WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and professional workplace. Nice co-workers
Lead Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule.
Cons: Long hours.
Depending on the bussines unit you will face different kind of work. Personally, I enjoy the Improve units, these offices deal with (mostly) brownfield projects, it is usually interesting because you need to figure it out how to make changes or incorporate systems and equipment into running plants. The not so fun part is to dig for information when documentation is not organized, and drawings/documents need to be updated prior to the design process. It is great to see your design once it is installed and working in the field.
large world wide organization with 30,000 plus employees
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Salary good.
Fellow workers great.

While I was there I got to learn 3d for Microstation
NavisWorks and PDS.

banking time was is a great benefit.
good company
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Good company, nice culture, close to home, good salary increase. but currently has some problem due to low price of oil and gas.
Worked close to home. Loved the people I worked with
Technical Document Control Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2015
I worked on site at Shell Scotford in Fort Saskatchewan for WorleyParsons. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with, They were my work family. It was a great environment with the flexibility I needed when it came to family and health
good
Expeditor/Contracts Administrator/AP (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 8, 2015
busy office environment, interaction with the client. Peers available to train if interested. I had the opportunity to work with some very wonderful managers.
Productive and Fun Workplace to work
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 4, 2015
Company culture and philosophy were standard similar to other engineering firms.
I progressed to learn more about electrical, especially in creating 3D drawings using AutoCAD and Navisworks reviewer.
Good place to learn and grow professionally especially to a newly graduate.
Having very typical co-workers as other engineering firms, helpful and approachable, and mostly were enjoyable to work with is a plus in the office.
A great company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2015
A great company to work for, very serious about zero harm , providing possibilities to promote people.
Kind and professional people and reasonable managers
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 19, 2015
Work environment is very nice and the people is soo friendly to helping each others. The job diversity encorage you to improve your skill every day.
Good Luck
Environmental Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: listed above
WorleyParsons unfortunately doesn't care about their junior staff and they are disposable. While working there I heard a number of stories where employees were promised to be able to choose their direction for their career but were really just put into positions that were required to be filled for an "X" amount of time. Upper management are not accountable for their mistakes and are over worked leading to accountability to be passed down to junior staff and poor quality of work.

Try to obtain more experience through smaller offices first before taking entry level jobs with WorleyParsons. You will most likely be expendable.
good company
Senior Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 4, 2015
► Over 15 years professional experienced civil/structural designer in mine processing and hydrocarbons, industrial, commercial and residential engineering projects.
► Proficient in design software; AutoCAD, AutoPlant, Microstation\Triforma, ProStructures, Civil 3D, Revit, Triforma; Has trained in PDS.
► Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
► Good experience in sitework drawings for the development of mine processing plants, including earthwork drawings, site plans, and access road drawings, which includes the generation of 2D drawings using 3D software.
► Checking and inspection of steel structural shop drawing and fabrication.
► Good working knowledge of application of 2D and 3D CAD tools in development of conceptual designs and production design deliverables of some complexity.
Camps are great
Brion Energy Project Equipment operator (Former Employee), fort macMay 2, 2015
Pros: you most get retention from most jobs
Cons: coming inaving to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get your retention with no money
Hard workers don't get promotion they get laid off or if you are a pipe fitter you seen to get treated better,they seem to Premont people to foreman position that have no experience
solid place to work.
Information Management admin. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2015
Co-workers and team environment are excellent. Great place to work. Excellent salary and benefits. Location excellent for work / life balance.
Productive and fun while working with great people.
Project Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
I held various positions at WorleyParsons from CAD Administrator, project lead and CAD Manager. I enjoyed a diverse culture while working with culturally rich people. I benefited from the opportunities within WorleyParsons. The people were great with a great work atmosphere.
Good Company to gain work experience
Civil/Structural Technologist (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 12, 2015
Great company to work with. They have great projects and great people to work with. They have flexible work hours and great benefits.
Turn over rate is high
Lead Estimator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: Do what you want
Cons: No guide line
Company is growing rapidly. Project volume grew from $100M to $1B per year in a very short time. Procedures, staff and management are not catching up to requirement.
Generally lower salary, but otherwise fine
Mechanical/Piping Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
Has many side benefits such as well developed training, experienced people from all over the world that you can learn from, etc.
Project work diversity
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2015
Pros: good working and team work environment
Cons: Remote control of project work. Needed more time at sites to be more expedient
Well respected consulting company with expectations of being number 1 in the consulting business. A company that knows the need to provide a viable work environment to all its employees.
I enjoyed the team work that was pervasive and the diversity of the electrical design work that were part of the numerous projects that I was working on during my stay at Worley Parsons.
Leaned Hazardous Area Classification and assessment report development. Learned the inner workings of a first rate consulting firm.
Most of the project work originated at remote sites involving traveling to site for information during project development and execution.
I needed greater duration time on site with clients for the sake of project expedience.
I relished the opportunities of working on a wide range of engineering projects that required the use of my extensive electrical
engineering skills.
WorleyParsons Edmonton
Sr Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: interactive, comfortable work environment.
Cons: job security
WIth an office, desk, PC and tidy work area provided, its easy to work with the team to prepare project deliverables. There are regular management updates and town hall meetings to learn of project and company progress. Interactive allowing all staff to participate by mobile phone voting. A good place to work.
Job culture, Salary, Job-Family
Senior Electrical Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: diversified buisness model
Cons: less cafetaria space.
Good Job Culture.
Good Salary Package.
Good Work life balance.
Good Employee benefits
Good Social Event,
Safe environment to work.
Good office space.
Wonderful Systems
Project Quality Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
The company has a well established QMS system and worked well. I worked with a great team, who was very knowledgeable and was able to provide the necessary guidance where necessary.
Industry