Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
unforgettable experience
Serveuse (Former Employee), Timmins OnApril 10, 2013
Pros: the customers i served
Cons: the lack of apriciation for the workers / favoritism
learning and typical day at work :

serving drinks and meals
taking orders
dishes
cleaning tables
cleaning meeting rooms
working at the cash

management:

they plaid favoritism with the workers part of there family worked and where given more then the others

co-workers:

the cooks where polite and fun to work with the other servers some where fun to work with and others just went on smoke breaks and let you alone to work

the hardest part of the job :

was to keep working and doing everything to help out and get nothing back from the others

the most enjoyable part of the job:

the miners and the other costumers we had a contract to serve and learning new things every day
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaApril 9, 2013
Pros: discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service to each and every one.
all was good until management change
Sous Chef (Former Employee), aurora,ONMarch 26, 2013
i learned a lot from the old chef, cooking different styles and food creations.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
The hardest part was that they call in at random times and I have to be there,but other than that it wasn't so bad. A typical day at work would be going in and washing the bathroom and cleaning bedrooms and such, and sometimes the rooms would be really bad especially the bathrooms.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
Nice place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Truro, NSMarch 25, 2013
Great people. The work atmosphere was friendly. I enjoyed the late nights.
Was a okay job
Breakfast Room Attendant (Former Employee), Hinton, ABMarch 17, 2013
This job was lonely since it was early morning and you were alone
Just started at the job
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2013
Same as my previous job, just on a different location.

Checking in/out guests, answering phones, dealing with guests' requests/concerns/complaints
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 8, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: your used up and tossed away
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Productive and fun place
Head Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2013
The customers were great, they always greeted with friendly smiles. The management was great, they helped you out when you needed anything like a day off. They understood when I had school work to complete so they allowed some time off, very understanding.
The hardest job was keeping up with the many checkin's happening and making sure they are satisfied with their stay.
Most enjoyable was the people who worked with me, the housekeepers were amazing and the managers were more than anyone could ever ask for.
Excellent Empolyer
Customer Service Representative/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 21, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Travelodge. I felt like our team of staff was more like family to me.
housekeeping
House keeping (Former Employee), kenora, onFebruary 14, 2013
I didn't like the job cause i felt like i wasn't wanted. it was ok at first but it's hard work
Supportive Management
Guest Services Agent - Front Desk Department (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch or dinner
Cons: low pay
I learned how to deal with guests patiently. It increases my self confidence and able to work with other nationalities. My co-workers are very friendly, supportive and helpful in any ways. Our management helped us to be permanent reisdence in Canada. We owe them a lot, they changed our lives. The hardest part of my job is standing for the whole 8 hours shift or longer if needed. Enjoyable is I love the management and our immediate supervisors.
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time limits
Attivita is an office work. I am working directly to the President of the company. I learned so much about office industry especially dealing with different types of people. You will learn to negotiate and interact as well. My co-workers are cooperative in same manner.

I've learned some accounting in this field. Going out of town places is such an enjoyable part of being a secretary.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: family run business
I would scan,fa, email, make reservations, book rooms, do check in and check outs, flod laundry, set up breakfast if on midnight shift.
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee), Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: extensive knowledge about different softwares
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Fun workplace with many challenges
General Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: monthly staff luncheons
Cons: none that i can think of
A typical day would be started out by chatting with my staff and having an update on the happenings in the motel.
I would do the mail, enter payments on acct. receivable, verify the night audit reports, do the banking.
I would be available for my staff at any given time as I always worked with an open door policy.
People matter....guests and staff alike.
I strive to make a positive experience for all concerned.
My co-workers would say that I have an unique way of managing and make coming to work a pleasure.
Good atmosphere of co workers
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: got to hold the olympic torch that came through owen sound, as we served breakfast for the event
Cons: work hours depend on how many banquets booked
Every changing of events to be catered to which I really enjoyed....
Dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good hours, fun place to work at
Cons: too far to drive from my house
My typical day at work is Wash all the dishes, Keep my Area clean, whenever it gets busy I have too help the chef to prep cook salads and bring food from the freezer that the chef needs.
The hardest part was to when it get really busy and you have to work under a fast pace. The most Enjoyable was to Bring the Food from the freezer, because its really hot in the kitchen and I get to cool off when I bring the food for Chef.
learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Golden, BCJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great jobs
Cons: not where i wanted to be, i want to be in camp
all my jobs in my life have been very busy, lots of hours, met many great people..

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos