Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

I always looked forward to going to going to the Ramada/
Guest Service Agent - Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 March 2017
A typical day at work is a little along these lines: Arrive, check in with the night audit to see how the night went, print all daily reports, review arriving guests, double check all billing information is correct, OTA bookings, check in/check out guests, process payments cash/credit/check, balance cash, floor checks and lock up building.
Pros
Free tea/coffee, you pay like 1 dollar per shift for a hot entree, fresh soup and salad every day. Yearly reviews and opportunity for raise and or promotion
Cons
No set schedule, back to back shifts (work 2:45pm - 11:15pm back in at 6:45am - 3:15pm the next day)
Good co-workers, developing reputation and improving conditions for guests
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC6 March 2017
Low salaries that are not equal to the demands and expectations of the position. Very high work-load demands. Typically do not offer breaks in my position. No review process for regular raises.

Good relationships between co-workers. Company in investing in infrastructures to improve guest experiences.
Pros
Good interaction between staff, a real family feel among the staff
Cons
Low salary, high staff turn-over, high-stress with demanding work-loads, no financial or medical benefits
Great Experience
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2017
My Hotel career started here, I will always be very grateful for all the training I received , I truly loved this job. I was hired as a Housekeeping Supervisor, and with hard work and dedication I became the Executive Housekeeper, I took every course offered to me and enjoyed every part of this job, learned so much about how to successfully run a property while providing the best customer service possible to all our guests. the management was fantastic, I would work for this company again given the opportunity.
Pros
the experience
Some good coworkers, Management needs work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Typical day there was overload of work and strict time line to complete. I learned skills in Customer service and how to adjust to very strict guidelines. the management could use a lot of work. The hardest part of the job was not having enough materials to complete the task at hand and having to go back every day for an hour to put items that had been left out. The Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet the demands of guests.
Cons
very long hours
fun work place
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 March 2017
i love working at wyndham hotels! i would love to eventually get a management job and travel around the world working at different hotels and experience different cultures
Pros
Free food most shifts
Cons
N/A
Production work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hartland, NB29 June 2016
A typical day at work depends on how everything runs, sometimes things break down and need to be fixed so we are down for awhile, could depend on how long it will take for it to be fixed, sometimes anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. I learned how to be patient, how to inspect chips and what they should look like, how kettle chips are cooked. Management is good. My co-workers are good to me. hardest part of my job is standing in one spot for a long period time and dealing with the heat. the most enjoyable part of my job is break time and when the shift is done.
Pros
20% discount on food
A family away from home
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB1 April 2016
Wyndham Hotels was a great place to work. I personally tried to work at other hotel chains but always found myself back at Super 8. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by staff with open arms, they not only care about their guests but also care about each other. I found my experience at Super 8 by Wyndham to be more than a career. We were family, we helped each other.

In both locations that I worked Management was incredible, Pay wasn't as good as I believe it should be especially night audit but it is good enough to live off of. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it happens quick to make your way up in the company but it will and does happen if you work hard. They made everyone a schedule that not only would work for the company but for you as well, not many shifts needed to be switched. There was nothing I didn't like about this company.

I absolutely love this company and hope to continue a career with them.
Pros
Good Management, Helpful Employees, A Fantastic Enviroment
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 March 2017
Great Place to work

Employees were fun and created a team focused environment
Very understaning Employer who is patient and was willing to help
Good focus on staff team building fun
Pros
Good benefits
Good working enviroment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 January 2017
Basically Super8 gets a good amount of guests but its enjoyable to coordinate with every guest and try to satisfy every guests needs.
Pros
Fun to coordinate with guests
Cons
Its sometime hectic to work for 9 long hours
Free breakfast
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Work was a per room basis and did not depend on the actual time of hours spent working. Supervisor was not fair. Manager was only listening to the supervisor and not to the staff.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Long hours in rooms
General feel of WorldMark
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
It is a great company to work for, but if you aren't interested in working for the hospitality industry then it's not the place to start off a career. Growth is very slim.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No room for growth.
Productive, easy going
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chowchilla CA28 March 2017
Working here is calm, nice, it's a good place for anyone to work especially if you don't like going out. however you get no sleep because they want you to work full weeks straight and you're the only worker there. You basically get no sleep because hotels are always busy. People come in and out. It's productive if course. NOT WORTH THE PAY
Pros
Lunches any time, homework time, free time
Cons
if you work 24 hours you get 100$ instead of getting paid per hour, no sleep
such a beautiful place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK21 November 2016
Very nice working with people with kind heart .No work pressure , less stress , Flexible working hours but poor management , no growth ,nothing to learn much .
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Nothing to learn more
Don't let people down you
Sales & Marketing Manager ( Guest Services) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 August 2016
AL ways look for positive things in your life. Accept Challenges be more professional no matter what stops you.Working with best companies so far some time you feel like others are not that professionals and compatible in business. i like being myself and give my 110% but as long as your management have faith in you.
Pros
Cons
Not Really
Decent Job, sloppy management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 November 2016
I loved the work, I enjoyed going in everyday in a suit. My only real complaint about the particular hotel I worked at, was the Management. The were biased and inexperienced.
Pros
Great job
Plesant co-workers, good environment
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Everyday I met new people and helped guests to make their stay a desirable one. I grew close to my co-workers and enjoyed going into work everyday. I learned how to better communicate and to work well with others. The managers were always willing to help me out with any inquiries and helped mold me into a better front desk attendant. I do miss my job there and my co-workers but we now live out of Sudbury and the commute would be too far with my two small children in school.
Pros
Free meals, Enjoyable work place
High paced and exciting workplace
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
Extremely high paced work environment with long hours. I found the job to be exciting and fun however the company owners were not as involved as I would have imagined them to be,.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 February 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, enjoy working by myself, not a team player. A typical day at work would include organize your work area and ensure safety for yourself and others.
Fun place to work with coworkers n staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB4 October 2016
Best place to stay n work..management is awesome n very polite i recommend to all to find work very interesting n will worth it.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
self motivated; love learning new things. Catch on very quickly!
Housekeeping/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 March 2017
Never late, do what i am told, dont stop until the work is done. work is easy if you do what you love. im a people person and i like seeing new faces everyday. :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

74%