WorleyParsons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons: Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Satisfactory
Snr Process Engineer (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Experince increased in all ECP Companies
Cons: None
Process Systems Engineering involving design of Petrochemical Equipment Sizing,Process Flow Diagrams , PID , consulting with Clients reviewing junior engineers calculations .
Learned in details engineering in Petrochemical Industries
Obtained experience in Management of team of engineers
Worked professionally with Co-Workers in friendly environment
Hardest part ofd Job was to identify clearly Clients Requirements as it was changing from original scope
Success in completing projects as per client satisfaction
Enjoyed my job
Turnover Completions Coordinator and DC (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Everything I learned
Cons: New Director
I loved what I was doing in the job. it's a busy environment and the opportunity to work with many people in different positions and stages of projects was enjoyable. Learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the decline in the oil industry and a new Director lead to my layoff. Previous Director I believe would have kept me on.
Good Engineering envoiment
Rotational Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Hours of work did not affect house hold issues
Cons: Lossing position then loosing my third born son
Nice work load completed at a reasonable rate
I learned that I have the knowledge to propel engineers to an new level and increase there confidence.
good management with very little impact on position.
Great relation with coworkers
Not being able to complete some writing tasks with out sub management over seeing, When you were the specialist of the position.
While in a meeting The solution i provided on a installation set-up for Shell
Management needs to be revamped!
1st year apprentice pipefitter (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Local
Cons: Terrible management
Overall great place to work! Start out with morning stretches etc to limber up and get ready for the day. Learned a lot about pipefitting in general. They preach safety safety safety until it infringes on production then they turn a blind eye then wonder why someone gets hurt. Spend most of the day trying to get the proper tools to do the job on a multi million dollar contract. Would perform daily inspections on equipment and pull out of service due to not passing and then would have nothing to replace it with. Certain bosses have big attitude and need to be knocked down a few pegs.
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Cons: Long hours
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
it is a very nice company
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
It is a very nice company, good working environment, Commitment to Employees and Customers. Understanding the importance of a strong workplace culture, share information with employees, treat people fairly, have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands.
Excellent place to work
Project Expeditor for NWR Project (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
This has been an excellent place to work, I have enjoyed all of my time here. I learned a lot, I advanced in my career and if there were new projects coming in, I would absolutely be staying. However my work on my current project is done, so I will have to move on.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Manager Engineering (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Excellent Work/Life balance at WorleyParsons with great mentorship and support from immediate supervisors and management. A company with a full range of diversity and equal opportunity. Most enjoyable part was the camaraderie with coworkers and work atmosphere of a second family. Unfortunate mass number of layoffs and attrition due to collapse of crude oil prices and downturn in economy.
The company was fair.
Apprentice Ironworker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: My crew was awesome.
Cons: not getting a chance to learn all that I could .
It was a good stepping stone for me as an apprentice Ironworker. There were some very dear friends that I had made there and that took me under their wing to teach me much of the ironwork trade.
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee), Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Its a good place to work have more opportunities for Piping Design Jobs both for Major and Maintenance projects
Piping Designer (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Good People and Lead
Cons: To many management people
Worleyparsons Is a good company, with lots of good and hard working people. Have lots of opportunities to Learn.
Typical Work day is focusing on the task at hand, Design to review and Isometric to produce depending on the schedule.
Learning is continuos process , different design perspective of both the maintenance and operation point of view and safety as well.
Management company wide , there are too many managers, but project wise its good.
Hardest part or challenging part are the different changes in the design which is usually resolve up to the 60% milestone of the project.
Enjoyable part is designing and producing drawings.. and eventually seeing the work that I designed being constructed at field.
WorleyParsons was a great company prior to the economic downturn.
Project Accounting Lead, Services Canada West (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for WorleyParsons for 5 years and the first 4 years were great, lots of job security, responsibility and opportunities. With the decline in oil prices, the company has cut staffing levels drastically and managers have had to take lesser roles in order to maintain a position with the company. Morale is very low within the company at the moment.
Excellent coworkers and a good work/home life balance
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent co-workers and work home balance
Cons: Senior management appears to be in a permanent "CYA" mode.
WorleyParsons has excellent pay and good benefits. They promote an good work/home life balance. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. However, senior management does not appear to care about the rank and file.
Best part of my job is the people I work with, and we have a gym in the office
Project Cost Controller (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
Pros: free gym on the main floor
Cons: project orientation of the business
A typical day at work for me starts from 8:30am until 5:30pm, checking emails and prioritizing my work based on the tasks in hand and trying to meet the deadlines.
I work with a group of experienced people that I try to learn from them on a daily basis.
I like my company's culture and how comfortable is communication with co-workers including management.
Hardest part of the job is that the nature of WorleyParsons business is always project oriented and thinking when the next project is coming on our plate can cause some stressful time for employees at WorleyParsons.
I enjoy every minute of spending time with my team.
Current Team, Client & Commute
Site Administration / Subcontracts (Current Employee), Redwater, ABDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Great construction team
Cons: Drive to site
Great team to work with, client is amazing, work with us on all aspects of billing, the only downside was traveling to redwater from southside Edmonton.

With 25+ years of Administration experience, would like to be properly compensated for my experience
lots of experience but very stressful
Senior Environmental Engineer (Current Employee), qatarApril 13, 2016
Pros: wide range of experinece
Cons: stressful
you can learn a lot at WorleyParsons; however, it is very stressful and intense. different kinds of projects. lack of transparency in communicating decisions.
No carrer development
Sr. Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 13, 2016
the company have been through many restructuring and not able to secure work for their employees. WP is not able to provide competitive environment and not able to retain good employees. there is currently no job security as the industry is down.
A day at work
Vibroacoustics & Pipeline Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2015
Pros: work place flexibility (hours), work culture
Cons: not enough experienced workers
- 1 greeting co-workers
- 2 meeting young engineers at there stations or at coffee place (talking casually about problems, resolution, etc.)
-3 starting up computer and checking mail, sorting, answering
-4 taking time to work on assignment
-5 learning new problems or resolutions
-6 brief meeting with young engineers and delegating or asking for a check of work done so far
-7 making sure young engineers understand what they are working on
-8 hardest part is when somebody fails and we need to "fix work" for that person. If hat happens more than a few times a persona must take responsibility and that i the hardest part of my job
-9 enjoying success of my group or personal achievements - the best
Much better EPC companies out there
Project Controls (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 9, 2015
Was a great place to work until their inability to win work caught up with them. Now just a body-shop. Most of us laid off just before Christmas. Horrible work atmosphere. Much better EPC companies out there. Avoid Worley. Upper management has no idea on how to fix the problems.
Links