Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,556 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
all was good until management change
Sous Chef (Former Employee), aurora,ONMarch 26, 2013
i learned a lot from the old chef, cooking different styles and food creations.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
The hardest part was that they call in at random times and I have to be there,but other than that it wasn't so bad. A typical day at work would be going in and washing the bathroom and cleaning bedrooms and such, and sometimes the rooms would be really bad especially the bathrooms.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
Nice place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Truro, NSMarch 25, 2013
Great people. The work atmosphere was friendly. I enjoyed the late nights.
Was a okay job
Breakfast Room Attendant (Former Employee), Hinton, ABMarch 17, 2013
This job was lonely since it was early morning and you were alone
Just started at the job
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2013
Same as my previous job, just on a different location.

Checking in/out guests, answering phones, dealing with guests' requests/concerns/complaints
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 8, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: your used up and tossed away
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Productive and fun place
Head Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2013
The customers were great, they always greeted with friendly smiles. The management was great, they helped you out when you needed anything like a day off. They understood when I had school work to complete so they allowed some time off, very understanding.
The hardest job was keeping up with the many checkin's happening and making sure they are satisfied – more... with their stay.
Most enjoyable was the people who worked with me, the housekeepers were amazing and the managers were more than anyone could ever ask for. – less
Excellent Empolyer
Customer Service Representative/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 21, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Travelodge. I felt like our team of staff was more like family to me.
housekeeping
House keeping (Former Employee), kenora, onFebruary 14, 2013
I didn't like the job cause i felt like i wasn't wanted. it was ok at first but it's hard work
Supportive Management
Guest Services Agent - Front Desk Department (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch or dinner
Cons: low pay
I learned how to deal with guests patiently. It increases my self confidence and able to work with other nationalities. My co-workers are very friendly, supportive and helpful in any ways. Our management helped us to be permanent reisdence in Canada. We owe them a lot, they changed our lives. The hardest part of my job is standing for the whole 8 hours – more... shift or longer if needed. Enjoyable is I love the management and our immediate supervisors. – less
Fun Workplace
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time limits
Attivita is an office work. I am working directly to the President of the company. I learned so much about office industry especially dealing with different types of people. You will learn to negotiate and interact as well. My co-workers are cooperative in same manner.

I've learned some accounting in this field. Going out of town places is such an – more... enjoyable part of being a secretary. – less
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: family run business
I would scan,fa, email, make reservations, book rooms, do check in and check outs, flod laundry, set up breakfast if on midnight shift.
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee), Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: extensive knowledge about different softwares
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Fun workplace with many challenges
General Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: monthly staff luncheons
Cons: none that i can think of
A typical day would be started out by chatting with my staff and having an update on the happenings in the motel.
I would do the mail, enter payments on acct. receivable, verify the night audit reports, do the banking.
I would be available for my staff at any given time as I always worked with an open door policy.
People matter....guests and staff alike.
I – more... strive to make a positive experience for all concerned.
My co-workers would say that I have an unique way of managing and make coming to work a pleasure. – less
Good atmosphere of co workers
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: got to hold the olympic torch that came through owen sound, as we served breakfast for the event
Cons: work hours depend on how many banquets booked
Every changing of events to be catered to which I really enjoyed....
Dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good hours, fun place to work at
Cons: too far to drive from my house
My typical day at work is Wash all the dishes, Keep my Area clean, whenever it gets busy I have too help the chef to prep cook salads and bring food from the freezer that the chef needs.
The hardest part was to when it get really busy and you have to work under a fast pace. The most Enjoyable was to Bring the Food from the freezer, because its really – more... hot in the kitchen and I get to cool off when I bring the food for Chef. – less
learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Golden, BCJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great jobs
Cons: not where i wanted to be, i want to be in camp
all my jobs in my life have been very busy, lots of hours, met many great people..
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: i learned how to do front desk work, doing breakfasts for customers, getting paid weekly, customer relations.
Cons: cleaning very dirty rooms, cleaning the pool, cleaning the weight room, going behind other housekeepers to make sure they were doing their jobs.
It was a very energetic, fast paced workplace. Some of my co-workers were very nice to work with, while others were not.
Great place to work.
ASSISTANT HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), Niagara FallsNovember 29, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: long days
Typical day is long and hard on your body. Learned a great deal about working with the public. Management is good if you work hard for them. Co-workers are great.

The hardest part of the job is the physical labour. Most enjoyable is relaxing at lunch and sharing stories.

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos