WorleyParsons Employee Reviews

Low Salary and Over worked, Out of Touch Management, Outsourcing Jobs Now in India
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2016
Laying off a huge percentage of staff and sending many support staff positions over seas because it is cheaper. Low wages considering how pricey living in Vancouver is. Management is unaware of the importance of some departments, and unwilling to listen or support staff. Often staff would work many long hours not being paid overtime, or even for their time, as they were on salary.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Low wages, disregard for staff concerns, giving away jobs that should go to Canadians
Overall Good Place to Work With Other Than Recent Job Security Issues
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2016
Have worked with many great peoples here. Safety is an emphasize in corporate culture. Management communicate regularly with updates. Lack of job security is an issue in recent years.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at WorleyParsons. If I had not relocated with my husband, I would definitely still be working there. Great life/work balance and competitive salary. The Management I had above me were communicative, trusting and always there if I had an issue to help resolve.
good place to work
Principal/Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
A ok company for the life/work balance, but he company management is terrible so that the company is not competitive to secure the work from the clients
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
bad managemtn to secure proejct for company
Productive and fun work place
Instrumentation and Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 August 2016
1. Good environment to get help and work as a team.
2. I learned from every body different things.
3. good management
4. very helpful team.
5. the hardest part of the job is that it's not for long term and put you under stress of not having enough work to stay in the office.
6. the most enjoyable part of the job is gaining different experience with different people and new challenges.
Pros
free lunch and learn
Management and Safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2016
Management is there the giving day to day instruction for foreman, general foreman for a plans for the day. Company encouraging people to enhance they skills and share they opinions on a daily base and on task performance... upper management is there to babysit or micro-manage. Safety culture is a priority for the company, looking for ways to improve.
Sarnia office: the worth place that I been working, plenty with lack of ethics....and intolerance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Beach, SK21 July 2016
A typical day of at work plenty with lack of ethics....intolerance.....
I've learned how to withstand the intolerance.....
Poor Management.......
(90% percent of coworkers does not have a good communication skills.
The hardest part was to stay there. My boss in my last day, told me do not issue bad comments about that office.
The most enjoyable part of the job: my last day there.
benefits
Cons
Lack of ethics
Enjoyable company.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was decent as was the salary. Plenty of room for advancement and job security was good. Management group was not overly forth coming with information but good people to work with.
Adverage
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
When I first started my director never gave any direction to where we was going or encouraged us to expand our knowledge in the dept. The overall leadership was just lacking and the upper management was too buddy buddy to really complain. WP has potential to be a great company but there are lots of politics and buddy systems in place that keep people who would like to grown stagnated.
Mediocre workplace with poor management.
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB21 September 2016
A poor paying workplace with short hours and low rates. Tools were always scarce for our trade with some failure along the chain in ordering the tools needed to work properly & safely. Poor decision making and knee-jerk reactions from safety/management to incidents, often with results/reactions unrelated to the cause of an incident.

You'll spend much of your time hunting tools or the foreman, who had nearly 30 workers to attend to along with other tasks to carry out. Apprentices & laborers were given lead-hand responsibilities without additional pay, due to Journeymen with no interest in organizing & managing the work.

Most workers at the time I left were checked out of the job due to very low morale related to poor income combined with a lack of the tools & support to carry out their jobs. To 'fix' this the plan seemed to be to fire the workers that care enough to be upset over the working conditions and lack of respect shown by management.
Pros
Good location central to the region.
Cons
Low hours, low wages, lack of tools, poor management.
Good company to work for.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
WorleyParsons is a good company to work for. I was not fan of the management, but overall it was not bad. The best part of the job was that the resources were available to carry out the job. Most of my colleagues were cooperative. Learned quite a bit about pipelines. Can have your own working 8 hour day.
Pros
Available resources
Cons
Management needs improvement
Great company, provided good experience
SENIOR PIPELINE / PIPING DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
I liked working for WorleyParsons Calgary. It was a great place to learn something new on daily basis, great health benefits, good salary. We had a great Dynamic group team - fun and support for each other. I loved my job and enjoyed going to work. Unfortunately WP Calgary dramatically down sized due to crisis in oil & gas industry, sad news to many employees and contractors :-(
good salary, poor management
Senior Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
Overall good benefits and pay. Lots of layoffs , company started off really good but lots of job losses. and poor management
Pros
benifits
Cons
layoffs
Global Credential PMP / Certified Expediter
Buyer/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2016
Experience procurement professional skilled in purchasing material, equipment and services. develop and oversee operating budgets in both EPCM and manufacturing industries. Communicate with other departments, vendors, and executive management to ensure procurement goals met. Experiences with procurement cycle includes prepare RFQ documents, commercial bid elevation, issue purchase order, order expediting, receiving goods to system, and sign off vendor invoice . Posses’ knowledge of manufacturing operations gained while performing plant surveys at manufacturing facilities to recommend ways to improve operations. Excellent computer skills include SAP, SmartPlant Materials, Visual manufacturing, MS Access and MS Excel.
Excellent work environment
NCSO / Senior Field Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  NWR Plant Site24 September 2016
Plant, site is run very efficiently. Our role on the site is acting as the prime contractor under the clients governing role. We are over seeing four sub contractors groups who are completing the field work scopes regarding the construction of the plant site.
Great Team Atmosphere, with ability to grow individually
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2016
I worked with an exceptional team, who supported and fostered my growth within the company! Developed new skills (both technical and administrative) that will help further my career in marketing.
Pros
Great Business Development Team
Cons
Locations felt segregated after restructuring
good
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
good people. Not fantastic management. Too many managers, not qualified. Normally not staffed adequately. It was difficult to determine who to report to as there were too many managers and no clear report. I enjoyed working with the employees
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Over managed
Productive & Qualitative with a lot of Coordination
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2016
The management is a very supportive with regards to personnel and the projects are carried out with stringent productivity, safety and quality within the time frame alloted for the project.
5 star company
Electrical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2016
Deadline oriented tasks
Co-workers were very helpful
Love drafting job
Management was very understanding & helpful
Delivered every project on time and under budget.
Recognized for quality work
Pros
5 STAR COMPANY
Cons
LACK OF WORK
Diversity in both work assignments and office culture with good benefits
Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
WorleyParsons workplace is multi-cultural and this diversity enabled me to develop my people skills especially on challenging projects. Everyone is encouraged to be productive but at the same time balance your work-personal life activities.
The hardest part of my job is when i have to maintain the quality of deliverables at the same time that compressed schedules have to be met. Having said that, it is always satisfying to deliver successfully and get congratulated every time for a job well done.