World Vision Canada Employee Reviews

Door 2 Door Sales Representive
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 October 2016
Start off of day Call Current Clients.

Over View Leads Sheet and Prepare for first Contract

Communicate with Client Needs and Assume Sale!

Client Closes and Report to Manager with Payment!

Repete
have free coffee
flexible working hours
fun to work at
no stress
caring about you on a personal level
Pros
very freindly
It has visions and clear objectives that makes employees easily to understand their role
Church Engagement Administrative Support Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2016
A typical day I started with receiving a clear instruction, objective, and deadline for the task given or to continue the unfinished tasks.

What I learned is how essential an objective is since it pulls all the reasons for the instructions. When an employee understands his/her instruction, the communication between issues become very effective. It helps personal growth in both the employee and the employer when the employee becomes the "ground troop who has recon mission".

My co-workers and supervisors are very flexible and understanding to each other. We are allowed to work at home, no matter because of health or other reasons. Our work is valued because of the work done and there is no bias, positively or negatively, by our physical presence. It has the best balances between trust and control.

The hardest part of the job is reading first hand how the world's hunger, warfare, and disasters had plagued the weakest youngest ones. Keep having the feeling that I can only do so much and "only if I have the money" and looking at the children's picture and knowing that they are denied the basic needs can be soul-eating.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when every time there is a church joined their congregation to support a village. Later, you see the progress and the statistics of their improvement; when you received the village thank-you messages; your sponsor child had become a self-sustaining contributing adult. Those are priceless.
Pros
sincere concerns of employees' physical heath and spiritual well being
Cons
too many hands to complete a task sometimes lack cohesiveness
Phone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my employment at World Vision Canada. I have been working in the supporter care department since 2008 and although faces change, the culture within the department has stayed the same. The leadership treats you more than just an employee and invest time, effort and care to bring out their team.
Productive and engaging work dedicated to serving others.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2015
Worked alone, and/or with other colleagues, to complete tasks regarding the accounts of current donors/sponsors. Made outbound calls to supporters in order to update their account information, and/or to give them new/more information about their sponsorship. Although statistics were kept and reviewed, an emphasis was put on the quality of the work being done and the calls being made, allowing for a more personal approach to work.
An amazing place to work, the environment is wonderful.
Administrative Assistant, President's Office (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2015
My biggest regret is leaving World Vision. I left thinking I was advancing myself but instead I lost the best job possible with amazing people. This job was extremely busy and demanding with no room for error. I was responsible for the President's travel arrangements who travelled extensively Internationally. Reporting to the Director of the President's Office was challenging and kept me busy. Dicta-typing for the President, all expenses for the President's office and assistant to the Governance office. All event planning for the President's office for 550+ attendees. I learned that people are what matter! I'm not sure there was a hard part other than seeing and listening to how some children suffer and how just by donating you really can save a life. The most enjoyable part was being a part of their Mission and attending weekly Chapel.
Pros
Working for the President
Cons
Leaving!
care more about money than people
Regional Team Leader (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2015
I went in so excited only to find that upper management didn't care for staff or people, only success. The org is very top heavy with several leadership that have been around for years and get away with little success blaming failure on others. No new ideas or innovation. Stifling work environment. Very far from transparent in their dealings with the public .... walk some lines very close to crossing lines in my opinion. I will never give them a dime.
Pros
good experience
Cons
terrible work atmosphere
Highly motivating work evrionment, I love the team meetings, recognition and celebration of indivual contribution
Regional Program Manager, East Africa (Current Employee) –  1 World Drive, Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y45 September 2015
An interesting quiet working environment with good access to colleagues with whom I work in the same division as well as those from other divisions. I love the Wednesday devotions, which brings all of us together including folks from the Ottawa office, it offers a good opportunity to know each other.

