Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SkSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Dealt with a lot of laziness
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
Guest services Agent
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaApril 9, 2013
Pros: discount on food/relaxed atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
My day typically starts with making coffee for the guests to enjoy in the morning, then I answer phones and help with laundry. I do guest check outs, file paperwork, take payments from guests extending their stay.
The part of this job that enjoy the most is the guests, I love the interaction with people, providing the best possible customer service to each and every one.
Fun workplace giving the opportunity to lead
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kelce Business School (Former Employee), Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: extensive knowledge about different softwares
Not a very hectic routine as I was working as a Graduate teaching assistant at the University for only 20 hours a week. I developed my leadership qualities as I had to supervise six employees working under me. The co-workers were very cooperative, flexible, and I would say the best so far. It was all in all a joyful work experience.
Excellent intro to the world of tourism
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBMay 12, 2014
I loved everything about this job. It began my love for tourism and the nature of such jobs. Management and co-workers alike we fantastic. They provided support, education and unlimited understanding. I appreciated the trust they had in their employers to complete the jobs of any given day. It was just a really great place, assuming you accomplished the tasks that were expected of you.
A true test of one's people skills
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits, discount at restaurant, event ticket perks
Cons: terrible hours, no allowance for advancement, unapproachable management
Taught a great deal of patience and understanding due to the high volume of overly irate guest base.
Great sales experience and management skills.
Management only listens with half an ear and roadblock any attempt at advancement within the company.
Good, supportive co-workers...in most cases.
productive and fun Work enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Clean Fun and Got Great deals on stays at other super 8 motels
Cons: notrhing to write here
I worked for Super 8 Motel in Dawson Creek for 3 years where i met lots of people and learned about different companies and what they did. The staff and Management where very friendly and out going always there to help with what ever a person needed
Professional work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free car wash coupons
Ensured all Rooms status when i start the work everyday. Also checked all log books, Cash Handling Procedure and check outs and reservations of the day.

Learned to work in a professional environment.

Co-workers were helpful

Management was Great.

When there is no entry of any guest request in the log book and guest get upset with service was the hardest part of the job.
Hard working but steady hours.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2012
I liked working there because I liked the work. You know what is expected of you and you can keep busy no problem. I like that I had steady hours. The staff was nice. Hardest part would have been when there were more rooms than staff at times. Yet I still stayed and finished my work and if needed worked extra to make sure everything got done.
Fun workplace and efficient
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Nanaimo BCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: you are on your own getting things done
Cons: the serverity of uncleanliness sometimes
My typical day at work would be of course cleaning, my coworkers are cool with no drama and very business minded. The hardest part of my job is cleaning on a crazy day(example when a lot of sick patients are arriving back to back),and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I accomplished cleaning my rooms on time.
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: i learned how to do front desk work, doing breakfasts for customers, getting paid weekly, customer relations.
Cons: cleaning very dirty rooms, cleaning the pool, cleaning the weight room, going behind other housekeepers to make sure they were doing their jobs.
It was a very energetic, fast paced workplace. Some of my co-workers were very nice to work with, while others were not.
Management always gave their support with their workers
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Free foods, free accommodation
Cons: Nothing
This hotel management gave me an opportunity to work with them even I don't have Canadian experience. They gave their full trust for me. That's why I also gave my very best to do my job and never disappoint them. Management and co-workers are really so nice. We treat each others as family.
Great workplace!!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2012
Pros: fridays was casual day
I have worked at a few hotels, and i can honestly say Super 8 was the best.
My boss's were amazing, everyone from maintenance to the housekeepers were all really friendly people.
I loved coming to work everyday. I only left because i decided to move back to Ontario, i wish i could have taken the hotel with me.
productive clean good benifits and salary
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: enjoy meeting people from other countries and happy to assist them with thier needs
Cons: long hours
making sure all your rooms are clean , co-workers are great most of the time we work as a team. hardest part of the job is,there is no hardest part of the job.love to assist the visitors when needed is the most enjoyable part of my job and making sure my job is done.
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee), kelowna BCOctober 7, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: i dont have any
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
hotel housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heavy work
hi good day i work as housekeeper I learned a lot of thing fixing beds, how to clean properly. the management is good and nice, and also my co worker, the hardest part is carrying bed sheet and we need to move fast but i handle it. the most enjoyable part of the job is I meet different people.
Fun loving, Values every employee and Guest
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 12, 2014
Amazing work environment with the friendliest of staff who work hard to make people happy. It is very rewarding to work for this company. You will get to know many different people while working here. You will better yourself in computer skills and communication skills. Everyday is different, which makes it exciting.
Meeting new people
EXECUTIVE MEETINGS MANAGER (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: getting to meeting new people
The typical day at work would be answering phones and booking the customer a meeting room or booking their wedding as well doing the same with emails. Having meetings every morning to let the managers know what is going on for the day/week and making sure that the customers were happy.
Great place to work.
ASSISTANT HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), Niagara FallsNovember 29, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: long days
Typical day is long and hard on your body. Learned a great deal about working with the public. Management is good if you work hard for them. Co-workers are great.

The hardest part of the job is the physical labour. Most enjoyable is relaxing at lunch and sharing stories.
learning experience.met lot of people
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 8, 2014
Pros: discount on items
Cons: always busy
It being the biggest super market in town. It is always busy which keeps us alert and is a great place to work.

I learned how to interact with customers specially keeping in mind their needs

great management and family friendly atmosphere
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sore feet
same as any hotel when getting ready to clean rooms
it was a very friendly work place the management was the
greatest of all always there when you need them the co-workers are always there when you need help
the most thing I liked there was how friendly people were