World Kitchen Employee Reviews

Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJune 28, 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 18, 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
fun and exciting
Set assembly/receiving (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAJuly 31, 2016
The people were great to work with and they treated people fair and the company has parties day before holidays
Cons
short breaks for smoking
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PANovember 16, 2015
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Pros
paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons
forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
Running the whole store from 9:00 until 6:00 everyday with little or no staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin, VICOctober 13, 2015
Opening of the store, receiving stock, merchandising, Staff, rosters, and fun with customers. The staff and running off the store went smoothly during my time there.

In short, I enjoyed my time working for World Kitchen.
Pros
Running the store
Cons
No time off
Great pay/No time off
PLI (Former Employee) –  CorningJuly 6, 2015
It is a seven days one day off, seven days two days off and the seven days four days off schedule with mandatory overtime. Management could be better run, there was an influx of different managers during my time there which seemed to breed resentment amongst the employees. A constant difference of too strict and too lenient caused people to quickly become disgruntled.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time off
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2015
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Pros
nice food
Cons
n/a
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Pros
Samples of all the products!
Cons
Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
Very Productive
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILAugust 6, 2015
Working at World Kitchen, gave me another family. Everyone I met within the couple I was their, were very friendly. The work was simple even though sometimes it got a little frustrating during the busy season.
stressware
Maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 29, 2015
got hired on as a class a mechanic with 8+ years of experiance. had some consultants run through and suggest mass layoffs. after all was said and done i got let go before the 400 hour apprentices and the union did nothing.
Pros
got to throw plates off the roof
Cons
you name it.
Great Place to work , good people.... like family, and fun to show up and be a part of a great team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NYMay 15, 2015
Love it here ! Awesome place to be a part of , always learning and co-workers are always helping each other . I always look forward to showing up for work and being a part of such a wonderful team.
Pros
Awesome place to work.
Cons
Pay isnt very good, hard to survive with a family.
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 7, 2015
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work and grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 12, 2015
Working for Worldkitchen has taught me a lot. I love this job, just looking for something with a better work/home balance. Retail managers have to work on off hours, weekends, and holidays. I love being able to grow my employees into better managers. I also enjoy dealing with customers everyday and every day changing events.
Pros
working with new people everyday
Cons
no room for advancement
fast paced environment
general labor (Former Employee) –  monee, illinoisJune 15, 2015
counted inventory.
stacked pallets.
management wasnt all that great.
my co workers were enjoyable to work with.
the hardest part of the job was just consistently working.
most enjoyable part of the day getting off
Fun and easy work environment.
Palletizer Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PADecember 5, 2014
Working at Walmart was a great experience. The co-workers were easy to get along with. Stalking the shelves and helping customers was a typical day at work. I learned the presentation is important in retail. There wasn't too much hard about the job.
Pros
long breaks, central heating and air.
Cons
too much work in such a little time
Very easy and enjoyable warehouse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMarch 3, 2014
I would come in and we would always have meetings at the begging. I learned how to work at a fast pace environment. There was very little management but when the managers would come around it was nothing but good news. I got along great with my co workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes lifting up the heavy boxes because of the fact I was pregnant then. The most enjoyable part is you get to move around instead of staying in one place.
Pros
alot of moving around and overtime
Cons
they shut down
Never expected it..
Equipment Operator/Back-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILNovember 27, 2013
Too bad it had to close,none of us had any idea. Although it was short lived for me I did gain a lot of experience and references working there. Management only got worse at the end of its days but for the most part it Supervisors were OK depending on what department you worked for. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people that didn't want to work but did just enough to keep their jobs. And as always I enjoyed the overtime while it lasted..
Pros
job advancement.
Cons
some favoritism.
Interactive and quick enviroment and you would always be interacting with other people ( co-workers, supervisors ). So being social was a MUST HAVE.
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILJuly 23, 2012
I had the evening shift which was from 3: 30 -12: 30 monday through Friday, with weekends off.
I would start everyday off by taking inventory of our companies merchandise which were things such as; kitchen Knives, spoons, forks etc. My initial job title was a pick/packer.

My co-workers were all treated equally and for the most part we worked as a team.

There was nothing hard about the job. just get your work done.

The most enjoyable part about the job for me was to interact with other people and learn new factory/industrial type skills which in turn can hopefully give me employment soon.
Pros
lunch breaks were 30 min.
Cons
hot areas/ very damp air.
we worked as a close team.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 10, 2014
The company has very good products. I enjoyed the time that I was there and felt aweful when they closed. There were alot of pro and cons. Thank goodness for a terrific manager. They meaning higher ups, didnt seem to know what the other was doing so it was always a daily challenge there.
Pros
great benefits and a great store manager
Cons
sales werent good. communication with home office was poor.