Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
american airlines
front area helper (Former Employee), vancouver airportSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: people, enviroment
Cons: hard to get into after schooling
was were i did my practicum, had to do hours to complete schooling. would love to work for them again. greatest experience i have ever experienced. would enjoy a career in the airport someday.
good place to work
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: feeling good about getting a job done well
Cons: not enough hours
I have learned how to do my job the most proficient way. I enjoy working with the other members of staff.
CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Reading, MAAugust 28, 2012
As a CNA making sure all the activities for daily living are met for all my clients.
Hard working but steady hours.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2012
I liked working there because I liked the work. You know what is expected of you and you can keep busy no problem. I like that I had steady hours. The staff was nice. Hardest part would have been when there were more rooms than staff at times. Yet I still stayed and finished my work and if needed worked extra to make sure everything got done.
Production and fun
chambermaid (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 19, 2012
It is nice to come to work and see how you are appreciated for the hard work you did. The staff is fun to work with .
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 14, 2012
Very Busy

Management is great

Employees are fun to work with
Good place to work.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2012
Pros: very professional place to work, team environment.
Cons: long commute time, no chance to grow.
A comfortable place to work, friendly environment, professional, etc.
very demanding job
housekeeper (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioMarch 8, 2012
Cons: no respect
This job is no good for anyone. Very stressful, demanding, and no respect given to anyone.
Enjoyable place to work
Front Desk Clerk- Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Banning, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment- meeting new people
Cons: graveyard
A typical day at work started with getting our cash drawer and making sure we had the correct amount in it. Greet each customer as they enter. Check them into/out of their rooms. Tell them if there's anything they need call front desk from their rooms or stop by. We have a 24 hr service. Answer calls as they came in and make reservations Customers were – more... priority. The hardest part of my job was staying awake when I worked graveyard. – less
challenging
Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Xenia, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: creative controll
Cons: no benifits
many obstacles to overcome. learned too do a lot with very little
Good
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Victoria, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Good company to work for, great experience and co-workers. I like meeting people and I was able to do that here since they were new and return guest to service on daily basis.
loved working here near the ocean
Hotel Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Alpine, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: hawaii living
every day was fun and worth the time spent at work I had a blast in this environment.
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, MTSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great work environment and management
Cons: too slow during the late fall and winter months with very few hours to be had.
I enjoyed working with everyone at this job. Typical day at work was checking people in and out of the hotel and daily upkeep of the lobby and breakfast area and assisting with laundry. The hardest part of the job was during the slow season when there was not much to do and hours were cut back.
Fast pace environment with a fun and family orianted work culture.
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k with company matching, fun work environment
Cons: late work hours, stressful at times because of irate owners
Worked in a call center on a fast pace blended dialer taking inbound and making outbound collection calls. Management took extra care to make sure we were always up to date with our training and development plans. There was a wonderful work culture which kept the job fun and lively. The hardest part of the job was working with irate owners but once – more... I started utilizing my training I was able to de-escalate the situation. That turned into the most enjoyable part of the job; helping our owners. – less
Enjoyed my working with my co-workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Davenport, IASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: our managers were very understanding
Cons: health insurance could heve been better
Our managers and the co-workers were the best thing about the job. Everyone worked hard to try to please the higher ups. We not only had to make sure that our customers were happy but we also had to make sure that the restaurants had clean napkins. All of us worked together to attain that goal. We also had alot of potlucks and parties.
Fun place to work, because you came in contact with all types of people.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on rooms in the whydham family.
Cons: telling last minute guest, looking for rooms that we were sold out.
I enjoyed this job, because I helped all types of people. Whether it was giving directions, booking a reservation over the phone, Helping vacationers, or assisting guest for entertainment that weekend.
Good team of hourly employees. Outstanding view.
Front Desk (Former Employee), Stateline, NVSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great hourly crew. amazing view.
Cons: corporate has little/no regard for individual employees. stifles managers from being real managers.
Having worked in hospitality industry for 30+ yrs I was sorely disappointed in the corporate environment that permeated every hour of every day. I believe my resort manager had the best interests of her hourly employees at heart, but with point based discipline/attendance policy, standards set in what are called ROPs and DOPs (both determined by corporate) – more... the most common phrase I heard was 'my hands are tied' . The pay is minimal, and while the sales staff is able to earn extra "bonus" rewards, the front line for the resort has no such incentives, and in my case, even verbal acknowledgement of customer service comments was non-existent. Over all I believe the sales crew was/is much happier with their circumstances in this company then anyone with any real experience could possibly be in the guest service side of things. – less
Meeting people
Secretary (Former Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, flexibility with my schedule, and understandable managers
Cons: the hours
A typical day would start off by counting the drawer. We would have to make sure the drawer was at $300.00 unless it was a busy day then the drawer might have $500.00. Next we would do our call around which is just calling the other hotels to see how many avaliabilities they have. Afterwards we would print off our emergency reports just in case. Then – more... you would answer phone calls, sort out your paper work by VI, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Cash, or Check.
I learned how to speak with customers, how to resolve issues, how to communicate with co-workers, how to fix credit card errors, etc.
The managers were nice and fair to everybody including customers.
My co-workers were very fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all around the world. – less
nice place to work,very good manager
Breakfast Person & Landry (Former Employee), Pleasantville, NJSeptember 10, 2014
The staff is very friendly and goes out of they're way to help you.
100 paxx service for the last cocktail party at Wyndham on 9/09/14
o Commi chef hot side at breakfast and lunch (Current Employee), nadi denerau fijiSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free non alcoholic drinks
Cons: short breaks
the service was very good because of the teamwork
enjoyable part-service was done according to time and guests enjoyed the meal
management-very co operative
i learned the different techniques of service such as the timing of sending food out of the kitchen

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos