Graduated from Teacher’s College? Looking for classroom experience? Look no further! We are a growing after school education company teaching motivated students writing, presentation and team building skills in a classroom setting. We have a Volunteer opportunity for a part-time Teacher (every Wednesday 4-6pm). The position requires a two hour weekly commitment until June 2014.
The ideal candidate is patient, sociable and highly motivational. You are skilled at making others feel valued and included. In addition, you are a continuous learner that is willing to learn the Write On Q approach to teaching writing, presentation and team building skills. In return, we are prepared to teach you our methodology and provide opportunities to teach lessons and develop your skills when you are ready to lead them independently.
The Teacher Volunteer will be responsible for working in partnership with the lead Teacher to:
- Set the stage for an energetic learning environment.
- Develop the language, creativity and confidence of students.
- Effectively manage the classroom. Maintain a safe, orderly and creative environment that is conductive to learning.
- Adhere to Write On Q's teaching methodology and administrative system.
- Deliver lessons to students in a creative and enjoyable manner.
- Address issues with students' performance and behaviour.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
A degree from a recognized college or university is necessary, preferably in English, Drama or Communication.
A Bachelor of Education degree is preferred.
Experience working with children at the elementary or middle school level.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational skills with an aptitude for details.
All interested candidates should submit their resume with covering letter to email address on website, quoting " Volunteer Teacher " in the subject area.