Job Description - Events Coordinator
Reporting to the World Health Promotions Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for the acquisition of membership leads at external events. The responsibilities in this role include helping to set up and successfully run an event as well as working effectively with an events team. You must be an energetic and outgoing individual who is happy to work in diverse conditions and in any location around Edmonton.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities and Functions
- Set up and coordinate World Health third party events and engagements
- Assist the Promotions Manager with required promotional materials & coordinate logistical requirements
- Consult with Promotions Manager to determine lead forecasts per event and objectives
- Ensure communication with all events team to ensure smooth running of the event
- Actively seek out new opportunities for World Health events
- Acquisition of quality leads at events
- Assist as required with major events or sponsorship agreements
- Most events will require working on weekends
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for World Health
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Project management and multi-tasking
- Self-starter and team player
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Calm and personable under pressure
- Goal driven
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Innovative and creative, focused on finding new ways of doing things and exploring creative solutions to issues
- Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends, and travel, as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Team Player
- Positive, can-do attitude
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated experience working events or other promotions activities an asset
The Events Coordinator will receive a guaranteed hourly pay, as well as additional pay based on the number of membership leads generated.
The positional will involve approximately 10-15 hours of work every 2 weeks. Events are a minimum of 3 hours, and this is a great opportunity for students to gain a additional income while building experience in marketing and promotions.
To Apply, please send your resume to edmcareers @ worldhealth.ca with "Events Coordinator Application" in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.