World Kitchen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee), Charleroi, PANovember 16, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons: forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Running the whole store from 9:00 until 6:00 everyday with little or no staff.
Manager (Former Employee), Moorabbin, VICOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Running the store
Cons: No time off
Opening of the store, receiving stock, merchandising, Staff, rosters, and fun with customers. The staff and running off the store went smoothly during my time there.

In short, I enjoyed my time working for World Kitchen.
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: nice food
Cons: n/a
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee), Matteson, ILSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Very Productive
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Monee, ILAugust 6, 2015
Working at World Kitchen, gave me another family. Everyone I met within the couple I was their, were very friendly. The work was simple even though sometimes it got a little frustrating during the busy season.
Great pay/No time off
PLI (Former Employee), CorningJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: No time off
It is a seven days one day off, seven days two days off and the seven days four days off schedule with mandatory overtime. Management could be better run, there was an influx of different managers during my time there which seemed to breed resentment amongst the employees. A constant difference of too strict and too lenient caused people to quickly become disgruntled.
stressware
Maintenance associate (Former Employee), Corning, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: got to throw plates off the roof
Cons: you name it.
got hired on as a class a mechanic with 8+ years of experiance. had some consultants run through and suggest mass layoffs. after all was said and done i got let go before the 400 hour apprentices and the union did nothing.
fast paced environment
general labor (Former Employee), monee, illinoisJune 15, 2015
counted inventory.
stacked pallets.
management wasnt all that great.
my co workers were enjoyable to work with.
the hardest part of the job was just consistently working.
most enjoyable part of the day getting off
Great Place to work , good people.... like family, and fun to show up and be a part of a great team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Awesome place to work.
Cons: Pay isnt very good, hard to survive with a family.
Love it here ! Awesome place to be a part of , always learning and co-workers are always helping each other . I always look forward to showing up for work and being a part of such a wonderful team.
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: Samples of all the products!
Cons: Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Great place to work and grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee), Johnson Creek, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: working with new people everyday
Cons: no room for advancement
Working for Worldkitchen has taught me a lot. I love this job, just looking for something with a better work/home balance. Retail managers have to work on off hours, weekends, and holidays. I love being able to grow my employees into better managers. I also enjoy dealing with customers everyday and every day changing events.
Bad enviroment
Certified Welder (Former Employee), Monee, ILDecember 26, 2014
Cons: bad enviroment
World Kitchen is a horrible place to work at more of labor work bad supervision and kind of a racist enviroment.
Fun and easy work environment.
Palletizer Operator (Current Employee), Greencastle, PADecember 5, 2014
Pros: long breaks, central heating and air.
Cons: too much work in such a little time
Working at Walmart was a great experience. The co-workers were easy to get along with. Stalking the shelves and helping customers was a typical day at work. I learned the presentation is important in retail. There wasn't too much hard about the job.
productive, fast paced
PLO Line Supervisor (Current Employee), Greencastle, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay rate, insurance
Cons: short breaks
Review product packing specs, make a pre pack for QA.
Instruct assemblers on packing product on assembly line.
Great Pay and Benefits
Neo Packer promoted to Line Worker (Current Employee), Charlerio,PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: no ac.
A typical day a work for me is not always on the same shift. My job requires different shifts every week, I can deal with that but it does make it harder to my plans with my family as well as I have to use my vacation days to go see the doctor. Just b/c I don't know what shift i'll be on until that week.-something I wish they would change.
-I learned I can get extra hours if I volunteer which I like.
-My management is ok somethimes I feel like some of them don't work as hard as they can.
-People come in and out of this factory through out the year for the ones that stay I can tell that they are hard workers.
-The hardest part I would say is the fact that the factory has no AC in the summer it gets really hot at times and we get 10 min's for heat breaks but only if its over 100 degrees.
-The one thing I love about my job besides the health benefits are the hours if I need to pay a bill or car payment I can work extra hours and pay it that next week b/c we get paid weekly.
Productive and a great place to work.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Greencastle,PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of job advancement
Cons: very hot
I loved my job. Was blessed to have work with them for 11 years. Every job has its ups and downs but I truly can not complain. Met some wonderful people and my bosses were great. Really wanting to find another job like this.
Manager was wonderful,and associates were great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, New YorkMay 12, 2014
Pros: very good health care, products that they carried were very good, so i was proud to work for a company that had a great reputation
Cons: didnt like the way they did their sales, would change things often with the locations, and the signs they sent had many mistakes.they didnt reward you for any good work, had no incentives.
I woul count the safe,put the register drawers in and go to the bank before the store opened.When I came back I would check emails to see if there was anything new from corporate, I then would do the line-up and the to do list.Once the doors were open the main focus were the customers. I have learned that the customers are different in different parts of our locations. The hardest part of this or any of my jobs is trying to really understand what the customer is wanting. language was and is difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of my days were intereacting with our customers, and I loved to do plan-o-grams and price changes. My co-workers and myself got along. I am a very hard worker and with them seeing that helped with their attitude and work ethics.
Very productive work place
shipping lead (Former Employee), Monee, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch, 15 min brake
Cons: no raise
The most enjoyable part of the job was that this company had tecnology, production scanners, computers, conveyors.
the hardest part is to face people when they don't want to work
Supervise Staff (Former Employee), Monee IlMarch 29, 2014
Should have treated temp staff better PT night supervisor and Payroll and Orientation Training, Drug screenings, Background Checks
hot workplace with hard labor
Packaging and Filling Machine Operator and Tender (Former Employee), Corning, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: discounted gatoraid during hot days, shift differrential, extra pay on night and evening shifts, excellent overtime pay for holidays and any other day
Cons: heat of the plant, poor building structure allows for weather like snow and rain in the plant, co workers in constant competition with you to advance their own careers
every day you come in, wait in line to clock in, pick up a schedule and then go off to your scheduled production line. the job can become tedious as you may be running on little to no sleep as you are on swing shift when you start out. your body takes time to adjust to the hours required for the job. the best part about the job is the shift differential. if you are working overtime, you get an additional half hour before your overtime starts. coworkers will always be in competition with you because of seniority. if you started working the same day as another person, you may be second on the list to get something you want based on seniority. job advancement is not based on performance, probably because the hardest part of the job is showing up to work, not doing the job well.