WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Productive & Qualitative with a lot of Coordination
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2016
The management is a very supportive with regards to personnel and the projects are carried out with stringent productivity, safety and quality within the time frame alloted for the project.
Typical Oil and Gas company
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2015
Pay and benefits were excellent. However, job security was non-existent - as is the case with all Oil and Gas companies. Co-workers were usually helpful. They should have tried a lot harder to avoid layoffs.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
No job security, especially with the low price of oil.
5 star company
Electrical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2016
Deadline oriented tasks
Co-workers were very helpful
Love drafting job
Management was very understanding & helpful
Delivered every project on time and under budget.
Recognized for quality work
Pros
5 STAR COMPANY
Cons
LACK OF WORK
very poor management
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 July 2016
very poor management, it is a good company to work for but very poorly manage and corporate structure is very stiff.

management is only concern of company's profit and doesn't rely on workers comment at all
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
skin deep concern on workers comment
A very safe work environment with good pay
Year Apprentice Pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  CNRL Horizon Plant Fortmac8 June 2016
Good management,awesome workers,a very wonderful and safe place to work,lots of opportunities to learn and improve both in skills and safe work practice,co workers treat each others with respect and watch out for one and other.
Pros
The company treats their workers like a family
Cons
High safety conscious
Poor management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2016
As much as they pretend to care about their people. Truth be told they don't try all that hard. I've worked for them for roughly 1-2 years. I wasn't doing my trade for 8 months which they had my iron working throughout. Even after complaining/asking to do my trade. I was promptly told either enjoy it. Or walk down the road. The pay scale was to me not very good, for I've made more money as a 1st year then I did a second.
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Cons
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Senior Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Good place to work, everyone is friendly and helpful. Engineering is proactive as well as Procurement. They really work for the client and try to fulfill their requirements.
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Some long hours
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ON29 March 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Great place to work.
Service Desk Analyst - Serviced Desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I really enjoyed the team and atmosphere. I made some very long lasting friendships. Working there felt like I was making a difference.
productive day at work
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 May 2016
i loved working for this company the boss was really good with us the management was excellent there i know what i had to do each day at work and never had to be told twice i did my work it was a very enjoyable place to work
Pros
was you were greeted with a smile in the morning
Cons
you didnt know when you were getting laided off
Good
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
working at Worleyparsons is the besting in my life because all of my co-workers there are very polite and friendly, they always smiling at you specially my Piping Department Manager.
Pros
NIce place to work
Cons
No OT
Overall a reasonable place to work for
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
To work at WorleyParsons as Project Engineer department is a demanding and challenging job. You have to satisfy and meet expectations of both the client and also the disciplines working on the project. Most of the managers are cooperative and understanding and try to support you whereever they could.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No bonus
Productive and organized workplace
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB1 November 2015
Great company to work for, awesome people who know what they are doing and taker pride in their work. Great salary, benefits and perks for working with the company.
Great Opportunity
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
WorleyParsons provided an opportunity for me to advance my skill set and expand my knowledge from completing instrument datasheets to designing PLC panels.
Good place to work for
Material Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Great people to be around, always tries to have enough work to keep people working. I'm looking for a job in the city, that is the only reason I'm looking
The most enjoyable part of the job
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2016
The most enjoyable and challenging part of the job is the field surveys. Visiting the project work location gives me an opportunity to have a close caption of the detail of the work at hand. A different environment from a design office.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Gossips