WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

great people to work with
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
With the exception of some senior managers, great place to work
The teamwork and desire to do a great job is one of the things I liked the most.
Unfortunately some of the senior managers did not foster a great environment
good place to work
Lead Discipline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
good place for working and learning from other experienced staff, flex able with work and life balance. Need to improve support for growth and mentorship.
Pros
free coffee
A good company with chance of working with other offices around the world.
Mamnager, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Markham, ontario11 January 2017
Working on major projects. Interfacing with various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, project management, project controls etc).
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Most of the projects are schedule driven, with extended hours being required during the course of a project.
Reasonable company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Old culture and management style needs to be removed. Overall company is decent to work in. Company culture is good for those that have different ethnicity
Poor Management- Morale is terrible
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB6 January 2017
I only briefly worked for WPC in Blackfalds but I was shocked at how low employee morale was by my second day. No one seemed to be happy to be working there. Within 24 hours of starting my employ they were pushing changes thru that were not approved on my contract.
The Yard Manager is an absolute tyrant. He has zero respect for anyone and micro manages constantly. If he spent more time doing his own job the yard would run smoother and people would be glad to go to work.
The Management is not honest and will change your work schedule without even discussing with you. If you can't meet their ridiculous overtime hours they fire you! Or if you can't work a stat holiday they threaten to fire you! Basically you walk on egg shells for a pay check!

In my opinion, one of the worst companies I have ever worked for! Don't waste your time .
Pros
Cons
Management, unorganized
Fun place to be
Material receiver (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Good place to work. But when it came down to time to be transfered to a new project. I never got a call back. After many long shifts and covering shifts to make sure the job was done. I felt alittle left behind while other people got to move on
Challenging Supply Chain Workplace Environment
Intermediate Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
- Day at work started at the usual time of 7:30am and went to about 5:30pm; day is usually filled normally with meetings, some site Expediting when needed but mostly updating material Tag's for the various projects I was assigned too.
- Learned Expediting and the various roles it plays within the Supply Chain Management world, and received a better understanding of Expediting works with Engineers, Material & Inventory Controls, Contracts, and Transport Logistics.
- Learned essentially 'software analysis' on my own of the various material tracking programs utilized at the time as there was no training available for new hires.
- Co-workers were nice at the start but rarely would they be willing to help out with your assigned current workload for vacations, sick leave and such unless management became involved.
- Management is hard to describe as I had 5 current Managers at that point in time that I was supposed to follow directions from, however these Managers rarely spoke to one another and would countermand each other on a regular basis so it was difficult to complete work on time without trying to a general consensus from each one what their chosen course of action should be.
- Hardest part was 2-fold - you had to confirm with your Manager on almost every single aspect of your job to get permission to do something which you knew from previous experience was correct, which was made more difficult by the above mentioned note; also the co-worker aspect of working in a team of Expeditors was very competitive, there was a definite sense of Managers playing favorites which would
  more... lead to Expeditors not having enough work to do throughout a week, while others were over-taxed with work and could not look after the assigned workload they did have.
- Most enjoyable part of the work is the connections I was able to make with various people from other departments within WorleyParsons to whom I keep in contact with to this day, as well as what I was able to learn from them.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Long hours, necessary information to complete an assigned task not usually provided
Great place to work, big company, well organized, lot of experience
Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
WorleyParsons is a big company with offices around the world, with expertise in all areas of engineering, procurement and construction.
It is very organized with good working procedures and work and calculations standards, commercial software for everything required in a engineering project.
WP, offers growth opportunities for their employees. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful, team work and cooperativeness was always there.
During my time there a learned a lot of upstream oil extraction methods and to work very closely with the clients (operations and maintenance) since I worked for the heavy oil and improve business units in brownfield projects and production facilities.
Senior management was disconnected from the employees and in some occasion from the client.
I enjoyed my time there because I think I made good friends, learned, had the support of my supervisors, peers and people that collaborated in the projects were I was the responsible lead.
The hardest part was to see good people and myself leaving due to the downturn of the economy and business.
Pros
Big company with multiple clients and projects
Cons
In Canada, mostly focused on oil and gas
Top Engineering Consulting company.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Worleyparsons has a very nice organization culture with dynamic management and flexible working hours depending on the job. Apart from work there are many social events organized by the company like Hockey Tournaments, Gatherings, Charities and Donations, etc.
Not a bad place to work
Crane Operator - Alberta/Red Seal Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
Each site is run independant of one another. So it depends on who the management team is will dictate the culture and positive or negative atmosphere . The equipment is leased and well maintained.
Pros
They did have a couple of barbecues a year
Cons
Lack of leadership on some jobs
Safety education
2nd Year Apprentice Scaffold (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Educate all employees about and help them practice safety. new employees are generally place with experience worker to ensure they learn proper safety procedures.
Pros
Worley Points
Cons
contract communication
Great place to work hard
Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Long days to make money
Lots of room for growth
Management is accomadating
Co-workers were friendly
Heavy Lifting involved
Good money
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Some employees are weird
Not a great place to work
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2016
Great salaries but when the work dries up they get rid of you as fast as they can. Each department runs like a separate unit. Very little cohesion.
Pros
Every second Friday off and long breaks over Christmas
Love the strength of this company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB8 December 2016
When it was flint I worked for them, then urs took over, and finally a solid committed to employees company has the reigns. I hope Aecom can implement workers of all aspects and skills from all trades beginners and journeyman into building a strong canada, putting thousands of canadian people to work earning a great living and reinvesting earnings into our economy for years to come.
Pros
Olenty of availability in every trade
Cons
Not hiring.
Good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2016
Good company. Always had work and provided very good safety training and forman were very good at delegating tasks. And the job was close too home.
Pros
Close too home
nice option
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 November 2016
its a great place to work at but the work load is very much compared to other companies around the globe. I would suggest a new person to work there.
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Good company to work for.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
WorleyParsons is a good company to work for. I was not fan of the management, but overall it was not bad. The best part of the job was that the resources were available to carry out the job. Most of my colleagues were cooperative. Learned quite a bit about pipelines. Can have your own working 8 hour day.
Pros
Available resources
Cons
Management needs improvement
Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Great place to work.
Service Desk Analyst - Serviced Desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I really enjoyed the team and atmosphere. I made some very long lasting friendships. Working there felt like I was making a difference.