Xerox

4.4K reviews

Xerox Employee Reviews

Contracts are never fun but the environment was at least professional which is nice for a call centre
SSS Service Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBMay 28, 2015
While Xerox can be strict and yes I wont dent cliques run the show in Xerox SJ. I was blessed with a high rate of pay coming in the door. Now this was only due to a new program being launched. I began at 14.50 where normally it would only be 11.00.

At the end of my contact term as i had moved to overnight and getting a premium I was under contract but making 17.10 an hour by the time i left. However, despite I help train the overnight team where my position could be refilled with another contractor for only 13.10 under the normal premiums based upon only 11.50 as the base, they had no way to keep me one despite I offered them to cut my pay (as I enjoyed the program itself and the technicians I worked with in dispatching where friendly and working, so to was the support staff on site)

The only downside is the wait time on contract. My agency didnt just not re-hire me, Ceridian Staffing I believe they where, claimed bankruptcy and informed me a week early my term was finished. the did pay me out the last week but of course that left me slightly bitter despite it wasn't xerox's choice technically.

In the end overall it was a great learning experience where i got to use my training experience to in a sense train a few of the overnight agents. Only downside is ive heard of people being there 5 yrs and still stuck at 11.50 without being converted due to wage freezes.

My room mate at the time worked there for ten yrs and only had gotten to 14.00 even right after i left just before her 11th year.
Pros
great rate of pay for the time i applied. professional which is so rare in call centre in SJ
Cons
Contracts, long wait for conversions and raises.
A Day at Xerox
Solutions Account Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 6, 2013
The best part about this company is the people. World class professionals working together learning from each other. It is a very large team. You have the opportunity to network with people from all over the world and the opportunity for advancement is only limited by your own ambition. Every day is a learning experience. There is great support for advancing your learning as well in the form of elearning courses and even supplemented university if applicable to your position. The managers are a part of the leadership team. They do not work above you, they work beside you. Everyone is always willing to listen to a new perspective or idea. The hardest part of working for this company in my position is simply bandwidth. As with most companies Xerox tends to stretch its resources thin, but this also is a developmental opportunity. The best part of this job is the developmental opportunity. You can literally go anywhere you want working for Xerox and the people you work with will be amazing. Xerox hires great people and its an honor to be part of their team.
Pros
generous paid vacation time and floater days, benefits package, team events, employee recognition
Cons
extreme multitasking required
Gained beneficial experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 14, 2014
I love that I face new challenges every day and I come into work not knowing what the day will hold. Unfortunately, they're downsizing and my job isn't secure any longer.
My role is challenging because I have to manage 42 sales reps virtually. I do so by mentoring, coaching, training, sales support, driving revenue through marketing initiatives and different programs that I manage to inspire the reps to sell harder. I prospect for new business to increase market share. I am the sales manager because many agent owners don't have one on staff and are too busy to take on the responsibility.
I use many systems and software on a daily basis, such as: Salesforce, WebEx, Microsoft Outlook, MS Dos, Internet, CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, iOS7, and MS Windows 7/8.
Pros
free parking
Cons
downsizing drastically
Productive Good Place To Work
Switchboard Operator/Reception/Administration (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 25, 2013
Main job was switchboard and covering reception with doing mail out in between calls. Checking cheque list, helping out with data entry. Keeping up with phone books on line under Telephone Reception Information Management. This job was very enjoyable and in a quiet space room for answering calls and completing the call to the finish. To satisfy the customer needs. Paying very close to details. I enjoyed working days, and gave me a good work life balance. Every day was a new day on the phones as you never know what questions will be asked of me and yet the confidence to follow through with the delivery of calls. Very busy call volume, yet enough to help out in other departments.
Pros
very busy office
Waking up everyday and knowing that you are walking into a fun environment is the best and that's exactly how my place of work is.
Receptionist and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,ONOctober 8, 2015
Everyone brings something different do the table therefore I learn something new everyday. The management team is awesome always there to listen and to come up with a solution. My co-workers are so different from one another other which makes it easier to blend in with everyone.The hardest part of the the job is pleasing the customers and live up to there standards but at the same time it is the most enjoyable part of my job because I get to challenge myself to find a way to please everyone.Happy customers means good business.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
not enough parking
zellers
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontOctober 13, 2012
My shift varies, it could be a 12noon-9:30pm or a 10:00-7:30pm shift. Cashing customer through a fast past checkout. Processing Returns/Refunds. setting up Merchandise of new products. balancing cash floats and making deposit. Employees, were fun and outgoing, they were of all different ethic background, however i did not fine the management team easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job, was not getting enough hours, the pay rate was not good, and there was no growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is, is that i have acquired great knowledge on the job, that has help me in all work environment, and developing great relationship with employees .
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no room for growth
My Xerox
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virtual Office and On-SiteMay 1, 2014
I personally loved working for Xerox. My immediate manager was an exceptional human being who managed by example, sharing knowledge and encouraging team efforts to successfully meet and exceed milestones, providing exceptional service to clients and internal customers. The people I worked with were great and worked as a family rather than co-workers. I learned a tremendous amount of valuable experience in my 6 years with them. I would recommend this as a place to work, and learn everything you can for your own personal growth.
Pros
great people
Cons
bottom line is unfortunately more important than knowledge/experience of many seasoned workers
Great place to work!
Fleet Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2013
As a fleet analyst, I had to prioritize my schedule. Meetings with clients, upper management and make sure the contract is running at optimal expectation. Also made sure client needs were met.

Ive learned on how to meet tight deadlines, and having to have staff work for you.

Management were great. They were there when needed, and paid close attention to your work.

Co-workers were terrific as they helped each other.

Hardest part of the job is long hours, making sure client needs were met. Very time consuming job!

Most enjoyable is having the end result of having happy clients, making sure everything ran great!
Pros
great work experience
Cons
salary ( salary freeze )
Great training provided with great mentorship
Office Assessment Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2012
The initial position I was hired for did you have enough work to support the position, so I was redirected to Xerox Global Services to manage at one of their Partnership Print Shop Sites.

I learned the operations and management of operating an Internal Print Shop. The management is more than anyone can ask for. The environment resembles a family-ran company. The hardest part of this job is that this is not challenging enough for me as I used to manage larger operations; hence, I am now seeking for a new employment with more ongoing challenges.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
not challenging enough
High standards, lots of fun and support from colleagues & company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Agency, MississaugaJune 27, 2012
If you're self-driven, enjoy meeting new people and like challenging yourself to try new things and push harder for greater successes, then Xerox is the place for you. They have an intense training program for their Account Managers and the investment they make in you doesn't stop once the job begins. Cold calling can be hard at first but there's always an open door if you need some extra support. They have all the supports in place to ensure you can keep promises, as long as you know not to over-promise...they guarantee customer service because they've invested in it.
Pros
training and support
Cons
commission
Must be self driven and dedicated.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 25, 2014
When working in the sales field you must be available for the clients at anytime. This required long hours and sometimes on weekends. You must be self driven and dedicated as this career is very commissioned based. Xerox was a great company to work for as it has reputable products and a great history. The training was very thorough, however when I got into the field I felt as though I was kind of on my own and not prepared. It was hard to communicate the help I needed to the management team, as a lot of the issues we just being new to the industry.
Pros
training expenses paid for, great experiences
Cons
often alone most of the time
A typical day at work
Assist clientele (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
A typical day at work starts off by coming a 5mins early to get a jump start to the day. What I've learn on a day to day basis to be a team player and always extend my help whenever I can. Management is okay I feel that there's not any room for advancement within the company.My co-workers are easier to get along with. The hardest part of this job is the fact they merge the mailroom and the print room together and I have to work with what I've got. I've brought my concerns with management but they don't seem to concerned about it. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with clientele on a day to day basis. That's pretty much an average day.
Having to go straight on the phones
Inside Sales and Marketing Graphic Communications (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 25, 2014
Once at work and setup my station I was off and going on the phones. I was taught many different databases to use in only a two week training. The management was very professional. My co-workers were always there to assist if I had a problem. The hardest part of the job was just trying to adapt all the information with the software provided until I became used to it. Leaving with a smile on my face knowing I had succeeded for that day. And everyone told me.
Pros
working for a very well know corporation
Cons
trying to hard sometimes
Productive and Nice work environment
Account Associate/Record Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 21, 2015
It's good though it's not related to my nursing profession.

• Receiving bins of documents in skids
• Sorting and Checking-in files in the computer system
• Working with the document(removing staple wires, tape, sticky notes) in preparation for file imaging
• File validation and data entry
• Scanning, photocopying clients documents (RRSP, Personal Loan, Mutual Funds, Mortgage and other loan products)
• Labeling and filing of documents
• Completing general clerical help like lifting of bins of documents as required
Great place to work.
Facility Engineer, 4th Class Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 29, 2014
Operate and maintain the basic building equipment in accordance with policy and procedure.

I was able to learn so much while at Xerox as the manager allowed me to have free reign to observe and learn to the point I was able to implement new ideas improving efficiency cutting operating cost significantly.

Most of what I was able to accomplish could not have been done without the team work of my fellow workers.
Pros
all round great company to work for.
Cons
nil
Technical work environment
Photocopier Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 11, 2014
A high tempo job, where I was given my own space. Traveling around inner city limits to 5-7 calls per day, fixing photocopiers. There was always a new problem you had never seen before, which was great because you were constantly learning.

Management had a very close relationship with us. My co-workers were all great guys and we all helped each other out when needed.
Pros
own space, new enviroment every day
Cons
trying to obtain quality with quanity can be difficult at times.
They call it a sales center, but it was really a call center.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 8, 2014
It was an good place to start when you just finish university. However in the SJ center, you could bounce around laterally, but no many truly different roles. There have been many lay off, so don't think that you will retire with this company.
Personally, I don't buy into the "RA RA woo!" company cultures, but if you like that, you will enjoy Xerox.
Pros
regular schedule, encourage self improvement
Cons
no cost of living increases, call center, it's just not that exciting
Travel from site to site servicing equipment for clients
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 26, 2015
Enjoyable to learn the different problems for an office equipment. Clients are thankful and appreciative on the quick response we provide. Every day is a new one and each client has their different needs met. The downside is the 2 year wait as a contractor before switching over as direct hire with all the benefits and salary increase.
Pros
working office hours only and appreciative clients
Cons
2 year contractor term
Profile
Fiels Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
While I thoroughly enjoy working with computers and printers in the office and in the field, I also enjoy the challenge of trouble shooting and problem solving over the phone. I enjoy and welcome all opportunities to train other technicians in the servicing and operations of specialised equipment, as well as opportunities to expand my own knowledge and abilities. I am career orientated and work well as a team player, or on my own without supervision
Stifling corporate culture
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnApril 16, 2015
With a management team that favors cliches and tenure over ability and non-Xerox experience the sales arm has caps built in, a competing field sales department (2 of them, actually) and a very rigid advancement ladder that means you'd have to work there for at least five years before any meaningful career advancement.
Pros
results driven, no metrics
Cons
tenure based promotions, less than professional management