Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

housekeeping
HouseKeeper (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 8, 2016
not much to say about about being a housekeeper..i enjoy working with my co workers I learned a lot from each of them I enjoyed going to work each day ..great front desk staff
Franchise
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 13, 2016
The people are good but the company policy and the way they work are bad. There are a lot of things they need to change but the didn't
fun and helpful but the pay is under for the hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoy the busy work environment the employees are great and the bosses are amazing always open and make you feel important and heard. i love my job but it dosnt stay steady for a single mother to live on so im looking for steady work.
It helps me a lot while working in this hotel.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 22, 2016
It helps me to handle customers/guests in a professional and helpful manner. Manage the registration process, handles guest check-in and check-outs appropriately for the hotel and maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality.
fun place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 23, 2015
colleagues and management is cooperative and supportive.
good location of hotel in Niagara falls but business gets slow down in winters.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
NA
Review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I would check guests in and out. Handle any concerns. Do the night audit. Set up the coffee counter. Do light housekeeping chores. I loved working in the public with the people.
Pros
working with people
Cons
only part time hours
Great Place
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good place to work and develop my skills as a supervisor, strong communication between departments. Enjoyed my time here and only left because I was moving cities.
It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 6, 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, onOctober 9, 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
A true test of one's people skills
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Taught a great deal of patience and understanding due to the high volume of overly irate guest base.
Great sales experience and management skills.
Management only listens with half an ear and roadblock any attempt at advancement within the company.
Good, supportive co-workers...in most cases.
Pros
good benefits, discount at restaurant, event ticket perks
Cons
terrible hours, no allowance for advancement, unapproachable management
Lots of work
Head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Never had a slow day, there was always plenty to be done and keep busy with. Appreciated the hours, nothing i hate more then a job with a lot of standing around.
Pros
Free Lunches on Saturdays
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 10, 2015
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncaring Upper Management.
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable work place, nice enviroment and was able to meet plenty of new people and get to learn about different lifestyles of different types of people
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  kelowna BCOctober 7, 2015
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Pros
great managment
Cons
i dont have any
Not the best.
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 2, 2014
During my time, i found multiple illegal substances in guests rooms,
(and even a noose) and i was told to forget what id seen and move on my the management. After being promised a raise after four months of employment, my boss put it off for months until i quit.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  DieppeAugust 5, 2015
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
Pros
activities
Cons
over worked
Customer service
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
I have 1 year experience in customer service canada.
I like also hotel industry job. every day new face check in and check out. every days new experience
Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SkSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Dealt with a lot of laziness
great place to work
Front Desk manager Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJuly 6, 2015
very fast paced environment, learning new things everyday, went from housekeeping supervisor to manager within 6 months. great opportunitys
Pros
busy never bored
Cons
long hours up to 24hrs at a time
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2014
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment.
Pros
full time pay my bills
Cons
not enough hour of work

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location