WORKPLACE SAFETY AND INSURANCE BOARD

WORKPLACE SAFETY AND INSURANCE BOARD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very caring and professional environment
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: very interested in the planning events/activities aspect of this job
Cons: contract only - no chance of full time
WSIB was an excellent place to work and as an event / conference coordinator, and I was given a spacious desk and the freedom to work independently. Each day I would provide client services to injured workers by organizing the conferences which would decide the benefits that would be given to their insurance claims.
Excellent communication skills were – more... needed to perform the duties
of this role and I thought I did an excellent job.
The logistics of each event and the research of venues were always a task I enjoyed. I certainly learned how to plan and manage my time efficiently and what questions to ask when planning events and activities. My co-workers were friendly and approachable and I enjoyed working with them.
This experience was very valuable and beneficial to my career goal and will be an asset to this position as an Activities Coordinator. – less
Good Pay etc
HEALTH CARE PAYMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), LONDON, Ontario (148 Fullarton Street)February 6, 2014
Pros: great pay, great coworkers, good quality/quantity of work
Answering phone enquiries, using specific computer programs, answered the enquiries as well as entered health care payments and information. Co-workers were great to work with, however, some less knowledgeable than others. Hardest part of my last job there was dealing with amendments of payments, some errors had to be dealt with and could be quite extensive – more... to amend. Most enjoyable part of this job was the variety of work and the people I worked with, also working on the phone dealing with the public, while difficult at times, for the most part it was rewarding, when people appreciated the time you took to talk to them and listen to their concerns. – less
excellent management and staff that are supportive and encouraging.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), North Bay and Sudbury OntarioOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great work environment. good management and continued education is encouraged.
Cons: caseload can be large.
Great place to work.
Work load is demanding but co-workers and management always ready to assist.
Great job satisfaction with the job well done. Downfall is that not all clients can be satisfied which is the nature of the business but can be difficult to deal with at times.
HEALTH CARE PAYMENT REPRESENTATIVE
HEALTH CARE PAYMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), 148 Fullarton street, London, Ontario N6A 5P3March 20, 2013
Pros: salary was very good, dealing with the public
Cons: some of the public were never satisfied so hard to deal with some of these issues
- enter Health Care Payments into system
- deal with difficult payments, determing what needs to be done and what systems you need to use to resolve any discrepancies and/or issues
- answer phone enquiries from workers, health care providers, internal calls from nurses, claims managers
- keep track of work via statistic taking
- management was on track, – more... had regular meetings, kept us up to date on new procedures or when errors occurred and needed to be resolved
- worked well with all my co-workers
- hardest part of the job were some payment discrepancies and how to deal with them
- most enjoyable part was working with the public and internal personnel – less
Extreme High Pressure and high volume environment
Eligibility Adjudicator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: extremely long hours
This is an extremely demanding environment where work and life balance is very difficult to maintain if meeting the quotas.
A really nice place to work
Maintenance Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoApril 12, 2012
Pros: really good and understanding bosses
Cons: correcting other peoples mistakes
A typical day at work is a little stressful but it progresses to be better as the day winds down.The hardest part of the job is when i have to train new people and make sure they understand all safety procedures.The most enjoyable part of the job is when all staff and management can sit down and have a barbecue together.
good work life balance
work transition (Former Employee), hamilton ontarioDecember 21, 2011
good stability, however lots of stress and pressure. no room for advancement