WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive focused workplace.
Principal Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
High quality and technical school of engineering. Lots of experience that helps workers to be successful.

Multinational company with high technology. Very professional workplace.
Temporary
Formwork Carpenter (Former Employee), Red WaterFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Strong Safety Culture
Cons: Long days
Overall, I was impressed with the focus on a good quality job from the management. Safety was very important and strictly adhered to.
Enjoyed my job
Turnover Completions Coordinator and DC (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Everything I learned
Cons: New Director
I loved what I was doing in the job. it's a busy environment and the opportunity to work with many people in different positions and stages of projects was enjoyable. Learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the decline in the oil industry and a new Director lead to my layoff. Previous Director I believe would have kept me on.
Satisfactory
Snr Process Engineer (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Experince increased in all ECP Companies
Cons: None
Process Systems Engineering involving design of Petrochemical Equipment Sizing,Process Flow Diagrams , PID , consulting with Clients reviewing junior engineers calculations .
Learned in details engineering in Petrochemical Industries
Obtained experience in Management of team of engineers
Worked professionally with Co-Workers in friendly environment
Hardest part ofd Job was to identify clearly Clients Requirements as it was changing from original scope
Success in completing projects as per client satisfaction
great place to work
Shipper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
great place to work management is great hours are good 10 hr days with 2 hrs OT after 8 hrs. weekends off good ppl to work with great pay
business culture are nice
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
40 hours per day
I learned north American standard
co-workers are knowledgeable and nice
management group is a little big.
the hardest part of work is shortage of work
Good Engineering envoiment
Rotational Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Hours of work did not affect house hold issues
Cons: Lossing position then loosing my third born son
Nice work load completed at a reasonable rate
I learned that I have the knowledge to propel engineers to an new level and increase there confidence.
good management with very little impact on position.
Great relation with coworkers
Not being able to complete some writing tasks with out sub management over seeing, When you were the specialist of the position.
While in a meeting The solution i provided on a installation set-up for Shell
No carrer development
Sr. Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 13, 2016
the company have been through many restructuring and not able to secure work for their employees. WP is not able to provide competitive environment and not able to retain good employees. there is currently no job security as the industry is down.
Productive, where you get rewarded for your abilities.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
An environment in which you get rewarded for your technical abilities as well as your ability to manage the client's expectations.
Management needs to be revamped!
1st year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Local
Cons: Terrible management
Overall great place to work! Start out with morning stretches etc to limber up and get ready for the day. Learned a lot about pipefitting in general. They preach safety safety safety until it infringes on production then they turn a blind eye then wonder why someone gets hurt. Spend most of the day trying to get the proper tools to do the job on a multi million dollar contract. Would perform daily inspections on equipment and pull out of service due to not passing and then would have nothing to replace it with. Certain bosses have big attitude and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
Job is getting less with workshare program
Senior Mechanical/ Piping Design Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Free lunch and learn session
Cons: Long hours and sometimes hectic
As far as work environment, it is nice to work where every discipline communicate well and understand their responsibility.
Good work place
Electrical Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2015
Good workplace with cooperative colleagues. Salary / benefits not highest in industry but choice of job relocation to other countries. Job security is ok carrier growth chances are limited. Management is transparent and open to suggestions.
People were good to work with however;
Business Development (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 19, 2015
Company was not willing to provide any severance after almost 10 years of service. Disappointing since they expect you to give up your family life to meet deadlines throughout the entire period.
Much better EPC companies out there
Project Controls (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 9, 2015
Was a great place to work until their inability to win work caught up with them. Now just a body-shop. Most of us laid off just before Christmas. Horrible work atmosphere. Much better EPC companies out there. Avoid Worley. Upper management has no idea on how to fix the problems.
Dynamic fast pace work force
Advisor - Health, Safety and Environment (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2015
Consulting work requires work to be available or to be searched out unfortunately at this time there is no demand or projects.

When there is work you must have the ability to work quickly and be agile to changing environments and client expectations.
Its a good place to work have more opportunities for Piping Design Jobs both for Major and Maintenance projects
Piping Designer (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Good People and Lead
Cons: To many management people
Worleyparsons Is a good company, with lots of good and hard working people. Have lots of opportunities to Learn.
Typical Work day is focusing on the task at hand, Design to review and Isometric to produce depending on the schedule.
Learning is continuos process , different design perspective of both the maintenance and operation point of view and safety as well.
Management company wide , there are too many managers, but project wise its good.
Hardest part or challenging part are the different changes in the design which is usually resolve up to the 60% milestone of the project.
Enjoyable part is designing and producing drawings.. and eventually seeing the work that I designed being constructed at field.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of varity
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 6, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Enjoyed every day at work and I was very happy that I was able to help so was very busy people out with their own days. Every day was very busy and always positive.
Current Team, Client & Commute
Site Administration / Subcontracts (Current Employee), Redwater, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Great construction team
Cons: Drive to site
Great team to work with, client is amazing, work with us on all aspects of billing, the only downside was traveling to redwater from southside Edmonton.

With 25+ years of Administration experience, would like to be properly compensated for my experience
A good company gone bad
Geotechnical Engineer E.I.T (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
With recent changes, all the talented individuals have left the company and immature and arrogant people have been placed in charge. This has ruined the work environment and moral of the whole company.
People on my project team are really good to work with.
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton areaNovember 28, 2015
Although work/life balance is not encouraged, my team mates are a great group of people to work with every day. They make it enjoyable to be at work each day.
Links