Are you ready to be more than a Retail Sales Associate? Then start your management career on the right foot with Worldlynx! We have designed the Manager in Training role specifically to prepare YOU for a managerial position with the company within 1 year! Through online training and hands-on experience, we’ll provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to manage one of our retail stores.
As the Manager in Training, you will be responsible for providing assistance to the upper management team in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store. You will aid Store Managers with the daily operations of the store including, but not limited to staff scheduling, supervision and management of employees, ensuring customer satisfaction, product quality assurance, store maintenance, and health and safety compliance.
- Provide assistance to upper management in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the store.
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Assist in the interviewing, hiring, training and supervision of staff.
- Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all store associates as required.
- Ensure store conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
- Assist in creating weekly staffing scheduled; ensuring staffing levels adequately meet business needs.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by presenting customized solutions to customers.
- Assume responsibility for the knowledge of product, service and campaign/promotional offerings.
- Anticipate, analyze and communicate sales trends to store management.
- Ensure company policies are consistently adhered to and upheld by all staff members.
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Assist in inventory management.
- Assist to ensure availability of merchandise and services by working with management to approve contracts and maintain inventories.
- Have an understanding of competitive products and promotional offers.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures of the store.
- Prepare bank deposits; may be required to conduct the bank deposit.
- Adhere to guidelines of formal written training program.
- Attend regular coaching / evaluations with Store Manager to ensure training program remains on track.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum completion of high school education, or equivalent.
- Experience in the retail industry.
- Experience in a managerial role in retail would be an asset.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to lead and motivate when necessary.
- Excellent communication and 'people' skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility.
If you have what we're looking for, APPLY NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Who We Are & What We Do:
Worldlynx is a leading provider of telecommunication products, services and solutions to Canadian...