Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of work
Head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Never had a slow day, there was always plenty to be done and keep busy with. Appreciated the hours, nothing i hate more then a job with a lot of standing around.
Pros
Free Lunches on Saturdays
Franchise
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 13, 2016
The people are good but the company policy and the way they work are bad. There are a lot of things they need to change but the didn't
fun place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 23, 2015
colleagues and management is cooperative and supportive.
good location of hotel in Niagara falls but business gets slow down in winters.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
NA
Customer service
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
I have 1 year experience in customer service canada.
I like also hotel industry job. every day new face check in and check out. every days new experience
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable work place, nice enviroment and was able to meet plenty of new people and get to learn about different lifestyles of different types of people
Fast-paced, labour intensive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONOctober 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job was lifting out, and making the sofa beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I learned how to make hotel-grade beds, and how to fold sheets to hotel standards.
Friendly Atmosphere
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working here, learning the various reservation programs, among other things. Management is great to work with, co-workers are easy to get along with. Only left to find better wages and daytime hours so that I can afford to have my boys visit more regularly from out of province. Hardest part of the job is when something breaks down or a guest has a major issue with something within the room whether cleanliness, equipment failure or something else. Most enjoyable aspect is meeting new people, and learning new things.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Co-workers late, equipment failure and major guest issues.
SUPER 8 WINNIPEG - NO GOOD
Hotel Night Auditor/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL .Workplace discipline is VERY LOW . Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude.
Standard experience restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 9, 2015
Long hours make for a dreary day. Very little support from management with little to no room to grow. Very demoralizing environment.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, no raises, no scheduling consistency
productive and a fun place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 17, 2015
clean the pool and do tests for the chlorine
how to work alone and with others
everyone was awesome to work with and very friendly
best people to work with
coming back after lunch after a good meal
getting those hours in after a long hard day of work
Pros
free drinks
Cons
bad days to work
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 10, 2015
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncaring Upper Management.
great place to work
Front Desk manager Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJuly 6, 2015
very fast paced environment, learning new things everyday, went from housekeeping supervisor to manager within 6 months. great opportunitys
Pros
busy never bored
Cons
long hours up to 24hrs at a time
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  DieppeAugust 5, 2015
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
Pros
activities
Cons
over worked
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  NIAGARA FALLSApril 24, 2015
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST
Cons
SHORTAGE OF STAFF
I like the job but not much advacement that can come
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONMarch 2, 2015
Sooo far I been working at the Super 8. And I been enjoying working there but working in Maintenance sometimes it feels like trying to get equipment replace and/or upgraded is like pulling teeth. but the first week on the job I found I was getting equipment from my car to do repairs or buying tools (from my own pocket) to do repairs.

But other then that I enjoy working with the other staff. The job is really good in the sense that they been flexible with my schedule for when I need days off. Also job is more work at your own pace as long as the work is getting done and you have your cell phone on to get any emergency repairs, as well to work closely with the other staff to see if any thing need attending right away.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
budget to work with
Productive and fun workplace with snmiling co workers
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Leduc, ABMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work would be checks in and checks out gues,.answers inquiries and handles complaints ,interacts with
different kinds of people.
Cons
Long Hours
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKMarch 30, 2015
the typical day at work can vary day to day, just like it can job to job. my last job my typical day would have been making beds cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming and light dusting
Pros
work at your own speed
Cons
no having anyone there to help you when you need it
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2014
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment.
Pros
full time pay my bills
Cons
not enough hour of work
Lovely management
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 18, 2015
Main duties cleaning rooms and re stocking them. Great people to work for. Hard work quite physically demanding but good team.