WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 18, 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Challenging work, interesting and varied work
Instrument Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2016
Working with WorleyParsons, an E.P.C. company, has allowed me to work on a multitude of projects, which have mostly been in the upstream oil and gas fields. I started out on the tools as an Instrument Mechanic in England and again in Fort McMurray.

I enjoy working with the piping and process engineers so as to provide input to the development of the project P&IDs which would lead to a fully developed an meaningful instrument index which would allow me to a develop a plan for preparing datasheets and purchase requisitions.

About to be laid off due to lack of work in Alberta, I'm looking for something similar.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SKJuly 21, 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Poor management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2016
As much as they pretend to care about their people. Truth be told they don't try all that hard. I've worked for them for roughly 1-2 years. I wasn't doing my trade for 8 months which they had my iron working throughout. Even after complaining/asking to do my trade. I was promptly told either enjoy it. Or walk down the road. The pay scale was to me not very good, for I've made more money as a 1st year then I did a second.
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
Overall a reasonable place to work for
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
To work at WorleyParsons as Project Engineer department is a demanding and challenging job. You have to satisfy and meet expectations of both the client and also the disciplines working on the project. Most of the managers are cooperative and understanding and try to support you whereever they could.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No bonus
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant SiteSeptember 24, 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
A very safe work environment with good pay
Year Apprentice Pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  CNRL Horizon Plant FortmacJune 8, 2016
Good management,awesome workers,a very wonderful and safe place to work,lots of opportunities to learn and improve both in skills and safe work practice,co workers treat each others with respect and watch out for one and other.
Pros
The company treats their workers like a family
Cons
High safety conscious
Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
The most enjoyable part of the job
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2016
The most enjoyable and challenging part of the job is the field surveys. Visiting the project work location gives me an opportunity to have a close caption of the detail of the work at hand. A different environment from a design office.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Gossips
very poor management
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 4, 2016
very poor management, it is a good company to work for but very poorly manage and corporate structure is very stiff.

management is only concern of company's profit and doesn't rely on workers comment at all
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
skin deep concern on workers comment
productive day at work
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2016
i loved working for this company the boss was really good with us the management was excellent there i know what i had to do each day at work and never had to be told twice i did my work it was a very enjoyable place to work
Pros
was you were greeted with a smile in the morning
Cons
you didnt know when you were getting laided off
5 star company
Electrical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 25, 2016
Deadline oriented tasks
Co-workers were very helpful
Love drafting job
Management was very understanding & helpful
Delivered every project on time and under budget.
Recognized for quality work
Pros
5 STAR COMPANY
Cons
LACK OF WORK