Proposed Start Date: 2013-08-01
Work Schedule: 50 hours a week
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Framing Interior and Exterior
- Finish Carpentry
- Interior Trimwork
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Prepare layouts in conformance with building codes using measuring tools.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors and stairs, moulding and hardware.
- Maintain, repair, and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments.
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers.
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
- No absenteeism, work with minimal supervision, hardworking, safety oriented.
Education & Training:
Completion of high school.
Completion of three or four year apprenticeship program
A combination of over four years work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses in carpentry is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
Skills & Competencies -
- Red Seal Journeyman
- Reads & Interpret blueprints
- Supervise apprentices
- Prepare layouts to conform to N.B.C.
- Fit and install trims, doors, etc.
- Installs stairs, mouldings and hardware
Indeed - 14 months ago