WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SKJuly 21, 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.
Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
Overall a reasonable place to work for
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
To work at WorleyParsons as Project Engineer department is a demanding and challenging job. You have to satisfy and meet expectations of both the client and also the disciplines working on the project. Most of the managers are cooperative and understanding and try to support you whereever they could.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No bonus
productive day at work
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2016
i loved working for this company the boss was really good with us the management was excellent there i know what i had to do each day at work and never had to be told twice i did my work it was a very enjoyable place to work
Pros
was you were greeted with a smile in the morning
Cons
you didnt know when you were getting laided off
The most enjoyable part of the job
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2016
The most enjoyable and challenging part of the job is the field surveys. Visiting the project work location gives me an opportunity to have a close caption of the detail of the work at hand. A different environment from a design office.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Gossips
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Enjoyed my job
Turnover Completions Coordinator and DC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
I loved what I was doing in the job. it's a busy environment and the opportunity to work with many people in different positions and stages of projects was enjoyable. Learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the decline in the oil industry and a new Director lead to my layoff. Previous Director I believe would have kept me on.
Pros
Everything I learned
Cons
New Director
it is a very nice company
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
It is a very nice company, good working environment, Commitment to Employees and Customers. Understanding the importance of a strong workplace culture, share information with employees, treat people fairly, have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands.
Satisfactory
Snr Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Process Systems Engineering involving design of Petrochemical Equipment Sizing,Process Flow Diagrams , PID , consulting with Clients reviewing junior engineers calculations .
Learned in details engineering in Petrochemical Industries
Obtained experience in Management of team of engineers
Worked professionally with Co-Workers in friendly environment
Hardest part ofd Job was to identify clearly Clients Requirements as it was changing from original scope
Success in completing projects as per client satisfaction
Pros
Experince increased in all ECP Companies
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Good Engineering envoiment
Rotational Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Nice work load completed at a reasonable rate
I learned that I have the knowledge to propel engineers to an new level and increase there confidence.
good management with very little impact on position.
Great relation with coworkers
Not being able to complete some writing tasks with out sub management over seeing, When you were the specialist of the position.
While in a meeting The solution i provided on a installation set-up for Shell
Pros
Hours of work did not affect house hold issues
Cons
Lossing position then loosing my third born son
Management needs to be revamped!
1st year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great place to work! Start out with morning stretches etc to limber up and get ready for the day. Learned a lot about pipefitting in general. They preach safety safety safety until it infringes on production then they turn a blind eye then wonder why someone gets hurt. Spend most of the day trying to get the proper tools to do the job on a multi million dollar contract. Would perform daily inspections on equipment and pull out of service due to not passing and then would have nothing to replace it with. Certain bosses have big attitude and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
Pros
Local
Cons
Terrible management
good company to work for
Structural Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 15, 2016
start the day with tool box meeting then break off into our smaller groups. had another meeting about who was doing what tasks.

wrote FLRAs. got to work stick building structures
Built Rigging for Heavy Mods. Set mods
The company was fair.
Apprentice Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
It was a good stepping stone for me as an apprentice Ironworker. There were some very dear friends that I had made there and that took me under their wing to teach me much of the ironwork trade.
Pros
My crew was awesome.
Cons
not getting a chance to learn all that I could .
Enjoyable company.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Work/life balance was decent as was the salary. Plenty of room for advancement and job security was good. Management group was not overly forth coming with information but good people to work with.
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Excellent place to work
Project Expeditor for NWR Project (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
This has been an excellent place to work, I have enjoyed all of my time here. I learned a lot, I advanced in my career and if there were new projects coming in, I would absolutely be staying. However my work on my current project is done, so I will have to move on.
lots of experience but very stressful
Senior Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  qatarApril 13, 2016
you can learn a lot at WorleyParsons; however, it is very stressful and intense. different kinds of projects. lack of transparency in communicating decisions.
Pros
wide range of experinece
Cons
stressful
Senior Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Good place to work, everyone is friendly and helpful. Engineering is proactive as well as Procurement. They really work for the client and try to fulfill their requirements.
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Some long hours