Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

Front Desk Reception
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 18, 2016
You're tasked to do several things at this location, Cleaning. Cleaning of the front lobby is a must. You must check on it at least several time during a shift to insure quality control.

You must also take in customers checking in or checking out during early to late hours of the day, Not only are you doing that but you must also insure that when customers call via landline you must also help them with there needs, such as booking future check in dates or assist them on pricing plans for staying at the Inn.

When you're not working on floor or greeting customers into the Inn you are tasked to work on several company based programs to insure the daily quota is correct ((Not going into detail)).
Career and skills improvement
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 18, 2016
As a front desk clerk, I dealt with checking in customers at the hotel, by having to create a registration card. I have work many different shifts there, morning, afternoon, and night (audit) shift. Each shift is a little different but all of them helped me to provide customer service to my fullest ability. I have learned to use different software to check in/out customers, deal with over the phone bookings, making sure every room is cleaned after housekeeping is done, and complete the audit for the day which includes counting money and business sales for the day. The management was great and efficient there, always hard working and helped me to provide my best ability to customer service.
Pros
Gained strong social and service skills
Cons
Night hours sometimes 'felt' long.
Hard worker
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ONJune 2, 2016
As an ambitious, hard worker, I am a fast learner with the ability to follow instructions and perform tasks in a safe manner. My military experience taught me discipline, endurance and the ability to cope with high stress situations.
Cons
flexible to work any shift available for long hours
my day as a housekeeper, dishwasher , factory worker
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 1, 2016
I would have 15 rooms a day to clean before 3pm . I would go in strip all my beds and check under to make sure there was no garbage or someone forgot something in the room bring it to the front desk and go back to clean all my rooms .

A day as a dishwasher clean all dishes for party night before or help chef cut up vegetables and help clean his area .

A day as a factory worker put a pellet together for shipment and boxes together plus clean my area then swipe the whole factory before leaving the day.

I enjoyed all my jobs and would do it again I love being a team member . I am a hard worker and honest worker and never came in to my jobs with out a smile on my face .
Pros
meeting great people and having friends and location
Cons
not getting enough hours and hate dealing with bad postive people .
Great Place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 14, 2016
We all were collegiate who were working there. So that was a great experience of my life.That was my first job in Canada and I learned more about the people in Canada, different cultures, about so many things. I gained confidence to work with different kind of people.
Pros
Free food, Free ride, Tips
i enjoyed life when i worked there
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCMarch 23, 2016
when i worked there it was good fast passed day, independent work, my co-workers liked to complain a lot but you can get that anywhere the hardest part of the job would be getting called in 15 minutes before your shift starts and it takes you half an hour to get there.
A family away from home
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBApril 1, 2016
Wyndham Hotels was a great place to work. I personally tried to work at other hotel chains but always found myself back at Super 8. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by staff with open arms, they not only care about their guests but also care about each other. I found my experience at Super 8 by Wyndham to be more than a career. We were family, we helped each other.

In both locations that I worked Management was incredible, Pay wasn't as good as I believe it should be especially night audit but it is good enough to live off of. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it happens quick to make your way up in the company but it will and does happen if you work hard. They made everyone a schedule that not only would work for the company but for you as well, not many shifts needed to be switched. There was nothing I didn't like about this company.

I absolutely love this company and hope to continue a career with them.
Pros
Good Management, Helpful Employees, A Fantastic Enviroment
Cons
It helps me a lot while working in this hotel.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 22, 2016
It helps me to handle customers/guests in a professional and helpful manner. Manage the registration process, handles guest check-in and check-outs appropriately for the hotel and maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality.
Management always gave their support with their workers
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 26, 2015
This hotel management gave me an opportunity to work with them even I don't have Canadian experience. They gave their full trust for me. That's why I also gave my very best to do my job and never disappoint them. Management and co-workers are really so nice. We treat each others as family.
Pros
Free foods, free accommodation
Cons
fun and helpful but the pay is under for the hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoy the busy work environment the employees are great and the bosses are amazing always open and make you feel important and heard. i love my job but it dosnt stay steady for a single mother to live on so im looking for steady work.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
same as any hotel when getting ready to clean rooms
it was a very friendly work place the management was the
greatest of all always there when you need them the co-workers are always there when you need help
the most thing I liked there was how friendly people were
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sore feet
housekeeping
HouseKeeper (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 8, 2016
not much to say about about being a housekeeper..i enjoy working with my co workers I learned a lot from each of them I enjoyed going to work each day ..great front desk staff
Review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I would check guests in and out. Handle any concerns. Do the night audit. Set up the coffee counter. Do light housekeeping chores. I loved working in the public with the people.
Pros
working with people
Cons
only part time hours
productive and fun Work enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCNovember 11, 2015
I worked for Super 8 Motel in Dawson Creek for 3 years where i met lots of people and learned about different companies and what they did. The staff and Management where very friendly and out going always there to help with what ever a person needed
Pros
Clean Fun and Got Great deals on stays at other super 8 motels
Cons
notrhing to write here
Franchise
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 13, 2016
The people are good but the company policy and the way they work are bad. There are a lot of things they need to change but the didn't
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Excellent place to work with nice management and always up for challenging. Not all the days are same so was always exciting to solve new challenges and improve my knowledge in communication and how to deal with conflicts.
It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 6, 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
Bowling and Bingo
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2015
The management is really nice coordination and communication for the staff. My co-workers is friendly and helping each other with a team work and I enjoyed my self to work different race and I also some learned about the culture and some techniques in work place. And I really appreciate all of them. And one more thing is respect to your co-workers and love your job!!!

The most enjoyable in my job is a lot of fun just like during summer we have the barbe-Q party,christmas party theres a lot of give aways,during rodeo all staff have wearing uniform and also the hallowen party!!! Itssss fun fun fun!!!
Pros
free breakfast
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, onOctober 9, 2015
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Pros
Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons
No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  kelowna BCOctober 7, 2015
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Pros
great managment
Cons
i dont have any

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews by Location