Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,399 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not A Fun Workplace
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: good long hours, friendly customers!
Cons: negativity
Working at super 8 taught me alot about cleaning and hotels, but working there wasn't fun or interesting to me at all. I found co-workers were always complaining about everything they possibly could. The managers were great except the housekeeping manager, very rude and demanding. I always put my full effort into my job. I always got everything done – more... on time no matter what but when it came to me asking for proper equipment to help me work it was always a hassle. I haven't found one person who likes there job working for this company. Also no one liked working as a team like we were supposed to. Super 8 would be such an amazing workplace if alot of people didn't bring personal problems to the workplace and if things were delt with maturity. I found that things were never handled properly. Sundays we would have a full day check out 82 rooms? we asked for one of us to be able to go around the hotel and strip the rooms so that the laundry could begin, but the only way they allowed us to do that was if we had a co-op student because they were free, then when are co-op student decided to leave they told us that if we still wanted someone to strip rooms we would have to take time out of each of our rooms with is close to 30 mins per room so add that up all day each girl and we have to pay her with our money. confusing yes. but isn't crazy? – less
Days Inn
Front Desk Asst. Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 31, 2013
Was great 2 years working at Front Desk, got to be managers on the weekend which was great.
Interacting with others
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 31, 2013
always love being around people and helping them. I always got that chance in the hospitality industry
Amazing Hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good staff
The hotel is great with lovely staff members.

The pay was good and the hour also.

Clean and nice hotel close to my house.
Productive and fun place to work with.
Front Desk Clerk (P/T) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2013
Learned how to interact with customers.

Co-workers are helping me always when ever i need them.
NO FUN
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 6, 2013
The hardest part of the job was working with a manager who did not give a care in the world about anything involving work.
Co workers were great
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: don't have any
Good place to work,Hours were good,management was great too,meeting people
Productive, fun workplace, flexible hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMay 5, 2013
Had a great experience with colleagues and my supervisor. I now have a personal relationship with them.
Example
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 18, 2013
I Love to work with with all people,Love to see them get ahead,it makes my day just to see a smile on their face,One of the best days of my life Was when I became A Maintenance Supervisor and Forman,And then started to sell my Paintings.
unforgettable experience
Serveuse (Former Employee), Timmins OnApril 10, 2013
Pros: the customers i served
Cons: the lack of apriciation for the workers / favoritism
learning and typical day at work :

serving drinks and meals
taking orders
dishes
cleaning tables
cleaning meeting rooms
working at the cash

management:

they plaid favoritism with the workers part of there family worked and where given more then the others

co-workers:

the cooks where polite and fun to work with the other servers some where fun to – more... work with and others just went on smoke breaks and let you alone to work

the hardest part of the job :

was to keep working and doing everything to help out and get nothing back from the others

the most enjoyable part of the job:

the miners and the other costumers we had a contract to serve and learning new things every day – less
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaApril 9, 2013
Pros: discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service – more... to each and every one. – less
all was good until management change
Sous Chef (Former Employee), aurora,ONMarch 26, 2013
i learned a lot from the old chef, cooking different styles and food creations.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
The hardest part was that they call in at random times and I have to be there,but other than that it wasn't so bad. A typical day at work would be going in and washing the bathroom and cleaning bedrooms and such, and sometimes the rooms would be really bad especially the bathrooms.
It was a good job.
House Keeping (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 26, 2013
Nice place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Truro, NSMarch 25, 2013
Great people. The work atmosphere was friendly. I enjoyed the late nights.
Was a okay job
Breakfast Room Attendant (Former Employee), Hinton, ABMarch 17, 2013
This job was lonely since it was early morning and you were alone
Just started at the job
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2013
Same as my previous job, just on a different location.

Checking in/out guests, answering phones, dealing with guests' requests/concerns/complaints
A Piece of meat that keeps their machine fed
Servicedesk IT (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 8, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: your used up and tossed away
After 6 years of employment and working my tail off, they fired me shortly after taking a stress leave just as they do with everybody else who takes a stress leave.
Productive and fun place
Head Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2013
The customers were great, they always greeted with friendly smiles. The management was great, they helped you out when you needed anything like a day off. They understood when I had school work to complete so they allowed some time off, very understanding.
The hardest job was keeping up with the many checkin's happening and making sure they are satisfied – more... with their stay.
Most enjoyable was the people who worked with me, the housekeepers were amazing and the managers were more than anyone could ever ask for. – less
Excellent Empolyer
Customer Service Representative/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 21, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Travelodge. I felt like our team of staff was more like family to me.

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos