WSP Employee Reviews

Wsp
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2017
WSP was newly attained and was a junior employer when being introduced the safety and health in the workplace. They are a proactive and have a energetic workforce that is eager to adopt safety best practices for the future of their safety culture.
Boooooring company
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
The company is not welcoming people from different backgrounds.

The size of the company doesn't reflect its limited capacity.
Great Place to work
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON28 October 2016
Good work environment. Always busy which makes the time pass by fast. Work under pressure most of the time. Very fast-paced environment. Great management.
Great team to work with
WSP - Survey Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 September 2016
I loved working for WSP in Fort McMurray.
My co-workers and management were great. I would still be there if the there was enough work. Due to the economy the hours I was provided with was not enough to pay for the cost of living. I made the hard decision to move back to Ontario.

I learned many skills such as using Leica and Trimble equipment. I was also given the opportunity to further my education and take courses that would expand my knowledge in the Surveying field. My co-workers were very helpful and always willing to answer questions to help me be the best assistant I could be.

The hardest part of the job would be the stresses that would come with the environment as well as the physical demands. 14/7 rotation was also challenging by the 10 day mark.
Pros
salary / benefits
Cons
rotation
C' est un endroit plaisant et facile a travailler avec un environnement extra
Directeur général (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC11 June 2016
Ma journée est semblable tous les jours à la surveillance des travaux,prise de photos et rédaction de rapport. J'aiappris une nouvelle manière de fonctionner, du côté management c'est superbe il y a une belle entente avec tous les patrons et travailleurs au bureau, besoin d'aide ils sont toujours là.L'aspect le plus difficille est de remettre le contracteur sur le bon cheminement de ses travaux et l'aspect le plus agréable est que mon supérieur me donne carte blanche pour m'occuper de mon contrat.
Pros
Logement et Repas fournis ainsi que le millage de mon camion
Cons
Je n'aipas d'assurance collective comme les autres
Productive and fun environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Lots of talented professionals in this company. I was lucky to work with a knowledgeable team and with senior Engineers that provided me with their mentorship.
environnement de travail très agréable, plaisant, instructif
Technicien senior en structure, (Former Employee) –  Mont-Tremblant, QC31 May 2016
J'ai travaillé plusieurs années pour Genivar (WSP) dans un esprit de travail professionnelle, de respect.

nous avions toujours de nouveaux contrats remplis de défit, un bel environnement de travail
Pros
le respect des employés
Cons
aucun
Client base
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2016
I work as Sr. Project Manager in client office TTC and Metrolinx.
WSP recently bought MMM and they have been merged.
MMM was a great company (hours, salary and communication)
Pros
IT Service
Cons
miscommunication
Helping
Health, Safety & Environment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 April 2016
A wonderful company to that helps you learn and understand as you progress. I enjoy each day that I work here and I am happy to have such great co-workers.
Very pleased with company
Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 March 2016
Typical early mornings. Off by 4 pm. I've been learning a lot of surveying fundamentals. Management is approachable. Co workers are very nice. Hardest part about work is the driving to and from work. Most enjoyable part is being outdoors.
It was a positive and fun environment that included team building activities like office mini-golf, air hockey, pingpong, popcorn
Quality Assurance Quality Control / Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2016
Depends on the department, in my case was the QAQC for construction. A typical day of work included calculations of piles, foundations, pedestals, drafting topographic surface, prepared underground scan reports, and various other reports, volume calculations. I learned to use many AutoCAD tools, and improved my knowledge of MS Office, and the various processes of plant site constructions.
The upper level management at WSP are top notch professional people.
The department management is a different story.
My co-workers were just like any other job places...you have all sorts from the brown-nosers, fakes, manipulative, whiny, self-serving, self-promoting, to ambitious young and eager to learn.
The hardest part of the job for me was having to deal with the politics.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the drafting where you just work on the one particular project until it's complete.
Pros
The pay was good including benefits
Cons
If the long hours don't kill you, the office politics will
consulting company
Electrical/ instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC7 October 2015
I worked with several simulation software, like: Easypower, EDSA CYME and Scada programming for a wind farm.
I participated in preparing asking for quotation documents, specifications for most big accessories
Some great people!
Project Assistant (Intermediate) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2015
I loved working with the project team. My work was always challenging and my manager treated me with respect. It was nice to be in an office outside downtown.
Wsp is Ok
Technician in civil engineering (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2015
work is fine very challenging
Not well compensated
Directors and higher up doesn't care about employee, very bias.
Department wasn't welcoming and are unprofessional
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2015
I was hired and there wasn't much work to be done, even when I got up and asked senior employees. A very disorganized company, some co-workers had little team work ethics and patience.
Some of the co-workers were awesome I must say.
J'ai adoré travaillé pour eux
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta17 June 2015
Excellente culture d'entreprise, excellente conditions de travail, juste un peu difficile de concilier travail et famille.
good job
Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2015
got a lot of good experience, would recommend this job to anybody. hopefully i'll be working here a lot longer.
lots of total station and gps work
Travail sur route
Receveur/Peseur (Current Employee) –  Saint-Romuald, QC20 March 2015
Travail à l'extérieur et sur la route avec différente compagnie d'asphalte.
Travail exécuter pour le ministère des transports
Pros
frais de transport payer
Land Surveyor Construction
Party chief (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2015
• Infrastructure stake-out, work in electronics, machinery, and plumbing
• On- site team and machinery direction
• Structure quality control
• Weekly calibration of instrument tools (Total Station Viva, Rotary Laser Level, Automatic optical Level)
• Trimble GPS, Total Station and Lëica
Productive and fun workplace at Narrows Lake project
Junior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2015
WSP, through its acquisition of Genivar, Focus and Parsons Brinckerhoff, is one of the world's leading professional services firms in its industry, working with governments, businesses, architects and planners and providing integrated solutions across many disciplines.

Enjoy working with colleague on the Cenovus Narrows Lake Phase 1 project in 2013. The plant predicted to have a production capacity of approximately 130,000 barrels per day, up to three phases and an estimated life span of up to 40 years. This project will encompass what may be the first-ever commercial-scale combined application of steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) and solvent-aided process (SAP).

Very supportive supervisor as well multiple engineers including Piping management.
Pros
More working hours with overtime, provided dinner free during meeting, safety meetings, free coffee, drinks & fruits in daily basis
Cons
Office for the subject Narrows Lake Project was a previous warehouse, and renovated for WSP said project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WSP. Our community is ready to answer.