Wynn Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Fun place to workout and great people!
Group Fitness Instructor (Zumba, Strong by Zumba) (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 January 2018
Enjoy working here for 5+ years. Great people (members and staff). Benefits include a free membership. Advancement is possible. Lots of subbing opportunities.
Pros
Free membership.
happy and rewarding environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Company rewards you if you work hard and hit your sales targets. If you just want a salaried safe job, better luck with a government job.

Pay is good, managers have benefits plus there is some fun company events.
Pros
relaxed environment, good Team morale
Cons
hours incl. evenings and some weekends
Wynn Fitness cares for people, so do I
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
Coming from a corporate world in financial services, employment at Wynn Fitness brings the fresh air into my life, a certain comfort that comes with the friendliness and family-like atmosphere here at the head office as well as all the clubs. The best thing about the Wynn Fitness are the people! That goes for those who work here and the members.

In my five months of working here, I had nothing but the best experience. I like the fact that the passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle comes from the top and reflects down to the clubs and care for our members in various ways, whether it is investing in hi-tech fitness equipment or giving back to the community by sponsoring so many local charity organizations and their events. It means to me to be part of something like that and in my small way be able to change people’s lives for the better.

The work here is conducted professionally with a high sense of responsibility to those who we serve. Good effort is being recognized and certainly appreciated, and trust can be earned. I love the fact that the Management is also casual, but that is in time planned for fun, so then we have lunches and birthday celebrations together, team building activities and honest help and encouragement in achieving personal fitness goals.

It’s a new industry for me so it’s very exciting and learning doesn’t stop.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and bosses! Also, I get to use our spectacular clubs.
Cons
Not enough time to tell all inspiring stories from our clubs.
Happy environment
Fitness instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
Love working in happy environment .
respect others .customer service.
clean environment ,well respected,.
always in time.
Multiple cultures,
Smile.
Pros
Never take anything for granted
Cons
Not a problem working a double shift
PT at Wynn
Ex PT (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 May 2017
As someone who has had experience working in other Strength and Conditioning sectors before, here are my thoughts:

GOOD. Better variety in equipment, esp the squat room + astro/functional/TRX rooms upstairs.

BAD: Revolving door for Personal Trainers. They have the bare minimum requirements for hiring trainers, and essentially care most about sales and getting clients to renew once their training package is up. Confusing, because a PT is supposed to take on a client for 3-6 mos, teach them technique, exercise selection etc, and ultimately set the person up to take care of themselves the rest of their lives.
But not here, reward is on getting them long term hooked, and your ratings and job security is compromised if they dont re-sign.
Bottom line: sales and membership, less on helping the clients
Pros
Use of the Gym
Cons
Poor management, not worth the benefits
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2017
If you're interesting in being pushed around regardless of seniority or job performance, then try working here. The management is essentially a frat house. The gym is constantly breaking, with the steam room shutting down or the staff constantly switching with monthly hiring/firing. Fires people in the probationary period, so don't stay if you want steady income. Definitely worth it for a quick cash grab, not much other than that. I'd rather sell lemonade on the street.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management is poor
actual management are very rude and stuck up
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
the employees are very out going and work hard.
everyone is very friendly except management who will smile in your face but talk behind your back.
it wasn't a very good experience other than some of the staff.
Great experience
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 September 2016
Been a longstanding employee for years. Have worked in the fitness industry for a long time and this is by far the best place I have worked. Great team environment. Time spent on developing employees and there skills. Offers superb work-life balance. Cares about the community and gives back. Donates to charities. Was involved in building a house for humanity. Has donated over $100k to Canadian Breast Cancer of the past couple of years.
Not worth it.
sales (Former Employee) –  downtown27 June 2015
The salary on the low end. Management is the problem.
It starts with both downtown district and club management. They are not transparent and very vindictive. Extremely high employee turnover is related to low pay and negative atmosphere from the management.
STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Very easy environment to learn reception skills
Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2015
6-10 hour days
Mornings and evenings were fine
Management was great
coworkers were good, not only receptionists but also sales reps and personal trainers
always a good and positive environment
Exciting, fun, rewarding
Sales (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill31 December 2014
This is the most rewarding opportunity I've experienced in my career in sales.The way Wynn Fitness makes you feel right at home with their fantastic training program to get you up to speed made my confidence sky rocket to another level. I love health and wellness and selling a lifestyle choice to change life's makes what im doing staight from the heart. I believe in what im selling and so does Wynn Fitness. The positive people that I work with and their members creates an atmosphere that one who finds true happiness can only dream. Change for the future, dream big, and the possibilities are endless.
Pros
We change life's!
Cons
You have to take actions on your decision to make it a reality!
Fun and Exciting place to work!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill30 December 2014
From the moment I started here at Wynn Fitness I was welcomed as part of the family. Wynn Fitness trained me for my first week and It has never been better since. The people I work with and the people I get to meet is in such a positive, fun, and energetic environment that everyone I encounter are happy and excited people. Just Makes my day worth While
Pros
Group Fitness/ GREAT GYM
Cons
Healthier Life Style
Employees are not given adequate compensation
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 November 2014
Employees are not led effectively, many people's individual talents are often wasted.

