WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work place
Electrical Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2015
Good workplace with cooperative colleagues. Salary / benefits not highest in industry but choice of job relocation to other countries. Job security is ok carrier growth chances are limited. Management is transparent and open to suggestions.
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Cons
Best part of my job is the people I work with, and we have a gym in the office
Project Cost Controller (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work for me starts from 8:30am until 5:30pm, checking emails and prioritizing my work based on the tasks in hand and trying to meet the deadlines.
I work with a group of experienced people that I try to learn from them on a daily basis.
I like my company's culture and how comfortable is communication with co-workers including management.
Hardest part of the job is that the nature of WorleyParsons business is always project oriented and thinking when the next project is coming on our plate can cause some stressful time for employees at WorleyParsons.
I enjoy every minute of spending time with my team.
Pros
free gym on the main floor
Cons
project orientation of the business
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
No carrer development
Sr. Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 13, 2016
the company have been through many restructuring and not able to secure work for their employees. WP is not able to provide competitive environment and not able to retain good employees. there is currently no job security as the industry is down.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Excellent Work/Life balance at WorleyParsons with great mentorship and support from immediate supervisors and management. A company with a full range of diversity and equal opportunity. Most enjoyable part was the camaraderie with coworkers and work atmosphere of a second family. Unfortunate mass number of layoffs and attrition due to collapse of crude oil prices and downturn in economy.
Temporary
Formwork Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Red WaterFebruary 8, 2016
Overall, I was impressed with the focus on a good quality job from the management. Safety was very important and strictly adhered to.
Pros
Strong Safety Culture
Cons
Long days
Management needs to be revamped!
1st year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great place to work! Start out with morning stretches etc to limber up and get ready for the day. Learned a lot about pipefitting in general. They preach safety safety safety until it infringes on production then they turn a blind eye then wonder why someone gets hurt. Spend most of the day trying to get the proper tools to do the job on a multi million dollar contract. Would perform daily inspections on equipment and pull out of service due to not passing and then would have nothing to replace it with. Certain bosses have big attitude and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
Pros
Local
Cons
Terrible management
Satisfactory
Snr Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Process Systems Engineering involving design of Petrochemical Equipment Sizing,Process Flow Diagrams , PID , consulting with Clients reviewing junior engineers calculations .
Learned in details engineering in Petrochemical Industries
Obtained experience in Management of team of engineers
Worked professionally with Co-Workers in friendly environment
Hardest part ofd Job was to identify clearly Clients Requirements as it was changing from original scope
Success in completing projects as per client satisfaction
Pros
Experince increased in all ECP Companies
Cons
Excellent coworkers and a good work/home life balance
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2015
WorleyParsons has excellent pay and good benefits. They promote an good work/home life balance. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. However, senior management does not appear to care about the rank and file.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and work home balance
Cons
Senior management appears to be in a permanent "CYA" mode.
Good Engineering envoiment
Rotational Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Nice work load completed at a reasonable rate
I learned that I have the knowledge to propel engineers to an new level and increase there confidence.
good management with very little impact on position.
Great relation with coworkers
Not being able to complete some writing tasks with out sub management over seeing, When you were the specialist of the position.
While in a meeting The solution i provided on a installation set-up for Shell
Pros
Hours of work did not affect house hold issues
Cons
Lossing position then loosing my third born son
Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
Its a good place to work have more opportunities for Piping Design Jobs both for Major and Maintenance projects
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 7, 2015
Worleyparsons Is a good company, with lots of good and hard working people. Have lots of opportunities to Learn.
Typical Work day is focusing on the task at hand, Design to review and Isometric to produce depending on the schedule.
Learning is continuos process , different design perspective of both the maintenance and operation point of view and safety as well.
Management company wide , there are too many managers, but project wise its good.
Hardest part or challenging part are the different changes in the design which is usually resolve up to the 60% milestone of the project.
Enjoyable part is designing and producing drawings.. and eventually seeing the work that I designed being constructed at field.
Pros
Good People and Lead
Cons
To many management people
Excellent place to work
Project Expeditor for NWR Project (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
This has been an excellent place to work, I have enjoyed all of my time here. I learned a lot, I advanced in my career and if there were new projects coming in, I would absolutely be staying. However my work on my current project is done, so I will have to move on.
Typical Oil and Gas company
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 1, 2015
Pay and benefits were excellent. However, job security was non-existent - as is the case with all Oil and Gas companies. Co-workers were usually helpful. They should have tried a lot harder to avoid layoffs.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
No job security, especially with the low price of oil.
A day at work
Vibroacoustics & Pipeline Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2015
- 1 greeting co-workers
- 2 meeting young engineers at there stations or at coffee place (talking casually about problems, resolution, etc.)
-3 starting up computer and checking mail, sorting, answering
-4 taking time to work on assignment
-5 learning new problems or resolutions
-6 brief meeting with young engineers and delegating or asking for a check of work done so far
-7 making sure young engineers understand what they are working on
-8 hardest part is when somebody fails and we need to "fix work" for that person. If hat happens more than a few times a persona must take responsibility and that i the hardest part of my job
-9 enjoying success of my group or personal achievements - the best
Pros
work place flexibility (hours), work culture
Cons
not enough experienced workers
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SKJuly 21, 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Decent Stepping Stone Job
Process Engineer (E.I.T.) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Steady 9-5 Job. Great for learning technical work. Co-workers were friendly for the most part. Management is currently a mess.
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.