World Vision International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to work where you can demonstrate your skills and faith
Senior Editor/Writer (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2016
Pros: People, faith, mission, vision, long-term impact
Cons: The changing culture and demographics of giving is creating some turmoil, but is also prompting new ideas and methods of conducting the work and engaging with donors.
This organization is dedicated to helping the most vulnerable children in nearly 100 countries. The work is effective, and the staff is highly skilled and committed. Transitions and reorganizations are too frequent and may not accomplish the goal set forth in their purpose. The people I have worked with are genuine in their efforts to support the mission and vision of the organization.
improve our status by higher education.
IT Assistance (Former Employee), AccraMarch 11, 2016
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: good condition
Working at WVI/ Ghana is great
how to communication to large amount of People
management is good and they always keep us updated
on the need to improve our status by higher education.

When IT, I mean connectivity was low from our end point but from the Internet providers.... heavy calls coming to me from higher range that was great.
Very productive
Project Manager (Former Employee), BujumburaMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Free lunchees
Cons: Long hours
World Vision has been for me like a very large University where I learnt much. What I have today as skills was from WVI.

Project management was the main role i played and I got an occasion to perform my project mangement skills through PMD Pro1 traiining and Bullet Proof Manager training.
I really enjoyed with working with World Vision.
productive and working under pressure
Assigned as Project Assistant (Current Employee), AmmanFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: flexibility, capacity building
Cons: short break
Hello

First I were hired as Project Assistant and it is so amazing work since you deal with all departments , so the funniest characters are a appreciated there to start break the boarders .

Regarding to what I learned I have learnt a lot from my managers , colleagues and even the beneficiaries , I have much advanced in learning technical improvement .

I adhered to my managers since i assist the project in a lot of tasks .
based one the challenges , I face problem with take the minutes of meeting because the operation manager asks me to join all meeting even if it related to another project which I am not involved in .

Every single minutes which I spend in working i try to crystallize it to feel funny and improve my self .
Christian NGO dedicated to helping children in need by providing food, health and educational aid
Global Digital Asset Manager (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Telecommuting, Interacting with people all over the world
Cons: De-centralized management and culture
A typical day would involve communicating with team members globally in various time zones. I further enhanced my interpersonal skills by interacting with people in 23 different countries on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was aligning 23 offices in different countries to align with one common strategy.

The most enjoyable part of working at World Vision was having the opportunity to apply my subject matter expertise towards achieving a global content management strategy.
Productive, friendly workplace with different enjoyable things.
Area Finance Officer (AFO) (Former Employee), Muzaffargarh-PakistanNovember 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working with World Vision International and learn t a lot during my stay there. We use to play games like table tennis on daily basis after office hours and during breaks, cricket, football on off days.
So I had a very good relationship with my colleagues.
Help people in need
Engineer for the reconstruction (Former Employee), Banja Luka, Bosnia and HerzegovinaNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours
Job in World Vision International was the most satisfaction because I helped people who have lost everything, and we have helped them to start life anew.
I had the freedom to try out new ideas and tell World Vision story. Resources for communications are never enough so one has to be super-creative
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), NairobiOctober 14, 2015
It's an amazing work environment where people genuinely care for each other over and want the other person to succeed. Great team culture.
Good culture of promoting individual brilliance and initiatives
Health educator/Logistician (Former Employee), BulawayoSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Enough rest
Cons: NIL
Learned about various community mobilization strategies. Coordination of community programs with government departments, learned more about Christian values.
Great place to work for. Was able to share my knowledge and give to the community
HIV/AIDS Consultant (Former Employee), Kenya, NairobiSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Christian environment, supportive environment
I was positively challenged, greatly enjoyed educating, training and helping one of the communities as a pilot study. Had a positive impact at a local and international level.
Usually stressful environment. Politicking is normal.
Country Representative (Former Employee), MonroviaAugust 27, 2015
The mission of the organisation is great. Poor people greatly benefit from the work. Co-workers tended to be political. There was usually too much work making it difficult to balance work/family life.
perfect atmosphere for learning
NFE Teacher/Facilitator (Current Employee), pakistanAugust 10, 2015
Pros: provident
Cons: health allownce
.Daily routine is pefect,scheduled visit ,work plan and meeting,liaoning with govt. deptt.exemptionaql communication skills
World Vision is an amazing place to work
Global Communications Intern (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAJuly 21, 2015
World Vision International is absolutely a wonderful place to work. the culture of the company is very friendly. WVI has more of a problem getting employers to take time off than to get them to work because no one wants to take time off, due to the fact that they love their job.
paying Eied bounus
Livelihood officer (Current Employee), Herat- AfghanistanJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Field perdium
Result oriented, willing to work in a wide range of challenging responsibilities, eager to learn new skills on the job, flexible under work stress, ready to adjust personal life style to cater for early start and late finish if needed, a team worker.
I am a Malawian born citizen, self-driven, confident and result oriented individual. I am a fast learner, hardworking individual who would work well i
Driver (Former Employee), LilongweJune 20, 2015
Pros: provide own lunch
Cons: works odd hours
I work form Monday to Friday and in most cases over weekends and public holidays. I learned that in every activity one does mus have dedication. Time management is paramount to success in every business. Work coronation helps easy implementation of the Company aims and objectives.

The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to perform your duties, and make losses for the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is were the Employer pays you well and enjoy all entitlements and benefits and at least works with free mind as long as one abides by the Rules and Regulations of the Employer.
Great mission but lacking in leadership
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee), OregonJune 17, 2015
Pros: Meaningful work, travel
Cons: No work life balance, poor leadership
The mission of the organization is great and they do wonderful work around the globe. However the leadership and career development to maintain quality people and drive improvements is poor.
To contribute ministry quality department in designing, monitoring and evaluation services through conducting operational audits, program evaluation
Program Manager (Former Employee), HarareApril 25, 2015
Pros: Hospitality budgets provided
Cons: Long hours of work
I had an experience where the Regional Director wanted reports for submission before the deadline. Having failed to meet the deadline to submit reports he advised us that if anything is worthy reporting its worth done badly, than failing to meet the reporting deadline. The most enjoyable part was meeting with inter agencies.
RELIGIOUS AND WARM ORGANIZATION
Area Development Manager (Former Employee), EAST NUSA TENGGARA (INDONESIA)March 30, 2015
WE PRAY EVERYDAY BEFORE AND AFTER THE WORK.

SO IT GIVES A SIGNIFICANT BASE FOR OUR ACTIONS IN DAILY BASIS.

IT REMINDS US THAT WE HAVE TO WORK FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY.

PEOPLE ALSO KIND AND SUPPORTIVE.

SOME HARD DECISION STILL NEED TO BE MADE, AFTER ALL, WE ALL HAVE TO WORK PROFESSIONALLY.

SO IF YOU ARE BAD, SOME MANAGERS WILL NOT HESITATE TO FIRE YOU.
a good place to learn
ADP manager (Former Employee), C16March 29, 2015
Pros: Learning Opportunity
Cons: HR policy is needed to be enhanced
WVI put much resources for staff training. Is a good place to learn. However, the mission and core value that claimed to be a Christian could not much be seen. HR policy is needed to be enhanced.
Productive and good christian nurturing values
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Zimbabwe officeFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: travel assistance
Cons: long hours
The work culture is hard work and commitment.
career development and training