Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,391 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and socializing work place to meet and communicate with customers
Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: long hours
Its a fun and happening place to work here. We meet and communicate with customers on daily bases and talk about random stuff which always enhances knowledge and information about the surrounding cities, highways, weather and small communities.
Not the best.
House Keeper (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABMarch 2, 2014
During my time, i found multiple illegal substances in guests rooms,
(and even a noose) and i was told to forget what id seen and move on my the management. After being promised a raise after four months of employment, my boss put it off for months until i quit.
very stressful
HOTEL CLERK (Former Employee), Brooks AlbertaFebruary 25, 2014
hardest part- were learning or cope with and how to deal with angry and drunk rig people.
great management
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ottawa onFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: working with great workers that i can learn from
Cons: not enough hours
this job was great experience in being a great housekeeper to provide great cleaning and maintaining a healthy and hygienic rooms for costumers. I give pride on doing my job and making sure customers are satisfied in where there staying.
Comfortable work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: independent work
Cons: less wagws
It was a great place to work. I liked dealing with guest as a customers. I used to enjoy my work at Howard Johnson Express Inn.
Fun workplace and efficient
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Nanaimo BCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: you are on your own getting things done
Cons: the serverity of uncleanliness sometimes
My typical day at work would be of course cleaning, my coworkers are cool with no drama and very business minded. The hardest part of my job is cleaning on a crazy day(example when a lot of sick patients are arriving back to back),and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I accomplished cleaning my rooms on time.
not very happy
Housekeeping (part-time) (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: going home
Cons: no shifts and miserable people
a typical day would be your normal hotel room cleaning. i only got 2 shifts per week if i was lucky. they let me go because i became pregnant. people were miserable all the time.
Fun place to get away and make new friends from all over the wold
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Canmore, ABJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: cheap staff accomodation
Cons: quiet seson = less money
Some days are long but fun. A little repetitive but different guests everyday.
Learned a lot about time management, and about cleaning effectively.
All co-workers re amazing people from all over the world with different experiences.
Keeping to a strict time frame when its busy was difficult.
The people you work with are the most enjoyable part of the – more... job. – less
New ownership
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), LindsayJanuary 15, 2014
New ownership. Co-workers are great to work with. Guests were amazing as well as old owner
A true test of one's people skills
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits, discount at restaurant, event ticket perks
Cons: terrible hours, no allowance for advancement, unapproachable management
Taught a great deal of patience and understanding due to the high volume of overly irate guest base.
Great sales experience and management skills.
Management only listens with half an ear and roadblock any attempt at advancement within the company.
Good, supportive co-workers...in most cases.
N/A
Houseman (Former Employee), Niagara FallsDecember 12, 2013
It was not enjoyable and very unorganized. It was hard to get any work done, and the it was often short staffed due to people calling in sick.
learned new things
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABNovember 7, 2013
Pros: long hrs. pay was ok
Cons: language barriers
learned how to deal with multi cultured people and language barrier
outgoing, preductive, works well with others
bluenotes (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: working hard and getting noticed
Cons: people who don't appreiate a hard worker.
I got to work on my own and i impressed the boss by showing him i am a great worker.
VERY STRESSFULL
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 29, 2013
Cons: long hour
NOT A CLEAN PLACE ...,DO ALL KIND OF WORK..ROOM IS DIRTY,,,BASEMENT IS A REAL MESS ..WATER ON THE FLOOR
fun workplace
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBOctober 21, 2013
Pros: early work days
Cons: not enough hours
work started at 8am i was mainly laundry personnal wash dryed folded and put laundry away also cleaned and disinfected rooms and hallways..
very nice place to work people were welcoming
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: welcoming people
Cons: nothing
i liked the housekeeping looking after rooms going at your own pace and level cleaning everything in the rooms were pretty messy at times but that was expected.
food stocking
housekeeping (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 18, 2013
i experince stocking and i dont interest with that job cause i dont match it ...
Summary of location
RCI Vacation Guide (Former Employee), Saint John NBSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: people, great pay and incentives as well as good benefits
Cons: high requirements for stats
a challenging and rewarding place to work. Teamwork was well used and a lot of great people to work with both team members and team leaders.
Not A Fun Workplace
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: good long hours, friendly customers!
Cons: negativity
Working at super 8 taught me alot about cleaning and hotels, but working there wasn't fun or interesting to me at all. I found co-workers were always complaining about everything they possibly could. The managers were great except the housekeeping manager, very rude and demanding. I always put my full effort into my job. I always got everything done – more... on time no matter what but when it came to me asking for proper equipment to help me work it was always a hassle. I haven't found one person who likes there job working for this company. Also no one liked working as a team like we were supposed to. Super 8 would be such an amazing workplace if alot of people didn't bring personal problems to the workplace and if things were delt with maturity. I found that things were never handled properly. Sundays we would have a full day check out 82 rooms? we asked for one of us to be able to go around the hotel and strip the rooms so that the laundry could begin, but the only way they allowed us to do that was if we had a co-op student because they were free, then when are co-op student decided to leave they told us that if we still wanted someone to strip rooms we would have to take time out of each of our rooms with is close to 30 mins per room so add that up all day each girl and we have to pay her with our money. confusing yes. but isn't crazy? – less
Days Inn
Front Desk Asst. Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 31, 2013
Was great 2 years working at Front Desk, got to be managers on the weekend which was great.

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A topĀ supplier and marketerĀ of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos