Brampton Retirement Home is currently looking for a part time cook.
A Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized menus, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Vulnerable sector cleared.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification preferred in food sanitation, food handling
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic
Duties and Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include a clean, uniform and a correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient environment and operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to diets
- Prepare food of consistent quality following instructions
- Complete necessary food and station preparation in order to ensure that guests and residents are served promptly and efficiently during the meal times.
- Prepare and display food items attractively.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
A Brampton Retirement community providing assisted care for senior who want to live their lives to the fullest!