Workday Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Proceed with caution
Product Management (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Use of Agile development methodology, DEV/QA team members
Cons: Poor people management
I was recruited by Workday and ended up relocating to Pleasanton from the east coast. I had hoped Workday a place where i could stay for quite a while but ultimately this was not a good fit for me. As an SME with over 20 years experience in my industry I was very anxious to develop and delivery best of breed functionality into my product area. Although the developers, qa and documentation people were great, I found to be the middle and upper management inflexible and stuck in their old "ERP" ways given most or previous Peoplesoft or Oracle employees. If you have background from a best of breed solution and want to work for Workday make sure you get a demo of the product before accepting a position at Workday.
Account Executive
Account Executive Large Enterprise (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Long Sales Cycles
Working at Workday was complete go to market strategy for a subsection of prospects. This required multiple marketing strategies and specific communication cadences to help deliver the Workday message.
Not for me.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free fruit and nuts in the kitchen.
I had high hopes of success here, but it was not a good fit for me. I don't know why, but the overall energy is better for a young, just-out-of-school herd of eager folks, I think.
Great company with very professional coworkers
Senior Java Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: they are located in pleasanton, ca
I love working for Workday, unfortunately, my project is ending so I have to leave. I love Workday for the following reasons:

They like to use cutting edge technology
They are completely professional
They change around everyone's jobs every 6 months or so which keeps people happy.
Best Company, if they call jump to got there.
Recruiter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Here is a CEO that is a billionaire and starts another technology company because he does it for the love and his "passion" for technology! I call him the "Picasso" of technology and the culture here is reflective of his love to this work. How many leaders can you say that about?

June 6, 2013

Yes, I agree. Team Leaders (not naming names here) lack the skills required to compete at a professional level. Think twice before applying....

Playing catch up to new technology without a clue how to do it.
Product designer (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 30, 2012
Pros: pays well.
Cons: hamster on wheels style projects.
Big ideas but no knowledge how to achieve them. Management is dated and clueless how to update their aging software. Want innovation but have no experience on the process to create innovative products. Be prepared to be blamed for their lack of knowledge. Have your resume ready for your next job interview.
Growing way too fast, out of control
Mobile SQA Lead (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 15, 2012
Great top management, and bottom hard working level engineers. The middle management are full of politic. It has turn the company into political power house. The company double and nearly triple in size in less than a year and half, and created huge gap and confusion from top to bottom.
Everyone is EXTREMELY Busy but with smile on their face
Operations Analysis (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 23, 2012
Great place to work but be ready to work more hours than there are in a day.
Co-workers and management are all of high-caliber
Make sure to get as much feedback from management
Know who you have to impress
Fun and Fast moving environment with great leadershio
Just know that yours and anyone's job is on the line everyday
Headquarters