Workday Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Senior Associate, Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT9 November 2016
Workday provides a great work/life balance and the opportunity to grow your skill set. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of individuals and look forward to new opportunities.
Amazing people and technology
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX25 September 2016
Workday is the first technology company that I worked for that allows me to use the technology daily and it is the exact same software we sell to prospects.
Pros
Cons
Answering to Wall Street Quarterly
Ok company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA13 July 2016
Hiring spree has resulted in the standards falling especially for the way middle level managers have been hired. Many of the junior level managers to mid-level managers do not deserve to be managers in the company. This is fast becoming another Oracle.
Pros
Top level management, employee focus
Cons
Poor junior and middle level managers
Proceed with caution
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA20 January 2016
I was recruited by Workday and ended up relocating to Pleasanton from the east coast. I had hoped Workday a place where i could stay for quite a while but ultimately this was not a good fit for me. As an SME with over 20 years experience in my industry I was very anxious to develop and delivery best of breed functionality into my product area. Although the developers, qa and documentation people were great, I found to be the middle and upper management inflexible and stuck in their old "ERP" ways given most or previous Peoplesoft or Oracle employees. If you have background from a best of breed solution and want to work for Workday make sure you get a demo of the product before accepting a position at Workday.
Pros
Use of Agile development methodology, DEV/QA team members
Cons
Poor people management
Fun and collaborative
Sr eal Estate Manger (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA6 June 2016
Workday places it's employees first in all core values. from that fundamental discipline all other values fall into place and a superior product is developed.
Pros
Very exciting growth initiative
Cons
Many shifts in departments keeping up with growth and some instability
Workday, and night was the slogan often used..
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, Ca12 February 2014
If you didn't work around the clock. You didn't get respect. New management that has been coming in has no respect. The culture was dead when I got terminated. However people acted as if nothing had changed. New management loved people who made spread sheets, but didn't care or turned a blind eye to those who really did work.

I was terminated for being late when I was never given a warning. And in-fact some of the late was work related from being on call. I got sick of trying to make my manager happy when he was doing noting but lieing to me, so I accepted the termination with little resistance.

Don't get me wrong. There is some good things still at workday. But don't expect the great place to work as solid gold. Managers ask you to lie to please CEO and management on the public best place to work surveys. I always told the truth. It was a good place for me, till about a year ago.

Its all about the money because they went public.
Pros
Free bagels and coffee
Cons
Best Company, if they call jump to got there.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 February 2013
Here is a CEO that is a billionaire and starts another technology company because he does it for the love and his "passion" for technology! I call him the "Picasso" of technology and the culture here is reflective of his love to this work. How many leaders can you say that about?
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great company
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA18 November 2013
Typical day read all emails and handle all priorities. Daily check of all kitchens and copy areas. Handle all service request and complete in a timely manner. I have learned how to time manage my workload and prioritize. I really liked my job there was no negative as far as workday. The toughest part of my job was my manager. I truly believe that upper management should not hiring family members within the same department.
Pros
Free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches
Account Executive
Account Executive Large Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Atlanta13 October 2015
Working at Workday was complete go to market strategy for a subsection of prospects. This required multiple marketing strategies and specific communication cadences to help deliver the Workday message.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Long Sales Cycles
Playing catch up to new technology without a clue how to do it.
Product designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco30 November 2012
Big ideas but no knowledge how to achieve them. Management is dated and clueless how to update their aging software. Want innovation but have no experience on the process to create innovative products. Be prepared to be blamed for their lack of knowledge. Have your resume ready for your next job interview.
Pros
pays well.
Cons
hamster on wheels style projects.
Life At Workday
Desktop Systems Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG30 January 2014
Part of a global IT support team, I’m the sole IT onsite engineer in the London offices. I’m responsible for all IT queries covering Windows 7, OSX 10.8, Office 2010, Blackberry, iPhone and iPads, Android and Lifesize audio visual units.
This role demonstrates my ability to work solo as well as integrating virtually in to the wider global team.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
No cons
Everyone is EXTREMELY Busy but with smile on their face
Operations Analysis (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA23 April 2012
Great place to work but be ready to work more hours than there are in a day.
Co-workers and management are all of high-caliber
Make sure to get as much feedback from management
Know who you have to impress
Fun and Fast moving environment with great leadershio
Just know that yours and anyone's job is on the line everyday
Great Product; Terrible Leadership in WD Education & Knowledge Management
Workday HCM Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA8 March 2015
On-boarding is the “mechanism through which new employees acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to become effective organizational members”

Helps your "new hires" make the transition to becoming:
• productive
• well-adjusted
• and a happy contributing members of your company/team

Post (Corporate) "lift off orientation on-boarding" ranked low on the list of hiring priorities – poorly designed and even more poorly executed if there was one in place.

No on-boarding at multiple organizational levels post (Corporate) "lift off orientation" – spent a great deal of time operating blind.

• On-boarding at "Location Level" was nonexistent. i.e., Next steps? Working From Home? Go to Local Office? Contact Info? Office supplies?

• On-boarding at "Departmental Level" was sporadic at best. Very California "centric".

• On-boarding at "Team/Job Level" – No real interaction or introductions if you were not in the California offices. No ‘Go-to Person’ as a contact/mentor. Experienced very little peer/colleague camaraderie. "everyone out for themselves" or "got my own problems" or "no time".

• On-boarding at "Individual Level" was nonexistent. Travel Policy? Expenses? Emergency Contact List? Appropriate Contact Protocol? Department Manager failed to make expectations clear.
- how would individual performance be assessed?
- bonus and promotion criteria/opportunities?
- clear and written “objectives” that stated accountable and measurable ROI were non-existent.
- generalized discussions on “time to productivity” was all over the map depending on conversation
  more... and WHO you were speaking with.
- never presented with documentation as reference, guidance, expectations or accountability.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!
Pros
workday is built for technology of the 21st century, definitely recommend Workday HCM products, definitely on the right technology platform and headed in the right direction, intuitive, easy to navigate, multiple paths of navigation, Object/Action oriented approach gives another dimension to personnel data management, not an antiquated relational database
Cons
very disappointing experience, a lot of emphasis goes into the nurturing of the Grad Programs/Millennials, never at any given time felt the “employee friendly” environment that is boasted, definitely NOT the same (or better) "employee friendly" family from the old PEOPLESOFT days
Hard working fun environment
Senior Alliance Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA27 April 2015
Great company to work for. Customer Success is the key! Good eye on the product. Long hours and they treat their employees well.
Growing way too fast, out of control
Mobile SQA Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA15 August 2012
Great top management, and bottom hard working level engineers. The middle management are full of politic. It has turn the company into political power house. The company double and nearly triple in size in less than a year and half, and created huge gap and confusion from top to bottom.
Great company with very professional coworkers
Senior Java Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA6 January 2014
I love working for Workday, unfortunately, my project is ending so I have to leave. I love Workday for the following reasons:

They like to use cutting edge technology
They are completely professional
They change around everyone's jobs every 6 months or so which keeps people happy.
Cons
They are located in Pleasanton, CA
Not for me.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA30 April 2015
I had high hopes of success here, but it was not a good fit for me. I don't know why, but the overall energy is better for a young, just-out-of-school herd of eager folks, I think.
Pros
Free fruit and nuts in the kitchen.
Great product and culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis7 April 2015
Very happy customer base that helps with referrals. A challenge is to find companies that will replace all of their existing HCM applications, and getting them to justify a premium.