone!
Pros
Can't really think of any but the fact that some of the folks I worked with were really great people, Many have left!
Cons
Old school in approaches to selling, constant exodus of talent leaving only tier two talent or people scared to leave.
Friendly work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 November 2017
As with all call centers, too much emphasis put on number of calls taken, rather than primarily focusing on quality of calls. You can have the highest success of solving customer issues, however be taken to task and asked repeatedly how you will improve your time on the phone if you don't fall into their strict benchmark.Also you are hired on through a placement agency which means less pay, then you wait several years to be 'converted' into an actual Xerox employee.
Pros
Great managers and work environment
Cons
No conversions, and too much emphasis on volume of calls.
Shrinking company
National Account Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
It great company to work for in the start of my career. there were lots of opportunities for training and job promotions. as time went on and business got tough they started to lay off and ask people to do more and more work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
stres
Xerox - worshipper of youth
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada26 October 2017
Xerox is working to reinvent themselves. Youth is king. If you think they will show any loyalty to you as the years go by, think again.
The culture is great but geared to those under 40. After work drinks at the bar seem to be the only way to develop a relationship with the team and management.
As they slowly eliminate all their experienced and most knowlegeable employees they will most definitely have rebuilt themselves as Young & Lean, however they will have lost more than they realize. With age comes wisdom. Too bad they've lost sight of that.
Pros
Awesome technology
Cons
Management direction
Environnement simulant
Directeur de comptes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2017
Mon expérience de ventes à travers les différents rôles que j'ai joués, m'ont permis de maitriser l'art de la vente. La gestion de comptes nationaux et complexes m'ont aidé à développer des aptitudes de leadership et stratégiques envers mes contacts exécutifs. Plusieurs formations m'ont permis de développer mes connaissances pour me rendre plus autonome et efficace. De plus, les possibilités d'avancement de carrière m'ont également motivées à me surpasser et à atteindre mes objectifs annuels.
Environnement de travail agéable
Reliure de livres (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 October 2017
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler pour XEROX. C'était entraînant et j'ai beaucoup aimé apprendre de cette expérience.

Want to know more about Xerox?

Ask a question
Decent work
XEROX Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2017
job not secure, hours are good usually from 9 to 5. As a contractor you get no benefits and no job security. Also the pay is not great at all. good place to gain some experience
Good people to work with
Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Great people to work with. Working in a small department felt like having a second family. A fast paced environment, with long hours at month-ends. Sadly, the company is set-up on restructuring in Canada.
Supportive coworkers
Mainframe Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
Management in Canada amazing.
The environment at head office is very modern.
Close to Go and TTC, convenient parking at head office location.
A really good place to work for.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
Is now under the US management.
Encouraging, Fun
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
Other employees and senior scientists were very resourceful and helpful, eager to learn and help. Management was excellent. Good work/life balance overall.
Excellent place to work. Culture, professional development, autonomy.
Sales and Solutions Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
Xerox Canada is very professional workplace. I have learned continuously in my 7 years, my opinion is valued, my efforts are appreciated and rewarded.
If you work Temporary its good, otherwise not worth it
Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
It's a nice atmosphere, and let you have the days you need off without a hitch. No a lot of people will stick their heads out for you, you must earn it. Even if you show them you earned it they won't care too much.
Your boss' will always be nice and they'll become your best friends
Enjoy my work at place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 September 2017
Like to work this kind of companies every day enjoy work at workplace good people and management also. good flexible time also provided so that is best part of job.
good company to work with
Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
It is stressing because of strict deadlines but I enjoyed it because I like what I do. I work at home so I can attend to my family while making money.
Pros
i work at home
Cons
no benefits, long hours
en environnement composé de gens de qualité
directeur des opérations (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 September 2017
Excellente entreprise qui m'a permis d'évoluer. Une référence en service à la clientèle.
typical day at work
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 August 2017
i liked my job but i had travelling issues and they would not work with me to give me 1/2 hour to get home and catch the last bus even tho i would go in early and put in 2 extra hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.