Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Career and skills improvement
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: Gained strong social and service skills
Cons: Night hours sometimes 'felt' long.
As a front desk clerk, I dealt with checking in customers at the hotel, by having to create a registration card. I have work many different shifts there, morning, afternoon, and night (audit) shift. Each shift is a little different but all of them helped me to provide customer service to my fullest ability. I have learned to use different software to check in/out customers, deal with over the phone bookings, making sure every room is cleaned after housekeeping is done, and complete the audit for the day which includes counting money and business sales for the day. The management was great and efficient there, always hard working and helped me to provide my best ability to customer service.
A family away from home
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBApril 1, 2016
Pros: Good Management, Helpful Employees, A Fantastic Enviroment
Cons: None
Wyndham Hotels was a great place to work. I personally tried to work at other hotel chains but always found myself back at Super 8. The minute you walk in you are welcomed by staff with open arms, they not only care about their guests but also care about each other. I found my experience at Super 8 by Wyndham to be more than a career. We were family, we helped each other.

In both locations that I worked Management was incredible, Pay wasn't as good as I believe it should be especially night audit but it is good enough to live off of. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it happens quick to make your way up in the company but it will and does happen if you work hard. They made everyone a schedule that not only would work for the company but for you as well, not many shifts needed to be switched. There was nothing I didn't like about this company.

I absolutely love this company and hope to continue a career with them.
my day as a housekeeper, dishwasher , factory worker
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: meeting great people and having friends and location
Cons: not getting enough hours and hate dealing with bad postive people .
I would have 15 rooms a day to clean before 3pm . I would go in strip all my beds and check under to make sure there was no garbage or someone forgot something in the room bring it to the front desk and go back to clean all my rooms .

A day as a dishwasher clean all dishes for party night before or help chef cut up vegetables and help clean his area .

A day as a factory worker put a pellet together for shipment and boxes together plus clean my area then swipe the whole factory before leaving the day.

I enjoyed all my jobs and would do it again I love being a team member . I am a hard worker and honest worker and never came in to my jobs with out a smile on my face .
It helps me a lot while working in this hotel.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 22, 2016
It helps me to handle customers/guests in a professional and helpful manner. Manage the registration process, handles guest check-in and check-outs appropriately for the hotel and maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality.
fun and helpful but the pay is under for the hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoy the busy work environment the employees are great and the bosses are amazing always open and make you feel important and heard. i love my job but it dosnt stay steady for a single mother to live on so im looking for steady work.
Review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: working with people
Cons: only part time hours
I would check guests in and out. Handle any concerns. Do the night audit. Set up the coffee counter. Do light housekeeping chores. I loved working in the public with the people.
It is a awesome Hotel with i think every required thing for the customers.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 6, 2016
I currently work there but the problem to me us only that it is far away from my place that is brampton and it is in orangeville.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sore feet
same as any hotel when getting ready to clean rooms
it was a very friendly work place the management was the
greatest of all always there when you need them the co-workers are always there when you need help
the most thing I liked there was how friendly people were
Great Place
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 26, 2016
Was a good place to work and develop my skills as a supervisor, strong communication between departments. Enjoyed my time here and only left because I was moving cities.
Lots of work
Head housekeeper (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches on Saturdays
Never had a slow day, there was always plenty to be done and keep busy with. Appreciated the hours, nothing i hate more then a job with a lot of standing around.
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Excellent place to work with nice management and always up for challenging. Not all the days are same so was always exciting to solve new challenges and improve my knowledge in communication and how to deal with conflicts.
Management always gave their support with their workers
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Free foods, free accommodation
Cons: Nothing
This hotel management gave me an opportunity to work with them even I don't have Canadian experience. They gave their full trust for me. That's why I also gave my very best to do my job and never disappoint them. Management and co-workers are really so nice. We treat each others as family.
fun place
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: NA
colleagues and management is cooperative and supportive.
good location of hotel in Niagara falls but business gets slow down in winters.
Customer service
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
I have 1 year experience in customer service canada.
I like also hotel industry job. every day new face check in and check out. every days new experience
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable work place, nice enviroment and was able to meet plenty of new people and get to learn about different lifestyles of different types of people
productive and fun Work enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Clean Fun and Got Great deals on stays at other super 8 motels
Cons: notrhing to write here
I worked for Super 8 Motel in Dawson Creek for 3 years where i met lots of people and learned about different companies and what they did. The staff and Management where very friendly and out going always there to help with what ever a person needed
productive workplace.
Night Auditor/Front desk agent (Current Employee), Toronto, onOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Nice rates for not only my hotel but also every hotel under wyndham rewards.
Cons: No bad signs of work pointed out till now.
Working under the Wyndham Group of hotels is a totally different experience with a great software "WynGuest". A normal day at my work is very energetic from checking the guests in to helping them with every small help possible. I have learned small details of a hotel and making my way out to my bright future. The most enjoyable part at my workplace is that all my co-workers and my manager are very well trained and we all work as a very nice group to treat our guests.
Bowling and Bingo
Houseperson (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
The management is really nice coordination and communication for the staff. My co-workers is friendly and helping each other with a team work and I enjoyed my self to work different race and I also some learned about the culture and some techniques in work place. And I really appreciate all of them. And one more thing is respect to your co-workers and love your job!!!

The most enjoyable in my job is a lot of fun just like during summer we have the barbe-Q party,christmas party theres a lot of give aways,during rodeo all staff have wearing uniform and also the hallowen party!!! Itssss fun fun fun!!!
Lovely place to work , great team
Front desk agent (Current Employee), kelowna BCOctober 7, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: i dont have any
I work at the hotel as the morning staff member my shift runs from 7am to 3pm , I am responsible of checking people out of the hotel , dealing with the switch board , answering phone calls , answering emails and answering customers with any questions they might have , I am responsible for booking peoples stays in the computer
Fast-paced, labour intensive
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Midland, ONOctober 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job was lifting out, and making the sofa beds. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I learned how to make hotel-grade beds, and how to fold sheets to hotel standards.