WORLD VISION CANADA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Phone Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my employment at World Vision Canada. I have been working in the supporter care department since 2008 and although faces change, the culture within the department has stayed the same. The leadership treats you more than just an employee and invest time, effort and care to bring out their team.
Productive and engaging work dedicated to serving others.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Worked alone, and/or with other colleagues, to complete tasks regarding the accounts of current donors/sponsors. Made outbound calls to supporters in order to update their account information, and/or to give them new/more information about their sponsorship. Although statistics were kept and reviewed, an emphasis was put on the quality of the work being done and the calls being made, allowing for a more personal approach to work.
An amazing place to work, the environment is wonderful.
Administrative Assistant, President's Office (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Working for the President
Cons: Leaving!
My biggest regret is leaving World Vision. I left thinking I was advancing myself but instead I lost the best job possible with amazing people. This job was extremely busy and demanding with no room for error. I was responsible for the President's travel arrangements who travelled extensively Internationally. Reporting to the Director of the President's Office was challenging and kept me busy. Dicta-typing for the President, all expenses for the President's office and assistant to the Governance office. All event planning for the President's office for 550+ attendees. I learned that people are what matter! I'm not sure there was a hard part other than seeing and listening to how some children suffer and how just by donating you really can save a life. The most enjoyable part was being a part of their Mission and attending weekly Chapel.
care more about money than people
Regional Team Leader (Corporate) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: terrible work atmosphere
I went in so excited only to find that upper management didn't care for staff or people, only success. The org is very top heavy with several leadership that have been around for years and get away with little success blaming failure on others. No new ideas or innovation. Stifling work environment. Very far from transparent in their dealings with the public .... walk some lines very close to crossing lines in my opinion. I will never give them a dime.
Highly motivating work evrionment, I love the team meetings, recognition and celebration of indivual contribution
Regional Program Manager, East Africa (Current Employee), 1 World Drive, Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y4September 5, 2015
Pros: Work like balalnce is adhered to
Cons: After work envirpnment is closed
An interesting quiet working environment with good access to colleagues with whom I work in the same division as well as those from other divisions. I love the Wednesday devotions, which brings all of us together including folks from the Ottawa office, it offers a good opportunity to know each other.

The work environment is full of fun, which makes all the technical aspects of my job very interesting. Coming from Africa, I have had to learn to adjust to the North America culture as well as weather. For instance, greeting by handshaking which is common in Africa in not necessarily the case in Canada; one has to plan well for winter unlike in Africa.
My job involves a lot o travel to Africa and gives me the opportunity to experience different cultures and environments. It is shaping my response to the different encounters I go through in the office as well as in the field.
Positive Environment
Sponsorship Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
* a typical day at work consisted of taking sponsorship calls
* Ive learned to be an active listener as well as show empathy towards the donors
*Management was okay , sometimes there was evident favorites within the call center
*Co-Workers had positive attitudes and very friendly
*Hardest part of the job was calling donors in regards to missed donations
*Most enjoyable part of the job was work meetings as well as celebrating birthdays , food was always involved.
Productive and friendly workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
Updating spreadsheets, Proofreading sponsored children's letters, Photocopying, Printing.
Dedication to work.
Great managmennt and positive attitude co-workers
A place you learn to be passionate, strong and caring
Fundraiser/Team Captain (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: self motivation training
WorldVision offers a great deal of opportunities for members of staff to be highly motivated, caring and of course overcome shyness. fundraisers have the opportunity to meet with new faces on a daily basis and talk to them about the mission of the organization and most importantly make them see reasons why they should support the cause to fight poverty by sponsoring a child.
Fun work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
excellent team work, free internet, opportunity to help children in less developed countries, meeting new people, improved customer service skills
Excellent Work/Life balance and a great team
Administration Assistant Legal (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: summer fridays
Cons: pay scale equal to a non-for-profit average
The Company does special work and I enjoyed those rewards. The christian culture was uplifting to say the least. I worked in the legal department and executive office and both are fantastic places to work with amazing colleagues.

I would highly recommend World Vision to anyone looking for excellent work/life balance with a christian atmosphere.

I worked part time and found full time employment and I will miss World Vision.
enthusiastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), mississaugaJuly 9, 2014
Deliberate thinking-i have learnt to always step into other peoples world( put myself in thier shoes)
A great organization to work with
Gender Intern (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
World Vision is a great organisation to work with. It works very professionally and with passion
Enjoyable environment to work in
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2013
It's a nice place to work. Friendly co-workers and staffs. Love the work that is being done for children and their families all over the world.
Contract Worker's Review
GIS Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2013
Co-workers are extremely courteous and great to get to know. Company culture is not based around money as an NGO should be, and is focused around people. Full time employment is not as common and not many funds are allocated to personnel, so employees are not in their positions for the salary, but rather for the love of the job and the love of others.
Na
Bilingual Admi.Relational Fundraising & Engagement (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 16, 2013
Overall very good organization to work with. Would recommend to anyone.Thanks Muriel
amanzing fun layed back work
Official Canvasser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2013
-fun everyday meeting and getting to know new people

-how to communicate with different people from age to culture

-always took control of different type of situation

-my co-worker were like my friends we all got along very well

-hardest part of the job was trying to get people to listen to you
Needs alot of improvement
Former Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONMay 18, 2013
Pros: the building is clean
Cons: dishonesty with donors increasing their plan, no updates in their computer
I use to work at WorldVision. At first I thought what a great company,
but when I saw that they were behind with updating their technologies and computer, I was very disappointed. And what was disappointing is they would increase their sponsor ship plan without informing their donors properly, and we would get complaints at the call centre about it. I thought, that is no way for a company that states it's Christian to be behaving, and believe me there are good Christian Charities, but this one disappointed me the most. They know how to brand themselves well, which is why everyone gives but there admin fees are way too high.

After working there for awhile, and quitting I decided to sponsor at another charity cheaper admin fees and 95% of my donations goes directly to the programs.

The toughest part was staying positive while most were negative believe it or not, and when you tried your hardest and wanted to progress alot of backstabbing was involved. I am over that though, just wanted to tell the truth. I am not upset at the company, it has alot of potential, but most co-workers there don't want to progress and move forward so they can stand out from the competition, but do in a proper way.
Making real and lasting change in the lives of children around the world
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: significant mission, develop and promote from within, flexibile hours
Cons: complex organization
World Vision Canada has outstanding leadership who are committed to growing and improving both themselves and the organization. Their passion to make a difference in the lives of those we serve inspires their excellence in leadership and their commitment to those they work with. It's a privilege to work here and I'm compelled to give my best and constantly seek to improve myself as well.
The best place to work!
People and Culture! (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: everything!!
Cons: nothing!
Its the kind of place you would go smiling happily to in the morning and get back with the same feeling in the evening..Christ is presented in WV's talk and walk!
Christian environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), 1 World Drive Mississauga ONJanuary 17, 2013
daily devotions and chapel
friendly Christian people
encouraging atmosphere
rewarding place for christians who seek a workplace where you can practice God's command