WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a great place to work
Rather not say (Former Employee), AlbertaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, competitive wages
Cons: terrible management, unhealthy work environment, depressing
Cold Lake office is poorly ran, terrible management an favouritism seems to run high there. will advance only if you kiss up to your bosses, who in the end have no respect for you anyhow an only care about themselves. Incredibly negative atmosphere to work in an micro management is encouraged.
Worse Culture; Low Management Team, Can't be trustful
Record Management (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 20, 2014
Manager team in some project lacks of management skills, unprofessional. The career let you not put your any personal advices, the annual reviews for the performances make no senses. although how you are good performed, there are no increases during these years. the expectations they promised to you never come true. No honesty and sincere. Some lead – more... only show a great smile to their senior level manager team. If you have to survive in this work places, you like to play as a monkey, make a big smile, beg and head down every day.. – less
Poor place to work unless you are part of the Click
pipefitter (Current Employee), Edmonton mod yardNovember 20, 2014
Pros: ok pay rates
Cons: management coked out and think they are doing great
Worley parsons cord mod yard edmonton..
Seem they must actually delete the bad post here..
Let start by the culture.. shut up or your fired ..
need a sick day your fired.. wife in hospital your fired..
Mouse infested lunch rooms. Wash cars toilets stay plugged for weeks.. no cleaning staff what so ever.
No tools to do your job. But don't dear let the – more... Click.. (office staff or foreman's know you feel this way..)
won't spend money on light plants so you work in total darkness for about 3 hours..
it's cold now..oh wait they won't bring in heaters they said they don't want us to be comfortable guys have to go hang out in a bathroom for a warm up break.
Safety is a mythe. .
I'm not just a disgruntled employee. I believe they need a rude awakening. . They will never keep the job manned up.. it will be another spot for TFWs.
Because they will just shut there mouth and be happy to have a job.
I drew the line when I went in to have my coffee break and there was a mouse on my table with feces everywhere..
i can go on all day.. – less
Great company to work for in busy times
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Great company to work for when times are busy, a relaxed atmosphere, and good culture for the time I spent working for them. Good co-workers and culture among technical and working level. Management at times too procedural.
Information Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my job but the industry is a little more competitive than i would like. I especially liked all the new things I learned while being there. The hardest part of the job was multitasking while still keeping deadlines. I was able to work well with my co-workers, helping them out if needed or they would sometimes help me if my load got to high.
If you want a career, don't work here
Geologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Cons: poor pay, poor management
Poor management. If you have an issue with something and want to discuss with management, you are seen as a complainer.
Awesome to be able to work through Worley with my company!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 4, 2014
Working for Worley Parsons has been an enjoyable experience. I have bee able to contract through them with my company to achieve the best possible for the Worley clients and my personal perspective.
great learning experience for a newbie.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
great environment at start, a lot of layoffs. management mishandled company.
Productive Team Environment
Welders Helper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: weather
A typical day at work created a great learning environment, many co-workers willing to help. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job was on those days of extreme weather. However Worley Parsons was very accommodating to the safety and needs of each and every employee.
cooprative managment and co-workers. very nice place to work.
Process Engineer, P.Eng (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: you learn alot.
Cons: jobs directely related to projects and wouldn't last longer without project
I was layed off due to the shortage of projects but Still would like to go back and work for the same company.
Automation Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: no food
excellent, provide full chance to grow people. seniors are very supportive.
Potential - But Still Needs A Guide
Associate Project Accountant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: bureaucracy, different mgmt agenda's, slow to promote
Worked for company for three years.
Within 2 months was promoted. But then wasn't, even after completion of professional course work, assignment as trainer, and after taking on additional responsibilities.

Direct Manager was fantastic, very open and willing to teach
Manager of department left much to be desired

Co-workers ranged from amazing, to collecting – more... a pay cheque, to almost out the door

HORRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT – less
An OK place to work
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
- Low pay
- poor work culture
- long working hours
- no room for promotion
Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2014
People are great, great company branding however jobs are always dependent on the industry.
Good Organization
SR. Piping Designer/Checker (PDS) (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2014
Good Organization.
Good working culture.
Safe to work.
Management is friendly and cooperative.
Co-workers are friendly.
A combination of team and independent work environment
System Admin/Developer, ServiceNow (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
Working in a small team environment gives a lot of opportunity to contribute in the team while it also gives you to complete your own work independently.
worst company ever worked for
operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 26, 2014
Cons: everything
New yard poorly managed wont hesitate to lay you off or fires you. I showed up everyday and every ot shift. Promised 6 dollars raise never saw a dime. People leaving left right and center. When I started more then 500 people on site now maybte 200. Management is not approachable.
Hard working, Team player, pro-active, ambitious
Senior Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working in a fast-pased environment - work well under pressure.
Cons: the oil and gas industry is slow right now
Meeting Deadlines before scheduled dates. Working directly with Buyers, Expeditors, Engineers, Clients, Material Control, Cost Control, Project Administration and Project Procurement Managers. Learned to be fast and efficient and accurate in my daily work. Have worked with amazing co-workers - there for each other to get the job done. Always have a – more... smile on my face and tackle problems as they arise to benefit the company. Hardest part of the job - some days, not enough hours to complete tasks, but the job gets done in a mannerly fashion pleasing the Client. The people make my day enjoyable. – less
Fantastic
Technical Process Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
he work environment was wonderful people worked together towards a common goal. Never afraid to suggest new and innovative solutions. Some were implemented and others not, but everyone was heard. The people are what make this company as they treat it like it was their own. People walk around with a real sense of pride in their accomplishments and in – more... their defeats because we are always learning.

The job itself was never hard it only presented opportunities for improvement and outside of the box thinking. Stress levels may get high, but their was always time for play. To come together, be a team and succeed. Together we may fail, but that failure presented the opportunity to learn. As we all know if we stop learning we cannot move forward, success would never occur and failure could never be concurred!!! – less
international company
Instrumentation and Control Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2014
very good management
very good co-workers
Suncor, Fort McMurray AB, Canada – Fort Hills oil sands project.
- Generating Project Man Hour estimation, project Time schedule, RFQ, Data Sheet, Instrument List, Instrument Drawing and Engineer Work Package.
- Generating and Commenting: P&ID, Mechanical Package, Electrical Package
- Squad checking of interdisciplinary – more... drawings and Liaising with other disciplines.
- Generating RFQs, evaluating vendor quotation and provided TBE and recommendation leading to selection of the vendors.
- Reviewing and developing of DBM, P&IDs and plot plan.
- Generating specifications and datasheets for instrumentation commodities including sizing and selection of various types of flow meters,and transmitters.
- Developing instrument database utilizing Smart Plant Instrumentation. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Limited is a large provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. – Read more