WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Organization
SR. Piping Designer/Checker (PDS) (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2014
Good Organization.
Good working culture.
Safe to work.
Management is friendly and cooperative.
Co-workers are friendly.
A combination of team and independent work environment
System Admin/Developer, ServiceNow (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
Working in a small team environment gives a lot of opportunity to contribute in the team while it also gives you to complete your own work independently.
worst company ever worked for
operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 26, 2014
Cons: everything
New yard poorly managed wont hesitate to lay you off or fires you. I showed up everyday and every ot shift. Promised 6 dollars raise never saw a dime. People leaving left right and center. When I started more then 500 people on site now maybte 200. Management is not approachable.
Hard working, Team player, pro-active, ambitious
Senior Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working in a fast-pased environment - work well under pressure.
Cons: the oil and gas industry is slow right now
Meeting Deadlines before scheduled dates. Working directly with Buyers, Expeditors, Engineers, Clients, Material Control, Cost Control, Project Administration and Project Procurement Managers. Learned to be fast and efficient and accurate in my daily work. Have worked with amazing co-workers - there for each other to get the job done. Always have a – more... smile on my face and tackle problems as they arise to benefit the company. Hardest part of the job - some days, not enough hours to complete tasks, but the job gets done in a mannerly fashion pleasing the Client. The people make my day enjoyable. – less
Fantastic
Technical Process Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
he work environment was wonderful people worked together towards a common goal. Never afraid to suggest new and innovative solutions. Some were implemented and others not, but everyone was heard. The people are what make this company as they treat it like it was their own. People walk around with a real sense of pride in their accomplishments and in – more... their defeats because we are always learning.

The job itself was never hard it only presented opportunities for improvement and outside of the box thinking. Stress levels may get high, but their was always time for play. To come together, be a team and succeed. Together we may fail, but that failure presented the opportunity to learn. As we all know if we stop learning we cannot move forward, success would never occur and failure could never be concurred!!! – less
international company
Instrumentation and Control Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2014
very good management
very good co-workers
Suncor, Fort McMurray AB, Canada – Fort Hills oil sands project.
- Generating Project Man Hour estimation, project Time schedule, RFQ, Data Sheet, Instrument List, Instrument Drawing and Engineer Work Package.
- Generating and Commenting: P&ID, Mechanical Package, Electrical Package
- Squad checking of interdisciplinary – more... drawings and Liaising with other disciplines.
- Generating RFQs, evaluating vendor quotation and provided TBE and recommendation leading to selection of the vendors.
- Reviewing and developing of DBM, P&IDs and plot plan.
- Generating specifications and datasheets for instrumentation commodities including sizing and selection of various types of flow meters,and transmitters.
- Developing instrument database utilizing Smart Plant Instrumentation. – less
i do have some fun at work.
Senior Document Controller - Suncor Forthills (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: trying to get away on friday of a long weekend.
days are early. how to make critical decisions and trust your judgement. The most enjoyable is seeing the client happy with the work.
Active workplace, fun, some entertainment facilities were offered
Principal Piping Engineer / Lead Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2014
My typical day work is to distribute the engineering deliverables between the team and I. Follow up the work progress with the team.
Perform the task of some deliverables (pipe / equipment sizing, inputs to PFD's and P & ID's. Piping/Mechanical specifications. Review piping stress reports. Attending the regular daily meeting with higher management.
I – more... learned that the Workshare with other offices to be managed well and more coordination's are required.
The hardest part of the job is the coordination's with the other parties, it should be strengthen by higher management.
I enjoyed a lot in working with Worley Parsons, as they are organized, experienced, manageable, respectable and I get new lovable friends. – less
ironwork building modulars
journeyman ironworker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2014
Pros: there is work for now
Cons: talk of lay offs
good place
love being able to work ok place to work
same as everything else
Good company to work for
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2014
Pros: company events
Cons: flexible working time
Great leadership;
Descent work environment;
Many learning oppertunities.
Productive place with nice working environment and culture
Lead Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
An productive, sincere , happy with good teaming work environment and with cooperative co-workers and supportive management, sometimes challenging days when schedules has to be very tight.
Used to be a very prosperous company, now slowing down
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryJuly 12, 2014
It's a good company with a lot of good engineers. I myself contributed 2.5 years to it. However, when the pace slowing down, it laid off a lot of engineers, good or bad.
It is a great company to work with
Sr Process Engineer (Technical lead) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 22, 2014
It is a great company to work with, the working enviorment and people are really good.
Good place to work with and gain experince
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
I learned a strong and good desigen skills
I do layout design, Electrail and heat tracing design as well heat tracing calculation
Our lead is very frindly and helfull
A very good big EPC company
Principle I&C Engineer, P. Eng (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2014
The most of enjoyable part of the job is you know what you should do and how to meet project schedule.

Automation Management team is good.
Very positive and high competent team
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Experience in SAGD process with gained knowledge of material procurement, requisitions and cost coding.
Productive and fun place to work at
Automation Engineer In Training (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2014
I love everything about Worley Parsons from the work culture to management of employees, company and so on. It is one of the Alberta's top employers and the best company to work in 2014.
big company in alberta
PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
learn a lot from coworkers or training
give some opportunity work on site.
A good place for work
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, AB, CanadaMay 26, 2014
Good job culture
Excellent career development
More complicated managenment
Terrible management and time off balance
Foreman (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 12, 2014
Pros: lots of tools
Cons: everything else
Management was poor, job was poorly run, the workers did not know what to do half the time cause management did not communicate!

1 2 3 4 5

About WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Limited is a large provider of professional services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. – Read more