Are you looking to work for a retailer that has gone through 70% growth in the last 3 years? What retailer sells everything from Chanel to Cognac, Cartier to Caviar....We do!! We are the #1 retail company in the world in our business category.
Are you passionate about providing exceptional world class customer service in beautiful stores?
Can you lead, coach and develop a dynamic and diverse team of Sales Supervisors, Sales Associates and Business Partners?
World Duty Free Group (WDFG) is the world’s leading airport duty free retailer, with over 300 stores in over 100 locations across the globe.
At Vancouver International Airport, we operate 10 stores post-security, selling brands such as Burberry to Bvlgari, Cartier to Chanel, and Hermes to Hennessy. This summer, we have opened one of the largest airport cosmetics stores in North America, a brand new Hermes boutique, new souvenir store, watches and jewelry store and we are the # 1 private liquor store in BC. We have seen 70% growth in sales for the last 3 years, presenting many new employment opportunities. For more information about World Duty Free Group, please go to www.wdfg.com. You can find our local website at www.worlddutyfree.ca.
As Trading Manager within WDFG Vancouver, one of your key challenges will be to maximize the commercial potential of our vast and exciting product range though the delivery of excellent customer service and the dynamic leadership of your sales team. Simply put - a Trading Manager runs a business generating well over $10,000,000 a year.
In this role, you will become an expert in all of our categories. You will work directly with our Vancouver based buying team and our vendor partners to maximize revenue through regular analysis, review, challenge and feedback with all the key players who influence YOUR business. Our categories are; Beauty, Luxury & Souvenirs and Liquor/Tobacco/Food.
You will coach, mentor and continually develop your teams to achieve and maintain world class standards of customer service and operational excellence.
Of course, this is just a brief summary of how you can contribute to our international team of experts, a more detailed job description is available if selected for an interview. Want to keep going to the same job in the mall or are you up for a challenge that will stretch and stimulate you more than any retail job you have ever had?
What are the requirements?
- Retail management experience in a mid-sized retail environment, with strong commercial knowledge to effectively drive store sales.
- Excelled people leadership skills with the ability to manage a sales team of 30 - 50
- We want retail managers who want to grow and stretch their skills…this is not a Monday to Friday 9 - 5 job. This job will require working early morning shifts starting at 4:30 a.m.
What are your characteristics?
- Positive attitude
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and problem solve
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a fast paced, 24/7/365 changing environment
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to understand the big picture and upcoming change in order to translate vision into action on the shop floor.
- Attention to detail and willingness to take the initiative
- Sense of humour (Grumpy people need not apply)
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation, bonus and benefit plans
- Training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a great team of people
To Apply: Please paste the following into your web browser or click on the following link:
Thank you for your interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.