Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

its fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2016
great place to start work for. and i learned alot and meet new people that are fun and out going, so i still do talk to those friends.. they have a beautiful job ethic.
Great Place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 May 2016
We all were collegiate who were working there. So that was a great experience of my life.That was my first job in Canada and I learned more about the people in Canada, different cultures, about so many things. I gained confidence to work with different kind of people.
Pros
Free food, Free ride, Tips
my day as a housekeeper, dishwasher , factory worker
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 March 2016
I would have 15 rooms a day to clean before 3pm . I would go in strip all my beds and check under to make sure there was no garbage or someone forgot something in the room bring it to the front desk and go back to clean all my rooms .

A day as a dishwasher clean all dishes for party night before or help chef cut up vegetables and help clean his area .

A day as a factory worker put a pellet together for shipment and boxes together plus clean my area then swipe the whole factory before leaving the day.

I enjoyed all my jobs and would do it again I love being a team member . I am a hard worker and honest worker and never came in to my jobs with out a smile on my face .
Pros
meeting great people and having friends and location
Cons
not getting enough hours and hate dealing with bad postive people .
i enjoyed life when i worked there
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC23 March 2016
when i worked there it was good fast passed day, independent work, my co-workers liked to complain a lot but you can get that anywhere the hardest part of the job would be getting called in 15 minutes before your shift starts and it takes you half an hour to get there.
A family away from home
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB1 April 2016
Wyndham Hotels was a great place to work. I personally tried to work at other hotel chains but always found myself back at Super 8. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by staff with open arms, they not only care about their guests but also care about each other. I found my experience at Super 8 by Wyndham to be more than a career. We were family, we helped each other.

In both locations that I worked Management was incredible, Pay wasn't as good as I believe it should be especially night audit but it is good enough to live off of. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it happens quick to make your way up in the company but it will and does happen if you work hard. They made everyone a schedule that not only would work for the company but for you as well, not many shifts needed to be switched. There was nothing I didn't like about this company.

I absolutely love this company and hope to continue a career with them.
Pros
Good Management, Helpful Employees, A Fantastic Enviroment
housekeeping
HouseKeeper (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2016
not much to say about about being a housekeeper..i enjoy working with my co workers I learned a lot from each of them I enjoyed going to work each day ..great front desk staff
It helps me a lot while working in this hotel.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 February 2016
It helps me to handle customers/guests in a professional and helpful manner. Manage the registration process, handles guest check-in and check-outs appropriately for the hotel and maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality.
fun and helpful but the pay is under for the hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS19 February 2016
I enjoy the busy work environment the employees are great and the bosses are amazing always open and make you feel important and heard. i love my job but it dosnt stay steady for a single mother to live on so im looking for steady work.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2016
same as any hotel when getting ready to clean rooms
it was a very friendly work place the management was the
greatest of all always there when you need them the co-workers are always there when you need help
the most thing I liked there was how friendly people were
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sore feet
Management always gave their support with their workers
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 December 2015
This hotel management gave me an opportunity to work with them even I don't have Canadian experience. They gave their full trust for me. That's why I also gave my very best to do my job and never disappoint them. Management and co-workers are really so nice. We treat each others as family.
Pros
Free foods, free accommodation
Franchise
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 May 2016
The people are good but the company policy and the way they work are bad. There are a lot of things they need to change but the didn't
Review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON11 February 2016
I would check guests in and out. Handle any concerns. Do the night audit. Set up the coffee counter. Do light housekeeping chores. I loved working in the public with the people.
Pros
working with people
Cons
only part time hours
productive and fun Work enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC11 November 2015
I worked for Super 8 Motel in Dawson Creek for 3 years where i met lots of people and learned about different companies and what they did. The staff and Management where very friendly and out going always there to help with what ever a person needed
Pros
Clean Fun and Got Great deals on stays at other super 8 motels
Cons
notrhing to write here
It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 February 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
Bowling and Bingo
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2015
The management is really nice coordination and communication for the staff. My co-workers is friendly and helping each other with a team work and I enjoyed my self to work different race and I also some learned about the culture and some techniques in work place. And I really appreciate all of them. And one more thing is respect to your co-workers and love your job!!!

The most enjoyable in my job is a lot of fun just like during summer we have the barbe-Q party,christmas party theres a lot of give aways,during rodeo all staff have wearing uniform and also the hallowen party!!! Itssss fun fun fun!!!
Pros
free breakfast
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on9 October 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2015
Excellent place to work with nice management and always up for challenging. Not all the days are same so was always exciting to solve new challenges and improve my knowledge in communication and how to deal with conflicts.
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  kelowna BC7 October 2015
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Pros
great managment
Cons
i dont have any
Great Place
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2016
Was a good place to work and develop my skills as a supervisor, strong communication between departments. Enjoyed my time here and only left because I was moving cities.
banquets serving and front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 September 2015
i really enjoyed working at the coast hotel this is when i started to realize i was into office administrator and book keeping and planning events . i worked 6 months in banquet serving for them and i got to learn all types of cool things when it came to booking weddings and meetings and how to decorate the place how to set up and train people on what to do they liked how well i worked that they offered me the position at front desk to help out which i really enjoyed as well
Pros
was cool to see all the different types of weddings and working with amazing staff
Cons
very long hours

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location