WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2016
Good company. Always had work and provided very good safety training and forman were very good at delegating tasks. And the job was close too home.
Pros
Close too home
nice option
Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 November 2016
its a great place to work at but the work load is very much compared to other companies around the globe. I would suggest a new person to work there.
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Good company to work for.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
WorleyParsons is a good company to work for. I was not fan of the management, but overall it was not bad. The best part of the job was that the resources were available to carry out the job. Most of my colleagues were cooperative. Learned quite a bit about pipelines. Can have your own working 8 hour day.
Pros
Available resources
Cons
Management needs improvement
Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Great place to work.
Service Desk Analyst - Serviced Desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I really enjoyed the team and atmosphere. I made some very long lasting friendships. Working there felt like I was making a difference.
Good place to work for
Material Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Great people to be around, always tries to have enough work to keep people working. I'm looking for a job in the city, that is the only reason I'm looking
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Good
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
working at Worleyparsons is the besting in my life because all of my co-workers there are very polite and friendly, they always smiling at you specially my Piping Department Manager.
Pros
NIce place to work
Cons
No OT
Productive & Qualitative with a lot of Coordination
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2016
The management is a very supportive with regards to personnel and the projects are carried out with stringent productivity, safety and quality within the time frame alloted for the project.
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant Site24 September 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Cons
Mediocre workplace with poor management.
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB21 September 2016
A poor paying workplace with short hours and low rates. Tools were always scarce for our trade with some failure along the chain in ordering the tools needed to work properly & safely. Poor decision making and knee-jerk reactions from safety/management to incidents, often with results/reactions unrelated to the cause of an incident.

You'll spend much of your time hunting tools or the foreman, who had nearly 30 workers to attend to along with other tasks to carry out. Apprentices & laborers were given lead-hand responsibilities without additional pay, due to Journeymen with no interest in organizing & managing the work.

Most workers at the time I left were checked out of the job due to very low morale related to poor income combined with a lack of the tools & support to carry out their jobs. To 'fix' this the plan seemed to be to fire the workers that care enough to be upset over the working conditions and lack of respect shown by management.
Pros
Good location central to the region.
Cons
Low hours, low wages, lack of tools, poor management.
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
Great Opportunity
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
WorleyParsons provided an opportunity for me to advance my skill set and expand my knowledge from completing instrument datasheets to designing PLC panels.
good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
5 star company
Electrical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2016
Deadline oriented tasks
Co-workers were very helpful
Love drafting job
Management was very understanding & helpful
Delivered every project on time and under budget.
Recognized for quality work
Pros
5 STAR COMPANY
Cons
LACK OF WORK
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
Challenging Job
Procrement and Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
I enjoyed my job and the team I worked with to achieve the objectives and complete the projects we had on hand. A very professional set up.