Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and a fun place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 17, 2015
clean the pool and do tests for the chlorine
how to work alone and with others
everyone was awesome to work with and very friendly
best people to work with
coming back after lunch after a good meal
getting those hours in after a long hard day of work
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad days to work
I like the job but not much advacement that can come
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONMarch 2, 2015
Sooo far I been working at the Super 8. And I been enjoying working there but working in Maintenance sometimes it feels like trying to get equipment replace and/or upgraded is like pulling teeth. but the first week on the job I found I was getting equipment from my car to do repairs or buying tools (from my own pocket) to do repairs.

But other then that I enjoy working with the other staff. The job is really good in the sense that they been flexible with my schedule for when I need days off. Also job is more work at your own pace as long as the work is getting done and you have your cell phone on to get any emergency repairs, as well to work closely with the other staff to see if any thing need attending right away.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
budget to work with
Good position to work your way up in.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2015
As a Guest Service Agent, I have eight hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks as well as an unpaid half hour lunch. I stand for a vast majority of my shift and am the front line of the hotel. I process all guest check-ins and check-outs as well as answer phones, direct traffic, maintain the front desk and lobby as well as direct incoming calls to other departments and answer radio calls. Management is appreciate of their staff and have proven that with hard work it is easy to advance to upper level position both inside and outside your department. It does get very stressful during peak seasons if there are not enough employees to handle the amount of traffic, but generally there is enough work to keep you busy, but enough you are going full tilt for eight hours. The Ramada Plaza is a well maintained mid-sized hotel and the staff care dearly about the customers, so I never feel like I am encourage to neglect anyone. I really enjoyed my experience working for this independent location.
Pros
food services, able to advance, caring management
Cons
standing for long periods of time, can be stressful
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2014
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment.
Pros
full time pay my bills
Cons
not enough hour of work
Productive Night Shifts on the Frontline and Banquet Kitchen
3rd Line Cook/Banquet Cook (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 14, 2014
A typical Day at work starts off by sanitation and making sure all tools and equipment are sharpened, clean and safe to use.
I prepare the Frontline setup which consists of filling up all the ingredient inserts and fridges. I check if everything is fresh and usable for the next 3 days coming. Once the rush starts, I help out my other coworkers with orders as well as room services.

I learned to deal with the stress, and long hours that some restaurants and hotels offer. I learned to take my time and do what is asked the right way/the way the chef wants it without cutting corners.

The hardest part of my job would be the plated banquets. ( lots of dishes prepared at the same time can cause confusion and/or a mix-up of ingredients.)

The enjoyable part of my job would be the amount of respect and care all of the employees ( Chefs, other Cooks, Porters, Staff) have for each other. There's barely any negativity in the kitchen which is key in some places.
Pros
one free meal every shift.
Cons
it's a hotel restaurant so business in the dinning room is a hit and miss.
Friendly and comfortble working enviornment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 7, 2015
Usually I work during nights.

- My job responsibility is to manage all client information and stay in contact with them to manage a long term relationship for benefit of company.

- Also I have to do Auditing and Day close during nights and balance everything, after that making registration and checking in and checking out guests were my duties as front desk.

- Our manager is very nice and professional lady and I would say she manages everything really very well and she trained me personally for some of my duties.

- My co-workers are also very nice as they are team players and very supporting and helpful.

- Things I love a lot about my job are working at my own and taking my decision that helped both me and my company. They resulted in profit for my company and improved my decision making skills.

- hardest part of my jobs is that sometimes i have to deals with guest who are very rude, stubborn and talk non sense about everything but being in service industry i have to deal very politely with them and serve them as best as i can.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Risk associated with independent decision making
unforgettable experience
Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Timmins OnApril 10, 2013
learning and typical day at work :

serving drinks and meals
taking orders
dishes
cleaning tables
cleaning meeting rooms
working at the cash

management:

they plaid favoritism with the workers part of there family worked and where given more then the others

co-workers:

the cooks where polite and fun to work with the other servers some where fun to work with and others just went on smoke breaks and let you alone to work

the hardest part of the job :

was to keep working and doing everything to help out and get nothing back from the others

the most enjoyable part of the job:

the miners and the other costumers we had a contract to serve and learning new things every day
Pros
the customers i served
Cons
the lack of apriciation for the workers / favoritism
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
Great place to work.
ASSISTANT HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsNovember 29, 2012
Typical day is long and hard on your body. Learned a great deal about working with the public. Management is good if you work hard for them. Co-workers are great.

