WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

A company in decline
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
WorleyParsons was a young upstart consulting company 10 years ago when I started there. In that time it underwent massive growth and has now experienced a significant decline. The executive management team has been leading the company in circles, trying to do whatever they think will make their share price go back up. We've experienced up to three total reorganizations in a year only to go back to what we basically were to start with. They can't seen to win work when bidding competitively. This company is in decline and I feel they will continue to decline until they are bought out or go bankrupt.
Great group of professionals that are always focused on customers.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Company placed me on several high profile projects in a senior position. Allowed me to succeed with minimal direct supervision. Company respected my experience and approach to project management and gave me great support. Company promoted a balance between work and family. Generous in their support of local community including United Way and other charities. Overall a great experience.
Excellent world class company to work for and advance in.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
I particularly enjoyed the fast paced environment, the many opportunities to learn and grow. Working there was incredibly rewarding and fun, straight across the board!
Productive work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
WP provides opportunity to learn, progress and contribute to the organization.
A teamwork-oriented environment in WP that empowers employees to create and take initiatives,
a strong company
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
the Christina Lake Regional Project gathered over 200 engineering people. i learned the way of working in big team and technical communications with different discipline people.
not goo
engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2017
This company is not good and has a horrible management team that forgot how to engineer.

Coffee is the best part about working for the company.
Professional environment, good team to work with.
Lead Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon County, AB23 January 2017
Enjoyable work environment, Lots of cooperation and team assistance when required.
Busing provided was OK, but it was a long days with travel.
On the bus at 05:00 drop off at 18:00 drive home.
Very Good Engineering Company to work with.
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
-Employees are friendly and helpful.
-Managers and Supervisors are concern of employees future.
-No racial descrimination amongst employees.
-Staff that I worked with are knowledgeable and always cooperative.
Pros
Management are concern of your future plans.
Cons
Salary is lower compared to other Engineering companies.
Productive and nice place to grow professionaly
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 January 2017
Very good management and engineering team. Engineering disciplines work nicely together. All job delivery was done and managed in time with client satisfaction.
Mature company very professional full of opportunities for grow
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
Very professional environment, people is happy working there salaries are good. International opportunities.
People enjoy team buildings. Company top manager leadership is outstanding
Pros
opportunities to grow
Cons
great people to work with
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
With the exception of some senior managers, great place to work
The teamwork and desire to do a great job is one of the things I liked the most.
Unfortunately some of the senior managers did not foster a great environment
good place to work
Lead Discipline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
good place for working and learning from other experienced staff, flex able with work and life balance. Need to improve support for growth and mentorship.
Pros
free coffee
A good company with chance of working with other offices around the world.
Mamnager, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Markham, ontario11 January 2017
Working on major projects. Interfacing with various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, project management, project controls etc).
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Most of the projects are schedule driven, with extended hours being required during the course of a project.
Reasonable company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Old culture and management style needs to be removed. Overall company is decent to work in. Company culture is good for those that have different ethnicity
Fun place to be
Material receiver (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Good place to work. But when it came down to time to be transfered to a new project. I never got a call back. After many long shifts and covering shifts to make sure the job was done. I felt alittle left behind while other people got to move on
Challenging Supply Chain Workplace Environment
Intermediate Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
- Day at work started at the usual time of 7:30am and went to about 5:30pm; day is usually filled normally with meetings, some site Expediting when needed but mostly updating material Tag's for the various projects I was assigned too.
- Learned Expediting and the various roles it plays within the Supply Chain Management world, and received a better understanding of Expediting works with Engineers, Material & Inventory Controls, Contracts, and Transport Logistics.
- Learned essentially 'software analysis' on my own of the various material tracking programs utilized at the time as there was no training available for new hires.
- Co-workers were nice at the start but rarely would they be willing to help out with your assigned current workload for vacations, sick leave and such unless management became involved.
- Management is hard to describe as I had 5 current Managers at that point in time that I was supposed to follow directions from, however these Managers rarely spoke to one another and would countermand each other on a regular basis so it was difficult to complete work on time without trying to a general consensus from each one what their chosen course of action should be.
- Hardest part was 2-fold - you had to confirm with your Manager on almost every single aspect of your job to get permission to do something which you knew from previous experience was correct, which was made more difficult by the above mentioned note; also the co-worker aspect of working in a team of Expeditors was very competitive, there was a definite sense of Managers playing favorites which would
  more... lead to Expeditors not having enough work to do throughout a week, while others were over-taxed with work and could not look after the assigned workload they did have.
- Most enjoyable part of the work is the connections I was able to make with various people from other departments within WorleyParsons to whom I keep in contact with to this day, as well as what I was able to learn from them.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Long hours, necessary information to complete an assigned task not usually provided
Overall good field experince
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
Overall a decent work place to start out in the consulting business. Good opportunities for all levels of education and experience. Wide variety of projects
Pros
work life balance
Cons
business size
Great place to work, big company, well organized, lot of experience
Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
WorleyParsons is a big company with offices around the world, with expertise in all areas of engineering, procurement and construction.
It is very organized with good working procedures and work and calculations standards, commercial software for everything required in a engineering project.
WP, offers growth opportunities for their employees. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful, team work and cooperativeness was always there.
During my time there a learned a lot of upstream oil extraction methods and to work very closely with the clients (operations and maintenance) since I worked for the heavy oil and improve business units in brownfield projects and production facilities.
Senior management was disconnected from the employees and in some occasion from the client.
I enjoyed my time there because I think I made good friends, learned, had the support of my supervisors, peers and people that collaborated in the projects were I was the responsible lead.
The hardest part was to see good people and myself leaving due to the downturn of the economy and business.
Pros
Big company with multiple clients and projects
Cons
In Canada, mostly focused on oil and gas
Top Engineering Consulting company.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Worleyparsons has a very nice organization culture with dynamic management and flexible working hours depending on the job. Apart from work there are many social events organized by the company like Hockey Tournaments, Gatherings, Charities and Donations, etc.
Great coworkers
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2016
You work with some of the best people in the industry. The work is challenging but rewarding. Great mentor ship is available. _________________________