WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
data processing
Senior Document controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Data entry, well log data processing, copied data from historical media to disk system, printed, photocopied and prepared documents for clients.
Head of the field in the industry
Major Project Civil Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Provides great experience in many fields of Hydrocarbons and allows you to gain experience all over the world.
Good procedures and Practices
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good compensation and training
Good Engineering procedure and practice makes WorleyParsons a fun filled and stress free place to work with. Informal atmosphere, multicultural environment, good safety record
strong Engineering Department
Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: resourceful in engineering guidelines and proceudres
Cons: project management and control team require improvement and overhaul.
Very strong Engineering Department leant a lot and was happy.
A large worker driven company
Safety Watch/Labor (Former Employee), A plant near Redwater,ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: alot of specialty ppe for workers available and free ppe
Cons: long hours, long commute, just another worker at site
A large company with alot of workers who don't really care about working too hard or lacking work ethic. Some aspects it is good but others such as paying 100$/month for benefits that you arent using arent very great.
Great place to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Great place to work. Lots of chance to learn as all co-workers were willing to help you. Management gave lots of room for advancement.
Salary was good.
Eager to help you learn and grow
Piping Drafter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: surprise free lunches and breakfasts, free training, social clubs, new grad program
Cons: maintaining work in unsteady economy
Worley is eager to help its employees learn and grow in their craft.
Fun Place to work
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 28, 2014
Cons: no training
Training could be much better. Great people to work with. Gained good exposure to the industry. Advancement is difficult, and transferring is very difficult. Salary is average. Job security is pretty good.
Not a great place to work
Rather not say (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, competitive wages
Cons: terrible management, unhealthy work environment, depressing
Cold Lake office is poorly ran, terrible management an favouritism seems to run high there. will advance only if you kiss up to your bosses, who in the end have no respect for you anyhow an only care about themselves. Incredibly negative atmosphere to work in an micro management is encouraged.
Worse Culture; Low Management Team, Can't be trustful
Record Management (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 20, 2014
Manager team in some project lacks of management skills, unprofessional. The career let you not put your any personal advices, the annual reviews for the performances make no senses. although how you are good performed, there are no increases during these years. the expectations they promised to you never come true. No honesty and sincere. Some lead only show a great smile to their senior level manager team. If you have to survive in this work places, you like to play as a monkey, make a big smile, beg and head down every day..
Poor place to work unless you are part of the Click
pipefitter (Current Employee), Edmonton mod yardNovember 20, 2014
Pros: ok pay rates
Cons: management coked out and think they are doing great
Worley parsons cord mod yard edmonton..
Seem they must actually delete the bad post here..
Let start by the culture.. shut up or your fired ..
need a sick day your fired.. wife in hospital your fired..
Mouse infested lunch rooms. Wash cars toilets stay plugged for weeks.. no cleaning staff what so ever.
No tools to do your job. But don't dear let the Click.. (office staff or foreman's know you feel this way..)
won't spend money on light plants so you work in total darkness for about 3 hours..
it's cold now..oh wait they won't bring in heaters they said they don't want us to be comfortable guys have to go hang out in a bathroom for a warm up break.
Safety is a mythe. .
I'm not just a disgruntled employee. I believe they need a rude awakening. . They will never keep the job manned up.. it will be another spot for TFWs.
Because they will just shut there mouth and be happy to have a job.
I drew the line when I went in to have my coffee break and there was a mouse on my table with feces everywhere..
i can go on all day..
Great company to work for in busy times
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Great company to work for when times are busy, a relaxed atmosphere, and good culture for the time I spent working for them. Good co-workers and culture among technical and working level. Management at times too procedural.
Information Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my job but the industry is a little more competitive than i would like. I especially liked all the new things I learned while being there. The hardest part of the job was multitasking while still keeping deadlines. I was able to work well with my co-workers, helping them out if needed or they would sometimes help me if my load got to high.
If you want a career, don't work here
Geologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Cons: poor pay, poor management
Poor management. If you have an issue with something and want to discuss with management, you are seen as a complainer.
Awesome to be able to work through Worley with my company!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 4, 2014
Working for Worley Parsons has been an enjoyable experience. I have bee able to contract through them with my company to achieve the best possible for the Worley clients and my personal perspective.
great learning experience for a newbie.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
great environment at start, a lot of layoffs. management mishandled company.
Productive Team Environment
Welders Helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: weather
A typical day at work created a great learning environment, many co-workers willing to help. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job was on those days of extreme weather. However Worley Parsons was very accommodating to the safety and needs of each and every employee.
cooprative managment and co-workers. very nice place to work.
Process Engineer, P.Eng (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: you learn alot.
Cons: jobs directely related to projects and wouldn't last longer without project
I was layed off due to the shortage of projects but Still would like to go back and work for the same company.
Automation Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: no food
excellent, provide full chance to grow people. seniors are very supportive.
Potential - But Still Needs A Guide
Associate Project Accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: bureaucracy, different mgmt agenda's, slow to promote
Worked for company for three years.
Within 2 months was promoted. But then wasn't, even after completion of professional course work, assignment as trainer, and after taking on additional responsibilities.

Direct Manager was fantastic, very open and willing to teach
Manager of department left much to be desired

Co-workers ranged from amazing, to collecting a pay cheque, to almost out the door

HORRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT

1 2 3 4

About WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Limited is a large provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. – Read more