WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2015
Fellow workers great.

While I was there I got to learn 3d for Microstation
NavisWorks and PDS.

banking time was is a great benefit.
Pros
Salary good.
Temporary
Formwork Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Red WaterFebruary 8, 2016
Overall, I was impressed with the focus on a good quality job from the management. Safety was very important and strictly adhered to.
Pros
Strong Safety Culture
Cons
Long days
WorleyParsons was a great company prior to the economic downturn.
Project Accounting Lead, Services Canada West (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for WorleyParsons for 5 years and the first 4 years were great, lots of job security, responsibility and opportunities. With the decline in oil prices, the company has cut staffing levels drastically and managers have had to take lesser roles in order to maintain a position with the company. Morale is very low within the company at the moment.
great place to work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
great place to work management is great hours are good 10 hr days with 2 hrs OT after 8 hrs. weekends off good ppl to work with great pay
good company
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Good company, nice culture, close to home, good salary increase. but currently has some problem due to low price of oil and gas.
Enjoyed my job
Turnover Completions Coordinator and DC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
I loved what I was doing in the job. it's a busy environment and the opportunity to work with many people in different positions and stages of projects was enjoyable. Learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the decline in the oil industry and a new Director lead to my layoff. Previous Director I believe would have kept me on.
Pros
Everything I learned
Cons
New Director
The company was fair.
Apprentice Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
It was a good stepping stone for me as an apprentice Ironworker. There were some very dear friends that I had made there and that took me under their wing to teach me much of the ironwork trade.
Pros
My crew was awesome.
Cons
not getting a chance to learn all that I could .
productive day at work
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2016
i loved working for this company the boss was really good with us the management was excellent there i know what i had to do each day at work and never had to be told twice i did my work it was a very enjoyable place to work
Pros
was you were greeted with a smile in the morning
Cons
you didnt know when you were getting laided off
Decent Stepping Stone Job
Process Engineer (E.I.T.) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Steady 9-5 Job. Great for learning technical work. Co-workers were friendly for the most part. Management is currently a mess.
business culture are nice
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
40 hours per day
I learned north American standard
co-workers are knowledgeable and nice
management group is a little big.
the hardest part of work is shortage of work
it is a very nice company
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
It is a very nice company, good working environment, Commitment to Employees and Customers. Understanding the importance of a strong workplace culture, share information with employees, treat people fairly, have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands.
Good people to work with, bad management
IM (Former Employee) –  CanadaOctober 6, 2015
No job security in this industry. All good news in the town hall meeting, but people get laid off everyday not base on their performance but the relationship with the manager.
There's a lot opportunities to grow, not bad at if the economic is stable.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Terrible place if you are not in the "click" or related to someone for advancement
office administrator (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONNovember 25, 2015
The big problem with this company is a total dishonesty of what you can achieve. If you go over and above your duties they are not recognized, nor do lower positions get the increases they deserve. The Management is totally incompetent in relation to recognizing value personnel, and you are or can be discarded at a moments notice. If you want to get somewhere, don't go here! They seem to only understand their own babble. The reason their size and share prices have gone down is not only the economic situation, they have been overpaying for people in positions they shouldn't be in (and it appears you see relentless weekly emails where someone else has been appointed) in higher positions, and unnecessary travel, expenses etc, the incredible dollar amounts spent on meetings and Townhalls which seldomly produced any further improvement to the people who will be affected, which is the worker bees, due to no one truly speaking their minds, and ridiculous markups on their services. When you have the client telling you to reduce your mark up, looks to me like you may have a problem.

Good Luck!
Pros
Some truly awesome people (perhaps a handful of trusted ones)
Cons
Too many Chiefs, waste of finances, lousy management, too many self absorbed managers
Good people
Environmental Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
There was a sense of camaraderie at WorleyParsons that I will always miss. Working for the company was generally a positive experience.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lateral movement between groups was difficult
Much better EPC companies out there
Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 9, 2015
Was a great place to work until their inability to win work caught up with them. Now just a body-shop. Most of us laid off just before Christmas. Horrible work atmosphere. Much better EPC companies out there. Avoid Worley. Upper management has no idea on how to fix the problems.
People on my project team are really good to work with.
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton areaNovember 28, 2015
Although work/life balance is not encouraged, my team mates are a great group of people to work with every day. They make it enjoyable to be at work each day.
Large Global company
Project Assistant Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
WorleyParsons is large organization with a multitude of cultures to learn from. A great group of people in the Edmonton location which are highly motivated and have a strong sense of teamwork!
Fun place to work
Expeditor for BP Projects on the BP (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work. Great place to improve your skills. Can be challenging when someone likes to see themselves grow. All the colleagues were great to work with . Great Management support when needed. Always looking to improve especially in a downward Economy.
Cons
lots of experience but very stressful
Senior Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  qatarApril 13, 2016
you can learn a lot at WorleyParsons; however, it is very stressful and intense. different kinds of projects. lack of transparency in communicating decisions.
Pros
wide range of experinece
Cons
stressful
Challenging engineering projects and leader in EPC
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
Fast pace, challenging company to work with and a great opportunity to work on a world class EPC projects. Fun work place with supportive peers and management. Good company to grow and develop.