Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 11, 2014
learned alot, great management, gained a lot of experience from everyone
ok place to work
Maintenance Manager Best western &Ramada Inn (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 14, 2015
Too many chiefs , and communication problems , also uplink is not considered. Could be more productive , too much time wasted ..
Pros
friendly amostphere
Cons
unorganized in some departments
Co workers were great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2013
Good place to work,Hours were good,management was great too,meeting people
Pros
good place to work
Cons
don't have any
learned new things
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABNovember 7, 2013
learned how to deal with multi cultured people and language barrier
Pros
long hrs. pay was ok
Cons
language barriers
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2014
customer service and front desk work
nice co-workers
good management system
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 14, 2012
Very Busy

Management is great

Employees are fun to work with
Dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 10, 2013
My typical day at work is Wash all the dishes, Keep my Area clean, whenever it gets busy I have too help the chef to prep cook salads and bring food from the freezer that the chef needs.
The hardest part was to when it get really busy and you have to work under a fast pace. The most Enjoyable was to Bring the Food from the freezer, because its really hot in the kitchen and I get to cool off when I bring the food for Chef.
Pros
good hours, fun place to work at
Cons
too far to drive from my house
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Prodcuctive
Maid (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 8, 2012
very organized. management was fair. the staff made my time there enjoyable.
very good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2015
I worked there full time and part time .It was very good to work there and improved my skills and knowledge of housekeeping.
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Pros
extensive knowledge about different softwares
Boring, under paid job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONSeptember 15, 2012
The owners live there with there children, the little kids come out bother you well your trying to work, they yell at each other a lot. Break time is the time that your not doing laundry or desk duties. You have to ask for your work schedule although they will change it last minute threw out the week anyways and tell you that its changed they never ask because their life matters they act as though you don't have one. I got yelled at once for telling them I couldn't work the Monday coming up due to a out of town doctors appointment, I was yelled at for not telling them sooner even though I'd told them four days before and they hadn't giving me a schedule to work around for making the appointment, they wouldn't give me it off and made me work until the last possible minute that I could leave to be on time assuming traffic was perfect, I was 20 minutes late to the appointment. I was told I would have every third weekend off been working there four months and haven't had any even after asking, Ive had them tell me after showing up for a shift that they decided to go to Niagara falls to marine land for the day so they tell you instead of 11pm (when i should be off) your going to have to work until two am, you cant argue this cause there is no one else there and there already gone. the other desk girl that we had they had issues with so rather then confronting her them self's they would complain to me and ask me to deal with it, they are the owners and management, I am a min wage desk clerk so this isn't my job to deal with those problems me and this girl were of equal level authority  more... and shed worked there longer.  less
Pros
no pros.
Cons
min wage, terrable hours/ managment
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg ManitobaApril 9, 2013
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service to each and every one.
Pros
discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Attivita is an office work. I am working directly to the President of the company. I learned so much about office industry especially dealing with different types of people. You will learn to negotiate and interact as well. My co-workers are cooperative in same manner.

I've learned some accounting in this field. Going out of town places is such an enjoyable part of being a secretary.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no time limits
Fun workplace and efficient
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo BCJanuary 27, 2014
My typical day at work would be of course cleaning, my coworkers are cool with no drama and very business minded. The hardest part of my job is cleaning on a crazy day(example when a lot of sick patients are arriving back to back),and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I accomplished cleaning my rooms on time.
Pros
you are on your own getting things done
Cons
the serverity of uncleanliness sometimes
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABJanuary 2, 2013
It was a very energetic, fast paced workplace. Some of my co-workers were very nice to work with, while others were not.
Pros
i learned how to do front desk work, doing breakfasts for customers, getting paid weekly, customer relations.
Cons
cleaning very dirty rooms, cleaning the pool, cleaning the weight room, going behind other housekeepers to make sure they were doing their jobs.
Hard working but steady hours.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2012
I liked working there because I liked the work. You know what is expected of you and you can keep busy no problem. I like that I had steady hours. The staff was nice. Hardest part would have been when there were more rooms than staff at times. Yet I still stayed and finished my work and if needed worked extra to make sure everything got done.
Example
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 18, 2013
I Love to work with with all people,Love to see them get ahead,it makes my day just to see a smile on their face,One of the best days of my life Was when I became A Maintenance Supervisor and Forman,And then started to sell my Paintings.
Meeting new people
EXECUTIVE MEETINGS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 1, 2014
The typical day at work would be answering phones and booking the customer a meeting room or booking their wedding as well doing the same with emails. Having meetings every morning to let the managers know what is going on for the day/week and making sure that the customers were happy.
Pros
getting to meeting new people
great experience
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONAugust 8, 2014
As a night auditor I mostly worked alone. I booked guest into the hotel, made sure their stay was pleasant and did the shift end report. I had a great experience working for the super 8 and obtained lots of knowledge around being a night auditor.
Pros
great working enviroment

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location