- Work with outsourced vendors to manage installation, maintenance and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Manage and tune online platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Acts as the single point of contact for system escalations and service assurance related issues.
- Provides technical support by prioritizing, troubleshooting, characterizing, reproducing and escalating customer reported problems, and delivers hardware, software and/or application solutions within customer response time targets.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures on complex projects.
- Provides technical support to third-party technical service providers, as applicable.
- Interface with Business Stakeholders on all applicable projects. Update manager on all escalated issues.
- Maintains high level of technical product knowledge. Design and review systems architecture for new and existing solutions.
- Work with customers, internal teams, partners and suppliers to establish communicate and manage expectations.
- Participate in proposal development, Contracts/SLA negotiations and contract interpretation as required.
- Keeps abreast of leading edge IT technology in the specific market/industry of the customer
- Simplifies the customer's experience.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience – 3-5 years in online operations role
Preferred Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS Computer Science or related field, MS a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with a high availability environment. Ecommerce is preferred.
- Extensive experience building, operating, and supporting distributed infrastructure
- Deep understanding of web technologies, performance, high availability, networking, HTTP, DNS, SSL, load balancing.
- Application Server Engineering, Tuning, and Administration (Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Cloud Computing, Akamai, Content Delivery, Caching
- ITIL knowledge or Certification; Incident and Problem Management.
- Proven track record for on time project delivery.
- Engineering, developing, and running monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Splunk, BMC, Nagios)
- Linux / Unix (Red Hat, AIX).
- Troubleshooting multi-tier web problems across platforms.
Indeed - 7 months ago