WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
Good company to work for.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
WorleyParsons is a good company to work for. I was not fan of the management, but overall it was not bad. The best part of the job was that the resources were available to carry out the job. Most of my colleagues were cooperative. Learned quite a bit about pipelines. Can have your own working 8 hour day.
Pros
Available resources
Cons
Management needs improvement
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 August 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Challenging work, interesting and varied work
Instrument Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2016
Working with WorleyParsons, an E.P.C. company, has allowed me to work on a multitude of projects, which have mostly been in the upstream oil and gas fields. I started out on the tools as an Instrument Mechanic in England and again in Fort McMurray.

I enjoy working with the piping and process engineers so as to provide input to the development of the project P&IDs which would lead to a fully developed an meaningful instrument index which would allow me to a develop a plan for preparing datasheets and purchase requisitions.

About to be laid off due to lack of work in Alberta, I'm looking for something similar.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SK21 July 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant Site24 September 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
Poor management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2016
As much as they pretend to care about their people. Truth be told they don't try all that hard. I've worked for them for roughly 1-2 years. I wasn't doing my trade for 8 months which they had my iron working throughout. Even after complaining/asking to do my trade. I was promptly told either enjoy it. Or walk down the road. The pay scale was to me not very good, for I've made more money as a 1st year then I did a second.
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.
good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
Overall a reasonable place to work for
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
To work at WorleyParsons as Project Engineer department is a demanding and challenging job. You have to satisfy and meet expectations of both the client and also the disciplines working on the project. Most of the managers are cooperative and understanding and try to support you whereever they could.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No bonus
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Productive & Qualitative with a lot of Coordination
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2016
The management is a very supportive with regards to personnel and the projects are carried out with stringent productivity, safety and quality within the time frame alloted for the project.
A very safe work environment with good pay
Year Apprentice Pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  CNRL Horizon Plant Fortmac8 June 2016
Good management,awesome workers,a very wonderful and safe place to work,lots of opportunities to learn and improve both in skills and safe work practice,co workers treat each others with respect and watch out for one and other.
Pros
The company treats their workers like a family
Cons
High safety conscious