World Kitchen Employee Reviews

Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 18, 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Pros
Samples of all the products!
Cons
Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 28, 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2015
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Pros
nice food
Cons
n/a
Great pay/No time off
PLI (Former Employee) –  CorningJuly 6, 2015
It is a seven days one day off, seven days two days off and the seven days four days off schedule with mandatory overtime. Management could be better run, there was an influx of different managers during my time there which seemed to breed resentment amongst the employees. A constant difference of too strict and too lenient caused people to quickly become disgruntled.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time off
Great Pay and Benefits
Neo Packer promoted to Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlerio,PAAugust 7, 2014
A typical day a work for me is not always on the same shift. My job requires different shifts every week, I can deal with that but it does make it harder to my plans with my family as well as I have to use my vacation days to go see the doctor. Just b/c I don't know what shift i'll be on until that week.-something I wish they would change.
-I learned I can get extra hours if I volunteer which I like.
-My management is ok somethimes I feel like some of them don't work as hard as they can.
-People come in and out of this factory through out the year for the ones that stay I can tell that they are hard workers.
-The hardest part I would say is the fact that the factory has no AC in the summer it gets really hot at times and we get 10 min's for heat breaks but only if its over 100 degrees.
-The one thing I love about my job besides the health benefits are the hours if I need to pay a bill or car payment I can work extra hours and pay it that next week b/c we get paid weekly.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no ac.
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PANovember 16, 2015
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Pros
paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons
forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
Productive and checking and packing glass
Hand Truck and Fork Truck (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PAAugust 23, 2012
Well A Typical day at work consist of going to a kiln belt and inspecting glass ware for defects you would rotate every half hour to a line and after either a half hour to an hour you either had a break or you worked on the floor with the hand trucks and fork trucks making sure material were on the floor area. Management was really great they were easy to talk to came over if something was wrong with the glass and took in in the back to have the people fix the problem. Everyone pretty much got along at my job they were nice and helped you out if you needed it. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is finding the defects but once you get use to everything its pretty much good and the enjoyable part would have to be just getting along with co workers when there next to you and when the glass is running good and there are no defects.
Pros
benefits, union
The Life at World Kitchen
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILNovember 1, 2012
A typical day was a fast paced work environment in which I liked. I have learned to use the skills necessary to do my job at World Kitchen very well. The management was typical management because everybody was on a quota system. The co-workers were the best that anyone could ask for. We all worked as a team even though we each had a quota to make and all helped each other to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was the down time. In a warehouse type setting there are things that still break and when one thing broke down it was a ripple effect. That alone was enough to hurt quota. This company was union affiliated and it was practically impossible to be promoted. The most enjoyable part of the job was that even though I worked on a team in a team environment, I also worked alone at a fast pace to get the work complete. The co-workers were a great group of people.
Pros
great health benefits, free lunches, people/supervisors
Cons
short breaks
Running the whole store from 9:00 until 6:00 everyday with little or no staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin, VICOctober 13, 2015
Opening of the store, receiving stock, merchandising, Staff, rosters, and fun with customers. The staff and running off the store went smoothly during my time there.

In short, I enjoyed my time working for World Kitchen.
Pros
Running the store
Cons
No time off
fast paced environment
general labor (Former Employee) –  monee, illinoisJune 15, 2015
counted inventory.
stacked pallets.
management wasnt all that great.
my co workers were enjoyable to work with.
the hardest part of the job was just consistently working.
most enjoyable part of the day getting off
Never expected it..
Equipment Operator/Back-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILNovember 27, 2013
Too bad it had to close,none of us had any idea. Although it was short lived for me I did gain a lot of experience and references working there. Management only got worse at the end of its days but for the most part it Supervisors were OK depending on what department you worked for. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people that didn't want to work but did just enough to keep their jobs. And as always I enjoyed the overtime while it lasted..
Pros
job advancement.
Cons
some favoritism.
Great place to work and grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 12, 2015
Working for Worldkitchen has taught me a lot. I love this job, just looking for something with a better work/home balance. Retail managers have to work on off hours, weekends, and holidays. I love being able to grow my employees into better managers. I also enjoy dealing with customers everyday and every day changing events.
Pros
working with new people everyday
Cons
no room for advancement
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 7, 2015
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Very Productive
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILAugust 6, 2015
Working at World Kitchen, gave me another family. Everyone I met within the couple I was their, were very friendly. The work was simple even though sometimes it got a little frustrating during the busy season.
Very productive work place
shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMay 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that this company had tecnology, production scanners, computers, conveyors.
the hardest part is to face people when they don't want to work
Pros
30 min lunch, 15 min brake
Cons
no raise
hot workplace with hard labor
Packaging and Filling Machine Operator and Tender (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 27, 2014
every day you come in, wait in line to clock in, pick up a schedule and then go off to your scheduled production line. the job can become tedious as you may be running on little to no sleep as you are on swing shift when you start out. your body takes time to adjust to the hours required for the job. the best part about the job is the shift differential. if you are working overtime, you get an additional half hour before your overtime starts. coworkers will always be in competition with you because of seniority. if you started working the same day as another person, you may be second on the list to get something you want based on seniority. job advancement is not based on performance, probably because the hardest part of the job is showing up to work, not doing the job well.
Pros
discounted gatoraid during hot days, shift differrential, extra pay on night and evening shifts, excellent overtime pay for holidays and any other day
Cons
heat of the plant, poor building structure allows for weather like snow and rain in the plant, co workers in constant competition with you to advance their own careers
stressware
Maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 29, 2015
got hired on as a class a mechanic with 8+ years of experiance. had some consultants run through and suggest mass layoffs. after all was said and done i got let go before the 400 hour apprentices and the union did nothing.
Pros
got to throw plates off the roof
Cons
you name it.
productive, well pay rate, and with lots of hours
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILJanuary 15, 2014
The company's recreational functions, the great benefits, and the pay
Pros
alot of lunch breaks
Cons
very long hours and manditory over time