Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

Balacing work and family life
Asst. Executive Housekeeping &Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL12 April 2016
Most positions will require long hours and weekends away from the family on a frequent basis. Management has high expectations for your serviceability to the public. The difficulty of the position is the changes in ownership of the company may bring about changes in assignments and personnel. Primarily means a reduction in staff.
Pros
All employees have a great attitude.
Cons
The industry does not pay as well as other professions.
Review
Inhouse Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV16 November 2016
Very professional. Great commission and hourly. Timeshare runs smooth and effectively.Always provide training on how to make more sales. Very friendly comfortable atmosphere.Room for advancement.
Pros
Yes always.
Cons
Productive, fun, efficient and dependable.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN16 April 2016
I work with a great team. Management has an open door policy if the associates need anything or have any concerns. A typical day at work is mainly checking in guests and making sure they have everything they need. The most enjoyable thing about the position is helping and communicating with the guest. I have definitely learned to be very fast, efficient and organized. The hardest part of the job is when I am unable to help a guest.
the wyndham resorts in las vegas
Front Line Sales Agent ( Licensed ) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV15 October 2016
its was one of the nicest resorts in las vegas,
very professional timeshare training. I really enjoyed working for wyndham. Training will last you a lifetime
Pros
a great place to learn the industry of timeshare, very professional
Cons
i have none, i only wanted to enhance my resume and take my profession international.
Inside these resorts come with pools jacuzzis and movie theaters as well
Community marketing agent (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MD9 November 2016
The Wyndham resorts is a billion-dollar organization which has been around for multiple years that provides people with timeshare all around the World their timeshare star from anywhere around $3,000 on up
very upbeat
Housekeeping / houseman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA15 January 2015
rough understocked lien
having no laundry
having to do a job that was not in my requirement
i learned to be very patient
the hardest part of the job was not being able to finish on time because there was no laundry or we didn't have the right supply's for the room or the job that i had to perform
my co workers were friendly and hard working
management was quick to help
and the most enjoyable part is to help others to make there stay enjoyable and to keep a smile on there face and going out my way to make there stay the best that i can..
Pros
lunchons
Cons
healthcare and pay raise
Culture of growth and advancement
Hotel Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio10 January 2015
The management creates a culture of feedback and growth that is encouraging and exciting to work around. I feel influenced to apply skills and create a teamwork environment.
I work best in an environment of growth and I love coaching others to develop their skills.
Even though my position is considered an entry level position there is a lot of potential for advancement.
Pros
floating schedule in open, professional atmosphere
Cons
weekends are never considered off days
Wyndham
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville2 September 2015
Long days with lots of down time, l learned to effectively use my communication skills, management was always very stressed and very inconsistent. Co-workers were all good people easy to work with, hardest part of job was inconsistent work schedule, best part of the job was a happy client
Pros
Potential for large compensation
Cons
Overall un-ethical sales practices
interactive
Customer Service to all our guests (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL29 May 2016
Helping Guest with directions, accommodations,suggestions, planning their vacations better, selling tickets, offering tours, and making sure they feel like home.
Productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TN30 December 2015
Enjoyable part of my job here was everything. I really enjoyed my job there. Great team players. Management was awsome as well.
Pros
Guest interaction
Cons
Not allowed room stays
Responsible for booking tours which created time share sales.
Community Marketing Agent/In House Marketing Guide (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA11 September 2015
Worked in 2 departments Community Marketing Agent/In House
Marketing Guide. Received numerous awards for 1st place
Marketing Agent. The tours that I booked brought in over 1 million
in timeshare sales with both new and old owners. Worked at various celebrity, community and non-profit affairs.
Pros
Worked with an incredible hard working staff that formed our team.
Cons
Company benefits and also many fantastic spiffs for high achievers.
wonderful people fun place to work
Customer Service/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV26 January 2016
A wonderful place to work with great people.and you also meet wonderful people from all over the globe.I love going to work .They are very warm and welcome ing.
Pros
great
Cons
You may not have your lunch
The Hospitality World.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 February 2013
I know that a lot of changes have been made at the Canterbury location in terms of management. There really is no life outside of the 2 days off and no room for advancement if you are in guest services. The tips are the only thing that made the job enjoyable at the end of the day. We were only allowed 30 minute lunch breaks and we worked every Friday through Sunday.
Pros
cash tips.
Cons
no social life.
The systems are a bit outdated
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV15 January 2016
Needs some system modernization, the way to do the accounting is much updated. Much time is lost in paperwork which otherwise it could be done easier and more promptly with the software being used by more updated companies
who does not enjoy a great vacation
Vacation Counselor & Waitlist Counselor (Former Employee) –  Redmond Washington4 January 2014
Inbound Call Center - A Wonderful Place to Work, Management is great I mean great, understanding, compassionate, the hardest part of this job is telling an owner that a vacation unit is booked,
Pros
Exquisite Christmas Parties, Great Health Care Benefits
Cons
I Moved Out of State so i had to leave the job
Lots of Talking on the phone, but still a fun Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 January 2013
A typical day would be talking on the phone and dealing with customers with different issues and problems. I learned how to deal with different issues that might face someone in a call center atmosphere. Management was pretty good in helping with any issues we came across that we couldn't handle as well as questions we had about our job in general. My co-workers were mostly professional and I got along with them very well, they were also helpful at times. For the most part my job was pretty easy, but I would say the most diffcult issues I sometimes came cross were dealing with Irate customers that just didn't want to listen. The most enjoyable part would have been the enjoyable customers I came across and also the different contests we would have, which I won quite a bit of.
Wyndham
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kodak, TN3 April 2013
My opinion, I would not advise anyone to work as a housekeeper for this company. You are paid by rooms which is not much and you work harder than what its worth. You get no benefits or discounts as an employee.
Pros
mostly work alone if thats what you like
Cons
no breaks no lunches no pay
good job with sufficiant income
Lead Resort Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN2 May 2014
Overall good job, limited benefits, with long hours. Had a lot of payroll problems when it came to overtime and bonuses.
benefits
Cons
long hours into the night with payroll problems
I have a mentally ill son
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florida30 October 2014
I used to love this company.
I worked for them 3 years.
I have a severely mentally ill son at home
And due to the fact he was a harm to himself...sometimes was late...and had to call out ahead of time. I was written up for each of these times even though I had paperwork proving the emergency....I was terminated.all health benefits and programs my son was in...stripped from him. Long story....but thank you Wyndham for the return in understanding and compassion. My life is completely turned upside down.
Btw....I am in a non traditional marriage....hmm....makes you wonder.
It wa ok
Time Share Sales (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO19 August 2013
This was a time share sales position. It is definitely not for everyone. There was alot of arrogance on the floor among the management. You gave tours of the resort in hopes that you could sell them on buying vacation ownership. Co workers on my team were great. Hardest part of the job was the sales pressure they expected you to put on people as well as the urgency to get them to buy. There was alot of just sitting around and waiting your turn for a tour. Not a whole lot of this job was enjoyable.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Alot of down time