Wyndham Resorts Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 December 2017
I was a manager of a Team of 18 agents, closing business deals, and helping with solutions with guest daily. I held daily trainings, and worked hard to get to know each agent to understand strengths and weaknesses. This allowed me to keep the team motivated on a daily basis. A typical day started at 7:00am and ended at 7:00pm. I managed the sales processes from start to finish, including contracts and closings. I developed relationships with our partners and venders to help assist clients with solutions and options to their travel needs.
I set goals monthly with each agent and a plan to meet and in most cases exceed those goals. The culture was very open and had as much support from upper management to exceed the guest expectations. I enjoyed the fast pace, daily challenge, but most of all changing peoples lives for the better. The only challenge I ever faced was down time as I enjoy staying busy.

I enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone looking for that field of work. I am looking to grow and use the experience I have with a larger company where it requires travel and developing relationships to increase revenue.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA27 November 2017
This job was fairly easy for me being that I had housekeeping experience. The people were nice and I was able to pull extra hours as needed. My supervisor was very understanding to my every need.
Love to stay but not just for the seasonal work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  N Myrtle Bch, SC22 November 2017
Loved the location, all the staff not only the bar and restaurant but all the managers, Maitanace pool staff, they were very fair to but I was'hired to late in the season so I have to wait for the season to pick back up, but overall it was a great place to work and if I don't have a job that I like before the season starts over then I would love to go back to work there, I really appreciate the opportunity they gave me
Pros
Location, Great People
Cons
It was seasonal and.parking
costumer service great team work
Engineer Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ2 November 2017
a day at wyndham resorts as a engineer we all doing porjects or helping out guess when hey need us painting moving anything thats need to be done in wyndham resorts the coworkers helpful
Pros
we get be reconize and company there help us out when needed
Cons
health insurance
Wouldnt Work there again
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hancock, MA28 October 2017
I would say the pay rate here was unfair. $25 per room which I wouldn't say is a room more like 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen stocked with dishes, 2 bathrooms and a jacuzzi all had to be cleaned in 1 hour. Then some days I was scheduled 1 room to clean and I wouldn't get home from work till 7/8:00pm so I wouldn't recommend anyone that doesn't own a vehicle to work here. There is a van that takes you there and back but there Is also 8 other people getting picked up and dropped off and the bus doesn't leave till the last person is done with all their rooms. So you can be there to clean 1 room and be done by 11am but wont get home till 8:00pm I forgot to mention if you live in Springfield, its also a 2 hour drive.
Wyndham Resort
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SC24 October 2017
I was getting paid by the rooms. Sometimes I just got two rooms a day. They was always giving the good rooms to college students. I was better off working at home.
Sales Representive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA19 October 2017
It was a wonderful working atmosphere where I had the opportunity to learn a new career. The management was great in training sales techniques. I enjoyed the company setting individual goals.
very difficult job and position
CMB Mobile Concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 October 2017
walk around the streets of NYC and convince coupes to come and check out the hotel, take tours in hopes the sales department would sell property to these new potential clients. This was a very difficult job
Pros
discounted hotels and resorts
Cons
short breaks, poor scheduling
Stinky
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WI5 October 2017
Would never work in Hospitality again, the rules were always different and of course not everyone has to abide. Certain people are favored, of course based on sucking up and if they have kids, I didn't so being able to work all shifts was not to my benefit.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Screamed at by guests constantly
Place was great
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL3 October 2017
I like the place. Lots of faces. Famous people. Very Hardworking place and Loves to have everything prepared. Would go back if the oppurtunity presents it.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Pagoda Springs, CO2 October 2017
Enjoyed being able to continue working and being around the employees I had been working with. It was something I could do to help and had previous knowledge of.
Pros
Nice to be able to make a little extra money to supplement income.
Fun Workplace
George Thronas/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 8912328 September 2017
The management team was always there is needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the guest , and meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
Nice discounts on hotels
Great Benefits Fun Atmosphere
Maintenance Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Redmond, OR25 September 2017
Great Benefits Fun Atmosphere. They Always strive to bring the best customer service and treat their employees very good. Wyndham wants you to succeed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
It was a great experience and a chance to learn something new.
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland14 August 2017
Be confident, professionalism, come everyday, come on time, positive mindset, be involved, put your best effords and be nice to people regardless how tough things get.
Pros
Chance to go home paid everyday but its up to your work performance
Cons
If you work at Wyndham as a commission it could be tough if your not that great at it
Very challenging but a rewarding career can be developed
F&B Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL9 August 2017
Is a very competitive environment and you will easily find coworkers willing to put you down. Management will take sides and be totally blind, so you have to be able to sell yourself adequately if you want to keep your job.
Pros
If you know the right people you might do well
Cons
working environment is very cut-throat
Awesome work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL5 August 2017
This company is in a beautiful environment that's awesome and a wonderful team environment I would love to work again. I had a very positive ecperience
Great Winery while it was open a few years ago
Direct Sales Representative (Street Marketer) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA3 August 2017
It was the winery everyone enjoyed stopping at and coming back each season to try the new wines and hear my stories. It was only as ambitious as I made it though and management basically went into retirement after I left.
Pros
Great freedom to succeed
Cons
Management didn't have the drive to succeed further
My Boss Was The Best Boss On Earth!
Concierge of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA31 July 2017
Coming To Work Was A Bonus! Looking Forward To Doing My Job Was Like Being On Vacation! Meeting And Greeting New People Is What I Do Best! The Hardest Part Of This Job Was Leaving!
Front Desk
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, CO31 July 2017
The Wyndam I worked for lacked good management. It was a revolving door of managers, and everyone of them had their own agenda. Top management had little professional experience.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pto, hotel discounts
Cons
poor wages
Ok
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Angels Camp, CA24 July 2017
Ok place to work for! It is hard work! They used to have lots of bonuses but I hear they quit doing that. Don't know how the pay is any more for housekeepers they used to get peace rate. I hear now it's hourly.