WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Enjoyed my job
Turnover Completions Coordinator and DC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
I loved what I was doing in the job. it's a busy environment and the opportunity to work with many people in different positions and stages of projects was enjoyable. Learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the decline in the oil industry and a new Director lead to my layoff. Previous Director I believe would have kept me on.
Pros
Everything I learned
Cons
New Director
Satisfactory
Snr Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Process Systems Engineering involving design of Petrochemical Equipment Sizing,Process Flow Diagrams , PID , consulting with Clients reviewing junior engineers calculations .
Learned in details engineering in Petrochemical Industries
Obtained experience in Management of team of engineers
Worked professionally with Co-Workers in friendly environment
Hardest part ofd Job was to identify clearly Clients Requirements as it was changing from original scope
Success in completing projects as per client satisfaction
Pros
Experince increased in all ECP Companies
productive day at work
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2016
i loved working for this company the boss was really good with us the management was excellent there i know what i had to do each day at work and never had to be told twice i did my work it was a very enjoyable place to work
Pros
was you were greeted with a smile in the morning
Cons
you didnt know when you were getting laided off
Good Engineering envoiment
Rotational Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Nice work load completed at a reasonable rate
I learned that I have the knowledge to propel engineers to an new level and increase there confidence.
good management with very little impact on position.
Great relation with coworkers
Not being able to complete some writing tasks with out sub management over seeing, When you were the specialist of the position.
While in a meeting The solution i provided on a installation set-up for Shell
Pros
Hours of work did not affect house hold issues
Cons
Lossing position then loosing my third born son
Management needs to be revamped!
1st year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great place to work! Start out with morning stretches etc to limber up and get ready for the day. Learned a lot about pipefitting in general. They preach safety safety safety until it infringes on production then they turn a blind eye then wonder why someone gets hurt. Spend most of the day trying to get the proper tools to do the job on a multi million dollar contract. Would perform daily inspections on equipment and pull out of service due to not passing and then would have nothing to replace it with. Certain bosses have big attitude and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
Pros
Local
Cons
Terrible management
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Cons
it is a very nice company
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
It is a very nice company, good working environment, Commitment to Employees and Customers. Understanding the importance of a strong workplace culture, share information with employees, treat people fairly, have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands.
Excellent place to work
Project Expeditor for NWR Project (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
This has been an excellent place to work, I have enjoyed all of my time here. I learned a lot, I advanced in my career and if there were new projects coming in, I would absolutely be staying. However my work on my current project is done, so I will have to move on.
The company was fair.
Apprentice Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
It was a good stepping stone for me as an apprentice Ironworker. There were some very dear friends that I had made there and that took me under their wing to teach me much of the ironwork trade.
Pros
My crew was awesome.
Cons
not getting a chance to learn all that I could .
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Excellent Work/Life balance at WorleyParsons with great mentorship and support from immediate supervisors and management. A company with a full range of diversity and equal opportunity. Most enjoyable part was the camaraderie with coworkers and work atmosphere of a second family. Unfortunate mass number of layoffs and attrition due to collapse of crude oil prices and downturn in economy.
lots of experience but very stressful
Senior Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  qatarApril 13, 2016
you can learn a lot at WorleyParsons; however, it is very stressful and intense. different kinds of projects. lack of transparency in communicating decisions.
Pros
wide range of experinece
Cons
stressful
Its a good place to work have more opportunities for Piping Design Jobs both for Major and Maintenance projects
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 7, 2015
Worleyparsons Is a good company, with lots of good and hard working people. Have lots of opportunities to Learn.
Typical Work day is focusing on the task at hand, Design to review and Isometric to produce depending on the schedule.
Learning is continuos process , different design perspective of both the maintenance and operation point of view and safety as well.
Management company wide , there are too many managers, but project wise its good.
Hardest part or challenging part are the different changes in the design which is usually resolve up to the 60% milestone of the project.
Enjoyable part is designing and producing drawings.. and eventually seeing the work that I designed being constructed at field.
Pros
Good People and Lead
Cons
To many management people
Enjoyable company.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Work/life balance was decent as was the salary. Plenty of room for advancement and job security was good. Management group was not overly forth coming with information but good people to work with.
WorleyParsons was a great company prior to the economic downturn.
Project Accounting Lead, Services Canada West (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for WorleyParsons for 5 years and the first 4 years were great, lots of job security, responsibility and opportunities. With the decline in oil prices, the company has cut staffing levels drastically and managers have had to take lesser roles in order to maintain a position with the company. Morale is very low within the company at the moment.
Great start out job
Construction Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work various responsibilities
I learned how important teamwork is
The hardest part of my job was learning all about engineering
Most enjoyable was the individuals I worked with
Excellent coworkers and a good work/home life balance
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2015
WorleyParsons has excellent pay and good benefits. They promote an good work/home life balance. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. However, senior management does not appear to care about the rank and file.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and work home balance
Cons
Senior management appears to be in a permanent "CYA" mode.
Fair Company
Senior Piping Designer/Checker/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
A good company, pretty standard among engineering companies. Most of the original employees have been laid off due to the current economic climate. So I am uncertain of how the future there will look.