WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
A company in decline
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
WorleyParsons was a young upstart consulting company 10 years ago when I started there. In that time it underwent massive growth and has now experienced a significant decline. The executive management team has been leading the company in circles, trying to do whatever they think will make their share price go back up. We've experienced up to three total reorganizations in a year only to go back to what we basically were to start with. They can't seen to win work when bidding competitively. This company is in decline and I feel they will continue to decline until they are bought out or go bankrupt.
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Excellent work culture
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary4 February 2017
This company has exceed my expectation on working culture. Very much open to move between offices and very much in network with global offices and requirements as if 30k employees working under one roof. Great people and company to work with.
Pros
Good management and vision.
Cons
Capability to bring largeprojects and sustainable projects.(Improving in
Very Good Engineering Company to work with.
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
-Employees are friendly and helpful.
-Managers and Supervisors are concern of employees future.
-No racial descrimination amongst employees.
-Staff that I worked with are knowledgeable and always cooperative.
Pros
Management are concern of your future plans.
Cons
Salary is lower compared to other Engineering companies.
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Not a bad place to work
Crane Operator - Alberta/Red Seal Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
Each site is run independant of one another. So it depends on who the management team is will dictate the culture and positive or negative atmosphere . The equipment is leased and well maintained.
Pros
They did have a couple of barbecues a year
Cons
Lack of leadership on some jobs
Top Engineering Consulting company.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Worleyparsons has a very nice organization culture with dynamic management and flexible working hours depending on the job. Apart from work there are many social events organized by the company like Hockey Tournaments, Gatherings, Charities and Donations, etc.
Reasonable company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Old culture and management style needs to be removed. Overall company is decent to work in. Company culture is good for those that have different ethnicity
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 August 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Some Loyalty to workers....In a way
Structural Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
There is a lot of bad management and availability is slim to none when it comes to pretty much any tool ever required. When it comes to the end of jobs they do keep loyal to their own and will keep you working as long as your willing to work and have a good work ethic. Wages have declined where they once paid more than almost anybody they now come close to last in the oilfield
Pros
They Keep you busy
Cons
Some Poor management Lower than others wages
Good local people, horrible global structure
Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Worked many years with great people until we were acquired by WorleyParsons. Didn't take long for Worley to make a complete mess of a great company with the profitable local business market. Absolutely the worst upper managed globally run company i have ever witnessed or been a part of. They have no idea what is going on at the front line and staff wer disposable regardless of stature they brought to the business, Zero loyalty.
Pros
Local staff were a pleasure to work with
Cons
CEO completely killed the company.
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Great group of professionals that are always focused on customers.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Company placed me on several high profile projects in a senior position. Allowed me to succeed with minimal direct supervision. Company respected my experience and approach to project management and gave me great support. Company promoted a balance between work and family. Generous in their support of local community including United Way and other charities. Overall a great experience.
Challenging Supply Chain Workplace Environment
Intermediate Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
- Day at work started at the usual time of 7:30am and went to about 5:30pm; day is usually filled normally with meetings, some site Expediting when needed but mostly updating material Tag's for the various projects I was assigned too.
- Learned Expediting and the various roles it plays within the Supply Chain Management world, and received a better understanding of Expediting works with Engineers, Material & Inventory Controls, Contracts, and Transport Logistics.
- Learned essentially 'software analysis' on my own of the various material tracking programs utilized at the time as there was no training available for new hires.
- Co-workers were nice at the start but rarely would they be willing to help out with your assigned current workload for vacations, sick leave and such unless management became involved.
- Management is hard to describe as I had 5 current Managers at that point in time that I was supposed to follow directions from, however these Managers rarely spoke to one another and would countermand each other on a regular basis so it was difficult to complete work on time without trying to a general consensus from each one what their chosen course of action should be.
- Hardest part was 2-fold - you had to confirm with your Manager on almost every single aspect of your job to get permission to do something which you knew from previous experience was correct, which was made more difficult by the above mentioned note; also the co-worker aspect of working in a team of Expeditors was very competitive, there was a definite sense of Managers playing favorites which would
  more... lead to Expeditors not having enough work to do throughout a week, while others were over-taxed with work and could not look after the assigned workload they did have.
- Most enjoyable part of the work is the connections I was able to make with various people from other departments within WorleyParsons to whom I keep in contact with to this day, as well as what I was able to learn from them.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Long hours, necessary information to complete an assigned task not usually provided
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SK21 July 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Mediocre workplace with poor management.
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB21 September 2016
A poor paying workplace with short hours and low rates. Tools were always scarce for our trade with some failure along the chain in ordering the tools needed to work properly & safely. Poor decision making and knee-jerk reactions from safety/management to incidents, often with results/reactions unrelated to the cause of an incident.

You'll spend much of your time hunting tools or the foreman, who had nearly 30 workers to attend to along with other tasks to carry out. Apprentices & laborers were given lead-hand responsibilities without additional pay, due to Journeymen with no interest in organizing & managing the work.

Most workers at the time I left were checked out of the job due to very low morale related to poor income combined with a lack of the tools & support to carry out their jobs. To 'fix' this the plan seemed to be to fire the workers that care enough to be upset over the working conditions and lack of respect shown by management.
Pros
Good location central to the region.
Cons
Low hours, low wages, lack of tools, poor management.
Enjoyable company.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was decent as was the salary. Plenty of room for advancement and job security was good. Management group was not overly forth coming with information but good people to work with.
Great place to work, big company, well organized, lot of experience
Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
WorleyParsons is a big company with offices around the world, with expertise in all areas of engineering, procurement and construction.
It is very organized with good working procedures and work and calculations standards, commercial software for everything required in a engineering project.
WP, offers growth opportunities for their employees. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful, team work and cooperativeness was always there.
During my time there a learned a lot of upstream oil extraction methods and to work very closely with the clients (operations and maintenance) since I worked for the heavy oil and improve business units in brownfield projects and production facilities.
Senior management was disconnected from the employees and in some occasion from the client.
I enjoyed my time there because I think I made good friends, learned, had the support of my supervisors, peers and people that collaborated in the projects were I was the responsible lead.
The hardest part was to see good people and myself leaving due to the downturn of the economy and business.
Pros
Big company with multiple clients and projects
Cons
In Canada, mostly focused on oil and gas