WORLD VISION CANADA

WORLD VISION CANADA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enthusiastic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), mississaugaJuly 9, 2014
Deliberate thinking-i have learnt to always step into other peoples world( put myself in thier shoes)
A great organization to work with
Gender Intern (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
World Vision is a great organisation to work with. It works very professionally and with passion
Enjoyable environment to work in
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2013
It's a nice place to work. Friendly co-workers and staffs. Love the work that is being done for children and their families all over the world.
Contract Worker's Review
GIS Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2013
Co-workers are extremely courteous and great to get to know. Company culture is not based around money as an NGO should be, and is focused around people. Full time employment is not as common and not many funds are allocated to personnel, so employees are not in their positions for the salary, but rather for the love of the job and the love of others.
Na
Bilingual Admi.Relational Fundraising & Engagement (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 16, 2013
Overall very good organization to work with. Would recommend to anyone.Thanks Muriel
amanzing fun layed back work
Official Canvasser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2013
-fun everyday meeting and getting to know new people

-how to communicate with different people from age to culture

-always took control of different type of situation

-my co-worker were like my friends we all got along very well

-hardest part of the job was trying to get people to listen to you
Needs alot of improvement
Former Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONMay 18, 2013
Pros: the building is clean
Cons: dishonesty with donors increasing their plan, no updates in their computer
I use to work at WorldVision. At first I thought what a great company,
but when I saw that they were behind with updating their technologies and computer, I was very disappointed. And what was disappointing is they would increase their sponsor ship plan without informing their donors properly, and we would get complaints at the call centre about it. – more... I thought, that is no way for a company that states it's Christian to be behaving, and believe me there are good Christian Charities, but this one disappointed me the most. They know how to brand themselves well, which is why everyone gives but there admin fees are way too high.

After working there for awhile, and quitting I decided to sponsor at another charity cheaper admin fees and 95% of my donations goes directly to the programs.

The toughest part was staying positive while most were negative believe it or not, and when you tried your hardest and wanted to progress alot of backstabbing was involved. I am over that though, just wanted to tell the truth. I am not upset at the company, it has alot of potential, but most co-workers there don't want to progress and move forward so they can stand out from the competition, but do in a proper way. – less
Making real and lasting change in the lives of children around the world
Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: significant mission, develop and promote from within, flexibile hours
Cons: complex organization
World Vision Canada has outstanding leadership who are committed to growing and improving both themselves and the organization. Their passion to make a difference in the lives of those we serve inspires their excellence in leadership and their commitment to those they work with. It's a privilege to work here and I'm compelled to give my best and constantly – more... seek to improve myself as well. – less
The best place to work!
People and Culture! (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: everything!!
Cons: nothing!
Its the kind of place you would go smiling happily to in the morning and get back with the same feeling in the evening..Christ is presented in WV's talk and walk!
Christian environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), 1 World Drive Mississauga ONJanuary 17, 2013
daily devotions and chapel
friendly Christian people
encouraging atmosphere
rewarding place for christians who seek a workplace where you can practice God's command
Giving back!
Fundraiser (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 12, 2012
This opportunity was very joyful as I got to speak one on one with people about the program and how with their help we were able to feed many and give back to those unpriviledge children in third world countries.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 23, 2012
Good sense of community, opportunity for growth and development. You feel part of a team and it feels great to know you are making a positive difference. World Vision is a great organization. It would be difficult to get the same feeling working somewhere else.
embodies value
Relational fundraising representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 20, 2012
World Vision is truly a company that exudes integrity. Their core values truly represent what they stand for. Co workers as well as management are always encouraging and lifting you up. overall I would say World Vision is a company that someone could truly know they are making a difference.
Pleasant atmosphere, teamwork was strong.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), 1 World Drive, Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2012
Pros: good place to work, to learn new skills, to be part of a team.
Cons: contract work only, no job security, job ended at end of contract.
Opportunity to learn new skills, everyone good to work with, strong sense of community and trust among co-workers.
Productive, Fun and Rewarding Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), to VP & DirectorMarch 27, 2013
Pros: christian environment and great people!
It is amazing to work for an organization that is all about helping those who are really in need. My work is rewarding and challenging and I can go home knowing that, even with my role and what I do in a day, it helped to make a difference in the world.

I've been able to integrate with a great group of administrative assistants who all work together – more... to help one another which is quite different from what I experienced in previous roles. It's a one-for-all and all-for-one environment.

We have an amazing and dedicated group of people to work with!!

The hardest part of the job is wishing we could reach every single person in this world all at once who needs help. We have to realize that we have to take each day as it comes and help as many as we can with the time and resources available to us.

Our staff functions are so much fun and give us a chance to unwind from the busy tasks at hand and share some laughs and adventure with our co-workers.

I'm so glad that I work here! – less

About WORLD VISION CANADA

World Vision International, founded in the USA in 1977, is an evangelical relief and development umbrella organization whose stated – Read more