World Vision International

World Vision International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
world vision is a good place to work
Sponsorship STEP Administrator (Current Employee), ghanaNovember 14, 2014
world vision is is place most people will like to work because it provides an environment to give up your best. will like to move on in my career
Place of daily prayer
Accountant/ Inventory Analyst (Current Employee), BujumburaNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free expression surveys
Cons: life balance
Every activity is lead by the prayer and conducted in faith for result oriented culture.

I learned the to value human being as all have been created by the almighty God

The management is focus on the compentency and TEECAP

The hardest part of life is the Fiscal Year End Report

The most enjoyable part of the job is the Induction or orientation for – more... a new coming staff – less
Security expertise
Country Security Officer (Current Employee), Jordan AmmanOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: medical insurance
22 years of working with public security directorate enhance my skills and give good experience in the police work also working with UN missions twice and recently with INGOs
Very Hilarious and Good working Environment
Medical Administrator (Former Employee), PakistanSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: parties with sumptious meal.
Cons: long but calm and peaceful working hours.
Management guide and take care of its subordinates and get the work done naturally and correctly with this liberty and calm atmosphere.
Every day employ learns a new thing to its career.
Nobody wish to say goodbye to the office in the evening.
Team leaders are very polite and pains taking.
Balancing between pressure to meet target and having time to reflect.
Experienced Seasonal Program Accountant (Current Employee), NairobiAugust 22, 2014
Pros: enjoying your weekend
Cons: little pay
A typical day at work start with personal devotion and committing all days program and reflecting at the end of the day of the achievement realized and not realized.
I learned listening and reflecting brings the difference.
About management, start with yourself first it will influence how you manage other people or resources.
Co worker, treat them with – more... respect.
Hardest part of the job giving up is giving up when things are not going right.

Most enjoyable part of the job ( Never accept to sit at the comfort zone when you are achieving your target without much effort) – less
An international org can teach you the different way of Life.
(D). Commodity Tracking System Officer (Former Employee), Manshera KPKJuly 25, 2014
Worked with World Vision International in Winterization and Education Projects in the target districts of Kohistan and Mansehra (Seran valley). During the course of implementation, country commodity tracking system (CCTS) and non-food commodity tracking system (NCTS) were successfully utilized to track and documentrelief commodities and maintain data – more... bases according to the organizational requirements.

1.Maintaining database of food and non-food items at using the CCTS and NCTS systems
2.Visiting sub warehouses to inspect food and non-food stocks
3.Daily and monthly reporting on available stocks, dispatches and receiving, losses
4.Training and orienting warehouse staff on commodity management
5.Reconciling stock available at warehouse with CCTS and NCTS records
6.Physical stock counts in main warehouses on monthly basis – less
Something new everyday
Country Manager (Former Employee), West AfricaMay 23, 2014
Push for LC based contracts in India and Far East.

Planning shipment schedules from 8 West African Origins.

Fund management and strategic fund planning.

Reduced and controlled expenses by improving resource allocation.

Manage operations in Senegal, Cape Verde, Guinea Conakry, Sao Tome, Togo, Benin and Mali with FOB based operations in Angola and – more... Guinea Equatorial.

Negotiated rates to cut costs and benefit corporate partnerships.

Developed growth plans by identifying key clients, key targets and priority service lines.

Offered feedback to executive-level management on the effectiveness of strategies, programs and initiatives. – less
Community empowerment is World Vision main focus. It's transforming to be in contact with the needy population that WVI is supporting.
Regional Coordinator South area (Former Employee), Latin America, and the Carribean Region, HaitiMay 7, 2014
A very fulfiling organization.The sponsorship program was very successful. Children were given access to education and families became sustainable financialy due to small business programs established throughout the projects.
You can contribute with your work to make a change in children life around the world.
Facilitator of Monitoring and Evaluation (Former Employee), HondurasMarch 24, 2014
Pros: very responsable organization
Cons: sometimes you work a lot under presure
Typical days are always very very busy. You always have the opportunity to learn about different areas because they give you a good trainings very often. Most of the co-workers are always committed to help.
The hardest part is you will have a lot of work to do and be prepare for work under pressure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see children – more... smile when they receive the help. – less
Fairly good place to work in
Safety & Security Manager (Former Employee), Nairobi KenyaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free tea/coffee. bonus at year end termed cost of life adjustment (cola)
Cons: short breaks . excess prayer sessions. numerous meetings, some of which have little value addition.
serve two exciting years. The work was intense with little breaks in between. Overall, a good exposure in terms of personal career development.
Good working environment for learning and reflections
Project Officer (Current Employee), naivashaFebruary 7, 2014
The work entails implementation of project activities in an enabling environment,under competent and effective management with team work relevant for accomplishing project goals.
working with WV was interesting
Security/Logistic Officer (Former Employee), Kabul, KABFebruary 3, 2014
I have learned a lot from WV, the main thing how to understand the value of children in the world specially the children who lives in poverty life. I received variety of training by WV in the filed of Management and Procurement policies, the most enjoyable part of my previous job was helping poor children going to the field.
Interesting and educative invironment
Water Hygiene, Sanitation and Health Supervisor (Former Employee), San-MaliDecember 26, 2013
World Vision is a good organization. One of the thing I was not agree is the fact not taking non-chretians for the position of manager. I knew even if I have all the qualifiacation and do my best I couldn't expected to benefit an advancement. That situation discouraged me a lot. Sure it was their principes and I had to heave for study. I didn't want – more... to back to World Vision. – less
World Vision was an average rated organisation and which worked towards Child welfare and in most cases achieved its goals, visions and objectives at
People and Culture Officer (Former Employee), Hai Cinema Juba South Sudan.December 10, 2013
Pros: it was nice working with that particular team.
Cons: administration was wanting as change adoptation was viewed as athreat to the then team leaders.
My typical day at work began at 8am with previous days reviews,looking at my to do list, if was to start with recruitment, Interviews would be top on the list with my schedule hanging next to me.

