Worldwide Clinical Trials

Worldwide Clinical Trials Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extraction-Lab
extraction lab (Former Employee), Austin north sideMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lc/ms lab has great pay
Cons: high turnover rate, no growth opportunists.
This company has a very high turn over rate and low pay. When I worked their half of the lab (about 15 people) were coming, fired, or on their way out and the other 15 people were some institutionalized. Almost no growth opportunities, unless you consider hangout in the extraction lab for 5 years just to look at LC/MS machine and that is only if your – more... one of the best. The LC/MS lab has it made with really no obligations, so the work between the labs is highly unbalanced. The documentation or LIMS system they have is absolutely horrible. Learning this LIMS is composed of 3-4 different programs, some that only work when buttons or clicked in a way that doesn't crash the system. Inventory and weighing, aliquoting process is an art of black magic at this company along with their automated aliquoating machines. Learning from their lead tech was almost impossible and management had no backbone or leadership capabilities. This would be a good company if you had a doctorate degree and worked in the method development side. The buck or blame at this company is almost always directed in some form or fashion onto the lab techs, even though most of their methods are some what bogus. I hope this helps future applicants to consider the lab tech occupations at this company before applying, because of the tension, low job stability and high turnover rate.

Regards, – less
Love my job and my company
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: comraderie, fast-pace, growth opportunities, on-site daycare
Cons: lack of communication between laboratory and clinical locations
There are many challenges in working for a CRO. The fast pace and the constantly changing environment can be challenging but are also rewarding. I've been in the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years and the people here have not only valued that experience, they have encouraged my professional and personal growth. I feel that management is available – more... and open to ideas, suggestions, and reasonable complaints. I'm personally honored to work here and enjoy my job and the people that I work work with on a daily basis. – less
Never a dull moment at my job!
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: manageable work assignment
When I started working at WCT Inc, I never thought I would experience so many challenges and that I would grow and learn as much as I have.

It's been 4 years now working as a SrCRA; with my previous ten years of monitoring experience, WCT allowed me to work in clinical research with the concentration of CN studies and Phase 1 studies. Because of that – more... I've been exposed to some cutting edge research that will soon benefit people who are living with Alzeheimer, Bi polar, MODD, Schizophrenia and bvFTD.

During my time at WCT, our company has experience continual growth in different areas of research with the biggest in CNS and Cardiology. What makes this company a success it's all about striving for the quality of work and not just making the numbers.

I enjoy working at WCT because I'm apart of a team in which I'm respected by my fellow collegues as well as upper management. facing new challenges because of recent company growth, understanding how important my position to WCT, making good/sound decisions on a daily basis and sharing my ideas to a very approachable managerial team.

I am grateful to WCT as I have found in this company the opportunity to grow in my professional life. – less
Supportive Work Environment!
CRA I (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Great place to gain or improve upon experience with growth opportunities. Very supportive environment and "team" atmosphere. Management is knowledgeable and flexible.
Great environment and ideal for those who are self starts.
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee), Nation WideFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day at work is busy, however, this is a great environment to enhance your current Site Management skills and have an opportunity to utilize your interpersonal skills, (organizational, communication and people skills). CRAs are expected to work independently. Which makes this an ideal work environment for those who are self starts and who work – more... well with minimal supervision. I have been with the company for 8 years and I absolutely love my WCT family! Clinical Operation managers are hands on and they are great to work with. CRA Managers encourage CRAs to develop and pursue their career goals. – less
Fast Paced Enjoyable workplace
Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great training, approachable management, fast paced
I truly enjoy working at Worldwide Clinical Trials. I do not dread getting up and going to work and feel that this is due not only to my colleagues, but also the work environment. My work load is constant and fast paced which keeps me learning new things each and every day. The management is extremely approachable and willing to help whenever needed. – more... They expect a lot out of their employees, but do not reign over them like dictators. Training is constantly given to those who are new hires as well as those who seek it. The company is widely diverse and does not seek to alienate anyone. I hope to remain with Worldwide for a very long time. – less
Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits
Cons: hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static
The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. – more... I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Job Security / Advancement is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement). Job culture sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it. – less
Management that can relate to you
Director Clinical Operations Site Management (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great management team, nice compensation package, reasonable travel load
We have a wonderful line management team at WCT. They are all experienced in every aspect of the monitoring process, so they understand your trials and tribulations. These managers understand what is reasonable and what is not reasonable.

The bottom line for sucess in monitoring (as in most jobs) is having the support you need. I believe that WCT provides – more... this. – less
Great Team Work
CRA (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
WCT is a great place to work! Everyday is something new so it is not the same boring routine. There is ability to advance and learn more. The management is very open to discussion and always willing to step in and help out.It has been a great career move for me!
Fantastic Company to work for!!
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: award-winning benefits, advancement opportunities, colleagues, vacation days, employee events
Cons: challenge yourself and there should be no cons
WCT is a great company to work for with great advancement opportunities if you have proven ability to do a good job. My days were always different and everchanging meaning adaptability, prioritization, and being versatile are very important qualities to have which is standard for any CRO industry. Working for WCT should be a very rewarding experience – more... as there is a lot of opportunity and talent to grow and your opinion matters. The employees are committed to their work and great to work with as well as a wonderful executive team. I truly enjoyed the team I worked with and was very sad to leave such a great group of people. Consider yourself lucky if you are given the opportunity to work at Worldwide Clinical Trials! – less
Unorganized
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2013
I never knew when or if I had to work. Communications did not exist.
WorldWide Clinical Trials
Research Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no hours
A typical day working for WorldWide Clinical Trials is fun, there are many different areas of work and your schedule. Shift begins and shift ends, basic routine work from Security Search, to Meals , to Vital Signs and more.
In a word...Deplorable!
Site Start-up (Former Employee), NCAugust 4, 2012
Pros: coffee and cappuccino makers
Cons: professional management, lack there of, lack of training and material
Site Startup contracts department is not the place to be in this company. The department is ill-managed and unprofessional on several levels. Co-workers are nice initially, but if you are not a "clique(ish) person or gossip girl" you won't fit in. Management carries on like high school mean girls and gives more consideration to frivolous and petty things – more... like what you are wearing to work and less about the professional decorum of the department and carrying themselves as such. There are NO departmental written protocols, SOP's or training of any kind in this department. Good luck getting answers to your questions from management you're better off finding it on your own. This department is simply a collection of people who have been working in their various roles/positions for so long that they proceed in their job function out of route memory. There is also a severe lack of consolidated databases and information on top of lack of training on said internal processes. Repeat business is a hardship for this company as a whole. If Start-up is miss managed than the entire study will suffer.
I highly recommend if you want to get hired on at this company that it not be in this department. Ask around and do your homework before you do. The turnover in this department alone is the highest in the company. DON"T DO IT! Good luck to anyone who does! – less

About Worldwide Clinical Trials

About Worldwide Clinical Trials Worldwide Clinical Trials is a global CRO providing full-service drug development services to – Read more