Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Group Sales Manager / Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 October 2017
overall to meet and greet new people always a interesting character to meet every day
new people and good people that keep coming back
see some old faces and always greet the new faces with a smile
I have grown to love group sales and all the challenges it comes with
Having long discussions with group owners and establishing new clientele
The most part is all the employees you make good friends with the happy ones and the not so happy people
overall the work places are always happy go lucky and happy to see you first thing in morning and first thing at end of your shift
The hardest part of any job is when you have to let someone go or see them leave you have a good report with them and there still leaving
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
Housekeeping Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 September 2017
I did scheduling, payroll, worked side by side with maintenance. On the daily basis I supervised and assigned task sheets for 30 plus employees in gousekeeping and in laundry.
Pros
I grew within the company rather fast.
Cons
Under new managemnt
Nice place for starters
SALES & MARKETING COODINATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
Nice place for learning / exposure , management is also great, the pay is okay though, the hours are flexible , job culture is good too, the benefits are not that great.
Wheels inn
Cleaning rooms (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 September 2017
Cleaning rooms, experience in kids I also work in a day camp, I even have a 4 year old son that just started school this year . Im looking for a job because my son is in school now and I would like to make a little bit of money to support him in school and in every school event . Right now im at stay at home mom , but Im willing to work because I have more time on my hands.
Cons
Only part time
Enjoyable
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2017
I enjoyed the friendly competition we had going between like hotels. My hotel always won so it was pretty awesome being able to go to Vegas once a year with all expenses paid. Great company to work for however they aren't to forth coming with the raises.
relaxed but organized enviroment
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC1 September 2017
I had an opportunity to meet some great people from all over the country. also all of the skills learned from here were put forward into personal and home life. very helpful staff and supervisors.
Pros
breaks when buisiness slowed.
Cons
occasional grumpy people
Many great co workers
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 August 2017
Spent my adult life with this company. Was a manager with promo account for food and beverage per month.Required to shovel much snow in the winter. Appreciate summers as outside work much more enjoyable.
Busy but fun working with employees
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC31 August 2017
It's a good working place, learn a lot from employees and have fun with them by working as a group and a good team work. Even though we worked hard during the busy days we still have fun.
Pros
We always eat together for lunch.
Cons
Long hours hours specially during busy time.
opportunity for career growth
MAINTENANCE PERSON (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 August 2017
A typical day at work involves going around the hotel to check things that needs to be fix. The management is great because they give you opportunity to grow in your career. The staff are nice and cooperative. Its like a family there. The hardest part of the job was during winter since we have to stay outside for an hour to make sure there was no slippery spots. The company provides parties during Christmas, end of summer BBQ and participate in gold star award every year.
Pros
Everyone treats you like a family
Good reception skills obtained
Guest Services Attendant [Part-Time] (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 August 2017
Obtained good reception and customer service skills while working here. Checked guests in and out and ensured they were enjoying their stay. This type of organization will be helpful in a kennel setting as well
for customer service representative
Server and customer service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2017
in a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals, i completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filling and greeting customers, i also provide strong customer service and resolved customers issues.
Cons
in a typical day in my last position
Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 August 2017
This family owned business is a great place to work. The family owns and operates this business and sometimes in my experience its not a great work atmosphere, but this family super-cedes that perception. They really are all about the customer and the experience. Really great place to work
good
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 August 2017
I enjoy working with the team. but management sucked, they never let me go to my full abilities, I feel like they fired me over stupid reasons, none that I approved
Lots of work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 July 2017
Being a house keeping is a challenge for me.
But, I have a really good time in there.
People are friendly and kind.
There is quite busy right now, but busy is good for got a higher pay.
4 floors of uncaring managers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2017
this job overall is the absolute worst place I have ever worked, the management were two faced and overly incompetent at most tasks relating to working with people.
Pros
free food if you work the overnight
Cons
no free food if you work the days
richard's resume
front desk agent (Current Employee) –  howard johnson yorkville26 July 2017
typical days of work, I work once in a week and I cover someone's shift as needed. I have learned a lot about team work and company's policies. Management did good job to make me to experience
about a lot of things. Hardest part was making decision.
Pros
experienced work
Cons
no job security
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB25 July 2017
usually just cleaned rooms everyday remake beds and knock on doors asking if they need anything usually folded laundry for that job and kept everything organized
good company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 July 2017
this is a good company to work for overall, they treat their staff with respect. they are honest. the pay and benefits are good, there is really not much that I can say bad about this company.
I enjoyed my job
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PA19 July 2017
I have no idea what to say, it was good place with good location and
in very very good city.

There was very good people and I never has to face any problem.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
i can work with school boards, hospital , offices , companys as janitor or maintenance worker.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
able to work independently and excellent team worker and strong work ethics.
have high standard of cleanliness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.