WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lack of mid management team no decision makers at site.
Consultant Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee), ST.Johns NLMay 8, 2014
Pros: parking and office location
Cons: lack of team direction
Multiple meetings.
Management of changes
Co -workers not totally engaged in work
The hardest task was getting final sign off
Getting closure on open items
Good company to work but projects were finished.
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: international company.
Reasonable good atmosphere.
Work on intersting project.
Allowed to mentor young engineers
Recognized expertise potential.
Productive environment which focuses on Health, Safety and the Environment
IT Technical Specialist (Current Employee), LondonMay 1, 2014
Every day at work is a unique day and the task are pretty dynamic. The environment is cordial with communication between staff of different levels of authority.
The best thing about the job is the informal and relaxed environment, although there could be extreme pressure in cases of inpending Project deadlines
Poor management
Senior I&C Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga-OntarioApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, not aware of aspects of big industrial projects.
Working about one year with this company.
Management of company and projects are very poor in dealing with employees and clients.
Can not manage difficult situations; in less than three months company lost two very big projects because of bad resource management. Managers are structure engineers who do not have any clue about mechanical, piping, electrical – more... and instrumentation sections.
While the team in my project could not lift our heads for one second, other team members did not know how to spend their free times.
Company lost good engineers in past one month and only junior engineers stay.
I recommend all candidates review company background before joining.
I recommend all clients not to trap to their name and carefully review their references. – less
Great Work Environment
Laborer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 4, 2014
Excellent work opportunity with plenty of chance to advance. Work environment also ensures the safety of all workers on and off site.
Horrible HR
Purchaser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything
When HR is presented with a situational specific incident nothing is done. They basically push you out the door. Management has no backbone and is not willing to listen.
Poor Management
I&C Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2014
Poor management is felt all over the company.

Top management decisions are very unprofessional and they are losing jobs easily
Project managers pushes for shorter time low quality jobs.
Discipline managers are mostly not competent to select the best candidates. In a country like Canada where the best engineers immigrate, they select the ones who they – more... like and in the most cases not competent enough.

Only the name of company kept its reputation which they will lose that reputation shortly. Recently the whole company lost lots of jobs and revenue. – less
Enjoyed working there a lot
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work, big company, job security, very supportive
Cons: the assignments were in fort mac, and edmonton and i was alone, without my family
Was working on sites for all my assignments there. All tools were available. A borrow laptop was handed to me. Very good and supportive supervisor. The only issue I had there was personal (I was away from my wife and kids).
Canada, Sr. Electrical Draftsman (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits & flexible hours
Cons: used to be on the northshore so it's kinda far
worked at this company for 5 years prior to my current company... excellent & knowledgeable staff... worked at WorleyParsons from 2004-2009
great work environment with little job security
Cleaner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 24, 2014
Daily cleaning with include offices, bathroom and removing trash. Working with management and co-workers created an good and active environment. The hardest part would be getting used to long 14 hour shift for two weeks straight.
Until management gets better leadsership, this is a company to stay away from.
Mechanical Pipe Designer Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: just a job
Cons: lack of leadership, to many inexperience employees, lousy business development team, employee is just a number in the company, workshare program (shipping work over seas)
Since Worelyparsons has taken over Colt Engineering, the work culture of the company has gone down hill. The company insists on creating positions for middle management that does not hold any value for the client. With these overhead costs and current direction, they are pricing themselves out of the Alberta market place. The clients in the industry – more... feel the Worelyparsons is to pricey and do not give good value for the dollar. The company also insists on bringing in employees from the pacific rim with no practical work experience in Alberta which cause significant issues (i.e. design issues and understanding the working climate) in the workplace. – less
Management has bad communication
Document Control Technician (Former Employee), edmonton, abFebruary 4, 2014
Management needed to work on their communication skills and vocalize what they do and do no want. Otherwise very friendly work environment.
Good place for giving a boom on money
General housekeeping (Former Employee), fort McMurrayFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
It is ok but too bad the job ends,it is a routine of everyday of hard working
Excellent Project Teams
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2013
Pros: outstanding project management teams to work with
Cons: poor communiction
I love every aspect of my position here at WorleyParsons with only one exception. Due to frequent restructuring and managment changes at the Edmonton Ops office, it has been difficult to build lasting reletionships with those directing my career here.
good team experience
Document Controller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2013
- Knowledgable and supportive team experience
- Variable work hours
- Good benefits package and wage scale
- Comfortable office environment
disfunctional senior management
Director Improve Development (Current Employee), Calgary officeNovember 18, 2013
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: unless you are chargeable you are secure
never felt like I was a member of a team my direct managers would never reply and or never be on time for meetings, no support from higher level
recruited me for over I year and basically changed my job 3 times while on the job
Average
piping (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 16, 2013
Average, make sure everything you are told by management is in writing.
Good for easy search
Civil Engineer, P.Eng (Current Employee), EdmontonNovember 6, 2013
Excellant coorworkers and caring from company, one way to zero harm
Graduate Junior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB CanadaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, diversity, great workplace, proper training, lunch and learns.
Cons: none in my experience
A typical day of work involved performing a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analysis. I had a team and we all worked for a certain project fulfilling the requirements of the deadline and quality.
I learned how to work with other disciplines, and how to use the database of the Project. I learned to use all the – more... standards and where to find them, also everything related to the engineering calculations..perform hydraulics, size pressure safety valves, etc...
The management was good. They were always looking for our development and assuring all workers had all they need to work. Benefits were fair.
I had great co-workers, we had a really professional atmosphere at the workplace and there was always respect among us.
The hardest part of the job for me was start without having an initial training for a particular task. For example, the first time I had to size a Pressure safety valve, I had to figure it out myself, as there were no trainings at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team, as I learned from all my co-workers. – less
Markham
Facility Officer (Former Employee), MarkhamAugust 9, 2013
• Ad hoc projects as requested by facility manager
• Travelled to and managed satellite office location
• Obtaining quotes and supervising external repairs
• Facilitate employee relocation as needed
• Replacing bulbs and ballast as needed

About WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Limited is a large provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. – Read more