WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Love the strength of this company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB8 December 2016
When it was flint I worked for them, then urs took over, and finally a solid committed to employees company has the reigns. I hope Aecom can implement workers of all aspects and skills from all trades beginners and journeyman into building a strong canada, putting thousands of canadian people to work earning a great living and reinvesting earnings into our economy for years to come.
Pros
Olenty of availability in every trade
Cons
Not hiring.
Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Good company to work for.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
WorleyParsons is a good company to work for. I was not fan of the management, but overall it was not bad. The best part of the job was that the resources were available to carry out the job. Most of my colleagues were cooperative. Learned quite a bit about pipelines. Can have your own working 8 hour day.
Pros
Available resources
Cons
Management needs improvement
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.
A good company with chance of working with other offices around the world.
Mamnager, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Markham, ontario11 January 2017
Working on major projects. Interfacing with various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, project management, project controls etc).
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Most of the projects are schedule driven, with extended hours being required during the course of a project.
Poor Management- Morale is terrible
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB6 January 2017
I only briefly worked for WPC in Blackfalds but I was shocked at how low employee morale was by my second day. No one seemed to be happy to be working there. Within 24 hours of starting my employ they were pushing changes thru that were not approved on my contract.
The Yard Manager is an absolute tyrant. He has zero respect for anyone and micro manages constantly. If he spent more time doing his own job the yard would run smoother and people would be glad to go to work.
The Management is not honest and will change your work schedule without even discussing with you. If you can't meet their ridiculous overtime hours they fire you! Or if you can't work a stat holiday they threaten to fire you! Basically you walk on egg shells for a pay check!

In my opinion, one of the worst companies I have ever worked for! Don't waste your time .
Pros
Cons
Management, unorganized
Not a bad place to work
Crane Operator - Alberta/Red Seal Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
Each site is run independant of one another. So it depends on who the management team is will dictate the culture and positive or negative atmosphere . The equipment is leased and well maintained.
Pros
They did have a couple of barbecues a year
Cons
Lack of leadership on some jobs
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
Mature company very professional full of opportunities for grow
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
Very professional environment, people is happy working there salaries are good. International opportunities.
People enjoy team buildings. Company top manager leadership is outstanding
Pros
opportunities to grow
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 August 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Cons
Top Engineering Consulting company.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2017
Worleyparsons has a very nice organization culture with dynamic management and flexible working hours depending on the job. Apart from work there are many social events organized by the company like Hockey Tournaments, Gatherings, Charities and Donations, etc.
Time to leave a sinking ship!
Pipeline Automation Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
WP bought out a highly successful Engineering company in Canada and imposed a new business model. The original company strength was nearly 5000 personnel at take over. The business model is failing with the result that approximately 4000 people have been let go. A further result has been that another new company has started up using the original successful model, further contributing to loss of business to WP
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant Site24 September 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Cons
Challenging work, interesting and varied work
Instrument Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2016
Working with WorleyParsons, an E.P.C. company, has allowed me to work on a multitude of projects, which have mostly been in the upstream oil and gas fields. I started out on the tools as an Instrument Mechanic in England and again in Fort McMurray.

I enjoy working with the piping and process engineers so as to provide input to the development of the project P&IDs which would lead to a fully developed an meaningful instrument index which would allow me to a develop a plan for preparing datasheets and purchase requisitions.

About to be laid off due to lack of work in Alberta, I'm looking for something similar.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SK21 July 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Fun place to be
Material receiver (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Good place to work. But when it came down to time to be transfered to a new project. I never got a call back. After many long shifts and covering shifts to make sure the job was done. I felt alittle left behind while other people got to move on