Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 6, 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
same as any hotel when getting ready to clean rooms
it was a very friendly work place the management was the
greatest of all always there when you need them the co-workers are always there when you need help
the most thing I liked there was how friendly people were
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sore feet
Great Place
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good place to work and develop my skills as a supervisor, strong communication between departments. Enjoyed my time here and only left because I was moving cities.
Lots of work
Head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Never had a slow day, there was always plenty to be done and keep busy with. Appreciated the hours, nothing i hate more then a job with a lot of standing around.
Pros
Free Lunches on Saturdays
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Excellent place to work with nice management and always up for challenging. Not all the days are same so was always exciting to solve new challenges and improve my knowledge in communication and how to deal with conflicts.
Management always gave their support with their workers
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 26, 2015
This hotel management gave me an opportunity to work with them even I don't have Canadian experience. They gave their full trust for me. That's why I also gave my very best to do my job and never disappoint them. Management and co-workers are really so nice. We treat each others as family.
Pros
Free foods, free accommodation
fun place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 23, 2015
colleagues and management is cooperative and supportive.
good location of hotel in Niagara falls but business gets slow down in winters.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
NA
Customer service
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
I have 1 year experience in customer service canada.
I like also hotel industry job. every day new face check in and check out. every days new experience
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable work place, nice enviroment and was able to meet plenty of new people and get to learn about different lifestyles of different types of people
productive and fun Work enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCNovember 11, 2015
I worked for Super 8 Motel in Dawson Creek for 3 years where i met lots of people and learned about different companies and what they did. The staff and Management where very friendly and out going always there to help with what ever a person needed
Pros
Clean Fun and Got Great deals on stays at other super 8 motels
Cons
notrhing to write here
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, onOctober 9, 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Bowling and Bingo
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2015
The management is really nice coordination and communication for the staff. My co-workers is friendly and helping each other with a team work and I enjoyed my self to work different race and I also some learned about the culture and some techniques in work place. And I really appreciate all of them. And one more thing is respect to your co-workers and love your job!!!

The most enjoyable in my job is a lot of fun just like during summer we have the barbe-Q party,christmas party theres a lot of give aways,during rodeo all staff have wearing uniform and also the hallowen party!!! Itssss fun fun fun!!!
Pros
free breakfast
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  kelowna BCOctober 7, 2015
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Pros
great managment
Cons
i dont have any
Fast-paced, labour intensive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONOctober 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job was lifting out, and making the sofa beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I learned how to make hotel-grade beds, and how to fold sheets to hotel standards.
SUPER 8 WINNIPEG - NO GOOD
Hotel Night Auditor/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
GENERAL MANAGER IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL .Workplace discipline is VERY LOW . Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was to deal with some managers attitude.
Outstanding Guests
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SkSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work environment with pleasant co-workers. Meeting new people every day, as well as greeting returning guests into the hotel. Was able to learn to remain calm, not to panic or not get frustrated when things got a little tough or busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the numerous relationships I made with the guests.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Dealt with a lot of laziness
banquets serving and front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 7, 2015
i really enjoyed working at the coast hotel this is when i started to realize i was into office administrator and book keeping and planning events . i worked 6 months in banquet serving for them and i got to learn all types of cool things when it came to booking weddings and meetings and how to decorate the place how to set up and train people on what to do they liked how well i worked that they offered me the position at front desk to help out which i really enjoyed as well
Pros
was cool to see all the different types of weddings and working with amazing staff
Cons
very long hours
Good People, Bad Property
Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 10, 2015
It's like being on the Titanic. The people are great, the atmosphere is amazing, but in the end, you're still on a sinking ship.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Uncaring Upper Management.
Standard experience restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 9, 2015
Long hours make for a dreary day. Very little support from management with little to no room to grow. Very demoralizing environment.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, no advancement, no raises, no scheduling consistency
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  DieppeAugust 5, 2015
Over worked at times , but we all get along and work as a team to get our job done. long hours , sometimes working 8-11 hours per day .. supervisor sometimes too strict
Pros
activities
Cons
over worked