Workplace Medical Corp. is looking for a part-time bilingual disability case manager to join our Strategic Absence Management team. Strategic Absence Management provides disability insurance management services for employer sponsored Short Term Disability plans on a national scale.
At Strategic Absence Management, our approach to disability management is unique to the industry. We are looking for the best in the industry to build an all-star team. We are looking for individuals who would enjoy working in a dynamic environment providing cutting edge disability management services. We offer a new “outside the box” product that combines technology, experienced case managers and unique medical assessment tools such as doctor to doctor phone calls up front.
We want case managers that are driven and passionate about disability insurance claims management. Individuals that understand what they do impacts the lives of the people they work with.
This is a remote position working from home.
Main Responsibility Areas
The Disability Case Managers are responsible for accurate, efficient and consistent adjudication of short-term disability claims. Key duties include:
- Conducting detailed telephone interviews to obtain relevant medical and non-medical information.
- Effectively managing physical and psychological disability situations.
- Developing a case management plan and communicating both verbally and in writing to claimants and employers.
- Coordinating doctor to doctor conferences when appropriate.
- Assessing and identifying the functional limitations that affect return to work and proactively initiating return to work plans.
- Identifying and addressing any other barriers that may impact the timing of a return to work.
- Manage the transition to LTD and provide medical and summary case management to the LTD insurer to ensure a seamless transition.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in disability management
- Excellent communication skills in French & English both verbal and written
- Well organized individual with strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines
- Superior customer service
No phone calls please. Please apply using this site.