Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

Dangerous environment but, the whole crew watches out for each other.
Groundsman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA14 January 2017
Typical day starts at 7:00 at the pullout, from there we head to the work site and begin working with our job briefing, we do that as a crew so everyone knows the tasks at hand, as well as the hazards at said work site. we take lunch from 1-1:30 then we work until about 4:30 to begin saw maintenance, and head out about 5:00. The day ends when we fill out our post job briefing explaining what happened during the day and what we can improve.
Pros
Great co-workers, great atmosphere
Cons
Very hazardous job.
I loved the work, as a Forman, certified Supervisor in Weed Abatement
Owner Operator/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Western Slope Colorado12 January 2017
The job took me away from my family, 4-5 days a week, and the management could not see fit to compensate me for my travel expenses. The work was seasonal. I had a supervisor who could not tell the truth, and the job ended after ten (10) years of loyal work; obviously, not on good terms.
Very rewarding job
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  California25 November 2016
Every day I looked forward to coming in to work. The job taught me a lot of very helpful information about different types of tree and plant life and also taught a lot of safe practices.
Pros
Very good hours and lots of over time
Awesome team of guys to work with
Groundman (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX6 October 2016
Being on the team with guys that take the job to the next level and love to make the company proud of them. Work out of town really spices things up.
Horrible!
3rd party customer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater MN28 June 2016
This company has a contract with Xcel Energy and they butcher and destroy trees. They NEVER consult arborists, They have no trimming skills and lob off trees across the middle or trim until all that is left is a few sticks and a tree stump. They are horrible--no accountability and a terrible corporate citizen.
hard labor job
tree climber/ trimmer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 March 2016
very hard labor job long hour days 6 days a week they don't play when it comes to production the people are good but the management is really bad they don't care about your family all they care about is making money one time I needed to leave to take my son to the hospital and they suspended me for 3 days for leaving to take my son even when I produced a doctors note
very productive
trimmer A (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK5 December 2015
always working outside no matter the weather conditions
brothers keeper which is us employees looking out for each other
safety meeting every morning to talk about the conditions we will be working in and sign off notarizing we were there to listen
Pros
out doors benefiets co workers
Cons
being gone for months at a time
Being outside
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Niles, MI9 November 2015
I enjoy being outside. We did a job briefing every morning. Always had to be on the lookout for safety hazards. Did walk through of our jobsite every day. Enjoyed hauling around heavy equipment. Enjoyed the drives.
Fun work environment
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN24 May 2015
The people there are very nice and willing to teach the right person. There is a lot of safety precautions that are followed.
Great pay, great bosses, lots of time away from home
Work Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 May 2015
I liked working here as a work planner, I had my own company truck and got to plan the weeks work for 40 + workers. Only downfall was working 2-4 hours away from home 8 months out of the year.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
away from home
fun place to work and always outdoors
T1 tree trimmer (Former Employee) –  Normal, IL4 May 2015
typical day at work is pretty steady till lunch and after. we trim alot of trees and chip brush. iv learned differant voltages in lines and how to trim trees the correct and safest way. we climb and use bucket trucks to trim. its managed and orginized well there picky on some stuff like the way you trim trees or setup your work area very important. everyone that i worked with there are easy to get along with funny, nice they helped me with alot of stuff. there patient and will work with you. the hardest part of the job would be climbing sometimes you climb 60feet and you have to pull all ur body weight up there. i really like how your always outside you will never stand around theres always something for everyone to do till work slows down.
Pros
good benifits and awsome employees to work with
Cons
paying union dues. and working around alot of thorns
Productive and great place to work with great people
Foreman (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GA2 May 2015
On an average day I would get to show up and we would head off to wherever we were working at the time. Once we got there, the crews that management had hired would instantly get to work. The people were great and very laid back yet very hard workers. We would do the spans assigned to us fairly quickly but within the specifications from corporate. The pay was good as were the hours.
Liked the different locations
Foreman/Work Planner (Former Employee) –  all over Oklahoma18 February 2015
Like the job very much and would have liked to continue my work with the company. However there were too many dictators that didnt like the fact that i was an up and coming boss and that i wanted to be a forester and potentially be their boss. the people that worked directly with me were some of the best people that anyone could ask for .
Pros
different places and outdoors
Cons
too many back stabbers
A good place to work when management was right.
Tree Trimmer/ line clearing (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OH4 October 2014
A typical day at Wright Tree Service was showing up, gas saws, truck, or any gas powered equipment. After we arrived at our destination we would then find out where our day begins. Get your gear on and climb. It was fun on most occasions. Management was very good until they brought in a new General Foreman. After that everything slowly fell apart. But other then that I really liked my job. The hardest part of the day was towards the end of each day. When you start getting tired and you have a few more trees that need trimmed. It is very hard on your body, and very hard on your mind as well. You have to stay 100% focused or it could be your life. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just making money, but also getting 30-40 feet in the air and just kind of looking around. I liked it on most days.
Pros
You get a good workout, You make a new kind of family, and good benefits
Cons
Dangerous job, terrible management depending on location, and winter when your outside.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MN23 September 2014
The crew i worked did a 4days at 10hrs a day, the trees were all different and need to be approched with a new look each new day.
The job is fun and was good for the time i was there.
Pros
Three day weekend all the time
Cons
The Weather is always a factor
Planning for application heerbicide control in utility ROW
Hericide Planner (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MI19 August 2014
ID TREE SPECIES, LANDOWNER CONTACT, LOCATE LINE HAZARDS, INFORM LANDOWNERS OF HERBICIDE
APPLICATION TO ULTILITY LINE RIGHT OF WAYS, WRITE UP A BRUSH CONTROL FORM PLAN FOR SUPERVISOR, CONSUMER ENERGY FORESTER AND HERBICIDE APPLICATION CREWS, MARK WORK AREA’S OF CONCERN FOR APPLI. CREWS, MAINTAIN WORK VEHICLE AND INVENTORY CONTROL OF WORK SUPPLIES
Pros
Control of work hours
Cons
poor upper supervision
Fast paced working enviroment
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Athens, TX17 April 2014
Gained a lot of experienced working there, enjoyed traveling and outdoor task.
utilities
Foreman (Former Employee) –  KY12 November 2013
Its an average utilities management company. The upper management is disrespectful to some employees sometimes.
The Wright Tree Service
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, OK20 May 2013
I enjoyed training and helping others. I learned a lot about management and supervising. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. It was difficult when the company moved locations.
Pros
Getting to Manage Others
Cons
Unstable Hours
poor company to work for and junk equipment
Foreman (Former Employee) –  missouri15 April 2013
preach safety but dont care about it! very bad company to work for!!!