The culture is horrendous, rather than cultivating the employees, the staff is extremely devalued which consequently strikes a devastating blow to morale with employees.

This is an ideal company for entry level workers, with no or very little experience as compensation is very minimal.

After leaving this company, I am now employed in the same field and receiving 150% more in salary alone.

They will insist that you cannot get a higher salary elsewhere, but there are fitness facilities that will respect you and compensate you for your knowledge and experience.

There is a great deal of smoke and mirrors with this company, a great deal of promises with lack of follow through.
Pros
access to the gym facility
Cons
compensation, lack of integrity, poor leadership, poor management
Horrible Fitness Organization - Don't waste your time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 September 2014
Organization is poorly ran, management is uncivil, disrespectful, and rude. It starts at the top and unfortunately this company has the WRONG management in place.

Salary is below average for the industry, many employees work a second job in order to pay bills.

Culture is non existent and many employees are dissatisfied.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, poor leadership
WORST FITNESS organization out there
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 September 2014
Below average pay - not able to retain talented employees.
Treated poorly by management and not respected
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Below average pay, long hours, poor management, horrible culture
Productive and fun!
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2014
Amazing staff and great members!
Management is great
Lunch hour is fast an busy!
Fun, Active
Personal Trainer and Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 April 2014
A very friendly and active environment to work in. Fun and energetic work. However management and head office does cause certain issues. I.E Pay, Clients, Memberships etc
Pros
Build your own schedule, Interaction
Cons
Low pay. Inconsistency of client delivery.
Waste of time
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 March 2014
Do not respect staff and cannot retain talent. Long hours for low pay. Turnover is unreal. A company that needs help as their vision changes every 2-3 months.
Pros
Membership
Cons
Hours, pay, work you like a dog with no appreciation, no stability, no incentives to drive
Worst place to work at. Specially headoffice (richmond hill)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 February 2014
The staff is good and friendly however the management team in head office doesn't even know what they are doing for except for taking a big chunk of salary every 15 days and paying staff minimum hourly pay.

If you ever decide to work with Wynn Fitness remember there is no job security you will be asked to leave the premise anytime they feel like kicking you out. You are not suppose to ask questions just do what you are told to or else they will replace you. None of the management team knows what they are doing except for drinking wine everyday.

Overall worst place to work at and I personally would not recommend anyone working here.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
No overtime pay, minimum pay, and the list goes on
Great friendly workplace, good opportunity to meet new people and build relationships not only with staff, but with clients as well.
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Dundas, Mississauga19 September 2013
Working at Wynn Fitness was a great experience. On a typical day I would greet all clients, check them in and assisted them with any inquires based on their membership. I handled freezes, processed cancellations, booked appointments, updated account information and assisted management with any tasks that needed to be done for that day. All staff members were great to work with, no problems and we worked great as a team when it came to achieving quotas and executing events for staff and members. the hardest part of the job would be having to resolve problems, such as over billing or member complaints. All of which I did my best to resolve the situation to keep customer's satisfied. the most enjoyable part would have to be the members. Being able to talk to members, engaging in their day-to-day life and welcoming them into the club. Seeing a smile on their face every time they come to workout.
Pros
Free gym membership, when goals are met team gets treated to a staff lunch/dinner.
Cons
Long hours, no chance of growing within the company.