Wright Construction Western Inc. has been in the construction industry for over a century. Our head office is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan with a branch office in Calgary, Alberta. Wright Construction employs approximately 200 people and, though most of our projects are in Saskatchewan and Alberta, we have run jobs from British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario as well. Our projects range from retail commercial construction - stores including Wal-Mart, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, and Lowes, and warehouses; industrial construction - OSB plants in Meadow Lake and Slave Lake, Husky and Co-op refineries; and institutional construction - schools, Humboldt hospital and Grand Prairie Aquatic Centre. We hold COR safety status in both Saskatchewan and Alberta and offer competitive wages and benefits.
Wright Construction Western Inc. is currently looking for experienced construction superintendents to lead a variety of jobs throughout western Canada. These positions are full time, permanent.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- organizes, coordinates and supervises the work of the Foreman, Sub Foreman, Lead Hand, and subtrades on construction projects
- interviews, hires and trains employees
- determines work priorities and coordinates work activities within the design area and/or with others outside for the office
- coordinates new construction and major remodeling, which involves scheduling meetings and review project documents as necessary
- collaborates with administrators on the supervision of all work operations
- keeps cost records on work performed and materials; controls costs of materials and wages
- exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction projects within time limits; schedules jobs and operations
- estimates materials needed for specific jobs; estimates manpower needed for specific jobs
- leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications
- acts as an advisor on job related problems
- deals with individuals demanding information or service, such as agencies, media, and other visitors to construction site
- maintains manuals and follows safety regulations and procedures set in place by head office
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- high school graduation or equivalent
- several years of work experience in commercial, industrial and/or institutional construction and remodeling
- at least two (2) years of supervisory experience in the construction trade
- journeyperson certificate an asset
- knowledge of all phases of building construction
- knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and structural systems
- knowledge of building materials, tools and machines
- knowledge of building material costs and wages
- knowledge of safety legislation
- supervisory ability
- ability to read blueprints and specifications for building
- general computer, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- willingness to travel is an asset but not required.
- competitive wages to be determined based on experience
- relocation costs may be reimbursed
- health, dental and vision benefits
- long term disability, life insurance, and pension
Indeed - 15 months ago
PCL Industrial Constructors Inc.
PCL Constructors Inc.
- 9 days ago
Etera Construction Management
- 30+ days ago
- 5 days ago