World Vision International Employee Reviews

Very productive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BujumburaMarch 6, 2016
World Vision has been for me like a very large University where I learnt much. What I have today as skills was from WVI.

Project management was the main role i played and I got an occasion to perform my project mangement skills through PMD Pro1 traiining and Bullet Proof Manager training.
I really enjoyed with working with World Vision.
Pros
Free lunchees
Cons
I am a Malawian born citizen, self-driven, confident and result oriented individual. I am a fast learner, hardworking individual who would work well i
Driver (Former Employee) –  LilongweJune 20, 2015
I work form Monday to Friday and in most cases over weekends and public holidays. I learned that in every activity one does mus have dedication. Time management is paramount to success in every business. Work coronation helps easy implementation of the Company aims and objectives.

The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to perform your duties, and make losses for the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is were the Employer pays you well and enjoy all entitlements and benefits and at least works with free mind as long as one abides by the Rules and Regulations of the Employer.
Pros
provide own lunch
Cons
works odd hours
Christian NGO dedicated to helping children in need by providing food, health and educational aid
Global Digital Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day would involve communicating with team members globally in various time zones. I further enhanced my interpersonal skills by interacting with people in 23 different countries on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was aligning 23 offices in different countries to align with one common strategy.

The most enjoyable part of working at World Vision was having the opportunity to apply my subject matter expertise towards achieving a global content management strategy.
Pros
Telecommuting, Interacting with people all over the world
Cons
De-centralized management and culture
Exciting and educative
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  MurambindaJune 2, 2016
It was very exciting and educative though it was for a short time.
i could spent the whole day collecting information from farmers of various farm produce. I learnt that to collect the required information from farmers you need to be patient and persuasive.
The Management was very cooperative and accommodating to our concerns.I relate very well with my colleagues and we shared very useful information. The hardest part of my job was Data entry during the evening and after working hours sharing scarce resources like computers. The most enjoyable part was to be able to meet our target as team and I was the one with highest entries.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner when camping outside
Cons
Sharing scarce resources like computers
A good learning environment with lots of opportunities to learn new skills
Child Health Now Officer Eastern Region (Former Employee) –  KampalaMay 31, 2016
Work starts with morning devotions and fridays work ends at 2:00pm.
I have learned how to work with a diverse group of people, how to interact with district officials and political/government officials. (The required protocols) I have also learned to work with people from different cultural orientations than my own.

Management is effective with a clear reporting system.
My co-workers are very helpful and share information freely.
The hardest part of the job has been making office requisitions, there are many ducks to align before you actually get what you need.

The most enjoyable part has been the travel and working with different and diverse kinds of people. Also seeing the impact of the work I am doing as making a valuable and positive change to the lives of less privileged and vulnerable communities.
Pros
Free teas
Cons
No free lunch
Excellent place to work where you can demonstrate your skills and faith
Senior Editor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2016
This organization is dedicated to helping the most vulnerable children in nearly 100 countries. The work is effective, and the staff is highly skilled and committed. Transitions and reorganizations are too frequent and may not accomplish the goal set forth in their purpose. The people I have worked with are genuine in their efforts to support the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
People, faith, mission, vision, long-term impact
Cons
The changing culture and demographics of giving is creating some turmoil, but is also prompting new ideas and methods of conducting the work and engaging with donors.
Typically friendly workplace for personal growth and development
PROJECT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Somalia and KenyaApril 27, 2016
My typical day at the work consisted of 70% office and 30% outreach. I was in-charge of the implementation of food aid programme in a whole region reaching tens of thousands of beneficiaries through different modalities. This involved: new proposal development, implementation of project activities, financial control, and reporting of the same. The interesting of the job is the satisfaction derived from helping people in desperate need despite the security challenges
Pros
Constant learning opportunities and support
Cons
Security related challenges
A mission driven organization with a constant focus on learning and developing
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (C.O.O.) (Current Employee) –  Eastern Europe, Middle East and South AsiaMay 9, 2016
This is an organization that does all it can to live up to its mission and core values. With regional operations in over 16 countries and a virtual team spread over multiple locations, traveling and coordinating events and gatherings to ensure a common understanding of performance against strategy is an absolute must. I personally enjoy the diversity of our 2500+ staff, the richness of cultures in the region, and the dedication of all staff members to doing the best job possible.
productive and working under pressure
Assigned as Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  AmmanFebruary 10, 2016
Hello

First I were hired as Project Assistant and it is so amazing work since you deal with all departments , so the funniest characters are a appreciated there to start break the boarders .

