Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 September 2014
fun place to work. able to meet lotsof people from different walks of life. great management and co-workers.
Pros
free use of pool and gym during my tenure.
Cons
no benifits.
fun and helpful but the pay is under for the hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS19 February 2016
I enjoy the busy work environment the employees are great and the bosses are amazing always open and make you feel important and heard. i love my job but it dosnt stay steady for a single mother to live on so im looking for steady work.
Productive Night Shifts on the Frontline and Banquet Kitchen
3rd Line Cook/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON14 October 2014
A typical Day at work starts off by sanitation and making sure all tools and equipment are sharpened, clean and safe to use.
I prepare the Frontline setup which consists of filling up all the ingredient inserts and fridges. I check if everything is fresh and usable for the next 3 days coming. Once the rush starts, I help out my other coworkers with orders as well as room services.

I learned to deal with the stress, and long hours that some restaurants and hotels offer. I learned to take my time and do what is asked the right way/the way the chef wants it without cutting corners.

The hardest part of my job would be the plated banquets. ( lots of dishes prepared at the same time can cause confusion and/or a mix-up of ingredients.)

The enjoyable part of my job would be the amount of respect and care all of the employees ( Chefs, other Cooks, Porters, Staff) have for each other. There's barely any negativity in the kitchen which is key in some places.
Pros
One free meal every Shift.
Cons
It's a hotel restaurant so business in the dinning room is a hit and miss.
Good position to work your way up in.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 February 2015
As a Guest Service Agent, I have eight hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks as well as an unpaid half hour lunch. I stand for a vast majority of my shift and am the front line of the hotel. I process all guest check-ins and check-outs as well as answer phones, direct traffic, maintain the front desk and lobby as well as direct incoming calls to other departments and answer radio calls. Management is appreciate of their staff and have proven that with hard work it is easy to advance to upper level position both inside and outside your department. It does get very stressful during peak seasons if there are not enough employees to handle the amount of traffic, but generally there is enough work to keep you busy, but enough you are going full tilt for eight hours. The Ramada Plaza is a well maintained mid-sized hotel and the staff care dearly about the customers, so I never feel like I am encourage to neglect anyone. I really enjoyed my experience working for this independent location.
Pros
Food services, able to advance, caring management
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, can be stressful
It helps me a lot while working in this hotel.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 February 2016
It helps me to handle customers/guests in a professional and helpful manner. Manage the registration process, handles guest check-in and check-outs appropriately for the hotel and maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality.
fun place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 November 2015
colleagues and management is cooperative and supportive.
good location of hotel in Niagara falls but business gets slow down in winters.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
NA
Supportive Management
Guest Services Agent - Front Desk Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2013
I learned how to deal with guests patiently. It increases my self confidence and able to work with other nationalities. My co-workers are very friendly, supportive and helpful in any ways. Our management helped us to be permanent reisdence in Canada. We owe them a lot, they changed our lives. The hardest part of my job is standing for the whole 8 hours shift or longer if needed. Enjoyable is I love the management and our immediate supervisors.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
low pay
Fun place to get away and make new friends from all over the wold
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB20 January 2014
Some days are long but fun. A little repetitive but different guests everyday.
Learned a lot about time management, and about cleaning effectively.
All co-workers re amazing people from all over the world with different experiences.
Keeping to a strict time frame when its busy was difficult.
The people you work with are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
cheap staff accomodation
Cons
quiet seson = less money
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on9 October 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Excellent intro to the world of tourism
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB12 May 2014
I loved everything about this job. It began my love for tourism and the nature of such jobs. Management and co-workers alike we fantastic. They provided support, education and unlimited understanding. I appreciated the trust they had in their employers to complete the jobs of any given day. It was just a really great place, assuming you accomplished the tasks that were expected of you.
productive clean good benifits and salary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC14 September 2012
making sure all your rooms are clean , co-workers are great most of the time we work as a team. hardest part of the job is,there is no hardest part of the job.love to assist the visitors when needed is the most enjoyable part of my job and making sure my job is done.
Pros
enjoy meeting people from other countries and happy to assist them with thier needs
Review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON11 February 2016
I would check guests in and out. Handle any concerns. Do the night audit. Set up the coffee counter. Do light housekeeping chores. I loved working in the public with the people.
Pros
working with people
Cons
only part time hours
Professional work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2014
Ensured all Rooms status when i start the work everyday. Also checked all log books, Cash Handling Procedure and check outs and reservations of the day.

Learned to work in a professional environment.

Co-workers were helpful

Management was Great.

When there is no entry of any guest request in the log book and guest get upset with service was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Free Car wash coupons
learning experience.met lot of people
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 April 2014
It being the biggest super market in town. It is always busy which keeps us alert and is a great place to work.

I learned how to interact with customers specially keeping in mind their needs

great management and family friendly atmosphere
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
always busy
Great Place
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2016
Was a good place to work and develop my skills as a supervisor, strong communication between departments. Enjoyed my time here and only left because I was moving cities.
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 August 2015
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncaring Upper Management.
It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 February 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dieppe5 August 2015
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
Pros
activities
Cons
over worked
Fun loving, Values every employee and Guest
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 September 2014
Amazing work environment with the friendliest of staff who work hard to make people happy. It is very rewarding to work for this company. You will get to know many different people while working here. You will better yourself in computer skills and communication skills. Everyday is different, which makes it exciting.
great place to work
Front Desk manager Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB6 July 2015
very fast paced environment, learning new things everyday, went from housekeeping supervisor to manager within 6 months. great opportunitys
Pros
busy never bored
Cons
long hours up to 24hrs at a time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location