WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Very Good Engineering Company to work with.
Senior Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
-Employees are friendly and helpful.
-Managers and Supervisors are concern of employees future.
-No racial descrimination amongst employees.
-Staff that I worked with are knowledgeable and always cooperative.
Pros
Management are concern of your future plans.
Cons
Salary is lower compared to other Engineering companies.
Good Co-worker
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
Good company to work, very friendly environment. At this moment company don't have enough work to keep employee.
But if any new work comes company give preference to his ex-staff.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
lessproject to work now, so lots of layoffs
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Good environment to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2017
One of the best employer payroll and I wish to work again to them.
Training and good benefits. High technical people under engineering divisions.
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SK21 July 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
A company in decline
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
WorleyParsons was a young upstart consulting company 10 years ago when I started there. In that time it underwent massive growth and has now experienced a significant decline. The executive management team has been leading the company in circles, trying to do whatever they think will make their share price go back up. We've experienced up to three total reorganizations in a year only to go back to what we basically were to start with. They can't seen to win work when bidding competitively. This company is in decline and I feel they will continue to decline until they are bought out or go bankrupt.
Some Loyalty to workers....In a way
Structural Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
There is a lot of bad management and availability is slim to none when it comes to pretty much any tool ever required. When it comes to the end of jobs they do keep loyal to their own and will keep you working as long as your willing to work and have a good work ethic. Wages have declined where they once paid more than almost anybody they now come close to last in the oilfield
Pros
They Keep you busy
Cons
Some Poor management Lower than others wages
Good local people, horrible global structure
Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Worked many years with great people until we were acquired by WorleyParsons. Didn't take long for Worley to make a complete mess of a great company with the profitable local business market. Absolutely the worst upper managed globally run company i have ever witnessed or been a part of. They have no idea what is going on at the front line and staff wer disposable regardless of stature they brought to the business, Zero loyalty.
Pros
Local staff were a pleasure to work with
Cons
CEO completely killed the company.
Enjoyable company.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was decent as was the salary. Plenty of room for advancement and job security was good. Management group was not overly forth coming with information but good people to work with.
Excellent work culture
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary4 February 2017
This company has exceed my expectation on working culture. Very much open to move between offices and very much in network with global offices and requirements as if 30k employees working under one roof. Great people and company to work with.
Pros
Good management and vision.
Cons
Capability to bring largeprojects and sustainable projects.(Improving in
Great group of professionals that are always focused on customers.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Company placed me on several high profile projects in a senior position. Allowed me to succeed with minimal direct supervision. Company respected my experience and approach to project management and gave me great support. Company promoted a balance between work and family. Generous in their support of local community including United Way and other charities. Overall a great experience.
good salary, poor management
Senior Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
Overall good benefits and pay. Lots of layoffs , company started off really good but lots of job losses. and poor management
Pros
benifits
Cons
layoffs
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
great company to work for. outstanding team and leaders. great incentives and opportunities for growth. great company to work for. work-life balance is attainable
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 August 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Top Engineering Consulting company.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Worleyparsons has a very nice organization culture with dynamic management and flexible working hours depending on the job. Apart from work there are many social events organized by the company like Hockey Tournaments, Gatherings, Charities and Donations, etc.
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Not a bad place to work
Crane Operator - Alberta/Red Seal Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
Each site is run independant of one another. So it depends on who the management team is will dictate the culture and positive or negative atmosphere . The equipment is leased and well maintained.
Pros
They did have a couple of barbecues a year
Cons
Lack of leadership on some jobs