Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2017
My Hotel career started here, I will always be very grateful for all the training I received , I truly loved this job. I was hired as a Housekeeping Supervisor, and with hard work and dedication I became the Executive Housekeeper, I took every course offered to me and enjoyed every part of this job, learned so much about how to successfully run a property while providing the best customer service possible to all our guests. the management was fantastic, I would work for this company again given the opportunity.
Pros
the experience
Some good coworkers, Management needs work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Typical day there was overload of work and strict time line to complete. I learned skills in Customer service and how to adjust to very strict guidelines. the management could use a lot of work. The hardest part of the job was not having enough materials to complete the task at hand and having to go back every day for an hour to put items that had been left out. The Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet the demands of guests.
Cons
very long hours
Nice place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 January 2017
Hard to get along with new owners . One staff member is impossible to get along with .. too many night shifts and very little pay
Pros
Sitting job
Cons
Bully for a co worker
good hours
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB22 December 2016
Another great place to work, wages aren't the greatest but the company has some perks. Some owners aren't the greatest and cause the hotels to fall apart and bad for cutting hours after thanksgiving.
Pros
hours
Cons
fall slowlys down
such a beautiful place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK21 November 2016
Very nice working with people with kind heart .No work pressure , less stress , Flexible working hours but poor management , no growth ,nothing to learn much .
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Nothing to learn more
Decent Job, sloppy management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 November 2016
I loved the work, I enjoyed going in everyday in a suit. My only real complaint about the particular hotel I worked at, was the Management. The were biased and inexperienced.
Pros
Great job
Best team ever
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB3 November 2016
Gorgeous environnement to improve your career. They valued my professional up-to-date skills and promoted me at any occasion.
General feel of WorldMark
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
It is a great company to work for, but if you aren't interested in working for the hospitality industry then it's not the place to start off a career. Growth is very slim.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No room for growth.
my out look
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS26 October 2016
busses at moments , like taking phone calls for guest who wish to visit the motel and make arrangements for them to stay at the motel, helping laundry room mates out with keep up with their own Landry work and mine , and helping modes to clean room
Pros
50 luch break, and 2-10 minutes breaks
Plesant co-workers, good environment
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Everyday I met new people and helped guests to make their stay a desirable one. I grew close to my co-workers and enjoyed going into work everyday. I learned how to better communicate and to work well with others. The managers were always willing to help me out with any inquiries and helped mold me into a better front desk attendant. I do miss my job there and my co-workers but we now live out of Sudbury and the commute would be too far with my two small children in school.
Pros
Free meals, Enjoyable work place
Boring and troublesome
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
Dealing with drunk unruly people who tend to cause trouble is what takes most of your work day up. Besides that there is considerable amount of downtime waiting for specific email. Auditing is generally easy.

You need energetic co-workers otherwise you'll be bored to death.
Fun place to work with coworkers n staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB4 October 2016
Best place to stay n work..management is awesome n very polite i recommend to all to find work very interesting n will worth it.
Pros
Awesome
Near the Falls
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 October 2016
This job was a good job as you got to promote the falls

This was a great spot has there was lots to do in this area and there was so much that you could promote.

I worked with great co-workers and we worked well as a team.
Pros
Indoor pool
Cons
No Breaks
Great management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2016
Management is great. Supportive, nurturing and understanding. Committed to employees needs via providing a comfortable working environment. smiles all around.
its fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2016
great place to start work for. and i learned alot and meet new people that are fun and out going, so i still do talk to those friends.. they have a beautiful job ethic.
High paced and exciting workplace
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
Extremely high paced work environment with long hours. I found the job to be exciting and fun however the company owners were not as involved as I would have imagined them to be,.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Great Work Environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
I start early at around 6.30am,
I print the bank statements and update the cashflow in Excel, then I go to the email I receive from the night Auditor and Post the Room revenue and the Credit card into Sage.
I deal with the Accounts Receivables and Payables
Print and mail our Cheques.
End of month enter room revenue into the Wyndham.
Oversee hotel with the Manager.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No Cons
Good Place
Collect payment for beverages and record sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2016
Good place to work I thoroughly enjoyed it because of the flexibility and the hours that were available to us as employees. I would highly reccommend that people apply.
productive and active work play with once a month staff party
Maid (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 August 2016
Great work place! got along with co workers, loved the constant work, time goes by fast keeping busy, every month once or twice a month garden and parking lot maintence, loved how once a month we the staff would get a party thrown by the manager, he would pay for lunch such as subway or pizza and drinks, nice quiet workplace, costumers were great as well, did my absolute best pleasing the stayers and the manager, worked to my full potential.
Pros
5 minute breaks
Cons
cant take lunch if take to many breaks which is acceptable
Don't let people down you
Sales & Marketing Manager ( Guest Services) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 August 2016
AL ways look for positive things in your life. Accept Challenges be more professional no matter what stops you.Working with best companies so far some time you feel like others are not that professionals and compatible in business. i like being myself and give my 110% but as long as your management have faith in you.
Pros
Cons
Not Really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location