Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with coworkers n staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB4 October 2016
Best place to stay n work..management is awesome n very polite i recommend to all to find work very interesting n will worth it.
Pros
Awesome
Day inn
Front Desk Receptionist/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON23 February 2017
come in clean building , do midnight audits , checking in guests , cleaning rooms, bartend
how to use the computer programs
A very fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE19 January 2017
This is a very clean, nice place to work. Everybody's friendly and helpful. Everything was great. I enjoyed the tenants in these apartments.
Nice place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 January 2017
Hard to get along with new owners . One staff member is impossible to get along with .. too many night shifts and very little pay
Pros
Sitting job
Cons
Bully for a co worker
my out look
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS26 October 2016
busses at moments , like taking phone calls for guest who wish to visit the motel and make arrangements for them to stay at the motel, helping laundry room mates out with keep up with their own Landry work and mine , and helping modes to clean room
Pros
50 luch break, and 2-10 minutes breaks
Great management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2016
Management is great. Supportive, nurturing and understanding. Committed to employees needs via providing a comfortable working environment. smiles all around.
Boring and troublesome
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
Dealing with drunk unruly people who tend to cause trouble is what takes most of your work day up. Besides that there is considerable amount of downtime waiting for specific email. Auditing is generally easy.

You need energetic co-workers otherwise you'll be bored to death.
Great Work Environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
I start early at around 6.30am,
I print the bank statements and update the cashflow in Excel, then I go to the email I receive from the night Auditor and Post the Room revenue and the Credit card into Sage.
I deal with the Accounts Receivables and Payables
Print and mail our Cheques.
End of month enter room revenue into the Wyndham.
Oversee hotel with the Manager.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No Cons
Career and skills improvement
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 April 2016
As a front desk clerk, I dealt with checking in customers at the hotel, by having to create a registration card. I have work many different shifts there, morning, afternoon, and night (audit) shift. Each shift is a little different but all of them helped me to provide customer service to my fullest ability. I have learned to use different software to check in/out customers, deal with over the phone bookings, making sure every room is cleaned after housekeeping is done, and complete the audit for the day which includes counting money and business sales for the day. The management was great and efficient there, always hard working and helped me to provide my best ability to customer service.
Pros
Gained strong social and service skills
Cons
Night hours sometimes 'felt' long.
One of the best places i have worked
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB7 August 2016
Excellent management. Lots of work to keep you going throughout the day. The manager and office staff are truly amazing. The housekeeping staff are awesome. The facility is taken care of, and guests are treated like royalty
Pros
Free lunches
Near the Falls
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 October 2016
This job was a good job as you got to promote the falls

This was a great spot has there was lots to do in this area and there was so much that you could promote.

I worked with great co-workers and we worked well as a team.
Pros
Indoor pool
Cons
No Breaks
Please don't work this windham garden hotel ne Calgary
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
Please don't work this company in airport ne Calgary they fire 12 housekeeping staff within a 3 months the hiring manager is good to speak but the way she makes decision u get fire stick with your company where ever you working dont try to join this company you will lose your job I am not lying thats real.
Front Desk Reception
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 May 2016
You're tasked to do several things at this location, Cleaning. Cleaning of the front lobby is a must. You must check on it at least several time during a shift to insure quality control.

You must also take in customers checking in or checking out during early to late hours of the day, Not only are you doing that but you must also insure that when customers call via landline you must also help them with there needs, such as booking future check in dates or assist them on pricing plans for staying at the Inn.

When you're not working on floor or greeting customers into the Inn you are tasked to work on several company based programs to insure the daily quota is correct ((Not going into detail)).
Hard worker
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON2 June 2016
As an ambitious, hard worker, I am a fast learner with the ability to follow instructions and perform tasks in a safe manner. My military experience taught me discipline, endurance and the ability to cope with high stress situations.
Cons
flexible to work any shift available for long hours
A true test of one's people skills
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 January 2014
Taught a great deal of patience and understanding due to the high volume of overly irate guest base.
Great sales experience and management skills.
Management only listens with half an ear and roadblock any attempt at advancement within the company.
Good, supportive co-workers...in most cases.
Pros
Good benefits, discount at restaurant, event ticket perks
Cons
Terrible hours, no allowance for advancement, unapproachable management
its fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2016
great place to start work for. and i learned alot and meet new people that are fun and out going, so i still do talk to those friends.. they have a beautiful job ethic.
Standard experience restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 August 2015
Long hours make for a dreary day. Very little support from management with little to no room to grow. Very demoralizing environment.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, no raises, no scheduling consistency
Good Place
Collect payment for beverages and record sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2016
Good place to work I thoroughly enjoyed it because of the flexibility and the hours that were available to us as employees. I would highly reccommend that people apply.
Thee Hills Super 8 not Whydam
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB12 August 2016
night auditor for a few months was a pretty good position, taught me a lot about administration work, evening hotel audits and building confidence in meeting and speaking to new comers on a daily basis
fun place to work, most employess were easy to get along with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 March 2014
Most days went well. I have learned alot about what is involved with making hotel reservations. The majority of the management team were great to work with, the co workers all seemed to be friendly and eager to help.
Pros
plenty of benefits
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location