Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

very good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2015
I worked there full time and part time .It was very good to work there and improved my skills and knowledge of housekeeping.
Fun and socializing work place to meet and communicate with customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 9, 2014
Its a fun and happening place to work here. We meet and communicate with customers on daily bases and talk about random stuff which always enhances knowledge and information about the surrounding cities, highways, weather and small communities.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
Excellent intro to the world of tourism
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBMay 12, 2014
I loved everything about this job. It began my love for tourism and the nature of such jobs. Management and co-workers alike we fantastic. They provided support, education and unlimited understanding. I appreciated the trust they had in their employers to complete the jobs of any given day. It was just a really great place, assuming you accomplished the tasks that were expected of you.
Fun workplace with many challenges
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2013
A typical day would be started out by chatting with my staff and having an update on the happenings in the motel.
I would do the mail, enter payments on acct. receivable, verify the night audit reports, do the banking.
I would be available for my staff at any given time as I always worked with an open door policy.
People matter....guests and staff alike.
I strive to make a positive experience for all concerned.
My co-workers would say that I have an unique way of managing and make coming to work a pleasure.
Pros
monthly staff luncheons
Cons
none that i can think of
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Not A Fun Workplace
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 20, 2013
Working at super 8 taught me alot about cleaning and hotels, but working there wasn't fun or interesting to me at all. I found co-workers were always complaining about everything they possibly could. The managers were great except the housekeeping manager, very rude and demanding. I always put my full effort into my job. I always got everything done on time no matter what but when it came to me asking for proper equipment to help me work it was always a hassle. I haven't found one person who likes there job working for this company. Also no one liked working as a team like we were supposed to. Super 8 would be such an amazing workplace if alot of people didn't bring personal problems to the workplace and if things were delt with maturity. I found that things were never handled properly. Sundays we would have a full day check out 82 rooms? we asked for one of us to be able to go around the hotel and strip the rooms so that the laundry could begin, but the only way they allowed us to do that was if we had a co-op student because they were free, then when are co-op student decided to leave they told us that if we still wanted someone to strip rooms we would have to take time out of each of our rooms with is close to 30 mins per room so add that up all day each girl and we have to pay her with our money. confusing yes. but isn't crazy?
Pros
good long hours, friendly customers!
Cons
negativity
learning experience.met lot of people
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 8, 2014
It being the biggest super market in town. It is always busy which keeps us alert and is a great place to work.

I learned how to interact with customers specially keeping in mind their needs

great management and family friendly atmosphere
Pros
discount on items
Cons
always busy
horrible unenjoyable job experience
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 16, 2014
do not work here, worst job of your life. bad management, bad pay. do not make good experiences for guests; overall hotel is in very poor shape and not well managed
Pros
working with the public
Cons
pay, management, hours
fun and enjoyable
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2012
i always had fun the job that i was but we moved from hamilton that's why i left my job and now we come to hamilton soo am loooking for new job
Pros
Cons
i have no problem with long hours
Dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 10, 2013
My typical day at work is Wash all the dishes, Keep my Area clean, whenever it gets busy I have too help the chef to prep cook salads and bring food from the freezer that the chef needs.
The hardest part was to when it get really busy and you have to work under a fast pace. The most Enjoyable was to Bring the Food from the freezer, because its really hot in the kitchen and I get to cool off when I bring the food for Chef.
Pros
good hours, fun place to work at
Cons
too far to drive from my house
Flexible workplace where you are able to enjoy a work-life balance.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville OntarioOctober 5, 2014
I enjoy working here as it allows me to use my self-management skills.
Busy, Fun & Great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, OntarioAugust 28, 2014
Management was amazing!

Staff very friendly, tight knit.

Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
american airlines
front area helper (Former Employee) –  vancouver airportSeptember 4, 2012
was were i did my practicum, had to do hours to complete schooling. would love to work for them again. greatest experience i have ever experienced. would enjoy a career in the airport someday.
Pros
people, enviroment
Cons
hard to get into after schooling
I would work there again
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCDecember 6, 2014
Very well run business. Family welcome. I enjoyed the guest interactions and the casual atmosphere. The Owners take great pride in their business and accommodate staff as best as possible.
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Pros
extensive knowledge about different softwares
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 8, 2013
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
your used up and tossed away
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg ManitobaApril 9, 2013
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service to each and every one.
Pros
discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Attivita is an office work. I am working directly to the President of the company. I learned so much about office industry especially dealing with different types of people. You will learn to negotiate and interact as well. My co-workers are cooperative in same manner.

I've learned some accounting in this field. Going out of town places is such an enjoyable part of being a secretary.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no time limits
Fun workplace and efficient
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo BCJanuary 27, 2014
My typical day at work would be of course cleaning, my coworkers are cool with no drama and very business minded. The hardest part of my job is cleaning on a crazy day(example when a lot of sick patients are arriving back to back),and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I accomplished cleaning my rooms on time.
Pros
you are on your own getting things done
Cons
the serverity of uncleanliness sometimes
ok
HouseKeeper (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKDecember 31, 2014
This place was ok to work at. The best part was going home early the worst was the jacuzzi room