We are looking for an enthusiastic junior engineer to assist in the prototype manufacture of our custom silicon sensor. The role will entail assisting in the optimization, validation, and manufacturing scale up of our sensor production facility as well as assisting with the production and R&D needs of our ongoing development activities. Your critical feedback and input will be invaluable to develop our world leading technology.
This is an entry level role that would suit someone interested in developing an understanding of medical device manufacture and development.
- Operation of all production processes for low volume manufacture microfluidic and bio-sensor devices
- Manual manufacture of test devices for engineering and science staff
- Preventative and reactive maintenance on production equipment
- Assistance and critical feedback on production processes
- BSc in Engineering, Materials or other related physical sciences
- Teamwork-oriented approach to achieving critical milestones.
- Mechatronics or electro-mechanical engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem solving ability and lateral thinking capability;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives;
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- 1+ years working in a professional setting or suitable co-op term.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Pragmatism combined with a “can do” attitude;
- Ingrained sense of precision and quality
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Start date: January, 2013
Indeed - 5 months ago
Xagenic is a molecular diagnostics company developing a true point- of-care platform. Our aim is to enable on-demand, near patient molecular...