Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Decent Job, sloppy management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON9 November 2016
I loved the work, I enjoyed going in everyday in a suit. My only real complaint about the particular hotel I worked at, was the Management. The were biased and inexperienced.
Pros
Great job
General feel of WorldMark
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
It is a great company to work for, but if you aren't interested in working for the hospitality industry then it's not the place to start off a career. Growth is very slim.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No room for growth.
my out look
Housekeeper and front desk (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS26 October 2016
busses at moments , like taking phone calls for guest who wish to visit the motel and make arrangements for them to stay at the motel, helping laundry room mates out with keep up with their own Landry work and mine , and helping modes to clean room
Pros
50 luch break, and 2-10 minutes breaks
Plesant co-workers, good environment
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel. Everyday I met new people and helped guests to make their stay a desirable one. I grew close to my co-workers and enjoyed going into work everyday. I learned how to better communicate and to work well with others. The managers were always willing to help me out with any inquiries and helped mold me into a better front desk attendant. I do miss my job there and my co-workers but we now live out of Sudbury and the commute would be too far with my two small children in school.
Pros
Free meals, Enjoyable work place
Boring and troublesome
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2016
Dealing with drunk unruly people who tend to cause trouble is what takes most of your work day up. Besides that there is considerable amount of downtime waiting for specific email. Auditing is generally easy.

You need energetic co-workers otherwise you'll be bored to death.
Fun place to work with coworkers n staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinton, AB4 October 2016
Best place to stay n work..management is awesome n very polite i recommend to all to find work very interesting n will worth it.
Pros
Awesome
Near the Falls
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 October 2016
This job was a good job as you got to promote the falls

This was a great spot has there was lots to do in this area and there was so much that you could promote.

I worked with great co-workers and we worked well as a team.
Pros
Indoor pool
Cons
No Breaks
Great management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2016
Management is great. Supportive, nurturing and understanding. Committed to employees needs via providing a comfortable working environment. smiles all around.
its fun
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 September 2016
great place to start work for. and i learned alot and meet new people that are fun and out going, so i still do talk to those friends.. they have a beautiful job ethic.
High paced and exciting workplace
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
Extremely high paced work environment with long hours. I found the job to be exciting and fun however the company owners were not as involved as I would have imagined them to be,.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Great Work Environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
I start early at around 6.30am,
I print the bank statements and update the cashflow in Excel, then I go to the email I receive from the night Auditor and Post the Room revenue and the Credit card into Sage.
I deal with the Accounts Receivables and Payables
Print and mail our Cheques.
End of month enter room revenue into the Wyndham.
Oversee hotel with the Manager.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No Cons
Good Place
Collect payment for beverages and record sales (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2016
Good place to work I thoroughly enjoyed it because of the flexibility and the hours that were available to us as employees. I would highly reccommend that people apply.
productive and active work play with once a month staff party
Maid (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 August 2016
Great work place! got along with co workers, loved the constant work, time goes by fast keeping busy, every month once or twice a month garden and parking lot maintence, loved how once a month we the staff would get a party thrown by the manager, he would pay for lunch such as subway or pizza and drinks, nice quiet workplace, costumers were great as well, did my absolute best pleasing the stayers and the manager, worked to my full potential.
Pros
5 minute breaks
Cons
cant take lunch if take to many breaks which is acceptable
Don't let people down you
Sales & Marketing Manager ( Guest Services) (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 August 2016
AL ways look for positive things in your life. Accept Challenges be more professional no matter what stops you.Working with best companies so far some time you feel like others are not that professionals and compatible in business. i like being myself and give my 110% but as long as your management have faith in you.
Pros
Cons
Not Really
Thee Hills Super 8 not Whydam
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB12 August 2016
night auditor for a few months was a pretty good position, taught me a lot about administration work, evening hotel audits and building confidence in meeting and speaking to new comers on a daily basis
One of the best places i have worked
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB7 August 2016
Excellent management. Lots of work to keep you going throughout the day. The manager and office staff are truly amazing. The housekeeping staff are awesome. The facility is taken care of, and guests are treated like royalty
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Please don't work this windham garden hotel ne Calgary
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
Please don't work this company in airport ne Calgary they fire 12 housekeeping staff within a 3 months the hiring manager is good to speak but the way she makes decision u get fire stick with your company where ever you working dont try to join this company you will lose your job I am not lying thats real.
Production work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hartland, NB29 June 2016
A typical day at work depends on how everything runs, sometimes things break down and need to be fixed so we are down for awhile, could depend on how long it will take for it to be fixed, sometimes anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. I learned how to be patient, how to inspect chips and what they should look like, how kettle chips are cooked. Management is good. My co-workers are good to me. hardest part of my job is standing in one spot for a long period time and dealing with the heat. the most enjoyable part of my job is break time and when the shift is done.
Pros
20% discount on food
Hard worker
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON2 June 2016
As an ambitious, hard worker, I am a fast learner with the ability to follow instructions and perform tasks in a safe manner. My military experience taught me discipline, endurance and the ability to cope with high stress situations.
Cons
flexible to work any shift available for long hours
Front Desk Reception
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 May 2016
You're tasked to do several things at this location, Cleaning. Cleaning of the front lobby is a must. You must check on it at least several time during a shift to insure quality control.

You must also take in customers checking in or checking out during early to late hours of the day, Not only are you doing that but you must also insure that when customers call via landline you must also help them with there needs, such as booking future check in dates or assist them on pricing plans for staying at the Inn.

When you're not working on floor or greeting customers into the Inn you are tasked to work on several company based programs to insure the daily quota is correct ((Not going into detail)).