WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Good work place
Electrical Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2015
Good workplace with cooperative colleagues. Salary / benefits not highest in industry but choice of job relocation to other countries. Job security is ok carrier growth chances are limited. Management is transparent and open to suggestions.
Excellent coworkers and a good work/home life balance
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2015
WorleyParsons has excellent pay and good benefits. They promote an good work/home life balance. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. However, senior management does not appear to care about the rank and file.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and work home balance
Cons
Senior management appears to be in a permanent "CYA" mode.
Challenging work, interesting and varied work
Instrument Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2016
Working with WorleyParsons, an E.P.C. company, has allowed me to work on a multitude of projects, which have mostly been in the upstream oil and gas fields. I started out on the tools as an Instrument Mechanic in England and again in Fort McMurray.

I enjoy working with the piping and process engineers so as to provide input to the development of the project P&IDs which would lead to a fully developed an meaningful instrument index which would allow me to a develop a plan for preparing datasheets and purchase requisitions.

About to be laid off due to lack of work in Alberta, I'm looking for something similar.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Typical Oil and Gas company
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 1, 2015
Pay and benefits were excellent. However, job security was non-existent - as is the case with all Oil and Gas companies. Co-workers were usually helpful. They should have tried a lot harder to avoid layoffs.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
No job security, especially with the low price of oil.
Mediocre workplace with poor management.
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABSeptember 21, 2016
A poor paying workplace with short hours and low rates. Tools were always scarce for our trade with some failure along the chain in ordering the tools needed to work properly & safely. Poor decision making and knee-jerk reactions from safety/management to incidents, often with results/reactions unrelated to the cause of an incident.

You'll spend much of your time hunting tools or the foreman, who had nearly 30 workers to attend to along with other tasks to carry out. Apprentices & laborers were given lead-hand responsibilities without additional pay, due to Journeymen with no interest in organizing & managing the work.

Most workers at the time I left were checked out of the job due to very low morale related to poor income combined with a lack of the tools & support to carry out their jobs. To 'fix' this the plan seemed to be to fire the workers that care enough to be upset over the working conditions and lack of respect shown by management.
Pros
Good location central to the region.
Cons
Low hours, low wages, lack of tools, poor management.
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
Difficult place to work
Proposal Coordinator / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2016
Difficult place to work - no direction - no advancement - no job security - never know if today is your last day - very stuck up - office doors always closed - only personable person was the receptionist and mail room staff.
Pros
Easy to slip out early as no one notices you
Cons
Typical EPC environment subject to cyclical fluctuations.
Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Met and worked with a lot of great people here, some of whom will be life-long friends.

Like any EPC company, when there is work the load can be heavy at times. When there is no work, you get laid-off plain and simple.

Getting every second Friday off is a nice touch, allowing you to get those appointments in where necessary, or just enjoying the 3-day weekend.

There really is no "hardest part of the job", you go in, do your job well, complete the projects on time and on budget, and celebrate a job well done!
Pros
Flexible hours and every second Friday off.
Cons
Limited room for advancement. Company does not like to help pay for courses.
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 18, 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Ok if you would like to remain in lower level in company
Office Administrative /Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
No room for advancement, management biased, unwilling to relocate employee, would rather lay them off. People whom I worked with were outstanding, but were unrecognized for their efforts
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SKJuly 21, 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
Productive and organized workplace
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, ABNovember 1, 2015
Great company to work for, awesome people who know what they are doing and taker pride in their work. Great salary, benefits and perks for working with the company.
Poor management.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2016
As much as they pretend to care about their people. Truth be told they don't try all that hard. I've worked for them for roughly 1-2 years. I wasn't doing my trade for 8 months which they had my iron working throughout. Even after complaining/asking to do my trade. I was promptly told either enjoy it. Or walk down the road. The pay scale was to me not very good, for I've made more money as a 1st year then I did a second.
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant SiteSeptember 24, 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.