Workopolis Employee Reviews in Canada

Great work culture. Lack of business and diversification
Customer Success Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Enjoyed my time at Workopolis very much. Was disappointed that they cancelled my contract early based on lack of revenue in the western office. Worked closely with four Account managers responsible for all western customers. I enjoyed building relationships with those customers and learning about their business needs. Learned a lot about advertising campaigns and website analytic's. Central office is located in Toronto and having that gap made it difficult to communicate effectively sometimes.Often was left out of conversations and given important info last or not at all. The office in Calgary consisted of six people and as a result we all became very close. Working with my coworkers was the best part of my day and I learn a great deal from them as they were all in different departments.
Pros
flexible work environment was able to work from home on occasion
Cons
Lack of communication
great co workers but shady and vision-less "senior" management
Fulltime employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
great work life balance and geat co-workers to work with. frequent parties to enjoy.
however current management have no strategy and loosing this great Canadian brand. layoffs every year !
Advertised as a fun place to work
Account Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  King St. W./BathurstMay 6, 2013
Prospecting, maintaing and closing business

I learned how vile salespeople can be.

Management wasn't informed of what upper management knew

Workopolis was the convergence of great minds and talent.

The morale was very low due to unexpected mass layoffs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being paid for your efforts. Very rewarding compensation plan.
Pros
transportation allowance that counteracted paying for benefits
Cons
no job security; paid for benefits out of salary
An Unorganized Organization
Advertisement, Clerical and administrative duties (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2013
This company has alot of room for emprovement. There's no room for advancement and the company has done mass layoffs each November since 2011 to current year (2013)
Pros
1 hour lunches, monthly bonuses (depending on your department)
Cons
unpaid overtime, unstructured operations, sloppy data management, sloppy staffing for each department, no work-life balance, no stability, supporting an inferior website.
Warm and welcoming staff, great lunch room with TV!!!
Bilingual Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2012
It was a great place to work for the short time I was there. Three of us were brought in to do a year end clean up of the receivables. Our colleagues were fantastic to us and treated us like old friends, but the management decided to do their own clean up of sorts and unfortunately they decided that we were no longer needed on New Years Eve. Oh well, their loss is anothers gain!!!!!
Pros
great team spirit, great people, halloween was awesome!!!!
Cons
downtown location made for a long day when traveling to and from durham!!!
Productive and Fun workplace
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
A great place that believes this is your second family. Enjoys outings to the baseball game and more.
Pros
going to the jays game
Cons
no cons
great culture
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
a place where you can make genuine friends out of colleagues.
Pros
beer cart fridays
Cons
competition taking away clients

2.9