The work environment is full of fun, which makes all the technical aspects of my job very interesting. Coming from Africa, I have had to learn to adjust to the North America culture as well as weather. For instance, greeting by handshaking which is common in Africa in not necessarily the case in Canada; one has to plan well for winter unlike in Africa.
My job involves a lot o travel to Africa and gives me the opportunity to experience different cultures and environments. It is shaping my response to the different encounters I go through in the office as well as in the field.
Pros
Work like balalnce is adhered to
Cons
After work envirpnment is closed
Positive Environment
Sponsorship Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
* a typical day at work consisted of taking sponsorship calls
* Ive learned to be an active listener as well as show empathy towards the donors
*Management was okay , sometimes there was evident favorites within the call center
*Co-Workers had positive attitudes and very friendly
*Hardest part of the job was calling donors in regards to missed donations
*Most enjoyable part of the job was work meetings as well as celebrating birthdays , food was always involved.
Productive and friendly workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2015
Updating spreadsheets, Proofreading sponsored children's letters, Photocopying, Printing.
Dedication to work.
Great managmennt and positive attitude co-workers
A place you learn to be passionate, strong and caring
Fundraiser/Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 February 2015
WorldVision offers a great deal of opportunities for members of staff to be highly motivated, caring and of course overcome shyness. fundraisers have the opportunity to meet with new faces on a daily basis and talk to them about the mission of the organization and most importantly make them see reasons why they should support the cause to fight poverty by sponsoring a child.
Pros
Self Motivation training
Fun work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  toronto30 January 2015
excellent team work, free internet, opportunity to help children in less developed countries, meeting new people, improved customer service skills
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Excellent Work/Life balance and a great team
Administration Assistant Legal (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2014
The Company does special work and I enjoyed those rewards. The christian culture was uplifting to say the least. I worked in the legal department and executive office and both are fantastic places to work with amazing colleagues.

I would highly recommend World Vision to anyone looking for excellent work/life balance with a christian atmosphere.

I worked part time and found full time employment and I will miss World Vision.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Pay scale equal to a Non-For-Profit average
enthusiastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  mississauga9 July 2014
Deliberate thinking-i have learnt to always step into other peoples world( put myself in thier shoes)
A great organization to work with
Gender Intern (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2014
World Vision is a great organisation to work with. It works very professionally and with passion
Enjoyable environment to work in
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2013
It's a nice place to work. Friendly co-workers and staffs. Love the work that is being done for children and their families all over the world.
Contract Worker's Review
GIS Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2013
Co-workers are extremely courteous and great to get to know. Company culture is not based around money as an NGO should be, and is focused around people. Full time employment is not as common and not many funds are allocated to personnel, so employees are not in their positions for the salary, but rather for the love of the job and the love of others.
Na
Bilingual Admi.Relational Fundraising & Engagement (Former Employee) –  Mississauga16 September 2013
Overall very good organization to work with. Would recommend to anyone.Thanks Muriel
amanzing fun layed back work
Official Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2013
-fun everyday meeting and getting to know new people

-how to communicate with different people from age to culture

-always took control of different type of situation

-my co-worker were like my friends we all got along very well

-hardest part of the job was trying to get people to listen to you
Needs alot of improvement
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,ON18 May 2013
I use to work at WorldVision. At first I thought what a great company,
but when I saw that they were behind with updating their technologies and computer, I was very disappointed. And what was disappointing is they would increase their sponsor ship plan without informing their donors properly, and we would get complaints at the call centre about it. I thought, that is no way for a company that states it's Christian to be behaving, and believe me there are good Christian Charities, but this one disappointed me the most. They know how to brand themselves well, which is why everyone gives but there admin fees are way too high.

After working there for awhile, and quitting I decided to sponsor at another charity cheaper admin fees and 95% of my donations goes directly to the programs.

The toughest part was staying positive while most were negative believe it or not, and when you tried your hardest and wanted to progress alot of backstabbing was involved. I am over that though, just wanted to tell the truth. I am not upset at the company, it has alot of potential, but most co-workers there don't want to progress and move forward so they can stand out from the competition, but do in a proper way.
Pros
The building is clean
Cons
Dishonesty with donors increasing their plan, No updates in their computer

4.3