Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, Sk10 September 2015
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Dealt with a lot of laziness
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 November 2015
Enjoyable work place, nice enviroment and was able to meet plenty of new people and get to learn about different lifestyles of different types of people
Not A Fun Workplace
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 August 2013
Working at super 8 taught me alot about cleaning and hotels, but working there wasn't fun or interesting to me at all. I found co-workers were always complaining about everything they possibly could. The managers were great except the housekeeping manager, very rude and demanding. I always put my full effort into my job. I always got everything done on time no matter what but when it came to me asking for proper equipment to help me work it was always a hassle. I haven't found one person who likes there job working for this company. Also no one liked working as a team like we were supposed to. Super 8 would be such an amazing workplace if alot of people didn't bring personal problems to the workplace and if things were delt with maturity. I found that things were never handled properly. Sundays we would have a full day check out 82 rooms? we asked for one of us to be able to go around the hotel and strip the rooms so that the laundry could begin, but the only way they allowed us to do that was if we had a co-op student because they were free, then when are co-op student decided to leave they told us that if we still wanted someone to strip rooms we would have to take time out of each of our rooms with is close to 30 mins per room so add that up all day each girl and we have to pay her with our money. confusing yes. but isn't crazy?
Pros
Good long hours, friendly customers!
Cons
negativity
american airlines
front area helper (Former Employee) –  vancouver airport4 September 2012
was were i did my practicum, had to do hours to complete schooling. would love to work for them again. greatest experience i have ever experienced. would enjoy a career in the airport someday.
Pros
people, enviroment
Cons
hard to get into after schooling
needs a better management training network
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Yorkton, SK18 October 2012
provides basic services but managers do not co-operate with hospitality compliance training codes much competition and internal politics is illegal and unethical
Cons
compliance requests are ignored
horrible unenjoyable job experience
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON16 June 2014
do not work here, worst job of your life. bad management, bad pay. do not make good experiences for guests; overall hotel is in very poor shape and not well managed
Pros
working with the public
Cons
pay, management, hours
Busy, Fun & Great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, Ontario28 August 2014
Management was amazing!

Staff very friendly, tight knit.

Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
Customer service
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
I have 1 year experience in customer service canada.
I like also hotel industry job. every day new face check in and check out. every days new experience
Friendly and comfortble working enviornment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 April 2015
Usually I work during nights.

- My job responsibility is to manage all client information and stay in contact with them to manage a long term relationship for benefit of company.

- Also I have to do Auditing and Day close during nights and balance everything, after that making registration and checking in and checking out guests were my duties as front desk.

- Our manager is very nice and professional lady and I would say she manages everything really very well and she trained me personally for some of my duties.

- My co-workers are also very nice as they are team players and very supporting and helpful.

- Things I love a lot about my job are working at my own and taking my decision that helped both me and my company. They resulted in profit for my company and improved my decision making skills.

- hardest part of my jobs is that sometimes i have to deals with guest who are very rude, stubborn and talk non sense about everything but being in service industry i have to deal very politely with them and serve them as best as i can.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Risk associated with independent decision making
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 March 2013
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
your used up and tossed away
fun and enjoyable
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 November 2012
i always had fun the job that i was but we moved from hamilton that's why i left my job and now we come to hamilton soo am loooking for new job
Pros
Cons
i have no problem with long hours
pay was good but extremly unorganized
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta13 September 2012
difficult customers, and audit
meeting new people
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2014
I enjoy working here. Staff is great. Management is understanding and helps you out if you are having any issues. Hours are flexible. Great place to work even for just part time.
Fun workplace with many challenges
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 January 2013
A typical day would be started out by chatting with my staff and having an update on the happenings in the motel.
I would do the mail, enter payments on acct. receivable, verify the night audit reports, do the banking.
I would be available for my staff at any given time as I always worked with an open door policy.
People matter....guests and staff alike.
I strive to make a positive experience for all concerned.
My co-workers would say that I have an unique way of managing and make coming to work a pleasure.
Pros
monthly staff luncheons
Cons
none that i can think of
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 April 2014
learned alot, great management, gained a lot of experience from everyone
Co workers were great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2013
Good place to work,Hours were good,management was great too,meeting people
Pros
Cons
Don't have any
Fast-paced, labour intensive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON5 October 2015
The hardest part of the job was lifting out, and making the sofa beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I learned how to make hotel-grade beds, and how to fold sheets to hotel standards.
Clean and friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 January 2015
Learned a lot working here, friendly staff but lots of work and long hours.
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
Flexible workplace where you are able to enjoy a work-life balance.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville Ontario5 October 2014
I enjoy working here as it allows me to use my self-management skills.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location