We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to assist us in taking our novel molecular diagnostic platform from conception to full-scale production. Working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists, you will be integral to the design and launch of an exciting new product.
- Develops firmware and software to run test rigs and development tools for internal use
- Guides software development of product
- Assists in the data mining and assists data control needs of laboratory staff.
- Works with external development partners to guide development and perform critical reviews of outputs
- Is integral in development of assay decision making algorithms, control algorithms and error checking procedures.
- BSc or MS in Computer Science/Engineering Science/Software Engineering or similar
- In-depth C#.net development experience along with experience in C++. An understanding of object oriented design in software systems is required. Strong knowledge of CE 6.
- Exposure to working in an ISO13485 regulated environment with medical devices/IVDs and associated accessories.
- Experience developing firmware and software on a variety of rapid development platforms.
- Teamwork-oriented approach to achieving critical milestones.
- Experience with Python and other rapid development languages
- A working knowledge of ISO 62304 and associated standards
- A working knowledge of web technologies for data presentation
- Experience with GUI design and implementation technologies
- Experience with Embedded C and Embedded Linux
- A solid working knowledge of statistics and algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem solving ability and lateral thinking capability;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives;
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- 3+ years of applicable product development experience.
- Experience must include the specification, design, documentation, coding, testing & release to manufacturing of commercial software.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Pragmatism combined with a “can do” attitude;
- Broad and deep thinking – “big picture” combined with attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic;
Start date: January 2013