Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Maintenance Manager Best western &Ramada Inn (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB14 March 2015
Too many chiefs , and communication problems , also uplink is not considered. Could be more productive , too much time wasted ..
Pros
friendly amostphere
Cons
unorganized in some departments
I like the job but not much advacement that can come
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON2 March 2015
Sooo far I been working at the Super 8. And I been enjoying working there but working in Maintenance sometimes it feels like trying to get equipment replace and/or upgraded is like pulling teeth. but the first week on the job I found I was getting equipment from my car to do repairs or buying tools (from my own pocket) to do repairs.

But other then that I enjoy working with the other staff. The job is really good in the sense that they been flexible with my schedule for when I need days off. Also job is more work at your own pace as long as the work is getting done and you have your cell phone on to get any emergency repairs, as well to work closely with the other staff to see if any thing need attending right away.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Budget to work with
Good position to work your way up in.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 February 2015
As a Guest Service Agent, I have eight hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks as well as an unpaid half hour lunch. I stand for a vast majority of my shift and am the front line of the hotel. I process all guest check-ins and check-outs as well as answer phones, direct traffic, maintain the front desk and lobby as well as direct incoming calls to other departments and answer radio calls. Management is appreciate of their staff and have proven that with hard work it is easy to advance to upper level position both inside and outside your department. It does get very stressful during peak seasons if there are not enough employees to handle the amount of traffic, but generally there is enough work to keep you busy, but enough you are going full tilt for eight hours. The Ramada Plaza is a well maintained mid-sized hotel and the staff care dearly about the customers, so I never feel like I am encourage to neglect anyone. I really enjoyed my experience working for this independent location.
Pros
Food services, able to advance, caring management
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, can be stressful
Clean and friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 January 2015
Learned a lot working here, friendly staff but lots of work and long hours.
ok
HouseKeeper (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK31 December 2014
This place was ok to work at. The best part was going home early the worst was the jacuzzi room
I would work there again
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC6 December 2014
Very well run business. Family welcome. I enjoyed the guest interactions and the casual atmosphere. The Owners take great pride in their business and accommodate staff as best as possible.
hotel housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB29 November 2014
hi good day i work as housekeeper I learned a lot of thing fixing beds, how to clean properly. the management is good and nice, and also my co worker, the hardest part is carrying bed sheet and we need to move fast but i handle it. the most enjoyable part of the job is I meet different people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heavy work
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 November 2014
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment.
Pros
full time pay my bills
Cons
not enough hour of work
The Most Enjoyable part of the Job
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Calgary7 November 2014
Having a hospitality background, customer service and guest satisfaction is what I like about my job.
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Productive Night Shifts on the Frontline and Banquet Kitchen
3rd Line Cook/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2014
A typical Day at work starts off by sanitation and making sure all tools and equipment are sharpened, clean and safe to use.
I prepare the Frontline setup which consists of filling up all the ingredient inserts and fridges. I check if everything is fresh and usable for the next 3 days coming. Once the rush starts, I help out my other coworkers with orders as well as room services.

I learned to deal with the stress, and long hours that some restaurants and hotels offer. I learned to take my time and do what is asked the right way/the way the chef wants it without cutting corners.

The hardest part of my job would be the plated banquets. ( lots of dishes prepared at the same time can cause confusion and/or a mix-up of ingredients.)

The enjoyable part of my job would be the amount of respect and care all of the employees ( Chefs, other Cooks, Porters, Staff) have for each other. There's barely any negativity in the kitchen which is key in some places.
Pros
One free meal every Shift.
Cons
It's a hotel restaurant so business in the dinning room is a hit and miss.
Flexible workplace where you are able to enjoy a work-life balance.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville Ontario5 October 2014
I enjoy working here as it allows me to use my self-management skills.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 September 2014
 Interacted with the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner.
 Checked and tallied accounts of all departments in the hotel.
 Handled cash transactions and produce a timely report.
 Maintained a daily balance of the transactions, reconciliation and final reports and forward the same to accounting centers.
 Balanced and tallied cash in hand against invoices.
 Reconciled the cashier’s report.
 Processed the journal entries, balanced the accounts and audited the same to check for accuracy.
 Completed the audit summary for all the shifts keeping policies and procedures into consideration.
 Helped in booking room reservation, answering phone calls, taking messages for guests and notified them about the same.
 Ensured that necessary desk information was submitted to shift manager.
fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 September 2014
fun place to work. able to meet lotsof people from different walks of life. great management and co-workers.
Pros
free use of pool and gym during my tenure.
Cons
no benifits.
summer job
Room Attendant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB17 September 2014
It is a fast paced good work environment with a ton of perks. It was a good summer job.
Fun loving, Values every employee and Guest
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 September 2014
Amazing work environment with the friendliest of staff who work hard to make people happy. It is very rewarding to work for this company. You will get to know many different people while working here. You will better yourself in computer skills and communication skills. Everyday is different, which makes it exciting.
Busy, Fun & Great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, Ontario28 August 2014
Management was amazing!

Staff very friendly, tight knit.

Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
great experience
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 August 2014
As a night auditor I mostly worked alone. I booked guest into the hotel, made sure their stay was pleasant and did the shift end report. I had a great experience working for the super 8 and obtained lots of knowledge around being a night auditor.
Pros
great working enviroment
Professional work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2014
Ensured all Rooms status when i start the work everyday. Also checked all log books, Cash Handling Procedure and check outs and reservations of the day.

Learned to work in a professional environment.

Co-workers were helpful

Management was Great.

When there is no entry of any guest request in the log book and guest get upset with service was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Free Car wash coupons
grate experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2014
while working at the travelodge i made some grate friends and had an amazing experience working there. the environment was grate and the learning curve/ training was grate the workers are very dedicated and patient with one another.