World Kitchen Employee Reviews

Great benefits.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA3 October 2016
During slow season the work/life balance is great. Busy season long hours 6 to 7 days a week. Management and supervision needs inprovment. Organization could use some work. Great people over all.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Certain departments considered to be hostile work environment.
not very family freindly
batch cullet handler (Current Employee) –  Corning, NY14 September 2016
7 day shifts lots of overtime some jobs you can be forced to stay 16 hours.Most of the time management and workers are not on the same page.
Pros
some benefits has a union
Cons
not very family freindly
The company was great to work for and I wish I could have stayed because they everything they could to keep me but at the time I could not relocate.
Store Manager /Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MA7 September 2016
Great company with everything I wanted good benefits, great culture, Growth potential, I learned to manage multi store locations. I had a great dedicated team working for me. The home office was easy and willing to work with the stores. I loved to travel to other stores and build the team and sales culture.
fun and exciting
Set assembly/receiving (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA31 July 2016
The people were great to work with and they treated people fair and the company has parties day before holidays
Cons
short breaks for smoking
Busy Enviroment
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, IL28 June 2016
Spoke to all the sales representatives regarding pricing contracts for all of our clients. The management was exceptional and worked very well with all the employees. Unfortunately, we were bought out which ended my employment there.
easy to do!
Hunting Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PA 172256 June 2016
I loved this job more than any job i've ever had.
It's an easy way to a great paycheck, and great friends.
The supervisors are nice and understranding.
Fast paced call center during busy season.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA25 February 2016
Management here was great. I was only working over the busy holiday season through a temp agency. I enjoyed my experience here and have nothing, but good to say about my personal experience at World Kitchen, LLC.
Productive and Fun work Atmosphere
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL18 December 2015
A typical day includes interacting with people across all functions of the business including brand marketing, customer marketing, design, engineering, quality and finance. The environment encourages all to give their input and to reach out to others to further their skills and experiences. A great workplace with many great and accommodating people.
Pros
Free lunches and products, friendly and outgoing co-workers, good work-life balance
good company to work for
Quality assurance inspector/line operator (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PA16 November 2015
Would give this company 5 stars Typical day consisted of inspecting parts,moving with jib crane,overhead crane,forklift, to inspection area and to shipping area.
Pros
paid vacation, health ins, paid holidays
Cons
forced overtime 10 minutes before end of shift.
Running the whole store from 9:00 until 6:00 everyday with little or no staff.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin, VIC13 October 2015
Opening of the store, receiving stock, merchandising, Staff, rosters, and fun with customers. The staff and running off the store went smoothly during my time there.

In short, I enjoyed my time working for World Kitchen.
Pros
Running the store
Cons
No time off
workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Mokena, IL18 September 2015
it was a nice environment fast pace and I love moving around a lot I like making people I learned that management treat you like your a human a lot of places like world kitchen don't
Pros
nice food
Cons
n/a
Great company
Online Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Matteson, IL7 September 2015
You have an opportunity to advance and learn a lot from the manufacturing industry. Great company to work for a lot of overtime offered
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Very Productive
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL6 August 2015
Working at World Kitchen, gave me another family. Everyone I met within the couple I was their, were very friendly. The work was simple even though sometimes it got a little frustrating during the busy season.
Great pay/No time off
PLI (Former Employee) –  Corning6 July 2015
It is a seven days one day off, seven days two days off and the seven days four days off schedule with mandatory overtime. Management could be better run, there was an influx of different managers during my time there which seemed to breed resentment amongst the employees. A constant difference of too strict and too lenient caused people to quickly become disgruntled.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time off
stressware
Maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Corning, NY29 June 2015
got hired on as a class a mechanic with 8+ years of experiance. had some consultants run through and suggest mass layoffs. after all was said and done i got let go before the 400 hour apprentices and the union did nothing.
Pros
got to throw plates off the roof
Cons
you name it.
fast paced environment
general labor (Former Employee) –  monee, illinois15 June 2015
counted inventory.
stacked pallets.
management wasnt all that great.
my co workers were enjoyable to work with.
the hardest part of the job was just consistently working.
most enjoyable part of the day getting off
Great Place to work , good people.... like family, and fun to show up and be a part of a great team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, NY15 May 2015
Love it here ! Awesome place to be a part of , always learning and co-workers are always helping each other . I always look forward to showing up for work and being a part of such a wonderful team.
Pros
Awesome place to work.
Cons
Pay isnt very good, hard to survive with a family.
Trade Mktg. Mgr. for mass merchandiser from Chicago
CONTRACT - TRADE MARKETING/WAL*MART CHANNEL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 May 2015
As a Trade Mktg. Mgr. for World Kitchen, my travel consisted of leaving on Monday and returning on Friday most every week. Although this made sense as the HQ (and my boss) were located in Chicago, the hardest part of the job was finding some work/life balance. I learned that managing millions of dollars in trade marketing funds which would affect many different product lines and category placement was critical to any new or existing initiatives and the balance between both is sometimes a gray line. I enjoyed my co-workers - especially those in Corning, NY! Great products, people, and management made a typical day at work pleasant.
Pros
Samples of all the products!
Cons
Chicago traffic on Mondays and Fridays
Great place to work and grow.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WI12 March 2015
Working for Worldkitchen has taught me a lot. I love this job, just looking for something with a better work/home balance. Retail managers have to work on off hours, weekends, and holidays. I love being able to grow my employees into better managers. I also enjoy dealing with customers everyday and every day changing events.
Pros
Working with new people everyday
Cons
No room for advancement
Bad enviroment
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Monee, IL26 December 2014
World Kitchen is a horrible place to work at more of labor work bad supervision and kind of a racist enviroment.
Pros
Cons
Bad enviroment