Wright Tree Service

Wright Tree Service Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great pay, great bosses, lots of time away from home
Work Planner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: away from home
I liked working here as a work planner, I had my own company truck and got to plan the weeks work for 40 + workers. Only downfall was working 2-4 hours away from home 8 months out of the year.
fun place to work and always outdoors
T1 tree trimmer (Former Employee), Normal, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: good benifits and awsome employees to work with
Cons: paying union dues. and working around alot of thorns
typical day at work is pretty steady till lunch and after. we trim alot of trees and chip brush. iv learned differant voltages in lines and how to trim trees the correct and safest way. we climb and use bucket trucks to trim. its managed and orginized well there picky on some stuff like the way you trim trees or setup your work area very important. everyone that i worked with there are easy to get along with funny, nice they helped me with alot of stuff. there patient and will work with you. the hardest part of the job would be climbing sometimes you climb 60feet and you have to pull all ur body weight up there. i really like how your always outside you will never stand around theres always something for everyone to do till work slows down.
Productive and great place to work with great people
Foreman (Former Employee), LaFayette, GAMay 2, 2015
On an average day I would get to show up and we would head off to wherever we were working at the time. Once we got there, the crews that management had hired would instantly get to work. The people were great and very laid back yet very hard workers. We would do the spans assigned to us fairly quickly but within the specifications from corporate. The pay was good as were the hours.
Liked the different locations
Foreman/Work Planner (Former Employee), all over OklahomaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: different places and outdoors
Cons: too many back stabbers
Like the job very much and would have liked to continue my work with the company. However there were too many dictators that didnt like the fact that i was an up and coming boss and that i wanted to be a forester and potentially be their boss. the people that worked directly with me were some of the best people that anyone could ask for .
A good place to work when management was right.
Tree Trimmer/ line clearing (Former Employee), Kettering, OHOctober 4, 2014
Pros: you get a good workout, you make a new kind of family, and good benefits
Cons: dangerous job, terrible management depending on location, and winter when your outside.
A typical day at Wright Tree Service was showing up, gas saws, truck, or any gas powered equipment. After we arrived at our destination we would then find out where our day begins. Get your gear on and climb. It was fun on most occasions. Management was very good until they brought in a new General Foreman. After that everything slowly fell apart. But other then that I really liked my job. The hardest part of the day was towards the end of each day. When you start getting tired and you have a few more trees that need trimmed. It is very hard on your body, and very hard on your mind as well. You have to stay 100% focused or it could be your life. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just making money, but also getting 30-40 feet in the air and just kind of looking around. I liked it on most days.
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: three day weekend all the time
Cons: the weather is always a factor
The crew i worked did a 4days at 10hrs a day, the trees were all different and need to be approched with a new look each new day.
The job is fun and was good for the time i was there.
Planning for application heerbicide control in utility ROW
Hericide Planner (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: control of work hours
Cons: poor upper supervision
ID TREE SPECIES, LANDOWNER CONTACT, LOCATE LINE HAZARDS, INFORM LANDOWNERS OF HERBICIDE
APPLICATION TO ULTILITY LINE RIGHT OF WAYS, WRITE UP A BRUSH CONTROL FORM PLAN FOR SUPERVISOR, CONSUMER ENERGY FORESTER AND HERBICIDE APPLICATION CREWS, MARK WORK AREA’S OF CONCERN FOR APPLI. CREWS, MAINTAIN WORK VEHICLE AND INVENTORY CONTROL OF WORK SUPPLIES
Fast paced working enviroment
Foreman (Current Employee), Athens, TXApril 17, 2014
Gained a lot of experienced working there, enjoyed traveling and outdoor task.
utilities
Foreman (Former Employee), KYNovember 12, 2013
Its an average utilities management company. The upper management is disrespectful to some employees sometimes.
The Wright Tree Service
General Foreman (Former Employee), Lindsay, OKMay 20, 2013
Pros: getting to manage others
Cons: unstable hours
I enjoyed training and helping others. I learned a lot about management and supervising. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. It was difficult when the company moved locations.
poor company to work for and junk equipment
Foreman (Former Employee), missouriApril 15, 2013
preach safety but dont care about it! very bad company to work for!!!
Work smart not hard
Ground man (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: 30 to 45 min lunches
Cons: waiting on other people
The work was hard on some days, the people I worked with were easy to get a long with at times. Managment was great, treated everybody fair. The best part of the job was the overtime, and benifits.
great outdoor work
Trimmer/ Groundsman (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: freedom from overseers
Cons: rain day without pay
I was very impressed with the working hours(8-10/per day). I was also happy with the training supplied.I learned that trimmimg was hard work and at the end oof a typical day I would feel great !
Good hours, and good job.
Climber Trainee (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, nice environment.
Cons: when we needed creams or something for a rash from the elements poison ivy, poison sumac etc. it took a while before we got them.
We would start the day by checking the boom, and checking the oil and gas in the saws, I learned to always try to be prepared as best as you can. The management was good, but I felt sometimes that it could've been better, the co-workers were excellent, they would take time out to explain things to me so I could do my job in a more timely and safe way, the hardest part was the climbing, I hated to climb in the trees with ropes, and the most enjoyable part were the hours, it was 4-10's and I enjoyed that very much.
Great place to work, just moved around a lot
Line Clearance Specialist (Former Employee), Little Falls MinnesotaJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great work atmosphere.
Cons: too traveling for different job locations
A typical work day was ten hours a day Monday through Thursday, if the weather cooperated. Once we had reached our 40 hours for the week we were off, the job was union ran. I learned how to tie a variety of knots, use different chainsaws, use climbing gear, operate a boom, trim and remove trees along power-lines. Management was understanding and easy to work with. Co-workers were easy to get along with, worked hard yet knew how and when to joke around making an enjoyable work atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was all the moving around from job to job, sometimes costing me quite a bit in gas money. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing one on one with customers and seeing the physical results of my work.
Friendly co-workers and learned different skills
Foreman (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJanuary 25, 2013
Overall, good company to work for, although the changing of management was all too often.
Great hard working team of people to work with, everyone looked out for everyone, in terms of our safety.
The most difficult part of the job, is the change in the weather patterns, work in the extreme cold to the most hottest.
Most enjoyable part of the job. was all the experiece and different tasks and skills I picked up.
Great place to work, everyone is always working together.
Arborist (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSDecember 2, 2012
Pros: there is always work to be done. secure job placement, and benefits paid for.
Cons: working around power lines. insurance isn't the best buy it works.
Working for Wright Tree Service has given me a new aspect of learning about trees. For example, when looking to buy home is there danger that could cause a fire due to electrical damage when limbs fall onto power lines or if trees and any limbs that could damage your home during bad weather conditions.
Fun to work around trees
Truck Driver, Tree Trimmer, Grounds Man (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2012
8 to 10 hours a day and good pay! Foremens were great. hardest part was dragging brush and easiest was trimming trees.