Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on9 October 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Bowling and Bingo
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2015
The management is really nice coordination and communication for the staff. My co-workers is friendly and helping each other with a team work and I enjoyed my self to work different race and I also some learned about the culture and some techniques in work place. And I really appreciate all of them. And one more thing is respect to your co-workers and love your job!!!

The most enjoyable in my job is a lot of fun just like during summer we have the barbe-Q party,christmas party theres a lot of give aways,during rodeo all staff have wearing uniform and also the hallowen party!!! Itssss fun fun fun!!!
Pros
free breakfast
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  kelowna BC7 October 2015
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Pros
great managment
Cons
i dont have any
Fast-paced, labour intensive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON5 October 2015
The hardest part of the job was lifting out, and making the sofa beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I learned how to make hotel-grade beds, and how to fold sheets to hotel standards.
SUPER 8 WINNIPEG - NO GOOD
Hotel Night Auditor/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2015
GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL .Workplace discipline is VERY LOW . Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude.
Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, Sk10 September 2015
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Dealt with a lot of laziness
banquets serving and front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 September 2015
i really enjoyed working at the coast hotel this is when i started to realize i was into office administrator and book keeping and planning events . i worked 6 months in banquet serving for them and i got to learn all types of cool things when it came to booking weddings and meetings and how to decorate the place how to set up and train people on what to do they liked how well i worked that they offered me the position at front desk to help out which i really enjoyed as well
Pros
was cool to see all the different types of weddings and working with amazing staff
Cons
very long hours
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 August 2015
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncaring Upper Management.
Standard experience restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 August 2015
Long hours make for a dreary day. Very little support from management with little to no room to grow. Very demoralizing environment.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, no raises, no scheduling consistency
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dieppe5 August 2015
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
Pros
activities
Cons
over worked
great place to work
Front Desk manager Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB6 July 2015
very fast paced environment, learning new things everyday, went from housekeeping supervisor to manager within 6 months. great opportunitys
Pros
busy never bored
Cons
long hours up to 24hrs at a time
productive and a fun place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 June 2015
clean the pool and do tests for the chlorine
how to work alone and with others
everyone was awesome to work with and very friendly
best people to work with
coming back after lunch after a good meal
getting those hours in after a long hard day of work
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad days to work
Friendly Atmosphere
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2015
I have enjoyed working here, learning the various reservation programs, among other things. Management is great to work with, co-workers are easy to get along with. Only left to find better wages and daytime hours so that I can afford to have my boys visit more regularly from out of province. Hardest part of the job is when something breaks down or a guest has a major issue with something within the room whether cleanliness, equipment failure or something else. Most enjoyable aspect is meeting new people, and learning new things.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Co-workers late, equipment failure and major guest issues.
Productive and fun workplace with snmiling co workers
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 May 2015
Typical day at work would be checks in and checks out gues,.answers inquiries and handles complaints ,interacts with
different kinds of people.
Cons
Long Hours
Lovely management
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB18 May 2015
Main duties cleaning rooms and re stocking them. Great people to work for. Hard work quite physically demanding but good team.
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  NIAGARA FALLS24 April 2015
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
SHORTAGE OF STAFF
Friendly and comfortble working enviornment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 April 2015
Usually I work during nights.

- My job responsibility is to manage all client information and stay in contact with them to manage a long term relationship for benefit of company.

- Also I have to do Auditing and Day close during nights and balance everything, after that making registration and checking in and checking out guests were my duties as front desk.

- Our manager is very nice and professional lady and I would say she manages everything really very well and she trained me personally for some of my duties.

- My co-workers are also very nice as they are team players and very supporting and helpful.

- Things I love a lot about my job are working at my own and taking my decision that helped both me and my company. They resulted in profit for my company and improved my decision making skills.

- hardest part of my jobs is that sometimes i have to deals with guest who are very rude, stubborn and talk non sense about everything but being in service industry i have to deal very politely with them and serve them as best as i can.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Risk associated with independent decision making
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK30 March 2015
the typical day at work can vary day to day, just like it can job to job. my last job my typical day would have been making beds cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming and light dusting
Pros
work at your own speed
Cons
no having anyone there to help you when you need it
very good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 March 2015
I worked there full time and part time .It was very good to work there and improved my skills and knowledge of housekeeping.