Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
SUPER 8 WINNIPEG - NO GOOD
Hotel Night Auditor/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL .Workplace discipline is VERY LOW . Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude.
Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SkSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Dealt with a lot of laziness
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
banquets serving and front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: was cool to see all the different types of weddings and working with amazing staff
Cons: very long hours
i really enjoyed working at the coast hotel this is when i started to realize i was into office administrator and book keeping and planning events . i worked 6 months in banquet serving for them and i got to learn all types of cool things when it came to booking weddings and meetings and how to decorate the place how to set up and train people on what to do they liked how well i worked that they offered me the position at front desk to help out which i really enjoyed as well
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Uncaring Upper Management.
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Standard experience restaurant
Cook (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Long hours, no advancement, no raises, no scheduling consistency
Long hours make for a dreary day. Very little support from management with little to no room to grow. Very demoralizing environment.
housekeeper (Current Employee), DieppeAugust 5, 2015
Pros: activities
Cons: over worked
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
great place to work
Front Desk manager Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Peace River, ABJuly 6, 2015
Pros: busy never bored
Cons: long hours up to 24hrs at a time
very fast paced environment, learning new things everyday, went from housekeeping supervisor to manager within 6 months. great opportunitys
productive and a fun place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJune 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: bad days to work
clean the pool and do tests for the chlorine
how to work alone and with others
everyone was awesome to work with and very friendly
best people to work with
coming back after lunch after a good meal
getting those hours in after a long hard day of work
Friendly Atmosphere
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Co-workers late, equipment failure and major guest issues.
I have enjoyed working here, learning the various reservation programs, among other things. Management is great to work with, co-workers are easy to get along with. Only left to find better wages and daytime hours so that I can afford to have my boys visit more regularly from out of province. Hardest part of the job is when something breaks down or a guest has a major issue with something within the room whether cleanliness, equipment failure or something else. Most enjoyable aspect is meeting new people, and learning new things.
Productive and fun workplace with snmiling co workers
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Leduc, ABMay 29, 2015
Cons: Long Hours
Typical day at work would be checks in and checks out gues,.answers inquiries and handles complaints ,interacts with
different kinds of people.
Lovely management
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 18, 2015
Main duties cleaning rooms and re stocking them. Great people to work for. Hard work quite physically demanding but good team.
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee), NIAGARA FALLSApril 24, 2015
Pros: FREE BREAKFAST
Cons: SHORTAGE OF STAFF
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Friendly and comfortble working enviornment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Risk associated with independent decision making
Usually I work during nights.

- My job responsibility is to manage all client information and stay in contact with them to manage a long term relationship for benefit of company.

- Also I have to do Auditing and Day close during nights and balance everything, after that making registration and checking in and checking out guests were my duties as front desk.

- Our manager is very nice and professional lady and I would say she manages everything really very well and she trained me personally for some of my duties.

- My co-workers are also very nice as they are team players and very supporting and helpful.

- Things I love a lot about my job are working at my own and taking my decision that helped both me and my company. They resulted in profit for my company and improved my decision making skills.

- hardest part of my jobs is that sometimes i have to deals with guest who are very rude, stubborn and talk non sense about everything but being in service industry i have to deal very politely with them and serve them as best as i can.
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKMarch 30, 2015
Pros: work at your own speed
Cons: no having anyone there to help you when you need it
the typical day at work can vary day to day, just like it can job to job. my last job my typical day would have been making beds cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming and light dusting
very good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2015
I worked there full time and part time .It was very good to work there and improved my skills and knowledge of housekeeping.
ok place to work
Maintenance Manager Best western &Ramada Inn (Current Employee), Stony Plain, ABMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly amostphere
Cons: unorganized in some departments
Too many chiefs , and communication problems , also uplink is not considered. Could be more productive , too much time wasted ..
I like the job but not much advacement that can come
Maintenance (Current Employee), Midland, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: budget to work with
Sooo far I been working at the Super 8. And I been enjoying working there but working in Maintenance sometimes it feels like trying to get equipment replace and/or upgraded is like pulling teeth. but the first week on the job I found I was getting equipment from my car to do repairs or buying tools (from my own pocket) to do repairs.

But other then that I enjoy working with the other staff. The job is really good in the sense that they been flexible with my schedule for when I need days off. Also job is more work at your own pace as long as the work is getting done and you have your cell phone on to get any emergency repairs, as well to work closely with the other staff to see if any thing need attending right away.
Good position to work your way up in.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: food services, able to advance, caring management
Cons: standing for long periods of time, can be stressful
As a Guest Service Agent, I have eight hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks as well as an unpaid half hour lunch. I stand for a vast majority of my shift and am the front line of the hotel. I process all guest check-ins and check-outs as well as answer phones, direct traffic, maintain the front desk and lobby as well as direct incoming calls to other departments and answer radio calls. Management is appreciate of their staff and have proven that with hard work it is easy to advance to upper level position both inside and outside your department. It does get very stressful during peak seasons if there are not enough employees to handle the amount of traffic, but generally there is enough work to keep you busy, but enough you are going full tilt for eight hours. The Ramada Plaza is a well maintained mid-sized hotel and the staff care dearly about the customers, so I never feel like I am encourage to neglect anyone. I really enjoyed my experience working for this independent location.
Clean and friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Learned a lot working here, friendly staff but lots of work and long hours.