Wyndham Vacation Ownership
1,554 reviews

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I would work there again
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Fernie, BCDecember 6, 2014
Very well run business. Family welcome. I enjoyed the guest interactions and the casual atmosphere. The Owners take great pride in their business and accommodate staff as best as possible.
hotel housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heavy work
hi good day i work as housekeeper I learned a lot of thing fixing beds, how to clean properly. the management is good and nice, and also my co worker, the hardest part is carrying bed sheet and we need to move fast but i handle it. the most enjoyable part of the job is I meet different people.
great
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Leamington, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: full time pay my bills
Cons: not enough hour of work
I work just 16 hours a week since I was transfer to bulk food,
Start my day by walking to work 45 min.usually a halve hour
early,than I punch in at 8am start by cleaning the bulk area wipe off all bulk bin lids and refill them daily. Than I restock the bulk barrels on wall than go check the would of snack rack and fill this area as well than walk home.

I – more... am well receive by my co-workers and management team, there all great to work with and enjoy working with me. The hardest part is working part time hours for the last 9 years . Weather I'm in bakery or now bulk food all my tasks are enjoyable and great source of accomplishment. – less
The Most Enjoyable part of the Job
Night Auditor (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 7, 2014
Having a hospitality background, customer service and guest satisfaction is what I like about my job.
Reliable and well organised
Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
I learnt to be more Self-motivated, dependable, hard working, punctual, prioritize tasks and able to manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously. I also improve in my ability to work under pressure, attention to detail, knowledgeable of safety practices related to housekeeping and meeting timeline in fast-paced and safe environment.
Productive Night Shifts on the Frontline and Banquet Kitchen
3rd Line Cook/Banquet Cook (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: one free meal every shift.
Cons: it's a hotel restaurant so business in the dinning room is a hit and miss.
A typical Day at work starts off by sanitation and making sure all tools and equipment are sharpened, clean and safe to use.
I prepare the Frontline setup which consists of filling up all the ingredient inserts and fridges. I check if everything is fresh and usable for the next 3 days coming. Once the rush starts, I help out my other coworkers with – more... orders as well as room services.

I learned to deal with the stress, and long hours that some restaurants and hotels offer. I learned to take my time and do what is asked the right way/the way the chef wants it without cutting corners.

The hardest part of my job would be the plated banquets. ( lots of dishes prepared at the same time can cause confusion and/or a mix-up of ingredients.)

The enjoyable part of my job would be the amount of respect and care all of the employees ( Chefs, other Cooks, Porters, Staff) have for each other. There's barely any negativity in the kitchen which is key in some places. – less
Flexible workplace where you are able to enjoy a work-life balance.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Bowmanville OntarioOctober 5, 2014
I enjoy working here as it allows me to use my self-management skills.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
 Interacted with the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner.
 Checked and tallied accounts of all departments in the hotel.
 Handled cash transactions and produce a timely report.
 Maintained a daily balance of the transactions, reconciliation and final reports and forward the same to accounting centers.
 Balanced and tallied cash in hand – more... against invoices.
 Reconciled the cashier’s report.
 Processed the journal entries, balanced the accounts and audited the same to check for accuracy.
 Completed the audit summary for all the shifts keeping policies and procedures into consideration.
 Helped in booking room reservation, answering phone calls, taking messages for guests and notified them about the same.
 Ensured that necessary desk information was submitted to shift manager. – less
fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free use of pool and gym during my tenure.
Cons: no benifits.
fun place to work. able to meet lotsof people from different walks of life. great management and co-workers.
summer job
Room Attendant/Maintenance (Former Employee), Drumheller, ABSeptember 17, 2014
It is a fast paced good work environment with a ton of perks. It was a good summer job.
Fun loving, Values every employee and Guest
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 12, 2014
Amazing work environment with the friendliest of staff who work hard to make people happy. It is very rewarding to work for this company. You will get to know many different people while working here. You will better yourself in computer skills and communication skills. Everyday is different, which makes it exciting.
Busy, Fun & Great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Owen Sound, OntarioAugust 28, 2014
Management was amazing!

Staff very friendly, tight knit.

Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
great experience
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great working enviroment
As a night auditor I mostly worked alone. I booked guest into the hotel, made sure their stay was pleasant and did the shift end report. I had a great experience working for the super 8 and obtained lots of knowledge around being a night auditor.
Professional work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free car wash coupons
Ensured all Rooms status when i start the work everyday. Also checked all log books, Cash Handling Procedure and check outs and reservations of the day.

Learned to work in a professional environment.

Co-workers were helpful

Management was Great.

When there is no entry of any guest request in the log book and guest get upset with service was the – more... hardest part of the job. – less
grate experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2014
while working at the travelodge i made some grate friends and had an amazing experience working there. the environment was grate and the learning curve/ training was grate the workers are very dedicated and patient with one another.
A typical workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 15, 2014
greet the people arrange all the facility
give best hospitality to guest
N/A
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora ,ONJune 19, 2014
N/A

Free breakfast.
Crazy hours.
No security at night.
Not a good place to work to long.
horrible unenjoyable job experience
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: pay, management, hours
do not work here, worst job of your life. bad management, bad pay. do not make good experiences for guests; overall hotel is in very poor shape and not well managed
boring
Breakfast Bar Clerk (Former Employee), High Level, ABMay 28, 2014
very tedious duties.....staff difficult to get along with
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2014
customer service and front desk work
nice co-workers
good management system

1 2 3 4 5

About Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO) offers vacationers a (time) share of paradise. A top supplier and marketer of timeshare vacation – Read more

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Photos