World Kitchen Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you work hard and are accustomed to production work. Great rate of pay and good benefits. Job security is the only down fall.
Production Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Corning, NY27 December 2016
World Kitchen is a great company, with a safe work environment, approachable management and great co-workers. They offer exceptional pay rates and benefits. Job security was my only issue, due to low production.
Pros
Pay rate, benefits and 4 days off every 3 weeks.
Cons
Being hired as a seasonal/temporary employee, unknowingly.
The company was great to work for and I wish I could have stayed because they everything they could to keep me but at the time I could not relocate.
Store Manager /Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MA7 September 2016
Great company with everything I wanted good benefits, great culture, Growth potential, I learned to manage multi store locations. I had a great dedicated team working for me. The home office was easy and willing to work with the stores. I loved to travel to other stores and build the team and sales culture.
not very family freindly
batch cullet handler (Current Employee) –  Corning, NY14 September 2016
7 day shifts lots of overtime some jobs you can be forced to stay 16 hours.Most of the time management and workers are not on the same page.
Pros
some benefits has a union
Cons
not very family freindly
Great benefits.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA3 October 2016
During slow season the work/life balance is great. Busy season long hours 6 to 7 days a week. Management and supervision needs inprovment. Organization could use some work. Great people over all.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Certain departments considered to be hostile work environment.
Productive work environment friendly people.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL6 December 2016
Had opportunity to grow. Started as a temp and became hired in as machine operator. Fun to work for. That is it . I don't want to say anything else.
Pros
We had a union.
Cons
Expensive medical coverage.
Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, IL28 June 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
Productive and checking and packing glass
Hand Truck and Fork Truck (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PA23 August 2012
Well A Typical day at work consist of going to a kiln belt and inspecting glass ware for defects you would rotate every half hour to a line and after either a half hour to an hour you either had a break or you worked on the floor with the hand trucks and fork trucks making sure material were on the floor area. Management was really great they were easy to talk to came over if something was wrong with the glass and took in in the back to have the people fix the problem. Everyone pretty much got along at my job they were nice and helped you out if you needed it. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is finding the defects but once you get use to everything its pretty much good and the enjoyable part would have to be just getting along with co workers when there next to you and when the glass is running good and there are no defects.
Pros
benefits, union
The Life at World Kitchen
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL1 November 2012
A typical day was a fast paced work environment in which I liked. I have learned to use the skills necessary to do my job at World Kitchen very well. The management was typical management because everybody was on a quota system. The co-workers were the best that anyone could ask for. We all worked as a team even though we each had a quota to make and all helped each other to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was the down time. In a warehouse type setting there are things that still break and when one thing broke down it was a ripple effect. That alone was enough to hurt quota. This company was union affiliated and it was practically impossible to be promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job was that even though I worked on a team in a team environment, I also worked alone at a fast pace to get the work complete. The co-workers were a great group of people.
Pros
great health benefits, free lunches, people/supervisors
Cons
short breaks
Great Pay and Benefits
Neo Packer promoted to Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlerio,PA7 August 2014
A typical day a work for me is not always on the same shift. My job requires different shifts every week, I can deal with that but it does make it harder to my plans with my family as well as I have to use my vacation days to go see the doctor. Just b/c I don't know what shift i'll be on until that week.-something I wish they would change.
-I learned I can get extra hours if I volunteer which I like.
-My management is ok somethimes I feel like some of them don't work as hard as they can.
-People come in and out of this factory through out the year for the ones that stay I can tell that they are hard workers.
-The hardest part I would say is the fact that the factory has no AC in the summer it gets really hot at times and we get 10 min's for heat breaks but only if its over 100 degrees.
-The one thing I love about my job besides the health benefits are the hours if I need to pay a bill or car payment I can work extra hours and pay it that next week b/c we get paid weekly.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No AC.
fun and exciting
Set assembly/receiving (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA31 July 2016
The people were great to work with and they treated people fair and the company has parties day before holidays
Cons
short breaks for smoking
easy to do!
Hunting Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PA 172256 June 2016
I loved this job more than any job i've ever had.
It's an easy way to a great paycheck, and great friends.
The supervisors are nice and understranding.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL18 December 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
we worked as a close team.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY10 February 2014
The company has very good products. I enjoyed the time that I was there and felt aweful when they closed. There were alot of pro and cons. Thank goodness for a terrific manager. They meaning higher ups, didnt seem to know what the other was doing so it was always a daily challenge there.
Pros
great benefits and a great store manager
Cons
sales werent good. communication with home office was poor.
Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA25 February 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 May 2015
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Pros
Samples of all the products!
Cons
Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
Very productive work place
shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL9 May 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that this company had tecnology, production scanners, computers, conveyors.
the hardest part is to face people when they don't want to work
Pros
30 min lunch, 15 min brake
Cons
no raise
productive, well pay rate, and with lots of hours
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL15 January 2014
The company's recreational functions, the great benefits, and the pay
Pros
alot of lunch breaks
Cons
very long hours and manditory over time
productive
Label Clerk/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL23 October 2013
great work place with lots of opportunity to grow however was brought out by another company in which lots of people lost their employment.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
long breaks
Nice place to work...
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Corning, NY16 August 2013
Fair, enjoyable. Nice place to work. Good benefits. Nice people.
Pros
Flexibility
great
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL24 April 2013
learned alot good pay and benefits enjoyed working for the company