WorldStrides

WorldStrides Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great benefits and Pay--if you need a job for a few months
Educational Travel Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2014
Cons: poor management
Very difficult market--they give referrals only to their top sales people if they lasted the first season. Starting out there is no learning curve or formal training, lots of cold calling----GLORIFIED TELEMARKETING!!!!!! Educators don't respect you or the company very hard sell
Great Product and Culture
Employee (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAOctober 10, 2014
Good work/life balance. Casual work environment and awesome travel opportunities for employees and their family members. They don't pay at the top of the scale but you can't put a price on some of the perks that come along with the job.
Heartfelt place to work with great people!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great teams to work with and unique benefits
Cons: peak seasons can call for long hours
WorldStrides has grown substantially over the last few years and with that comes newer, more efficient processes across all departments. Despite the growth, they continue to place an emphasis on a casual work environment with a work/life balance. In fact, there’s a kegerator in the break room for employee happy hours and team gatherings. Unlimited sodas, – more... coffee and tea, casual dress code including jeans, flexible work schedules depending upon your department’s busy season, gym discounts, travel discounts – sure, there are busy seasons that are stressful, but it’s hard to overlook the overall package of WorldStrides. We change students’ lives every day! – less
-- DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING --
Account Manager (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: quick response to application
Cons: everything -- they are horrible
After submitting my application, I quickly received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well so I had another one with a group of managers. They asked me to do a project as part of the interview process. I was given a short document outlining a project that I was supposed to do. The project took me about 15 hours given its requirements – more... and to be "creative."

After I submitted the project I didn't hear back from anyone at Wordstrides. I followed up a week later and still nothing! It has been months now and nothing.

I can't believe how unprofessional and rude this company is. I feel like they wanted my ideas and work for free.. Do not waste any of your time or hope on this company. Don't waste your time applying! – less
Fast paced, telephone call center sales, Micro-managed.
Education Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 29, 2014
Pros: easy commute, interesting sales product.
Cons: micro-management
A typical day a the WorldStrides call center started at 7:30 am and ended at 3 pm. They also required you to make calls from home and on Sundays. WorldStrides embraced Micro-management. They consistently pressured you to make sales calls into territory that was recycled to try and find a new angle in.
I learned that a little bit about selling education – more... travel. But more than that I learned that I wouldn't be able to manage my sales territory in a way that I felt would be most effective. When I first started with WorldStrides I was a temporary hire and I was given a lot of freedom to work on a new specialized project. My sales numbers where decent enough to attract WorldStrides into offering me a full time position with their sales team. Once on the team the co-workers where very competitive and standoffish towards me because I had been hired from the special events side of the company.
The hardest part of the job was working in the micro management model. I was shut down from the special events side of selling and had no freedom to differ from the written sales scripts. They wanted a certain number of call made each day and most of the time they were listening in to critique your phone salesmanship. I knew I could sell what I believed in. I just wanted to have the freedom to sell in my own style.
The most enjoyable part of working at WorldStrides was making sales. There where times when they did not pressure you as much and I could be more natural and less rote. When this happened I was able to make the most production and I did sell well. I just simply decided that I could put my ability to sell to better use for myself than for WorldStrides. – less
Do not be honest or try to transfer!
ETS (Former Employee), CharlottesvilleMay 23, 2014
Beware of what you say and make sure that you do not try to ask for a transfer. One minute you have their blessing and the next you are being walk out the door with term papers. Not worth the stress and very poor benefits!
Worst company
Sales (Former Employee), MiMay 19, 2014
Cons: everything no pay, when they fire you they take you vacation days. run away from this awful co
This company is awful. They lead you to believe you are doing good and fire you before the selling season stops.
serious work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: nice employees
Cons: boring work settings
it was a good job, it was not something that i would've wanted to wake up every morning as a career to do but it was fun.
Great Entry Level
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 5, 2013
I liked talking with schools getting them to take educational trips with their students. I liked the competition on how many sales we could get in an hour.
great place to work!
Field Specialist (Current Employee), Shirlington, VaJune 27, 2013
As a field specialist your main domain is working in local airports.
good hours and benefits
FINICIAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), charlottesville VaMarch 31, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: i want more
go in at 8:30 to 5
I enjoied the type of work I did.
I learned more about using excel
They provided a class for it.
Some aspect of some of the managment we ok
Home Office.
Educational Travel Specialist (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: 401k match. medical. dental.
Cons: not enough family time.
Enjoyed working with teachers by phone and face to face each day to help them extend their classrooms through travel. History was the core curriculum of the educational travel programs.

What I learned was that the USA educational system is broken. We offered opportunities for students to extend their horizons. The teachers were exceptional, but with – more... constraints. Buy offering the extended classroom they made a difference in their students lives.

Management was consistant with training and direction.

My many co-workers will be lifelong friends.

It was challenging to find that teacher who wanted to go the extra mile for their students.

I loved to travel with the schools on thier trips and watch their eyes light up to the wonders of the destiinations. Now they have more information for a productive life. The trip that changed them forever. – less
worldstrides
Account Manager (Former Employee), charlottesville, vaMarch 1, 2013
our company was bought out by worldstrides. they say they have family values but you dont see this at all. Their customer service to their clients was awful. coming from a wonderful company who took care of their clients to one who did not was tough. people who moved up were based on who friends where not based on qualifications.
Hard work
Education Travel Specialist (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXOctober 30, 2012
You are required to work very very hard 24/7 during the "season" but the time off is pretty amazing.
Fun place
Financial Services Support/Receptionist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: freebies all the time
Cons: poor benefits
They have a lot of social gatherings, but want you to be flexible in the position you work in. You could be copying one day, shipping things out the next, on customer service calls and then copying again. However, this is only in customer service.

About WorldStrides

Since 1967, WorldStrides has been the nation’s leading educational student travel organization and the foremost innovator – Read more