I learnt that time management helps sort out alot messes that there could be and help one finish up work in a more professional way, giving credit to you – more... the performer and the Department as a whole.
My coworkers were part of the teams in which i worked with and socially interacted with during times off or break times.

The hardest part of my job was on how to communicate a negative change to a like issuing a Termination letter,downsizing.

I enjoyed Orienting staff into the Organization, explaining Company Policies and handing over an Offer, Contract, JDs to staff this created alot Joy to me.

Overall , Management was a dynamic team to deal with we spoke over issues and made collective decisions that impacted positively to the Organization. – less
We had get togethers after work
Finance Officer (Former Employee), AfghanstanNovember 18, 2013
Working environment was excellent so were the people I worked with,
Charitable atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chai CheeNovember 10, 2013
Pros: good opportunities to learn about volunteering
Cons: no aws / bonus
General Administrative Duties.
To be more communicative.
Management is teamwork.
Readiness to understand each other.
Getting a sponsor.
Seeing that a child is given opportunities.
I have learned and got experience.
Internee (Former Employee), Abdara road peshawerOctober 22, 2013
Pros: lunch of my own
Cons: break at 1:00 pm
i have great experience working as internee in world vision n.g.o.I have two months experience in this n.g.o.I have very talented Boss.I learned very much from him at that short time.First two weeks are very hard for me because my Boss take me so many work.After i am adjusted and enjoy my job.My co worker are very supportable and polite.This n.g.o management – more... is very impressive and disciplened. – less
That was my second University
Finance & Administration Manager , Finance Officer (Former Employee), Ethiopia Country OfficeSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: we had free water and coffee in the morning and afternoon.
Cons: life insurance, medical benefit with all family and provident fund
I was started my jobs on Feb 5,2007 .I learned all things regarding to Accounting and Finance from grass-root level to Delegated Finance and Administration Manager. The management follows modern management system .The hardest part of my jobs in World Vision International was field work, that was rural area.The most enjoyable part of the job was life – more... of the worker . All workers were honest and respectful. – less
Excellent work environment , good opportunity for personal & professional growth
HR& OD Director -Sudan Program (Former Employee), KhartoumAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch, on specific days, cafeteria with subsided rates
Cons: short breaks, acceptance of moments for spritual nurturing.
I learnt that in World Vision they care about the staff and how to make the staff more productive.
Management is caring and always ensures that staff are valued and respected
Co-workers have developed a culture of working as a unit, and you find space and you belong.
The hardest part of my job was that it involved taking both the good and the bad decisions – more... to emphasize that this is not necessarily the organization per see, but rather it is the nature of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the results of investment in human resources. It shows you that you have added value and gives you pride that you have been able to make a difference

World Vision is such a fantastic organization that I will not mind to return one day when an opportunity arises – less
Voluminous multi processes. Extensive top down initiatives.
Finance Supervisor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 31, 2013
Pros: employee empowerment in terms of work and results
Cons: long hours and multi-deadlines requiring work to be carried home
A typical work day involves adhoc varied requests colored with meetings and subsequent routine work done in late hours either at office or home
I learnt to be multi-tasking and innovative in a highly pressured work environment.
Management delegates and encourages staff to be able manage their time; however, there is lack of support for staff to be able – more... to balance work and life needs.
Co-workers are cooperative and understand the common goals
hardest part of the job pertains to top-down initiatives that are not clearly defined and sometimes not inline with the needs of users.
Financial reporting and management of clear mandated initiatives are the most enjoyable part of my work. – less

World Vision International Photos