Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

I always looked forward to going to going to the Ramada/
Guest Service Agent - Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 March 2017
A typical day at work is a little along these lines: Arrive, check in with the night audit to see how the night went, print all daily reports, review arriving guests, double check all billing information is correct, OTA bookings, check in/check out guests, process payments cash/credit/check, balance cash, floor checks and lock up building.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, you pay like 1 dollar per shift for a hot entree, fresh soup and salad every day. Yearly reviews and opportunity for raise and or promotion
Cons
No set schedule, back to back shifts (work 2:45pm - 11:15pm back in at 6:45am - 3:15pm the next day)
self motivated; love learning new things. Catch on very quickly!
Housekeeping/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 March 2017
Never late, do what i am told, dont stop until the work is done. work is easy if you do what you love. im a people person and i like seeing new faces everyday. :)
Decent Job
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 March 2017
Very good job, only downfall is it gets boring at sometimes. The people are kind and you are allowed your freedom while there are no guests. all in all a great job
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Unreliable Managment
Good co-workers, developing reputation and improving conditions for guests
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC6 March 2017
Low salaries that are not equal to the demands and expectations of the position. Very high work-load demands. Typically do not offer breaks in my position. No review process for regular raises.

Good relationships between co-workers. Company in investing in infrastructures to improve guest experiences.
Pros
Good interaction between staff, a real family feel among the staff
Cons
Low salary, high staff turn-over, high-stress with demanding work-loads, no financial or medical benefits
Day inn
Front Desk Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON23 February 2017
come in clean building , do midnight audits , checking in guests , cleaning rooms, bartend
how to use the computer programs
Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
Not really sure what to put here since it's been awhile, I can't really complain about the job, it just isn't what I wanted to do and I needed to finish school
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 February 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, enjoy working by myself, not a team player. A typical day at work would include organize your work area and ensure safety for yourself and others.
Free breakfast
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Work was a per room basis and did not depend on the actual time of hours spent working. Supervisor was not fair. Manager was only listening to the supervisor and not to the staff.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Long hours in rooms
A very fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE19 January 2017
This is a very clean, nice place to work. Everybody's friendly and helpful. Everything was great. I enjoyed the tenants in these apartments.
Good working enviroment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 January 2017
Basically Super8 gets a good amount of guests but its enjoyable to coordinate with every guest and try to satisfy every guests needs.
Pros
Fun to coordinate with guests
Cons
Its sometime hectic to work for 9 long hours
Great Experience
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2017
My Hotel career started here, I will always be very grateful for all the training I received , I truly loved this job. I was hired as a Housekeeping Supervisor, and with hard work and dedication I became the Executive Housekeeper, I took every course offered to me and enjoyed every part of this job, learned so much about how to successfully run a property while providing the best customer service possible to all our guests. the management was fantastic, I would work for this company again given the opportunity.
Pros
the experience
Some good coworkers, Management needs work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Typical day there was overload of work and strict time line to complete. I learned skills in Customer service and how to adjust to very strict guidelines. the management could use a lot of work. The hardest part of the job was not having enough materials to complete the task at hand and having to go back every day for an hour to put items that had been left out. The Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet the demands of guests.
Cons
very long hours
Nice place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 January 2017
Hard to get along with new owners . One staff member is impossible to get along with .. too many night shifts and very little pay
Pros
Sitting job
Cons
Bully for a co worker
good hours
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB22 December 2016
Another great place to work, wages aren't the greatest but the company has some perks. Some owners aren't the greatest and cause the hotels to fall apart and bad for cutting hours after thanksgiving.
Pros
hours
Cons
fall slowlys down
such a beautiful place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK21 November 2016
Very nice working with people with kind heart .No work pressure , less stress , Flexible working hours but poor management , no growth ,nothing to learn much .
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Nothing to learn more
Decent Job, sloppy management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 November 2016
I loved the work, I enjoyed going in everyday in a suit. My only real complaint about the particular hotel I worked at, was the Management. The were biased and inexperienced.
Pros
Great job
General feel of WorldMark
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
It is a great company to work for, but if you aren't interested in working for the hospitality industry then it's not the place to start off a career. Growth is very slim.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No room for growth.
my out look
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS26 October 2016
busses at moments , like taking phone calls for guest who wish to visit the motel and make arrangements for them to stay at the motel, helping laundry room mates out with keep up with their own Landry work and mine , and helping modes to clean room
Pros
50 luch break, and 2-10 minutes breaks
Plesant co-workers, good environment
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Everyday I met new people and helped guests to make their stay a desirable one. I grew close to my co-workers and enjoyed going into work everyday. I learned how to better communicate and to work well with others. The managers were always willing to help me out with any inquiries and helped mold me into a better front desk attendant. I do miss my job there and my co-workers but we now live out of Sudbury and the commute would be too far with my two small children in school.
Pros
Free meals, Enjoyable work place
Boring and troublesome
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
Dealing with drunk unruly people who tend to cause trouble is what takes most of your work day up. Besides that there is considerable amount of downtime waiting for specific email. Auditing is generally easy.

You need energetic co-workers otherwise you'll be bored to death.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.