Regarding to what I learned I have learnt a lot from my managers , colleagues and even the beneficiaries , I have much advanced in learning technical improvement .

I adhered to my managers since i assist the project in a lot of tasks .
based one the challenges , I face problem with take the minutes of meeting because the operation manager asks me to join all meeting even if it related to another project which I am not involved in .

Every single minutes which I spend in working i try to crystallize it to feel funny and improve my self .
Pros
flexibility, capacity building
Cons
short break
Excellent work experience
INFRASTRUCTURE & SHELTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TaclobanJune 20, 2016
It was an opener to have worked in this company.

The work was not easy but the benefits to the community that we were serving made the work worthwhile.

Co-workers were tremendous. Easy to deal with.

Hardest part is the timeline of finishing all the work in an abbreviated timeline.

Most enjoyable is working with people who had the community in mind.
Pros
Just working with people who had HELP PEOPLE in mind.
Cons
Timeline
improve our status by higher education.
IT Assistance (Former Employee) –  AccraMarch 11, 2016
Working at WVI/ Ghana is great
how to communication to large amount of People
management is good and they always keep us updated
on the need to improve our status by higher education.

When IT, I mean connectivity was low from our end point but from the Internet providers.... heavy calls coming to me from higher range that was great.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
good condition
best work environment,compensation/provident funds, faith based and ensure accountability to community and the donors
Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  IslamabadJuly 9, 2016
great learning experience, enjoyed best technical support from support offices around the globe, opportunities for social interaction with co workers, work as stewards, working during most of weekends and holidays. limited opportunities for advancement
Change and christian relief
Assistant Commodity Tracking and Reporting Officer (Current Employee) –  KampalaApril 20, 2016
Prayer through devotions, beneficiary supervision, registration and food distribution.

Commodity accountability through timely and accurate reporting.
Pros
Responsibility
Cons
Job none commensurate to preveledges
Bad Place
Development Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Peshkopi,AlbaniaJune 23, 2016
Excellent place to work, Work culture great. Possibilities to grow your capacities , Great compensation. Healthcare included too. Planing and dynamics too.
Pros
Free lunches, security, healthcare
Worked as an assistant Agric Officer, Agric Offiffer, Project coordinator and all was fun as moving up in an organisation with large number of staff
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  ZimbabweApril 23, 2012
A memorable day was when I worked with the IDPs, was so touching and of value to me as I understood more of the humanitarian aspects. And my days in Sudan where I leant that everybody has his/her rights that need to be valued.Management is exciting when one fits in the culture of the organisation and value everyone around, adhere to the vales and mission of that organisastion.
Co-workers are part of ones; life and for one to enjoy the job has to accept those around him/her. The hardest part of the job is to please everyone as that may not happen. Enjoyable part of the job was achieving results.
Pros
free lunches, transport, housing, medical aid
Cons
need to strenghten the health and benefits schemes
Help people in need
Engineer for the reconstruction (Former Employee) –  Banja Luka, Bosnia and HerzegovinaNovember 13, 2015
Job in World Vision International was the most satisfaction because I helped people who have lost everything, and we have helped them to start life anew.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive, friendly workplace with different enjoyable things.
Area Finance Officer (AFO) (Former Employee) –  Muzaffargarh-PakistanNovember 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working with World Vision International and learn t a lot during my stay there. We use to play games like table tennis on daily basis after office hours and during breaks, cricket, football on off days.
So I had a very good relationship with my colleagues.
I had the freedom to try out new ideas and tell World Vision story. Resources for communications are never enough so one has to be super-creative
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NairobiOctober 14, 2015
It's an amazing work environment where people genuinely care for each other over and want the other person to succeed. Great team culture.
Great mission but lacking in leadership
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 17, 2015
The mission of the organization is great and they do wonderful work around the globe. However the leadership and career development to maintain quality people and drive improvements is poor.
Pros
Meaningful work, travel
Cons
No work life balance, poor leadership
Productive and good christian nurturing values
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Zimbabwe officeFebruary 18, 2015
The work culture is hard work and commitment.
career development and training
Tight reporting deadlines.
good management
Pros
travel assistance