WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Productive & Qualitative with a lot of Coordination
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2016
The management is a very supportive with regards to personnel and the projects are carried out with stringent productivity, safety and quality within the time frame alloted for the project.
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant SiteSeptember 24, 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Cons
Mediocre workplace with poor management.
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABSeptember 21, 2016
A poor paying workplace with short hours and low rates. Tools were always scarce for our trade with some failure along the chain in ordering the tools needed to work properly & safely. Poor decision making and knee-jerk reactions from safety/management to incidents, often with results/reactions unrelated to the cause of an incident.

You'll spend much of your time hunting tools or the foreman, who had nearly 30 workers to attend to along with other tasks to carry out. Apprentices & laborers were given lead-hand responsibilities without additional pay, due to Journeymen with no interest in organizing & managing the work.

Most workers at the time I left were checked out of the job due to very low morale related to poor income combined with a lack of the tools & support to carry out their jobs. To 'fix' this the plan seemed to be to fire the workers that care enough to be upset over the working conditions and lack of respect shown by management.
Pros
Good location central to the region.
Cons
Low hours, low wages, lack of tools, poor management.
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
Great Opportunity
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 6, 2016
WorleyParsons provided an opportunity for me to advance my skill set and expand my knowledge from completing instrument datasheets to designing PLC panels.
good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
5 star company
Electrical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 25, 2016
Deadline oriented tasks
Co-workers were very helpful
Love drafting job
Management was very understanding & helpful
Delivered every project on time and under budget.
Recognized for quality work
Pros
5 STAR COMPANY
Cons
LACK OF WORK
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
Challenging Job
Procrement and Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my job and the team I worked with to achieve the objectives and complete the projects we had on hand. A very professional set up.
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 18, 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
Challenging work, interesting and varied work
Instrument Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2016
Working with WorleyParsons, an E.P.C. company, has allowed me to work on a multitude of projects, which have mostly been in the upstream oil and gas fields. I started out on the tools as an Instrument Mechanic in England and again in Fort McMurray.

I enjoy working with the piping and process engineers so as to provide input to the development of the project P&IDs which would lead to a fully developed an meaningful instrument index which would allow me to a develop a plan for preparing datasheets and purchase requisitions.

About to be laid off due to lack of work in Alberta, I'm looking for something similar.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SKJuly 21, 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Good place to Work
Fabrication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2016
Work experience has been good during my empyoment, nothing negative to say, project based employment so work ends when the project does
Very Good leadership within company.
General Labourer/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AlbertaJuly 17, 2016
My co-workers were the best part of that job. The gap between managers and workers was close as they were very enjoyable to be around.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2016
The most enjoyable and challenging part of the job is the field surveys. Visiting the project work location gives me an opportunity to have a close caption of the detail of the work at hand. A different environment from a design office.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Gossips
Poor management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2016
As much as they pretend to care about their people. Truth be told they don't try all that hard. I've worked for them for roughly 1-2 years. I wasn't doing my trade for 8 months which they had my iron working throughout. Even after complaining/asking to do my trade. I was promptly told either enjoy it. Or walk down the road. The pay scale was to me not very good, for I've made more money as a 1st year then I did a second.