Mechanical designers typically begin a project by meeting with project managers, engineers, and clients to understand the needs and requirements for a new product or mechanical system. As a part of one of our recent projects, we need to develop and design a mechanical degassing system, including all pipings, valves, pumps and other related components in order to efficiently bring the oil in our instrument and sent it back to the tank after degassing.
We also need to design all the required watertight and airtight boxes, enclosures, and so on. In total, this job needs a lot of experiences in the fields of the fluid and solid mechanical design.
Main Job Duties:
- Design, develop, and optimize mechanical components of instruments, modules and subsystems, including specification, prototyping, performance test and verification and product release in cooperation with other team members
- The mechanical components' design consists of designing sensors' body, watertight and airtight enclosures, thermal control systems, and other parts by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Applying innovative and problem solving skills to reach to the specification required for the equipment in a short manner
- Analysis of mechanical systems, including Finite Element analysis for thermal, vibration, and acoustics.
- A key member of a fast growing R&D team reporting to the Director and the project manager
- Analysis and specification of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements, research and test the already designed products and order parts to be manufactured and assembly the final prototype.
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with system engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports concerning industrial equipments' development.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with the engineering design and performance specifications.
- Assures system and product quality by designing, testing methods and testing finished- product and system capabilities to confirm fabrication and assembly processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Working effectively with the applications team and other stakeholders to advance the use and applications of the new detection and measurement system.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in the Solid or Fluid Mechanical engineering.
- At least 10 years experience in Mechanical Design, Instrumentation Design, and/or other related mechanical system design
- A good understanding of different materials used in mechanical design of instrumentation
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) is essential
- Experience in degassing systems is an asset
- Good computer knowledge is an asset
- Good communications skills and ability to work in a team environment is essential
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to use MS Office for communication and documentation purposes
- Design skills in other areas of mechanics would be a definite asset
Required Language: English
Indeed - 5 months ago
We are a design house company specialized in new product development.