The hardest part of the job is the physical labour. Most enjoyable is relaxing at lunch and sharing stories.
Pros
great employees
Cons
long days
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
 Interacted with the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner.
 Checked and tallied accounts of all departments in the hotel.
 Handled cash transactions and produce a timely report.
 Maintained a daily balance of the transactions, reconciliation and final reports and forward the same to accounting centers.
 Balanced and tallied cash in hand against invoices.
 Reconciled the cashier’s report.
 Processed the journal entries, balanced the accounts and audited the same to check for accuracy.
 Completed the audit summary for all the shifts keeping policies and procedures into consideration.
 Helped in booking room reservation, answering phone calls, taking messages for guests and notified them about the same.
 Ensured that necessary desk information was submitted to shift manager.
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  NIAGARA FALLSApril 24, 2015
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
SHORTAGE OF STAFF
Productive and fun place
Head Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 6, 2013
The customers were great, they always greeted with friendly smiles. The management was great, they helped you out when you needed anything like a day off. They understood when I had school work to complete so they allowed some time off, very understanding.
The hardest job was keeping up with the many checkin's happening and making sure they are satisfied with their stay.
Most enjoyable was the people who worked with me, the housekeepers were amazing and the managers were more than anyone could ever ask for.
Fun loving, Values every employee and Guest
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 12, 2014
Amazing work environment with the friendliest of staff who work hard to make people happy. It is very rewarding to work for this company. You will get to know many different people while working here. You will better yourself in computer skills and communication skills. Everyday is different, which makes it exciting.
Clean and friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Learned a lot working here, friendly staff but lots of work and long hours.
Supportive Management
Guest Services Agent - Front Desk Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2013
I learned how to deal with guests patiently. It increases my self confidence and able to work with other nationalities. My co-workers are very friendly, supportive and helpful in any ways. Our management helped us to be permanent reisdence in Canada. We owe them a lot, they changed our lives. The hardest part of my job is standing for the whole 8 hours shift or longer if needed. Enjoyable is I love the management and our immediate supervisors.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
low pay
productive clean good benifits and salary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCSeptember 14, 2012
making sure all your rooms are clean , co-workers are great most of the time we work as a team. hardest part of the job is,there is no hardest part of the job.love to assist the visitors when needed is the most enjoyable part of my job and making sure my job is done.
Pros
enjoy meeting people from other countries and happy to assist them with thier needs
Lovely management
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 18, 2015
Main duties cleaning rooms and re stocking them. Great people to work for. Hard work quite physically demanding but good team.
Fun place to get away and make new friends from all over the wold
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABJanuary 20, 2014
Some days are long but fun. A little repetitive but different guests everyday.
Learned a lot about time management, and about cleaning effectively.
All co-workers re amazing people from all over the world with different experiences.
Keeping to a strict time frame when its busy was difficult.
The people you work with are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
cheap staff accomodation
Cons
quiet seson = less money
Professional work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
Ensured all Rooms status when i start the work everyday. Also checked all log books, Cash Handling Procedure and check outs and reservations of the day.

Learned to work in a professional environment.

Co-workers were helpful

Management was Great.

When there is no entry of any guest request in the log book and guest get upset with service was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
free car wash coupons
hotel housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBNovember 29, 2014
hi good day i work as housekeeper I learned a lot of thing fixing beds, how to clean properly. the management is good and nice, and also my co worker, the hardest part is carrying bed sheet and we need to move fast but i handle it. the most enjoyable part of the job is I meet different people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heavy work

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location