Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CO22 February 2018
Like working here but if there is no snow then your hours can get cut because there is no one coming to the resort. Which make it hard to pay all your bills.
Pros
nice environment to work in
Cons
hours can be cut at anytime
Poor management support
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  CO18 February 2018
Though they always said they would help staff move up, they actually did the opposite. Some of the other staff were very pleasant to work with. Management are micro-managers concerned primarily with their own agenda's. Even when managers knew staff were aware of the truth, each manager routinely lied especially if it made them look better. Manager's encourage guests very bad behavior, including yelling, swearing and threatening staff by rewarding them with gifts and extras.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
Unsupportive management, no opportunity to move up or over
It's is a very good job to work at. And too move up to different learning
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL11 February 2018
It's is a very good job to work at. And too move up to different learning . The overall experience is a fast paced and extremely enjoyable. I really say this because serving in all the events I have make me experience and see things I have never before and it helps me be more open minded
Marketing for Wyndham's timeshare opportunities
In House Marketing Host (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 February 2018
Environment here can be pretty cut-throat.
You need to be "on your game" at all times, because people will check in at all hours.
Hours have to be flexible.
They have great discounts and benefits.
Training is all in house.
Hardest part of the job would be the stress of it all.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be making people smile and keeping in touch with them during their stay to make it as best as possible.
Definitely learned a lot about customer service at this job and time management.
Pros
Free cookies, Downtown Seattle
Cons
Hard to take breaks sometimes
Too much in fighting with different shifts.
Assistant Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Newport, RI7 February 2018
It was an OK job. The chief engineer was great and knowledgeable. Maintenance team, was very tough to work with, and to educate. Very combative and very abusive, needed a lot of coddling.
Pros
Full hours
Cons
work force
Work Environment
Marketing and Advertising Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 February 2018
I did enjoy working with the Company It is a stressful environment but my main goal is to do my job , Be there for the Client . Is hard to work in a Company when you leader are not doing there job.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Workplace Culture
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL30 January 2018
Starting your day consist of cleaning restaurant, setting up your station and helping out. Usually managers just sit back and only come out when things are getting crazy. Oer all the severs and server assistants are super friendly and great coworkers.
fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 January 2018
Excellent benefits package, and a great place to work. I learned that each one of us is part of a group, and effect each others performance when in service to the guest a leisurely experience. I was able to advance in this type of environment and train other people.
Pros
Resort experience
Cons
vacation time
Productive and fun
Outreach Agent/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 January 2018
I would go into work we would have our daily meeting to let everyone know who was top greeter and cpa. Then we would get assigned to are post which was either Harrahs, Linq, Flamingo, Margarita Ville or Ceaser Palace. Once we got to our post we would greet tourist get them to the counter and present them to our cpa to get them sign up for a tour of our property
Sales experience
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 January 2018
A relaxed and family oriented environment, good teamwork, and sales experience. This company has good employee benefits and management consider employees requests. Good company to work for.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
weekend work hours
Staff accomidations
Asst. Executive Housekeeping & Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL2 January 2018
Annual party gives the staff a sense of appreciation. Also the ability to utilize any facility owned by the company and get a discount is a plus. The staff feel a sense of purpose.
Pros
some
Cons
few
Poor management and Lack of Attention to department
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FL29 December 2017
no insentive and favoristm from Managers to employees
No opportunity to express your interest and ideas
I was there since January and never call in sick or been late for work and many times cover shifts for others associates and offer my self to do overtime.
never lost my interest even if that was not appreciated
Pros
New Beautiful resort
Cons
No lunches or breaks because just one person
Typical Day
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 December 2017
I was a manager of a Team of 18 agents, closing business deals, and helping with solutions with guest daily. I held daily trainings, and worked hard to get to know each agent to understand strengths and weaknesses. This allowed me to keep the team motivated on a daily basis. A typical day started at 7:00am and ended at 7:00pm. I managed the sales processes from start to finish, including contracts and closings. I developed relationships with our partners and venders to help assist clients with solutions and options to their travel needs.
I set goals monthly with each agent and a plan to meet and in most cases exceed those goals. The culture was very open and had as much support from upper management to exceed the guest expectations. I enjoyed the fast pace, daily challenge, but most of all changing peoples lives for the better. The only challenge I ever faced was down time as I enjoy staying busy.

I enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone looking for that field of work. I am looking to grow and use the experience I have with a larger company where it requires travel and developing relationships to increase revenue.
Wyndham
Vacation Ownership Sales (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL2 December 2017
great pay
but too far of a drive
liked my managers
exciting and fast paced
coworkers were amazing and felt like family
i4 construction started and was 75 min drive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA27 November 2017
This job was fairly easy for me being that I had housekeeping experience. The people were nice and I was able to pull extra hours as needed. My supervisor was very understanding to my every need.
Love to stay but not just for the seasonal work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  N Myrtle Bch, SC22 November 2017
Loved the location, all the staff not only the bar and restaurant but all the managers, Maitanace pool staff, they were very fair to but I was'hired to late in the season so I have to wait for the season to pick back up, but overall it was a great place to work and if I don't have a job that I like before the season starts over then I would love to go back to work there, I really appreciate the opportunity they gave me
Pros
Location, Great People
Cons
It was seasonal and.parking
costumer service great team work
Engineer Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ2 November 2017
a day at wyndham resorts as a engineer we all doing porjects or helping out guess when hey need us painting moving anything thats need to be done in wyndham resorts the coworkers helpful
Pros
we get be reconize and company there help us out when needed
Cons
health insurance
Wouldnt Work there again
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hancock, MA28 October 2017
I would say the pay rate here was unfair. $25 per room which I wouldn't say is a room more like 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen stocked with dishes, 2 bathrooms and a jacuzzi all had to be cleaned in 1 hour. Then some days I was scheduled 1 room to clean and I wouldn't get home from work till 7/8:00pm so I wouldn't recommend anyone that doesn't own a vehicle to work here. There is a van that takes you there and back but there Is also 8 other people getting picked up and dropped off and the bus doesn't leave till the last person is done with all their rooms. So you can be there to clean 1 room and be done by 11am but wont get home till 8:00pm I forgot to mention if you live in Springfield, its also a 2 hour drive.
Wyndham Resort
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SC24 October 2017
I was getting paid by the rooms. Sometimes I just got two rooms a day. They was always giving the good rooms to college students. I was better off working at home.
Sales Representive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA19 October 2017
It was a wonderful working atmosphere where I had the opportunity to learn a new career. The management was great in training sales techniques. I enjoyed the company setting individual goals.