Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Excellent people to work for.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON1 December 2017
Great family business to work for at the Port Elgin Super 8. Worked rotating shifts. Had opportunity to take on extra hours as needed. Enjoyed the job. Good Wyndham discount.
ok
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2017
Its a okay place to work. You can get as many hours you want as far as you stay loyal to your manager. working hours could be hectic at times. Holidays has to be decided in advanced.
Rewarding but terrible staffing.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON17 November 2017
I enjoyed my job tremendously and had a lot of fun but the environment was extremely dramatic and toxic. The company is great but if you try to bring up issues with things against labor laws they wont take you seriously.
Pros
tips, discounts, great guests
Cons
no set hours, very bad at responding to complaints about things that went against labor laws
Good work team and management..
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  High Prairie, AB8 November 2017
Good work team. Enjoy working with individuals and meeting new people. I like to learn new things from others to build up my skills for the future. I like being around people who are hardworking, responsible and punctual.
Pros
Free meals and accomidations with good salary
Work
Housekeeper/ Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB28 October 2017
Was a good part time job. They were nice people to work for and understanding to my situation. Everyone got a long well. Hours were decent for a hotel.
Housekiiping and janitorial
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
My daily Activity was housekeeping or Room attendant. In order to satisfaction to Customers it has to be open Face and more Welcomed. Sometime when I Found Anything in the room Customer left, I was Reported to the Management Right away
Cons
nice and neat place to work for
Ajax - Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 October 2017
open and close petty cash, check in and out customers
good management , friendly and fun place to be where you meet new
customers, build a relationship with repeat customers,
enjoyed helping the housekeeping employees when I had a free time
there is no hard part on this job i had face.
Pros
start early and leaving early, read magazine when there is no customers or administrative job to do
excellent place to work
Group Sales Manager / Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 October 2017
overall to meet and greet new people always a interesting character to meet every day
new people and good people that keep coming back
see some old faces and always greet the new faces with a smile
I have grown to love group sales and all the challenges it comes with
Having long discussions with group owners and establishing new clientele
The most part is all the employees you make good friends with the happy ones and the not so happy people
overall the work places are always happy go lucky and happy to see you first thing in morning and first thing at end of your shift
The hardest part of any job is when you have to let someone go or see them leave you have a good report with them and there still leaving
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
Housekeeping Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 September 2017
I did scheduling, payroll, worked side by side with maintenance. On the daily basis I supervised and assigned task sheets for 30 plus employees in gousekeeping and in laundry.
Pros
I grew within the company rather fast.
Cons
Under new managemnt
Nice place for starters
SALES & MARKETING COODINATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
Nice place for learning / exposure , management is also great, the pay is okay though, the hours are flexible , job culture is good too, the benefits are not that great.
Wheels inn
Cleaning rooms (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 September 2017
Cleaning rooms, experience in kids I also work in a day camp, I even have a 4 year old son that just started school this year . Im looking for a job because my son is in school now and I would like to make a little bit of money to support him in school and in every school event . Right now im at stay at home mom , but Im willing to work because I have more time on my hands.
Cons
Only part time
Enjoyable
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2017
I enjoyed the friendly competition we had going between like hotels. My hotel always won so it was pretty awesome being able to go to Vegas once a year with all expenses paid. Great company to work for however they aren't to forth coming with the raises.
relaxed but organized enviroment
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC1 September 2017
I had an opportunity to meet some great people from all over the country. also all of the skills learned from here were put forward into personal and home life. very helpful staff and supervisors.
Pros
breaks when buisiness slowed.
Cons
occasional grumpy people
Many great co workers
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 August 2017
Spent my adult life with this company. Was a manager with promo account for food and beverage per month.Required to shovel much snow in the winter. Appreciate summers as outside work much more enjoyable.
Busy but fun working with employees
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC31 August 2017
It's a good working place, learn a lot from employees and have fun with them by working as a group and a good team work. Even though we worked hard during the busy days we still have fun.
Pros
We always eat together for lunch.
Cons
Long hours hours specially during busy time.
opportunity for career growth
MAINTENANCE PERSON (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 August 2017
A typical day at work involves going around the hotel to check things that needs to be fix. The management is great because they give you opportunity to grow in your career. The staff are nice and cooperative. Its like a family there. The hardest part of the job was during winter since we have to stay outside for an hour to make sure there was no slippery spots. The company provides parties during Christmas, end of summer BBQ and participate in gold star award every year.
Pros
Everyone treats you like a family
Good reception skills obtained
Guest Services Attendant [Part-Time] (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 August 2017
Obtained good reception and customer service skills while working here. Checked guests in and out and ensured they were enjoying their stay. This type of organization will be helpful in a kennel setting as well
for customer service representative
Server and customer service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2017
in a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals, i completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filling and greeting customers, i also provide strong customer service and resolved customers issues.
Cons
in a typical day in my last position
Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 August 2017
This family owned business is a great place to work. The family owns and operates this business and sometimes in my experience its not a great work atmosphere, but this family super-cedes that perception. They really are all about the customer and the experience. Really great place to work
good
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 August 2017
I enjoy working with the team. but management sucked, they never let me go to my full abilities, I feel like they fired me over stupid reasons, none that I approved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.