Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCTIVE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee), NIAGARA FALLSApril 24, 2015
Pros: FREE BREAKFAST
Cons: SHORTAGE OF STAFF
IT WAS ALWAYS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I LEARNED A LOT MANY THINGS WHILE WORKING HERE. IT WAS FUN WORKING ON THE CRS SYSTEM. I LEARNED HOW TO DO NIGHT AUDIT OVER HERE WHICH WAS A NEW LEARNING FOR ME. WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
Friendly and comfortble working enviornment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Risk associated with independent decision making
Usually I work during nights.

- My job responsibility is to manage all client information and stay in contact with them to manage a long term relationship for benefit of company.

- Also I have to do Auditing and Day close during nights and balance everything, after that making registration and checking in and checking out guests were my duties as front desk.

- Our manager is very nice and professional lady and I would say she manages everything really very well and she trained me personally for some of my duties.

- My co-workers are also very nice as they are team players and very supporting and helpful.

- Things I love a lot about my job are working at my own and taking my decision that helped both me and my company. They resulted in profit for my company and improved my decision making skills.

- hardest part of my jobs is that sometimes i have to deals with guest who are very rude, stubborn and talk non sense about everything but being in service industry i have to deal very politely with them and serve them as best as i can.
Loved working in the travel tourism industry.
Front Desk/Relief Auditor/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Generally a fun place to work. Only drawback was the hotel was the only hotel on the airport strip to accept cash at night. We had a lot of undesirables and no security. Too often worked alone at night. With some troubling incidences I came to believe my life was in danger and so decided to leave before something bad happened. GM was not very understanding of the risks involved in this type of work.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKMarch 30, 2015
Pros: work at your own speed
Cons: no having anyone there to help you when you need it
the typical day at work can vary day to day, just like it can job to job. my last job my typical day would have been making beds cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming and light dusting
very good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 21, 2015
I worked there full time and part time .It was very good to work there and improved my skills and knowledge of housekeeping.
ok place to work
Maintenance Manager Best western &Ramada Inn (Current Employee), Stony Plain, ABMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly amostphere
Cons: unorganized in some departments
Too many chiefs , and communication problems , also uplink is not considered. Could be more productive , too much time wasted ..
I like the job but not much advacement that can come
Maintenance (Current Employee), Midland, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: budget to work with
Sooo far I been working at the Super 8. And I been enjoying working there but working in Maintenance sometimes it feels like trying to get equipment replace and/or upgraded is like pulling teeth. but the first week on the job I found I was getting equipment from my car to do repairs or buying tools (from my own pocket) to do repairs.

But other then that I enjoy working with the other staff. The job is really good in the sense that they been flexible with my schedule for when I need days off. Also job is more work at your own pace as long as the work is getting done and you have your cell phone on to get any emergency repairs, as well to work closely with the other staff to see if any thing need attending right away.
Good position to work your way up in.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: food services, able to advance, caring management
Cons: standing for long periods of time, can be stressful
As a Guest Service Agent, I have eight hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks as well as an unpaid half hour lunch. I stand for a vast majority of my shift and am the front line of the hotel. I process all guest check-ins and check-outs as well as answer phones, direct traffic, maintain the front desk and lobby as well as direct incoming calls to other departments and answer radio calls. Management is appreciate of their staff and have proven that with hard work it is easy to advance to upper level position both inside and outside your department. It does get very stressful during peak seasons if there are not enough employees to handle the amount of traffic, but generally there is enough work to keep you busy, but enough you are going full tilt for eight hours. The Ramada Plaza is a well maintained mid-sized hotel and the staff care dearly about the customers, so I never feel like I am encourage to neglect anyone. I really enjoyed my experience working for this independent location.
Clean and friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Learned a lot working here, friendly staff but lots of work and long hours.
ok
HouseKeeper (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKDecember 31, 2014
This place was ok to work at. The best part was going home early the worst was the jacuzzi room
I would work there again
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Fernie, BCDecember 6, 2014
Very well run business. Family welcome. I enjoyed the guest interactions and the casual atmosphere. The Owners take great pride in their business and accommodate staff as best as possible.
hotel housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heavy work
hi good day i work as housekeeper I learned a lot of thing fixing beds, how to clean properly. the management is good and nice, and also my co worker, the hardest part is carrying bed sheet and we need to move fast but i handle it. the most enjoyable part of the job is I meet different people.
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: full time pay my bills
Cons: not enough hour of work
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment.
The Most Enjoyable part of the Job
Night Auditor (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 7, 2014
Having a hospitality background, customer service and guest satisfaction is what I like about my job.
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Productive Night Shifts on the Frontline and Banquet Kitchen
3rd Line Cook/Banquet Cook (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: one free meal every shift.
Cons: it's a hotel restaurant so business in the dinning room is a hit and miss.
A typical Day at work starts off by sanitation and making sure all tools and equipment are sharpened, clean and safe to use.
I prepare the Frontline setup which consists of filling up all the ingredient inserts and fridges. I check if everything is fresh and usable for the next 3 days coming. Once the rush starts, I help out my other coworkers with orders as well as room services.

I learned to deal with the stress, and long hours that some restaurants and hotels offer. I learned to take my time and do what is asked the right way/the way the chef wants it without cutting corners.

The hardest part of my job would be the plated banquets. ( lots of dishes prepared at the same time can cause confusion and/or a mix-up of ingredients.)

The enjoyable part of my job would be the amount of respect and care all of the employees ( Chefs, other Cooks, Porters, Staff) have for each other. There's barely any negativity in the kitchen which is key in some places.
Flexible workplace where you are able to enjoy a work-life balance.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Bowmanville OntarioOctober 5, 2014
I enjoy working here as it allows me to use my self-management skills.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
 Interacted with the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner.
 Checked and tallied accounts of all departments in the hotel.
 Handled cash transactions and produce a timely report.
 Maintained a daily balance of the transactions, reconciliation and final reports and forward the same to accounting centers.
 Balanced and tallied cash in hand against invoices.
 Reconciled the cashier’s report.
 Processed the journal entries, balanced the accounts and audited the same to check for accuracy.
 Completed the audit summary for all the shifts keeping policies and procedures into consideration.
 Helped in booking room reservation, answering phone calls, taking messages for guests and notified them about the same.
 Ensured that necessary desk information was submitted to shift manager.
fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free use of pool and gym during my tenure.
Cons: no benifits.
fun place to work. able to meet lotsof people from different walks of life. great management and co-workers.
summer job
Room Attendant/Maintenance (Former Employee), Drumheller, ABSeptember 17, 2014
It is a fast paced good work environment with a ton of perks. It was a good summer job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos