WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyed working there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
Made some great friends during my time there and will continue those relationships. Great place to work until the reorganizations took place.
Conveniently located
Pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Little to no overtime
lack of training
lack of quality tools and equipment unless you bring your own
management is lacking in personal touch
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
WorleyParsons was a really good place to work, tremendous learning experience and it gave me the opportunity to travel abroad and experience the Canadian work environment.
lots of experience but very stressful
Senior Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  qatarApril 13, 2016
you can learn a lot at WorleyParsons; however, it is very stressful and intense. different kinds of projects. lack of transparency in communicating decisions.
Pros
wide range of experinece
Cons
stressful
Great start out job
Construction Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work various responsibilities
I learned how important teamwork is
The hardest part of my job was learning all about engineering
Most enjoyable was the individuals I worked with
it is a very nice company
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
It is a very nice company, good working environment, Commitment to Employees and Customers. Understanding the importance of a strong workplace culture, share information with employees, treat people fairly, have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands.
It's alright
Project Manager/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 7, 2016
Good work home life balance.
Good Pay
Great opportunities
Training virtually non existant

I have been working with WorleyParsons for 8 years, it has been good for the most part with some cons.
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Good people
Environmental Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
There was a sense of camaraderie at WorleyParsons that I will always miss. Working for the company was generally a positive experience.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lateral movement between groups was difficult
The company was fair.
Apprentice Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
It was a good stepping stone for me as an apprentice Ironworker. There were some very dear friends that I had made there and that took me under their wing to teach me much of the ironwork trade.
Pros
My crew was awesome.
Cons
not getting a chance to learn all that I could .
Decent Stepping Stone Job
Process Engineer (E.I.T.) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Steady 9-5 Job. Great for learning technical work. Co-workers were friendly for the most part. Management is currently a mess.
Love my job
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
I was advanced from being a receptionist to an Admin and to an Admin/Document Controller which I love. I'm lucky to have a manager that acknowledges my skills and hard work for the company.
Fair Company
Senior Piping Designer/Checker/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
A good company, pretty standard among engineering companies. Most of the original employees have been laid off due to the current economic climate. So I am uncertain of how the future there will look.
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Excellent place to work
Project Expeditor for NWR Project (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
This has been an excellent place to work, I have enjoyed all of my time here. I learned a lot, I advanced in my career and if there were new projects coming in, I would absolutely be staying. However my work on my current project is done, so I will have to move on.
Good Place to work
Senior Project Procurement (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Good place to work in my experience. Tried very hard to develop employees from within. Great work environment. Enjoyed my time here and would go back if the opportunity presented itself.
great company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
company is very good to work for, however it can be a little overwhelming as Worley parsons is a multinational company. other then that fantastic
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Large Global company
Project Assistant Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
WorleyParsons is large organization with a multitude of cultures to learn from. A great group of people in the Edmonton location which are highly motivated and have a strong sense of teamwork!
Productive focused workplace.
Principal Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
High quality and technical school of engineering. Lots of experience that helps workers to be successful.

Multinational company with high technology. Very professional workplace.