Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

learning experience.met lot of people
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 April 2014
It being the biggest super market in town. It is always busy which keeps us alert and is a great place to work.

I learned how to interact with customers specially keeping in mind their needs

great management and family friendly atmosphere
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
always busy
fun and enjoyable
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 November 2012
i always had fun the job that i was but we moved from hamilton that's why i left my job and now we come to hamilton soo am loooking for new job
Pros
Cons
i have no problem with long hours
Dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 January 2013
My typical day at work is Wash all the dishes, Keep my Area clean, whenever it gets busy I have too help the chef to prep cook salads and bring food from the freezer that the chef needs.
The hardest part was to when it get really busy and you have to work under a fast pace. The most Enjoyable was to Bring the Food from the freezer, because its really hot in the kitchen and I get to cool off when I bring the food for Chef.
Pros
good hours, fun place to work at
Cons
too far to drive from my house
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  NIAGARA FALLS24 April 2015
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
SHORTAGE OF STAFF
american airlines
front area helper (Former Employee) –  vancouver airport4 September 2012
was were i did my practicum, had to do hours to complete schooling. would love to work for them again. greatest experience i have ever experienced. would enjoy a career in the airport someday.
Pros
people, enviroment
Cons
hard to get into after schooling
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS23 January 2013
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Pros
extensive knowledge about different softwares
horrible unenjoyable job experience
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON16 June 2014
do not work here, worst job of your life. bad management, bad pay. do not make good experiences for guests; overall hotel is in very poor shape and not well managed
Pros
working with the public
Cons
pay, management, hours
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2013
Attivita is an office work. I am working directly to the President of the company. I learned so much about office industry especially dealing with different types of people. You will learn to negotiate and interact as well. My co-workers are cooperative in same manner.

I've learned some accounting in this field. Going out of town places is such an enjoyable part of being a secretary.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no time limits
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 March 2013
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
your used up and tossed away
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba9 April 2013
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service to each and every one.
Pros
discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace and efficient
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo BC27 January 2014
My typical day at work would be of course cleaning, my coworkers are cool with no drama and very business minded. The hardest part of my job is cleaning on a crazy day(example when a lot of sick patients are arriving back to back),and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I accomplished cleaning my rooms on time.
Pros
You are on your own getting things done
Cons
The serverity of uncleanliness sometimes
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB2 January 2013
It was a very energetic, fast paced workplace. Some of my co-workers were very nice to work with, while others were not.
Pros
i learned how to do front desk work, doing breakfasts for customers, getting paid weekly, customer relations.
Cons
cleaning very dirty rooms, cleaning the pool, cleaning the weight room, going behind other housekeepers to make sure they were doing their jobs.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK30 March 2015
the typical day at work can vary day to day, just like it can job to job. my last job my typical day would have been making beds cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming and light dusting
Pros
work at your own speed
Cons
no having anyone there to help you when you need it
Hard working but steady hours.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2012
I liked working there because I liked the work. You know what is expected of you and you can keep busy no problem. I like that I had steady hours. The staff was nice. Hardest part would have been when there were more rooms than staff at times. Yet I still stayed and finished my work and if needed worked extra to make sure everything got done.
Busy, Fun & Great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, Ontario28 August 2014
Management was amazing!

Staff very friendly, tight knit.

Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2014
I enjoy working here. Staff is great. Management is understanding and helps you out if you are having any issues. Hours are flexible. Great place to work even for just part time.
ok place to work
Maintenance Manager Best western &Ramada Inn (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB14 March 2015
Too many chiefs , and communication problems , also uplink is not considered. Could be more productive , too much time wasted ..
Pros
friendly amostphere
Cons
unorganized in some departments
needs a better management training network
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Yorkton, SK18 October 2012
provides basic services but managers do not co-operate with hospitality compliance training codes much competition and internal politics is illegal and unethical
Cons
compliance requests are ignored
pay was good but extremly unorganized
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer Alberta13 September 2012