Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, efficient and dependable.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2016
I work with a great team. Management has an open door policy if the associates need anything or have any concerns. A typical day at work is mainly checking in guests and making sure they have everything they need. The most enjoyable thing about the position is helping and communicating with the guest. I have definitely learned to be very fast, efficient and organized. The hardest part of the job is when I am unable to help a guest.
Balacing work and family life
Asst. Executive Housekeeping &Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
Most positions will require long hours and weekends away from the family on a frequent basis. Management has high expectations for your serviceability to the public. The difficulty of the position is the changes in ownership of the company may bring about changes in assignments and personnel. Primarily means a reduction in staff.
Pros
All employees have a great attitude.
Cons
The industry does not pay as well as other professions.
interactive
Customer Service to all our guests (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2016
Helping Guest with directions, accommodations,suggestions, planning their vacations better, selling tickets, offering tours, and making sure they feel like home.
wonderful people fun place to work
Customer Service/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2016
A wonderful place to work with great people.and you also meet wonderful people from all over the globe.I love going to work .They are very warm and welcome ing.
Pros
great
Cons
You may not have your lunch
The systems are a bit outdated
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2016
Needs some system modernization, the way to do the accounting is much updated. Much time is lost in paperwork which otherwise it could be done easier and more promptly with the software being used by more updated companies
Responsible for booking tours which created time share sales.
Community Marketing Agent/In House Marketing Guide (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 11, 2015
Worked in 2 departments Community Marketing Agent/In House
Marketing Guide. Received numerous awards for 1st place
Marketing Agent. The tours that I booked brought in over 1 million
in timeshare sales with both new and old owners. Worked at various celebrity, community and non-profit affairs.
Pros
Worked with an incredible hard working staff that formed our team.
Cons
Company benefits and also many fantastic spiffs for high achievers.
Productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 30, 2015
Enjoyable part of my job here was everything. I really enjoyed my job there. Great team players. Management was awsome as well.
Pros
Guest interaction
Cons
Not allowed room stays
Wyndham
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NashvilleSeptember 2, 2015
Long days with lots of down time, l learned to effectively use my communication skills, management was always very stressed and very inconsistent. Co-workers were all good people easy to work with, hardest part of job was inconsistent work schedule, best part of the job was a happy client
Pros
Potential for large compensation
Cons
Overall un-ethical sales practices
Fast paced, good people, good money
In-house Marketing/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 28, 2015
Great place to work. I loved the concierge part of my job and marketing guests who bu timeshare to enjoy future vacations with family was rewarding to me. I loved my guests' and they loved me.
Pros
discounts on vacations
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Fast pace and fun work environment
Customer Service admin (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2015
Very interactive and busy company but always has it focus on the individual employees. Many different departments but all work together to provide an excellent stay experience for all guests that stay at the resorts and those who view the property.
very upbeat
Housekeeping / houseman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2015
rough understocked lien
having no laundry
having to do a job that was not in my requirement
i learned to be very patient
the hardest part of the job was not being able to finish on time because there was no laundry or we didn't have the right supply's for the room or the job that i had to perform
my co workers were friendly and hard working
management was quick to help
and the most enjoyable part is to help others to make there stay enjoyable and to keep a smile on there face and going out my way to make there stay the best that i can..
Pros
lunchons
Cons
healthcare and pay raise
Culture of growth and advancement
Hotel Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 10, 2015
The management creates a culture of feedback and growth that is encouraging and exciting to work around. I feel influenced to apply skills and create a teamwork environment.
I work best in an environment of growth and I love coaching others to develop their skills.
Even though my position is considered an entry level position there is a lot of potential for advancement.
Pros
floating schedule in open, professional atmosphere
Cons
weekends are never considered off days
I have a mentally ill son
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 30, 2014
I used to love this company.
I worked for them 3 years.
I have a severely mentally ill son at home
And due to the fact he was a harm to himself...sometimes was late...and had to call out ahead of time. I was written up for each of these times even though I had paperwork proving the emergency....I was terminated.all health benefits and programs my son was in...stripped from him. Long story....but thank you Wyndham for the return in understanding and compassion. My life is completely turned upside down.
Btw....I am in a non traditional marriage....hmm....makes you wonder.
Fun place to work, activities, great people to work with
Data Entry and Concierge (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work as data entry was challenging. Meeting end of week, end of month corporate reports and payroll. I learned a lot of computer technology and the managers were very precise and fair. I miss my coworkers, so many different personalities and we all got along as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was spiffs and the challenge. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with and came into contact with.
It wa ok
Time Share Sales (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 19, 2013
This was a time share sales position. It is definitely not for everyone. There was alot of arrogance on the floor among the management. You gave tours of the resort in hopes that you could sell them on buying vacation ownership. Co workers on my team were great. Hardest part of the job was the sales pressure they expected you to put on people as well as the urgency to get them to buy. There was alot of just sitting around and waiting your turn for a tour. Not a whole lot of this job was enjoyable.
Pros
commission
Cons
alot of down time
Amazing company with great training for sales & pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2013
I had a great time selling timeshare in owner upgrades. I learned the sales process of building repoire, going past no's, etc, and I worked with wonderful people. I was making $45,000.00 plus sales, and made great money with my commission, but I was working 10-12 hrs daily and couldn't attend school to finish my degree-which is exactly why I'd like a less time demanding job.
Pros
great money
Cons
no time at all for school or a personal life
Not Great
Tour Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJune 24, 2015
I did not enjoy the job, working for this company or working with some of the people at this place of employment. I do not recommend it.
The Hospitality World.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2013
I know that a lot of changes have been made at the Canterbury location in terms of management. There really is no life outside of the 2 days off and no room for advancement if you are in guest services. The tips are the only thing that made the job enjoyable at the end of the day. We were only allowed 30 minute lunch breaks and we worked every Friday through Sunday.
Pros
cash tips.
Cons
no social life.
nice country setting
Head of house keeping (Former Employee) –  McCall, IDAugust 30, 2013
I worked as head house keeper. I would do overall take of a unit and pull out any used items in the condo room. After house keepers would clean i would reenter the unit to make sure that everything was cleaned and put back in the same place all units were made up of all the same housing needs
Pros
was an easely preformed job for myself was very good at details
Cons
housekeepers would not listen to direction
Enjoyable company to work for
Sales and Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 25, 2012
I enjoyed working Wyndham Resorts. Since Wyndham is a time-share selling company I learned a lot about selling timeshares, executing contracts, and giving timeshare presentations. The co-workers made working there enjoyable, getting to know and relate with them made the job great.
Pros
learning to process contracts and sell real estate
Cons
didn't offer any benifits