WorkForce Employee Reviews

Garbage
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
I didn't like workforce, I never made enough to live, it's basically the place to go to work ten hours over night for nothing just so you can fill your tank half way and eat a snack
Pros
You almoat always get work
Cons
The pay isnt enough.
I Would Definitely Go Back if They Needed Someone
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
I really enjoyed working here. The management was like family, and the atmosphere of the place was great. Your paycheque was calibrated to your results - base pay + commission + cell phone + laptop + car allowance/company vehicle. If you are a sociable type of person, this would suit you. You get to go out to construction sites and build relationships with the people on the site and try to expand your market share. Hardest part was the CRM - but that is pretty standard for a sales person, most don't like to do the CRM input.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Employees get paid daily from Workforce Services.
SKILLED lABOURER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2017
A good place to work and get paid daily, with new work experiences given out and a new surroundings of work environment and great co-workers to work with.
Thank you Workforce Services.
Pros
a friendly place to go
Cons
having to wait for employers to call in for workers.
good
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
its ok a place to find work if your out of work and need to make money asap and the job sites are ok , they make you do jobs no one wants to do so don't be expecting to do man jobs , they keep you safe cleaning up sites
Pros
bus is convient
Cons
hard work
shovel operator
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainy River, ON3 May 2017
work days start at 7 an end at seven. Shift was 14 on an 14 days off. training an operating 5500 shovels loading haul trucks in a productive but safe manner. meal , company truck an rooms were provided at there expense. job is great
Pros
flights, transportation, meals an rooms provided by company
Cons
deleyed flights happen alot so unpaid for over night stays on your days off.
Temporary Work when times get tough
Driver/Labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2017
I worked for workforce when the economic downturn had just started to turn its wheels in Alberta. You would have to be there by 6 o clock to even think of getting a job for the day. It was necessary for me, as I had no other options, I persevered even though I lived an hour outside of the city at the time and positions were not guaranteed. I did however have an advantage as a driver, so I would most often get hired to take other clients to and from the office. It was hard labor work, and sometimes you were met with rude people who just would call you "temp" and not even by your name. Which was rough, but not having groceries would be rougher.
Pros
Justin, the manager is a fantastic guy, paid daily
Cons
being ridiculed, not permanent work, low pay
Busy workplace with ability to catch onto extra hours
General and skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
It was a helpful company in order to gain skills and experience within the construction field. This was a fast paced job and hands on work. These skills I was able to manage and enjoyed.
Pros
Busy, fast paced and was able to catch onto extra hours
Cons
Not always reliable on work
very last minute changes to shifts frequently
Labourer and Industrial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON13 January 2017
A typical day at work would contain a safety talk with the team. Then once the job is ready we would go in the smelter and lock ourselves in to the lockbox. After that we would make our way to the job location and inspect together the hazards. Once we are set we would begin work and most times take breaks frequently on a rotation because of the poor conditions.

I learnt that safety is not a joke and it is very important to practice, Teamwork is essential to completing the job with high quality and that hard work makes a good first impression.

The management is sometimes poor because the control room often change their minds at the last second to do something else, in consequence we must wait around and our work is delayed.

My co-workers are mostly always new employees to Workforce, so I often train them on the job and help them with the challenging tasks.

The hardest part of the job is working in extremely hot conditions for long hours, (12 hour shifts)

The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the task with quality so the clients are happy and we don't need to return.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
12 hour shifts
Work Force
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 December 2016
The staff are reliable and easy going, some of the workers they send to sites could use a bit more training and a better work ethic then they have. The pay rarely changed no matter how good of a job that was done, the Income for the job itself was also some what low for some of the work that was made to do.
Pros
Money, Flexible hours
Cons
Low wage, Terrible workers would be sent also, they dont follow through with their terrmination policies
Very productive, good hours, safety is a priority.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 November 2016
I learned a lot working here, especially about safety int he workplace because it was a very dangerous job and they took safety training very seriously
co-workers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 October 2016
give you a great expirence to meet new peaple and work with defiratete peaple ilove it persanaly always work with new peaple everyday ..................
Pros
free lunch
Cons
12 hours days
Helped me find a job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lively Ontario11 October 2016
Workforce is a placement agency. I have been working at Outotec since 2012. I have learned many things and enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
not getting hired through the company because of cost savings
Labourer in construction
Labourer in Construction (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2016
Work Force hires every person daily. We present ourselves in the morning, and the manager send anyone in different place. The rate per a day was 15 $/hour
Very Organized with latest training programs.
Rescue Attendant for Confined Spaces (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 May 2016
They got me the training I needed to do the job and do it safely, very impressed at the willingness to get me trained, and working.
Great team to work with
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2016
During my time at Workforce, I enjoyed working with a great team in all the locations. The people where genuine and always seeking ways to collaborate and move the company forward.
independent workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2016
Very laid back work structure with no guidelines to help you get started. You need to be self motivated and a go getter. May as well open your own company.
it was a ok job
Construction Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2015
moring to noons
alot of constrution
good managment
they were ok
it was diffenet all the time
got to learn new things every day
Pros
no free lunch
temp agency
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2015
just a normal temp agency get a job go to it get it done get paid
nothing else to really say about it
they pay $10 an hour so you dont really get paid a lot the jobs arent really good either
Pros
not sure
Cons
not sure
Okay for a few dollars, but not a living
temporary labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2015
A typical day involves showing up at 5:30 am and getting dispatched to various job sites. The folks behind the counter were prompt and pleasant.
great
labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
my mornings would start at 4:30 every morning just to get to work force so i have the drive to get to work and love a challenge, i like to be on time and make a good impression. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work.
Pros
hard working and driven
Cons
not having a drivers licence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorkForce. Our community is ready to answer.