World Health Employee Reviews

Growth Environment
Fitness Consultant (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
Very warm welcoming environment, everybody is there to help you. While learning on the job make sure you seek managements perspective. They want you to succeed the most, always encouraging and uplifting.

Typical day includes Phone calls, booking appointments, touring guests learning new sales techniques.
Pros
Fun envrimoment, Good Pay, Staff Social every month.
Cons
Long hours once a month
Good place if you work smarter not harder has its ups and downs
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2015
Requires long hours (short shift is 8 hours + 1 hour break) learned a ton of sales skills and some fitness knowledge. making a min of 100+ calls a day to set up new clientele. Management is pretty good and they are okay with scheduling. There is a 6 month probationary period for Fitness Consulting and can be difficult to get time off when needed. Co-workers are okay if you fit in but are not the most open to accepting new people until after they stay for an extended period. Hardest part of the job was getting people through the door and competing with already company favorites. Make best friends with the manager and you will be sure to see a good pay check. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching members become successful and reach their goals. it's difficult to get promotions or advance in the industry unless you are, again, good friends with management. If you sell a lot and remain a top performer then you have nothing to worry about. stay in the top 10 in the company and you will have good pay.
Pros
Free gym, good benefits, good training
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work, more sales then customer service, 2000 a month OR commission but not both
Good Atmosphere, enjoyable job, great team
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2014
This is a great place to work however being essentially 100% commission based can lead to poor financial security. Typical day consists of preparing workouts for clients, supervising clients through workouts and staying on top of selling more training to clients. There are generally 1 team meeting and 1 one on one meeting with your manager a month which are not a problem as important information is discussed. The job itself is great but the necessity to be constantly selling training in order to maintain your business is tiring and the effect clients going on vacation or getting sick or you yourself becoming ill has on your own personal income can be a lot to bare. Also your schedule has to cater to all your clients jobs so often to work 6-8 hours you need to be available for 10-14 which makes having a life outside the gym a bit difficult.
Pros
Great people, decent income, enjoyable job
Cons
lack of financial security, can be long hours
Fun workplace promoting health and longevity
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2014
Workplace was fun and healthy atmosphere to be part of. Happy people and great motivators.
Fast paced workplace
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2014
Enjoyed this workplace, always fast paced and always exciting to keep you on your feet and always trying harder each day.
Pros
comision
Cons
Worked with nice people consistently
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2014
I programmed and engaged in one to one personal training sessions involving proper warm-up, dynamic stretching, circuit training, cardio equipment, weight machines, free weights and cool down stretches. Actively participated in all sessions describing, demonstrating and assessing a variety of functional, free-weight and machine based exercises. Regularly discussed and reviewed nutritional options with my clients to assist them in good dietary choices. Sold and renewed personal training packages on a regular basis to maintain a consistent client base.
You quickly realize that people buy a membership with the club but rely on personal relations during the training sessions to make the health transition a rewarding experience. The environment within the club was very upbeat and fun with all the other staff making it an enjoyable place to work.
I didn't really consider anything hard task wise and the most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my knowledge and experience with clients to better help them realize their fitness goals and be engagde in a consistent healthy lifestyle.
It was a fun environment to work in when the boss wasn't being bipolar.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2014
My day would consist of:
- Cold calling people making at least 7-10 appointments perday
- Helping my appointments or anyone who randomly came in

My coworkers were great ther than my boss having a life melt down and taking it out on everyone else. I got along with everyone and was always willing to help others.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was overcoming objections and solving people's problems!
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
The GM's horrible attitude towards everyone
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2014
Each day I would either open or close the store, take care of all money and deposits. I would answer all calls and attend to all customers
Very positive environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2014
My typical day at this job is transferring calls to appropriate person, encouraging new people to sign up at the gym, signing in guests ensuring they do not have any outstanding balances.

It is a wonderful environment because everyone is very happy overall, and my favorite part of this job is after being there as long as I have knowing how to solve problems myself and handling situations myself is my favorite part.

Systems get updated often so their is always something new to learn which keeps me on my toes. The only downfall to this job is when people cannot afford their memberships or training, emotions get the best of them. By the end of the conversation, providing proof, explanations and solutions to the problem the shift always ends well.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
low pay rate
Good job for someone right out of school
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2014
A typical day at work is very mindless and boring. The most enjoying part of the job is the people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not much to do, Mindless work
Fun working with Clients
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2013
I really enjoyed my employment at World Health. Everyday was a new challenge in helping other reach their fitness goals. My co-workers soon turned into good friends. The gym was a great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the hours were not consistent due to client availability.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
staggered hours due to client avaliabitly
awesome team to work with
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2013
- Lots of different personality
- Variable schedule
- Lots education and courses available for upgrading our skills in personal training
- hardest part of the job is the long hours with some slow time between clients and building the client base to start.
- The enjoyable part is to see the motivation and the change in the everyday life you can help people to make.
Pros
variable schedule
Cons
long hours-week
Chaotic
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2013
Co-workers were left to do as they pleased
Management was never around to do there job
I learned about sales
No structure
No help
Pros
free membership
Productive fun Place, fast paced.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2012
0900 to 2100 0r 1200 to 0900.
Management, customer interaction and sales
Management support and fun environment.
Friendly team.
Fun job.
Merchandizing.
Pros
fun, learning and management
Cons
pay structure could be better.
Change lives by helping people is extremely rewarding
Personal Trainer/Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2012
I love people and helping them change for a better lifestyle. Following them in their efforts and encouraging them in difficult times. I'm a very personable person and I learned that I just love people in general. Even if I enjoyed what I was doing, I wasn't totally happy in my own achievement, I needed more challenges. I loved the team, I got on well with them and the management was good, I enjoyed the sales part of my work. That said...some days felt like I just counted the repetitions of the clients I trained all day long, to be honest I was bored!
Pros
team, members, interraction, rewarding
Cons
long days, not enought challenges