WorkForce Employee Reviews

Temporary Work when times get tough
Driver/Labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2017
I worked for workforce when the economic downturn had just started to turn its wheels in Alberta. You would have to be there by 6 o clock to even think of getting a job for the day. It was necessary for me, as I had no other options, I persevered even though I lived an hour outside of the city at the time and positions were not guaranteed. I did however have an advantage as a driver, so I would most often get hired to take other clients to and from the office. It was hard labor work, and sometimes you were met with rude people who just would call you "temp" and not even by your name. Which was rough, but not having groceries would be rougher.
Pros
Justin, the manager is a fantastic guy, paid daily
Cons
being ridiculed, not permanent work, low pay
Busy workplace with ability to catch onto extra hours
General and skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
It was a helpful company in order to gain skills and experience within the construction field. This was a fast paced job and hands on work. These skills I was able to manage and enjoyed.
Pros
Busy, fast paced and was able to catch onto extra hours
Cons
Not always reliable on work
very last minute changes to shifts frequently
Labourer and Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON13 January 2017
A typical day at work would contain a safety talk with the team. Then once the job is ready we would go in the smelter and lock ourselves in to the lockbox. After that we would make our way to the job location and inspect together the hazards. Once we are set we would begin work and most times take breaks frequently on a rotation because of the poor conditions.

I learnt that safety is not a joke and it is very important to practice, Teamwork is essential to completing the job with high quality and that hard work makes a good first impression.

The management is sometimes poor because the control room often change their minds at the last second to do something else, in consequence we must wait around and our work is delayed.

My co-workers are mostly always new employees to Workforce, so I often train them on the job and help them with the challenging tasks.

The hardest part of the job is working in extremely hot conditions for long hours, (12 hour shifts)

The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the task with quality so the clients are happy and we don't need to return.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
12 hour shifts
Work Force
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 December 2016
The staff are reliable and easy going, some of the workers they send to sites could use a bit more training and a better work ethic then they have. The pay rarely changed no matter how good of a job that was done, the Income for the job itself was also some what low for some of the work that was made to do.
Pros
Money, Flexible hours
Cons
Low wage, Terrible workers would be sent also, they dont follow through with their terrmination policies
Very productive, good hours, safety is a priority.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 November 2016
I learned a lot working here, especially about safety int he workplace because it was a very dangerous job and they took safety training very seriously
co-workers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 October 2016
give you a great expirence to meet new peaple and work with defiratete peaple ilove it persanaly always work with new peaple everyday ..................
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hours days
Helped me find a job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lively Ontario11 October 2016
Workforce is a placement agency. I have been working at Outotec since 2012. I have learned many things and enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
not getting hired through the company because of cost savings
Very Organized with latest training programs.
Rescue Attendant for Confined Spaces (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 May 2016
They got me the training I needed to do the job and do it safely, very impressed at the willingness to get me trained, and working.
independent workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2016
Very laid back work structure with no guidelines to help you get started. You need to be self motivated and a go getter. May as well open your own company.
Temp
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2014
Those whom send you out overlook women and only send out men or there is no 1st come 1 serve
general Laborer was good ith all th jobs i came in contact with
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2013
Wake up early to get a staffing job.
work the duties required for that day.
Pros
Learning new skills daily
Cons
The thought of maybe getting a job
some production okay, no extras
First Aid Attendent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 January 2013
I have to work harder than I should for small money, I have learned a lot on every job and still dont know everything. Management is sometimes inflexable with respect to raises. The cost of living in Vancouver has risen but wages have not.My coworkers are not consistent in their work ethic. The hardest part of the job is get some of my coworkers on the same page.the most enjoyable part is when the project is finished and we have a rooftop party.
Pros
good superitendents
Cons
brain dead workers