Workplace Medical Corp. is looking for disability case managers to join our Strategic Absence Management team. Strategic Absence Management provides disability management services for employer sponsored Short Term Disability plans on a national scale.
At Strategic Absence Management, our approach to disability management is unique to the industry. We are looking for the best in the industry to build an all-star team. We are looking for individuals who would enjoy working in a dynamic environment providing cutting edge disability management services. We offer a new “outside the box” product that combines technology, experienced case managers and unique medical assessment tools such as doctor to doctor phone calls up front.
We are looking for several full-time permanent case managers to work out of our office in Toronto (near QEW & 427). We are also looking for other case managers who will be remote, working from home.
We are also looking for 2 bilingual case managers.
There may also be an opportunity to work on an occasional or part-time basis to handle overflow work and cover vacation time. This might be a good opportunity for someone in semi-retirement.
We want case managers that are driven and passionate about disability claims management. Individuals that understand what they do impacts the lives of the people they work with.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The Disability Case Managers are responsible for accurate, efficient and consistent adjudication of short-term disability claims. Key duties include:
- Conducting detailed telephone interviews to obtain relevant medical and non-medical information.
- Effectively managing physical and psychological disability situations.
- Developing a case management plan and communicating both verbally and in writing to claimants and employers.
- Coordinating doctor to doctor conferences when appropriate.
- Assessing and identifying the functional limitations that affect return to work and proactively initiating return to work plans.
- Identifying and addressing any other barriers that may impact the timing of a return to work.
- Manage the transition to LTD and provide medical and summary case management to the LTD insurer to ensure a seamless transition.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in disability management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organized individual with strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines
- Superior customer service
Resumes should be directed to Penny Buckner, Director of Strategic Absence Management at penny.buckner(@)workplacemedical.com or by fax to 1-866-678-3558.