World Health

World Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace promoting health and longevity
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2014
Workplace was fun and healthy atmosphere to be part of. Happy people and great motivators.
Fast paced workplace
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2014
Pros: comisión
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed this workplace, always fast paced and always exciting to keep you on your feet and always trying harder each day.
Worked with nice people consistently
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
I programmed and engaged in one to one personal training sessions involving proper warm-up, dynamic stretching, circuit training, cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights and cool down stretches. Actively participated in all sessions describing, demonstrating and assessing a variety of functional, free-weight and machine based exercises. Regularly – more... discussed and reviewed nutritional options with my clients to assist them in good dietary choices. Sold and renewed personal training packages on a regular basis to maintain a consistent client base.
You quickly realize that people buy a membership with the club but rely on personal relations during the training sessions to make the health transition a rewarding experience. The environment within the club was very upbeat and fun with all the other staff making it an enjoyable place to work.
I didn't really consider anything hard task wise and the most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my knowledge and experience with clients to better help them realize their fitness goals and be engagde in a consistent healthy lifestyle. – less
It was a fun environment to work in when the boss wasn't being bipolar.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: the gm's horrible attitude towards everyone
My day would consist of:
- Cold calling people making at least 7-10 appointments perday
- Helping my appointments or anyone who randomly came in

My coworkers were great ther than my boss having a life melt down and taking it out on everyone else. I got along with everyone and was always willing to help others.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of – more... the job was overcoming objections and solving people's problems! – less
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Each day I would either open or close the store, take care of all money and deposits. I would answer all calls and attend to all customers
Very positive environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 27, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: low pay rate
My typical day at this job is transferring calls to appropriate person, encouraging new people to sign up at the gym, signing in guests ensuring they do not have any outstanding balances.

It is a wonderful environment because everyone is very happy overall, and my favorite part of this job is after being there as long as I have knowing how to solve – more... problems myself and handling situations myself is my favorite part.

Systems get updated often so their is always something new to learn which keeps me on my toes. The only downfall to this job is when people cannot afford their memberships or training, emotions get the best of them. By the end of the conversation, providing proof, explanations and solutions to the problem the shift always ends well. – less
Good job for someone right out of school
Receptionist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not much to do, mindless work
A typical day at work is very mindless and boring. The most enjoying part of the job is the people.
Fun working with Clients
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: staggered hours due to client avaliabitly
I really enjoyed my employment at World Health. Everyday was a new challenge in helping other reach their fitness goals. My co-workers soon turned into good friends. The gym was a great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the hours were not consistent due to client availability.
awesome team to work with
Trainer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 14, 2013
Pros: variable schedule
Cons: long hours-week
- Lots of different personality
- Variable schedule
- Lots education and courses available for upgrading our skills in personal training
- hardest part of the job is the long hours with some slow time between clients and building the client base to start.
- The enjoyable part is to see the motivation and the change in the everyday life you can help – more... people to make. – less
Chaotic
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free membership
Co-workers were left to do as they pleased
Management was never around to do there job
I learned about sales
No structure
No help
Productive fun Place, fast paced.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2012
Pros: fun, learning and management
Cons: pay structure could be better.
0900 to 2100 0r 1200 to 0900.
Management, customer interaction and sales
Management support and fun environment.
Friendly team.
Fun job.
Merchandizing.
Change lives by helping people is extremely rewarding
Personal Trainer/Fitness Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2012
Pros: team, members, interraction, rewarding
Cons: long days, not enought challenges
I love people and helping them change for a better lifestyle. Following them in their efforts and encouraging them in difficult times. I'm a very personable person and I learned that I just love people in general. Even if I enjoyed what I was doing, I wasn't totally happy in my own achievement, I needed more challenges. I loved the team, I got on well – more... with them and the management was good, I enjoyed the sales part of my work. That said...some days felt like I just counted the repetitions of the clients I trained all day long, to be honest I was bored! – less
all my co-workers was friendly and helpful
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2014
My supervisor and other co-workers was very respectful and took the time to listen to you. My clients was very wonderful to work with and always gave me respect,and said nice about me as their provider.
Insurince based company
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: client
Cons: no room to move up, no openings to go to another client, no benifits low pay
its a medicare company, the client picks the person he wants to get care from and the insurance pays that person, work threw a santrax system based out of the clients home.
Ambiente de trabajo con café
Secretaria Administrativa (Former Employee), Fusagasuga, CUNMay 14, 2014
En los días especiales para el personal de salud y administrativo se realizán celebraciones, desfiles en las fechas importantes