Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

Responsible for booking tours which created time share sales.
Community Marketing Agent/In House Marketing Guide (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 11, 2015
Worked in 2 departments Community Marketing Agent/In House
Marketing Guide. Received numerous awards for 1st place
Marketing Agent. The tours that I booked brought in over 1 million
in timeshare sales with both new and old owners. Worked at various celebrity, community and non-profit affairs.
Pros
Worked with an incredible hard working staff that formed our team.
Cons
Company benefits and also many fantastic spiffs for high achievers.
Wyndham
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NashvilleSeptember 2, 2015
Long days with lots of down time, l learned to effectively use my communication skills, management was always very stressed and very inconsistent. Co-workers were all good people easy to work with, hardest part of job was inconsistent work schedule, best part of the job was a happy client
Pros
Potential for large compensation
Cons
Overall un-ethical sales practices
Balacing work and family life
Asst. Executive Housekeeping &Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
Most positions will require long hours and weekends away from the family on a frequent basis. Management has high expectations for your serviceability to the public. The difficulty of the position is the changes in ownership of the company may bring about changes in assignments and personnel. Primarily means a reduction in staff.
Pros
All employees have a great attitude.
Cons
The industry does not pay as well as other professions.
Productive, fun, efficient and dependable.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 16, 2016
I work with a great team. Management has an open door policy if the associates need anything or have any concerns. A typical day at work is mainly checking in guests and making sure they have everything they need. The most enjoyable thing about the position is helping and communicating with the guest. I have definitely learned to be very fast, efficient and organized. The hardest part of the job is when I am unable to help a guest.
very upbeat
Housekeeping / houseman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2015
rough understocked lien
having no laundry
having to do a job that was not in my requirement
i learned to be very patient
the hardest part of the job was not being able to finish on time because there was no laundry or we didn't have the right supply's for the room or the job that i had to perform
my co workers were friendly and hard working
management was quick to help
and the most enjoyable part is to help others to make there stay enjoyable and to keep a smile on there face and going out my way to make there stay the best that i can..
Pros
lunchons
Cons
healthcare and pay raise
Productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 30, 2015
Enjoyable part of my job here was everything. I really enjoyed my job there. Great team players. Management was awsome as well.
Pros
Guest interaction
Cons
Not allowed room stays
wonderful people fun place to work
Customer Service/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2016
A wonderful place to work with great people.and you also meet wonderful people from all over the globe.I love going to work .They are very warm and welcome ing.
Pros
great
Cons
You may not have your lunch
The systems are a bit outdated
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2016
Needs some system modernization, the way to do the accounting is much updated. Much time is lost in paperwork which otherwise it could be done easier and more promptly with the software being used by more updated companies
I have a mentally ill son
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 30, 2014
I used to love this company.
I worked for them 3 years.
I have a severely mentally ill son at home
And due to the fact he was a harm to himself...sometimes was late...and had to call out ahead of time. I was written up for each of these times even though I had paperwork proving the emergency....I was terminated.all health benefits and programs my son was in...stripped from him. Long story....but thank you Wyndham for the return in understanding and compassion. My life is completely turned upside down.
Btw....I am in a non traditional marriage....hmm....makes you wonder.
Culture of growth and advancement
Hotel Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 10, 2015
The management creates a culture of feedback and growth that is encouraging and exciting to work around. I feel influenced to apply skills and create a teamwork environment.
I work best in an environment of growth and I love coaching others to develop their skills.
Even though my position is considered an entry level position there is a lot of potential for advancement.
Pros
floating schedule in open, professional atmosphere
Cons
weekends are never considered off days
who does not enjoy a great vacation
Vacation Counselor & Waitlist Counselor (Former Employee) –  Redmond WashingtonJanuary 4, 2014
Inbound Call Center - A Wonderful Place to Work, Management is great I mean great, understanding, compassionate, the hardest part of this job is telling an owner that a vacation unit is booked,
Pros
exquisite christmas parties, great health care benefits
Cons
i moved out of state so i had to leave the job
Enjoyable company to work for
Sales and Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 25, 2012
I enjoyed working Wyndham Resorts. Since Wyndham is a time-share selling company I learned a lot about selling timeshares, executing contracts, and giving timeshare presentations. The co-workers made working there enjoyable, getting to know and relate with them made the job great.
Pros
learning to process contracts and sell real estate
Cons
didn't offer any benifits
Wyndham
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kodak, TNApril 3, 2013
My opinion, I would not advise anyone to work as a housekeeper for this company. You are paid by rooms which is not much and you work harder than what its worth. You get no benefits or discounts as an employee.
Pros
mostly work alone if thats what you like
Cons
no breaks no lunches no pay
Fast paced, good people, good money
In-house Marketing/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 28, 2015
Great place to work. I loved the concierge part of my job and marketing guests who bu timeshare to enjoy future vacations with family was rewarding to me. I loved my guests' and they loved me.
Pros
discounts on vacations
Cons
inconsistent schedule
good job with sufficiant income
Lead Resort Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2014
Overall good job, limited benefits, with long hours. Had a lot of payroll problems when it came to overtime and bonuses.
benefits
Cons
long hours into the night with payroll problems
Fast pace and fun work environment
Customer Service admin (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2015
Very interactive and busy company but always has it focus on the individual employees. Many different departments but all work together to provide an excellent stay experience for all guests that stay at the resorts and those who view the property.
There for the poeple and community
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Worldmark by Wyndham, Longbeach, WADecember 28, 2011
it is a good place to work, all employees are family and work as a team to better complete our work. there are good benefits after 1 year of employment.
Wyndham a great place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2013
sales and marketing is a good fit for anyone i loved working there and for them
Pros
great benifits
Not Great
Tour Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJune 24, 2015
I did not enjoy the job, working for this company or working with some of the people at this place of employment. I do not recommend it.
This job stinks
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 23, 2015
This is one of the worst jobs Ive ever had possibly the worst. trying my hardest to find another job
management stinks
learned how to do the job but no new skills
co-works are ok but un trust worthy ive had things stolen