MANAGER - PAYROLL SERVICES
Following the migration and setup of 450 hourly and salaried employees into the newly acquired Sage ERP Payroll module, the Manager of Payroll Services is accountable for all World Health Edmonton Inc. payroll, commissions and benefits including auditing and data entry of payroll information, source deductions, as well as and providing various accounting and headcount reports. A high level of accuracy is expected of this role. Previous experience with software system implementations or new company start-ups would be considered as a strong asset.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate processing of semi-monthly and monthly payroll for salaried, commissioned and hourly employees in accordance with company policies, provincial and federal regulations.
- Management of WHE payroll programs including data entry, new hires, employee changes, terminations and records of employment.
- Administer garnishments and third party demands: maintain garnishment logs, respond accurately and timely to all inquiries, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and submit government remittances including: CPP, EI and Income tax accurately and on time.
- Primary officer for the WebROE program including: monitoring administrative use, and preparation and submission of Records of Employment.
- Represent WHE for all Employment Standards claims: information gathering and preparing a strong response.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as: government representatives and external auditors and Great West Life benefits representatives.
- Year-end processes including: preparation, reconciliation and submission of T4, T4A and PIER.
- Participation, project planning and implementation of payroll practices related to the acquisition of additional companies.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of all payroll r elated processes.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and benefit procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/ or documentation (i.e. time sheets, commission reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 4 years payroll experience in a medium sized company.
- Experience in managing a commissioned pay structure.
- Canadian Payroll Manager (CPM) certificate is preferred.
Experience with Sage 500, system implementations, project management and new company start-ups would be considered an asset.
Please include salary expectations as part of your application
Indeed - 23 months ago